Casey is indigent? Now what?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
..i agree! ♪ ♪ jingle bells, jingle bells ♫ ♪.

..i love to hear the jingle-jangle of her ankle chains at every hearing...☺♪

Did we ever learn who exactly it was that called LP and asked if he may want to look into this case? Wouldn't it be interesting if it was a literary agent or media producer?

I have the same question about Dominic. I do not believe they just showed up on Baez's doorstep out of the goodness of their heart.

Lastly, did we ever learn who put up her bail the second time?

Is this when she took her photo albums to Jose to sell? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJxohfqVX3c[/ame]

Do we think it is strategy or a money problem why the defense is not going to examine the TES records at Mr. Nejame's office?

In order to find a new lawyer to take Todd's place...will they have to declare Casey indigent first so he or she can be offered some pay?

Once she is declared indigent do these decisions still fall on Andrea as first chair or more of a case manager lawyer by the county or some combination of both?

To declare her indigent...do the trust accounts/escrow accounts all monies spent up until now and their origin have to be divulged to the state and the court?

Check this out: Kobi explained that he would have been all too happy to look at the hair for the defense but had not ( at that time ) been asked. THIS WAS IN NOVEMBER, MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS AFTER THE HAIR WAS DISCOVERED IN THE CAR. Was it a money problem , stupidity, or both?

According to the prosecution in the recent hearing, as we sit here today...the defense still hasn't had any of the evidence examined or deposed any of the state's witnesses.

I was reluctant for a long while, but I am going to start calling this what it is , imo......malpractice!!!!!

Malpractice or ....... maybe a "slow plea deal"?

It took an inordinate amount of time to get to a plea in the check fraud case, making it a painful distraction. It will take time to get to the same realization here.

If Casey is declared indigent, the State of Florida won't pay her dream team attorneys right? She will be assigned a public defender? Is that right? Or if her dream team chooses to remain pro-bono, and just receives free filing fees, they would still have to come up with the cash to pay their experts, right? The State won't finance her experts, or will they?

Is this when she took her photo albums to Jose to sell? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJxohfqVX3c

I believe it is!! I remember another clip of her scurrying into Baez's office where she loses a flip-flop as she's weighed down with a stuffed back-pack. If that's a separate day, that makes 2 backpacks full of something she carted over there. Not very discreet, huh? Why didn't they just have someone carry in a couple of legal boxes? I remember at the time I thought she was bringing evidence to Baez's office to get rid of it. Large items, like maybe a comforter off her bed. I was surprised at how obvious that stuffed backpack was. Now, sadly, it appears it was photo albums. :furious: JMO

If TM was in charge of her expense account, maybe he named it "Underhill's room 236". (see TM thread) Wonder if her snack account is still as active as it once was. Just a question, does it cost more for her defense team members to come and visit her between the hours of 7 pm and midnight? Do they have to pay swing or grave yard Atty fees at those hours? I am so curious as to why so many visits occur at these strange hours.

Since all of the dream team have said they signed on pro bono, could JB be the only attorney being paid? He must be busy filling his pockets since he isn't spending money or doing anything about the defense of KC.
Do we have a comparison of the backpack before and after KC's visits to his office?

The latest media is stating that attorneys fees will not be paid by the state, the only thing they want paid is the actual defense you know the leg work.. UGGG this is sickening I hope that JS decides that the only way she can claim indigent is if her "dream team" is indigent as well, then I believe they have to disclose certain financial information and hopefully it will put an end to all these frivolous motions. I hope that the state argues this and shows where the defence team has not done any productive work, so therefore they should have funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps