Casey Now Referred To By LE As A Suspect! Discuss!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The plea you enter in a criminal court has nothing to do with whether or not you actually, in reality, committed the crime, that is went through the actions and 'did it'.

Your plea has to do with whether or not your defense attorney or defense team thinks they can win, that is, get you off all charges, or get you off on lesser charges.

A Not Guilty plea doesn't mean at all that the person didn't do it, know they did it, and a number of other people (witnesses, videos) know they did it too.

I have to disagree with entering a not guilty on whether or not the atty thinks they can win. You would enter a not guilty generally for any charge unless you plan on either admitting guilt or not challenging (which would be a nolle prose - my spelling may be off on that) the charges. If you enter a not guilty, you can always later change your plea ... not being in the crim law world, I would think it's just a standard thing to do NG and if anything, it might give you a tiny, fractional leverage position depending on the evidence of the crime.

Sorry I killed the thread guys! Now I know what other people mean when they've said this on other threads...

The term "suspect" carries no weight at all. Otherwise, all LE would have to do, in any case, not just this one, would be to namecall the desired target a "suspect", tell it to the trial judge, and score points. Casey's fate will rest on the strength of the evidence gathered for and against her, which will presumably be presented at her trial.

It's all about the evidence, not these meaningless designations.

Yes. And the evidence against her is insurmountable which is exactly why she is a suspect.

Does anyone thing KC will eventually be a suicide risk when she discovers that the net is closing in on her? What do you think she might do to avoid prison and the limitation of her freedom? To what lengths will she go to hurt even those that have stood by her and believed her BS? Or does she love herself way too much to kill herself?

Casey loves herself too much to top herself.

I think she believes she will be found innocent of any impending charges.

I think she now thinks of herself as a bit of a celebrity.

JMO of course. :)

Kasey might now be considered a suspect, but she is way to confident of not knowing where Caylee is. The way she manipulates men, it is my theory she found herself some young teen guys, who she performed favors for. Told them the house of GA & CA would all be theirs someday, playing that it was her house but they had to get rid of this body. She didn't tell them it was the babies body but an abusive husbands body and all they would have to do is dispose of it. Were there any carnivals in town that week? She can manipulate almost anyone. I just don't think it was one of her normal crew, it was someone new that she picked as an easy target. These players are now afraid of being accomplices or if they travel with a carnival they will pick up their reward when she meets them at an event she is planning for her job (ha ha) and may not even know about this if they don't read the newpapers and are not from thr Orlando area. Just a thought for our #1 suspect.

I've been pondering the possible technical difference between POI and Suspect, and I've decided there probably isn't any. Maybe the Sheriff held this slightly vague interview because he feels the public are in need of some reassurance at this point, and it worked for me. It feels sooo good :clap: Take your time and do it right LE.

I think the main reason they announced she is a suspect is that they are proceeding with charges soon. Really just a formality.

Kasey might now be considered a suspect, but she is way to confident of not knowing where Caylee is. The way she manipulates men, it is my theory she found herself some young teen guys, who she performed favors for. Told them the house of GA & CA would all be theirs someday, playing that it was her house but they had to get rid of this body. She didn't tell them it was the babies body but an abusive husbands body and all they would have to do is dispose of it. Were there any carnivals in town that week? She can manipulate almost anyone. I just don't think it was one of her normal crew, it was someone new that she picked as an easy target. These players are now afraid of being accomplices or if they travel with a carnival they will pick up their reward when she meets them at an event she is planning for her job (ha ha) and may not even know about this if they don't read the newpapers and are not from thr Orlando area. Just a thought for our #1 suspect.

But she let them use her car? Big difference in weight between baby (2 1/2 years old) and full grown man. SHe was busy with 4 other guys--she didn't have time for teenage boys. Nope--this theory doesn't fly with me.

I think the main reason they announced she is a suspect is that they are proceeding with charges soon. Really just a formality.

I agree. What we are seeing is the natural progression of a homicide case. Just sit back, take a few breaths, and wait folks...this is going to be one he!! of a trainwreck very soon, imo. :behindbar

I just watched the video and the reporter asked, so is Casey now a suspect. The Captain didn't say yes. He said with all the evidence yada yada granted she WOULD BE a suspect. So he never said IS a suspect even once. I understand he is insinuating that she is but he didn't say Yes or she IS.
I want Casey to be arrested and tried for this case just like most of us here. I just can't figure out why the Capt. would respond the way he did if in fact her status or title or whatever has been changed to suspect from POI. Was he allowing the media to spin his response or maybe he isn't speaking grammatically correct as suggested above. :confused:

I guess this is something like Clinton saying it depends on what the meaning of "is"... is. When something or someone "would be" I take it to mean YES.
Since the media has run with this new label, I assume they also take it to mean she is now a suspect. And technically there is not a whole lot of difference. If he had answered she was NOT, then I guess we would have something to worry about.

It's about time she is called a 'SUSPECT" officially!!! Now for the arrest and murder charge!!!

yup, "pleading out" just has to do with the attorneys in the case, and what they can negotiate with the other side, not actual guilt or innocence. it's what it would be in their client's best interest to do, and the terms of the sentence. it's all negotiation tactics basically.

Not to mention that if she pled guilty, there would be no need for a trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back