Casey is indigent? Now what?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou for the video Strawberry and lauriej as I'd never seen it.

Boy, she's cold!

In that video I think a doctor must have had Cindy doped up on something. She is so skinny and looks horrible. She isn't my favorite person by any means but she really does look awful and I would bet she is on some kind of medication. That is not her at all to just sit there kind of out of it.

I had to stop watching the video. George makes me want to throw up just watching him. He acts like he is such a big man and he really is just a whipped husband. He talks such a big talk but they never did do anything to find Caylee. Now we are lucky if they even remember her name.

Look at the video on #104 about "Is Casey's defense going broke" or something like that. At the very end of the video it says that the judge has denied the Pros the secret meeting about the new discovery and keeping it from the defense. They have to write down what the discovery is and give it to the judge and then he will look it over and make a decision.

bobbi:

..i think you're referring to this clip:( cindy--on meds ??)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpteGu0PL0[/ame]

..while sally is referring to this one: ( kc's 1st court appearance-------cold hearted , zero emotion: aka: b*tch)
Originally Posted by SallyLu [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4824851#post4824851"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
Thankyou for the video Strawberry and lauriej as I'd never seen it.

Boy, she's cold!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-qSflO43c[/ame]

I think this is really interesting and belongs on this thread, it's an article by T. Lenamon titled "The Cost of a Life: Representing the Indigent Accused of Crimes in Florida Courts Today"...
[/I]

Even more interesting is the fact that this article was written by Terrance Lenamon, who was Casey's former DP qualified attorney that was going to have her plead "not guilty by reason of insanity."

Are convicted felons allowed to have a non profit organization? I doubt they will ever work in nursing or LE again, so the penalty for perjury could be very protracted and perpetual, indeed.

If Cindy is convicted of a felony she can kiss her Nursing License goodbye.

Does anyone remember the Caylee Doll? It was pulled because everyone was outraged.
Did KC or the A's have anything to do with the production of that doll?
Could they have been counting on that doll to rake in millions to help defend KC?

I think they were angry that they hadn't thought of it first. So they came up with the Caylee Teddy Bear.

Quite a pickle our Casey has got herself in. Out of money and can't declare indigency unless she reveals that she paid for her defense of murdering her sweet baby Caylee by selling images of her sweet baby she murdered.

The public outcry from revealing that will be swift and severe.

And they'll instantly lose any teeth they might have had in their claims that poor Casey's been unfairly vilified in the press. Like for the COV.

Think about it.

Sweet, isn't it?

:-)

Poetic Justice..

I'm the same way. I think Baez will try to turn this into a new career, but I doubt Nancy Grace will have him on. He's no expert on anything.

I think his 'Media Legal Analyst' career will be shot down in flames once anyone examines his record. Unless someone like Jerry Springer has an opening on his show...

I think his 'Media Legal Analyst' career will be shot down in flames once anyone examines his record. Unless someone like Jerry Springer has an opening on his show...

......or someone else on an even LOWER "sensationalist entertainment" program like Ger*ld* (can't really remember the name due to mid-age :innocent: ;) ) has an opening

This in and of itself raises huge legal ethical questions. If Baez's only hope for payment out of this case involves media deals and selling Caylee pictures movies and personal effects. Who is all this media attention that the defense keeps generating serving? The client sitting in jail facing the death penalty? Or JB, LKB, AL and the other assorted A listers out pimping books and speaking engagements and talking head status?

This is precisely the reason why Lawyers are not allowed to be paid on a contingency basis for criminal matters.

As far as indigent status. If rumors are true, and JB and company brokered a deal selling Caylees pics etc for $200k, then they have accepted fees for services. They have comitted to seeing it through to the end, even if they blow through the cash provided. JB'd inability to properly anticipate the costs and assess his client a bill up front does not negate his obligations to his client once that deal is made. If KC has not paid agreed apon money's its one thing. If $200k has changed hands but the defense claims they want or need more it is entirely another issue legally.

Now KC can fire her attorneys, then claim indigency and request public defense. She could even consider suing JB and company for mismanagement of funds (not a bright move as it removes that oh so important Lawyer/Client confidentiality privilege.) Or she can stick it out with her dream team and they will have to come up with what is needed to provide a reasonable and robust defense on their own. I can't see any scenario where JS authorizes state funds to be dispersed to her private attorneys after they blew through their payment arrangements.

I would vote for the death sentence for her, but as long as she is locked up that will do...

No no no, not enough. I would also ask that they take out her reproductive organs. :D

No no no, not enough. I would also ask that they take out her reproductive organs. :D

ITA!!!!! Heck, if it was legal to do just that, then throw her back out on the street and let her resume previous lifestyle. At least she wouldn't be able to reproduce ever again.

Sadly enough, I've always thought that one reason the A's want to save her is that there's not going to be another Caylee, but at least Casey can produce another grandchild for them, and this time, they'd take custody of it before it got out of the womb. I've always thought they wanted a second chance to do what they never did with Caylee, which is just sick IMO.

At least with Casey indigent with a bumbling defense, most likely she won't get the chance to give them another grandchild EVER. Well, unless she starts sleeping with the jail guards. I really hope where ever she's put, they're all female...

I'd be willing to bet that the Anthonys have not paid the defense one penny of the money they have made off of this, not one penny. When they took the cruise rather than paying their mortgage forward, I knew they have something in the works that they plan to get more money from because they surely are not working. I think we will learn of their media deal / book deal in short order. They have possibly told Casey, dump Baez and we'll help you if we can, or some nonsense...anything to keep all the money to themselves. I cannot stand any of them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IrzGBLLjg[/ame]

At the four minute mark...is this one of the reasons the defense has stalled on examining these records...they can't pony up?

At the one minute mark check out what the judge says about Casey's finances. Too funny. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt2v6RfG9WI[/ame]

It is clear to me that what needs to happen here is for Cindy to start doing Febreze commercials. It would be a product endorsement without precedent.

cha ching

When the judge rules on the discovery schedule, it seems they are going to have to speak up at that time, that they are out of money. They did not have the nine hundred to pay for all the leads, they did not have the money to personally deliver the DVDs with the autopsy photos to their experts who are beyond the age of technology, Andrea keeps mentioning she wants to do Ms. Kerley's depo via Skype, clearly the students and interns are doing a lot of the paperwork,none of the experts are examining evidence, they haven't even deposed the fundamental law enforcement officers and FBI agents yet, let alone the state's expert witnesses. This case is going to cost another million dollars to defend, imo. It could drag on another year or two, and then there are the appeals. The Anthonys are never going to be able to make the kind of money a proper defense would take. Their home is worth 200K...max. Uncle Rick sure isn't going to be taking out any second

mortgages to help, and frankly..imo....neither is Lee.:waitasec::banghead:
Sounds like their "foundation" isn't doing such a great job of making a living for them.

Check this out: Kobi explained that he would have been all too happy to look at the hair for the defense but had not ( at that time ) been asked. THIS WAS IN NOVEMBER, MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS AFTER THE HAIR WAS DISCOVERED IN THE CAR. Was it a money problem , stupidity, or both?

According to the prosecution in the recent hearing, as we sit here today...the defense still hasn't had any of the evidence examined or deposed any of the state's witnesses.

I was reluctant for a long while, but I am going to start calling this what it is , imo......malpractice!!!!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FarxXTSNh6I[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1mR2L5h-c[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields