Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am floored by them-I am floored by the complete and utter lack of concern expressed by Casey, the confidence with which she utters the names of fictitious coworkers and employment history, the utter disbelief of the investigators as they question her in the Universal conference room.

They nailed it-Casey put Caylee in a trash can or buried her somewhere-they knew it the minute all of this nonsense unfolded.

I agree. I could never quite figure out what was going on with the partying at Fusion, shacking up with BF's and playing house, stealing from her friend, etc. I suppose because she was doing it all so openly and we're talking about her child, not a situation like Scott Peterson.

Casey is definitely a new case study. The very first thing that the detectives come into on this case is the knowledge that she didn't report her daughter missing to anyone. Casey didn't call anyone. She doesn't seem to think that was important until they keep pointing it out and even then she's only saying what she thinks is the proper response.

What I don't understand is how her parents and friends believed she had a job at these various places. Working from home on a laptop? That kind of a job does not strike me to be one that someone without even a high school diploma would have. I am not trying to belittle anyone here so please do not think I am bashing. But let's face it, not finishing high school does limit your choice of jobs. Has anyone else ever thought that was odd?

I have been in the hotel industry as an event planner for the past 10 years. It it took me forever to break in to the industry, because I did not have a degree in hotel/restaurant management. I can tell you that we do not work from home. We have to be at the site to book the events, and to greet our clients at the beginning of each function. I know that Disney is very picky about who they hire for these positions, and I doubt that I could get on with them, even with all of my experience. I would bet that Universal is the same way. There is no way that Casey would be hired as an assistant, without a high school diploma.

Working from home on a laptop? That kind of a job does not strike me to be one that someone without even a high school diploma would have. I am not trying to belittle anyone here so please do not think I am bashing. But let's face it, not finishing high school does limit your choice of jobs. Has anyone else ever thought that was odd?

You don't necessarily have to have a hs diploma to work from home. Depends on the place. Reputable places simply require testing. One I know of requires that you incorporate - you don't need a diploma for that, although you need a few hundred dollars.

As well, there's alot of shady work at home jobs.

One thing I've never seen, is it is possible that KC was doing something to make a few bucks online. It can be done. I have a friend that makes 3000-4000 a month off one website. It requires alot of work, however.

I have been in the hotel industry as an event planner for the past 10 years. It it took me forever to break in to the industry, because I did not have a degree in hotel/restaurant management. I can tell you that we do not work from home. We have to be at the site to book the events, and to greet our clients at the beginning of each function. I know that Disney is very picky about who they hire for these positions, and I doubt that I could get on with them, even with all of my experience. I would bet that Universal is the same way. There is no way that Casey would be hired as an assistant, without a high school diploma.

I never worked a hotel, but I did work at a country club as a waitress for years and we catered events. The event planners and their assistants were always there. Even when we were the planners of the event we were always there.

I'm still curious as to why we have not heard from people who had contact with Casey during the month that Caylee was missing. People like cashiers at Target and grocery stores. Surely someone saw her. Do you guys think that LE has asked them to keep quiet? I would think they would be able to provide tons of info.....

I would still like to know where she went with Caylee during the day for the last two years she lied about having a job. I think that would be a good angle to look into for LE. Places she was familiar with as she says in the interview places Caylee is familiar with.

Does anyone know if we have a thread for this? Has it ever been discussed? We're all looking for some little scintilla of truth or clue that leads to Caylee. Casey says a lot of crazy things in that interview but the backwards sort of way that makes sense to her sounds like Caylee is a lost object that they need to back track where she would be or have gone to find her.

Even though the car hadn't been seized, LE knew about the odor of decomposition from Cindy's 911 call. The presumption that Caylee had been killed seemed to underlie the interrogations as the police kept referring to it. They did not want to share what they knew but only to present it as a suspicion, so they could draw Casey out and lock down her stories. We are not veteran interrogators and would have asked how she explained the odor in the trunk. That odor pretty much destroys all the fabrications, alternate explanations, evasions. But once Casey had exhausted all of those stories, why not pose that freighted question? Maybe it was held in reserve for another day when it would come as a surprise and the evidence was validated and firm. It will be used to huge effect in court and the defense will not be able to refute it.

What I don't understand is how her parents and friends believed she had a job at these various places. Working from home on a laptop? That kind of a job does not strike me to be one that someone without even a high school diploma would have. I am not trying to belittle anyone here so please do not think I am bashing. But let's face it, not finishing high school does limit your choice of jobs. Has anyone else ever thought that was odd?

I believe KC lied about her "job" and her only real employment was stealing $$$ from people to live the charade.

Regarding speech patterns and "peculiarities" - something I've noticed is that despite having what sounds to be a fairly good vocabulary, Casey uses an incorrect past tense of the verb "to see". She says "the last time I seen her" instead of "the last time I saw her".

To me, this is an indication of a lack of basis education.

Does Cindy use this incorrect tense? Perhaps it is a family peculiarity?

That particular "agrammaticism" is present in numerous dialects all over the country, esp. from the Mason-Dixon line down. It occurs in the speech of adequately educated people in those regions.

Another common mistake is in conjugating the verb "to be." I've heard my mother say, for example, "We was downtown and we seen him." :innocent:

I am sure this has been discussed however the one piece of these tapes that really stick out to me is when KC was asked "Did you give ZG any money" her response without missing a beat was I would never sell my child. Why I ask would that be her response? Did anyone feel there was ANY implication of selling her child. My first thought was paying her for sitting services. Not selling the child. I find her answer totally defensive. Almost like she did sell her child and was in quick defense of not doing so.

I believe the question was actually "Did Zenaida give YOU any money?" In which case, Casey would be tipped off by the phrasing (as I was when I heard it).

If this is in error, or has been responded to elsewhere, I apologize.

I believe KC lied about her "job" and her only real employment was stealing $$$ from people to live the charade.

I believe that too. What I don't get is how her parents fell for it. She obviously had no office phone number, and no pay check stubs. How could they not know?

I believe that too. What I don't get is how her parents fell for it. She obviously had no office phone number, and no pay check stubs. How could they not know?

they knew the whole time, she was a scam artist

they just let it go.

After listening to the interviews, i think that LE clearly used the wrong interview tactics.

It sounds like they are lecturing her, "back in my day, blah blah blah" and "I have 20 years experience, blah blah blah, I know when someone is lying blah blah blah"

We know she is a liar, and we know she was called a liar by her parents among others, this is not gonna break her one bit! She knows exactly how to deal this this type of interview / lecture. She's gone through it her whole life with her own family. She is clearly an expert on dealing with this type of situation and knows how to act under this kind of pressure. A normal person may be intimidated or broken by these tactics, but not a pathological liar.

Come one now, if you really want to break her, call her a MOTHER and see how she reacts.

They tried to bully her and they couldn't. Perhaps they should have tried to get under her skin instead of instead of intimidating her.

After listening to the interviews, i think that LE clearly used the wrong interview tactics.

It sounds like they are lecturing her, "back in my day, blah blah blah" and "I have 20 years experience, blah blah blah, I know when someone is lying blah blah blah"

We know she is a liar, and we know she was called a liar by her parents among others, this is not gonna break her one bit! She knows exactly how to deal this this type of interview / lecture. She's gone through it her whole life with her own family. She is clearly an expert on dealing with this type of situation and knows how to act under this kind of pressure. A normal person may be intimidated or broken by these tactics, but not a pathological liar.

Come one now, if you really want to break her, call her a MOTHER and see how she reacts.

They tried to bully her and they couldn't. Perhaps they should have tried to get under her skin instead of instead of intimidating her.

I'm right there w/ you on this one. But, I was more or less thinking they should have had a female detective who is close to CA's age or even resembles her so that KC WOULD indeed be intimidated & possibly break.

they knew the whole time, she was a scam artist

they just let it go.

Precisely.

Her parents have been ENABLING this behavior for years.

Again -- instead of doing the right thing and forcing her to tell where Caylee's body is -- they have decided to ENABLE her one last time.

What do they talk about in the house?

George : Wow.. Something seems missing... isn't someone missing from the house?

Cindy: GEORGE! We promised not to put any pressure on Casey. Aren't you supposed to be watching the kidnappers anyhow?

George: Sorry Dear. Can someone pass the gravy?

Casey: Anyone want to play Monopoly?

George: I can't -- I have to go scout out the kidnappers house.

Cindy: Who wants a brownie?

Casey, George, Lee : ME! ME! ME!

What the hell is going on?

I see what you mean...Its not like she had on the job experience to make up for the lack of education being only 22 yrs old..If she was in her late twenty's or thirties it would be More believable as one can gain on the job experience.

Precisely.

Her parents have been ENABLING this behavior for years.

Again -- instead of doing the right thing and forcing her to tell where Caylee's body is -- they have decided to ENABLE her one last time.

What do they talk about in the house?

George : Wow.. Something seems missing... isn't someone missing from the house?

Cindy: GEORGE! We promised not to put any pressure on Casey. Aren't you supposed to be watching the kidnappers anyhow?

George: Sorry Dear. Can someone pass the gravy?

Casey: Anyone want to play Monopoly?

George: I can't -- I have to go scout out the kidnappers house.

Cindy: Who wants a brownie?

Casey, George, Lee : ME! ME! ME!

What the hell is going on?

that sums it up nicely :D

Everytime I listen to these recordings I keep hearing Cindy say two things. One, "my daughter may have some half-truths and mistruths out there." That is all she has out there. The second thing I remember her saying is that the one thing she has always maintained is that the babysitter stole her. Ummm, no, that is not the only thing she maintained:

She maintained that she had two phones, both provided by her employer, Universal Studios.

She maintained that she left one phone on her desk and filed a report.

She maintained that she had an office there.

She maintained that she told two friends and that Zenaida even babysat one of their children...

I could go on but she MAINTAINS everything until she is caught in the lie! "The babysitter stole her," is the only lie that they haven't proven is a lie to her yet. She has showed us that she will literally walk a lie and expand on it until the very end. That's what she does. How can you not see the pattern? I totally understand being in denial, but maybe feeding into her lies is not helping matters. She obviously has to be confronted with the truth before she admits to lying.

Then at the end of the interview, she apologizes and seems like she thinks she is going to be on her merry way. She is used to lying her way out of everything, that day was no different. When she says that they arrested her on a *$&^$ whim, she is furious that they didn't buy her stories. She probably never had that happen to her before. That's why she is screaming that they aren't listening to a )&*(&^*& word she is saying. In her mind, she has always been able to keep talking and talking and finally someone would believe her. She never realized that people actually just gave up on disproving the lies because they just kept getting bigger and bigger. LE is the first that listened to her, seemed to go along with it, then told her flat out that they don't believe her.

What's really bad is that she doesn't really seem to know how to show the emotions that go with her words.
Everything is said in about the same tone of voice. "I'm scared." "I'm petrified." "I'm sorry."
Which is a problem, because if she were a sociopath, she would know how to fake those emotions.
So actually, I guess she really doesn't know any emotions at all.

Oh, yeah, good catch. Like she was saying, "this has nothing to do with the actual crime--it just happened then." Also, it even seems like she's lying about THAT--as though it really did have something to do with the crime.

She's not so smooth....

Probably everyone noticed Casey adding "circumstantially" but you have taken it further and analysed it and I think you are right. She was answering a question, a suspicion before it arose because it did have to do with the crime. Excellent detecting! This also fits with the investigation techniques described in Wrinklepup's helpful link. Why did Casey add the extraneous information? To deceive and point away from the truth about parking the car where she did. Great job!

I've just finished to listening to all the tapes and I'm sickened by them. I have no words to describe this person. To lie in the face of your child being missing is beyond reprehensible. There could be nothing "compelling" to JB's spin on this. This girl is an out and out liar. To me there is no punishment good enough for this sick girl. To me, the A's are getting what they deserve. They have to live with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf