Casey & The Anthonys: The Early Years

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone ever found out if Casey was really a cheerleader or not? One of the guys who came to the forum went to school with her, but he couldn't remember.

Pinky, I"ve been searching all day, and haven't come up with anything yet except sore fingers lol.

I did talk to a friend in Ohio (who happens to be a registered nurse lol). She's going to see what she find on Wednesday, her next day off. She said she can go to the courthouse and also go to the library and see what they have as far as old newspaper archives.

She'll also get on the internet tomorrow morning and see what she can find that's online locally we might be able to hook up to.

Could they really have lived a perfectly quiet and sedate life all these years until now?

Many dysfunctional families live under the radar.

My mother is a borderline (waif/queen variety). My brother was the "all bad" child and I was the family "fixer". He turned to drugs when he could not please her. He eventually suicided. Suicide is considered to be murder turned inward. I escaped. When you grow up in a borderline family there is no "normal". My mother is quite elderly but continues to lie and manipulate. The lies they tell are so obviously untrue and yet to the casual observer they can appear charming and fragile. Poor Caylee. She was born into a toxic and deadly family dynamic. The poster who described the BP family got it exactly right. I am still trying to figure out who I am separate from the BP mother.

Pinky, I"ve been searching all day, and haven't come up with anything yet except sore fingers lol.

I did talk to a friend in Ohio (who happens to be a registered nurse lol). She's going to see what she find on Wednesday, her next day off. She said she can go to the courthouse and also go to the library and see what they have as far as old newspaper archives.

She'll also get on the internet tomorrow morning and see what she can find that's online locally we might be able to hook up to.

Could they really have lived a perfectly quiet and sedate life all these years until now?

In public yes, behind closed doors, unlikely.

Severely dysfunctional people don't let outsiders in and when they do it is very superficial. Criticism can't be tolerated and your kids bonding with other people is threatening.

Think of it this way, if your children had many many secrets about how you behave and treat your family, you couldn't risk them being close to people in a truly intimate way because they might actually find a resource to turn to for help.

If you have the ability to appear normal and a good mother in short time sequences it also limits your childs ability to seek outside help because no one believes them.

Cindy is probably more "visible" than she ever has been.
I doubt Cindy has any friends. She doesn't seem to be close to extended familly members except her elderly parents who she filters information to.
George probably doesn't have close friends or he keeps them as outside friends only and they wouldn't know what was truly going on.
Lee seems to have casual aquaintances.
Casey has lots of fake friends who are finding out they don't know her at all.

In public yes, behind closed doors, unlikely.

Severely dysfunctional people don't let outsiders in and when they do it is very superficial. Criticism can't be tolerated and your kids bonding with other people is threatening.

Think of it this way, if your children had many many secrets about how you behave and treat your family, you couldn't risk them being close to people in a truly intimate way because they might actually find a resource to turn to for help.

If you have the ability to appear normal and a good mother in short time sequences it also limits your childs ability to seek outside help because no one believes them.

Cindy is probably more "visible" than she ever has been.
I doubt Cindy has any friends. She doesn't seem to be close to extended familly members except her elderly parents who she filters information to.
George probably doesn't have close friends or he keeps them as outside friends only and they wouldn't know what was truly going on.
Lee seems to have casual aquaintances.
Casey has lots of fake friends who are finding out they don't know her at all.

Interesting. I hadn't really thought about it from this perspective but it makes sense.

I actually think that there are people who have noticed things about casey and her family when they were younger. I think that they either have not yet come forward, not knowing that their insight may be important, or they have come forward and LE has asked them to keep quiet until trial, or, they are to afraid to come forward, not wanting to be in the limelight like others who have spoken out now are. The info we want would come, I think, from people in casey and Lee's childhoods, like childhood friends, teachers, neighbors. I hope some have come forward and I would love to hear what they have to say. I think it would be interesting in determining how a person like casey came to be and how to lessen the risk of such a horrible thing happening to another family, in the future.

It's interesting...How little information there is. Almost nothing. Have been living in a vacuum? How is it possible that no information has surfaced at all?

I don't think there is much left to find out personally about the A's. KC..yes, but the rest is pretty much all out there and what seems to not be is probably because there is not much left to know.

JMHO.

for 40$ somebody who lives in Orlando could get a 2001,2002,2003, or 2004 yearbook from Colonial High.

for 40$ somebody who lives in Orlando could get a 2001,2002,2003, or 2004 yearbook from Colonial High.

Too bad they aren't available as a webpage!

There's a few for sale on Craig's List but they start at $50. Cheapest to go to Colonial High itself--$40.

The class list can be viewed here, no pics tho:

http://www.colonialhigh.ocps.net/

Click on "Alumni" on the lower left, then click on "2000's". Then click on the class link (2001, 2002, 2003, etc) at the top.

Extra yearbooks for the years of 2001, 2002 and 2003 are available for $40. Also some of the 90’s are available. Contact yearbook advisor, Sharon Christian-Jones for more information. Or call her at 407 482-6300 x 2204.

Woohoo! My first post on Websleuths...and I'm jumpin right in for what it's worth...

I had the bad luck of marrying someone with APD when I was 22...not that I knew it at the time....but I made it through, and if there is a silver lining (besides my fantabulous child), it's that I have had about as close and intimate a look into APD as you can have without actually being APD.

Here's a frightening parallel for you....My APD ex worked for our Sherriff's department here in Ohio for a brief stint, didn't cut it, then after that, worked a string of security jobs. His live-in girlfriend of six years is...you guessed it, a nurse!!!

I have often wondered what made my ex who he is...I have no certain answers, but wondered...He was adopted at birth...what role did that play?? We don't know about any genetic correlation because his adoption was sealed. His father left the family when he was about 5 and his mother raised him after that. Being that his mom was an only child and so was he, he grew up with no brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, etc. His mom has no friends or close long term relationships, so he grew up somewhat isolated in that regard. His mom is not APD, but she's definitely in a category all her own. She is/was extremely dominant, somewhat physically abusive, extremely narcissistic, manipulative, and a liar. I'm not saying this because I dislike her, although I won't exactly be sending her a birthday card anytime soon. It's just the way she is. Certainly, I know that much of the way he handles problems, etc. is from watching her. And whenever he got himself into trouble, she always came to the rescue, always bailed him out. After a while as an adult, he often wouldn't pay his bills, and instead would buy some expensive toy he'd been wanting, then when he got a shut off notice for his gas bill, he'd just go to her crying and she'd pay it. I tried to get her to stop enabling him but it was useless.

I don't think I know nearly enough about G or C to make an assessment as to their personalities, and that's not what I'm implying at all...I do think APD can be a nurture thing, but I also think there must be some sort of genetic predisposition...

BTW, I live in Ohio. The deeds, etc. for the properties they once owned in Ohio are on the Trumbull County Recorders website. Original title deed is under George Anthony and Cindy Plesea (maiden name). If anyone needs help finding Ohio records online, give me a shout...

Too bad they aren't available as a webpage!

There's a few for sale on Craig's List but they start at $50. Cheapest to go to Colonial High itself--$40.

The class list can be viewed here, no pics tho:

http://www.colonialhigh.ocps.net/

Click on "Alumni" on the lower left, then click on "2000's". Then click on the class link (2001, 2002, 2003, etc) at the top.

Extra yearbooks for the years of 2001, 2002 and 2003 are available for $40. Also some of the 90’s are available. Contact yearbook advisor, Sharon Christian-Jones for more information. Or call her at 407 482-6300 x 2204.

Well, on another site (*ahem*) they HAVE the pic of CA from her high school year book. If I try REAL hard I may be able to loacte it!

This may be nothing at all but when I first watched Kc's Home Confinement officer testifying at Baez/KC's motions Hearing the other day, I was immediately struck by the thought juvenile criminal history by the way KC's Home Confinement Officer answered Baez's question, something like are you aware of a prior criminal history, and the Home Confinement Officer kind of hesitated and then hedged and didn't really answer the question like Baez wanted. I think, JMO, that the Home Confinement Officer did know about a prior juvenile crimal history record but was unsure if she should say anything about it, she hesitated and chose to answer about present charges. Just an observation on my part.
Here is the link to the video. Motion Part 1. Got about 19:45 into the video, the Home Confinement Officer starts to testify.
http://www.wftv.com/video/17687549/index.html

Did anyone else know George was maried b4 Cindy or am I just living under a rock over here??

Did anyone else know George was maried b4 Cindy or am I just living under a rock over here??

LOL, under a rock, but if it makes you feel better, it doesn't get talked about much :):blowkiss:

LOL, under a rock, but if it makes you feel better, it doesn't get talked about much :):blowkiss:

DANG! and I thought I found something good:bang: Oh well...back to sleuthing...:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock
Back