Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a variation using both of your theories - feel free to poke holes in it. ;)

I've always thought it was significant that KC ditched the car at Amscot midday on a Friday. We know she doesn't totally plan things out, so maybe she assumed Amscot would be closed Sat & Sun, hoping it would be stolen. (This would have turned the trial inside out, because if it were dumped, there would likely be fingerprints on it from an unknown party. She could have claimed she picked up Caylee from Zani & someone hijacked the car & took the baby. Remember, no one outside of TL knew the car was at Amscot; he was out of town, so she could have told him she picked Caylee up while he was gone.) Still with me?

Anyhow, she took the guys to the airport early Monday and arrived at Amy's house around 9:45 am to buy gas cans. Maybe as a backup plan to torch it somewhere if the car is still there. However, she goes back, sees the car is missing (already towed at about 10:00) and ASSUMES it was stolen. Probably didn't figure it would be towed so quickly. She sits back & waits for LE to find the stolen car & trace it back. Then she can play her kidnapping story, covering the evidence in the trunk, etc.

However, having the car towed/retrieved by her parents threw a monkeywrench into the whole thing.

It's bothered me that how could KC explain having her car & baby stolen for several days without notifying LE??? But hey, she didn't report Caylee missing for 31 days, so she could've spun a variation of her Zani story. The only difference is that there would have been a dumped car somewhere with someone else's fingerprints on it. Leading to a reasonable doubt.

I welcome your comments :)
Excellent theory!:clap::clap::clap:

My theory is that she DID plan to go get the car. She needed that car. The only reason she dumped it was because of the smell.

She was supposed to drive Tone to the airport, no WAY could she do that in her car, and she couldn't just go leave it at the A's since she was hiding from them, so saying it was "broken down" was a way to get him to let her drive him to the airport in his jeep. She then, without his permission, used his jeep the whole week he was gone. She had wheels with no smell.

She did go back to get the car and it was gone. I believe her and Amy went to do that. I would have LOVED to see the look on her face when it was gone. lol

I think that she thought that by leaving it for the weekend, it would air out and by the time she picked it up a few days later it would be okay.

She was then forced to stay at Tone's permanently since she had no car to do anything. I think that car played a big role in her juggling her friends, her lies and escaping her parents, without it, she was stuck.

A thing? I think the thing is she was lying about having a job and had no money for gas, and was stealing the gas, I have not seen one thing that indicates she has a thing for fire or anything like that.

She left her purse in the car, she was going to say she was carjacked and the child was stolen, but Cindy getting ahold of Aimee thwarted all that.jmo

You're right, there is no evidence that KC had a thing for fire, though I never claimed she did. It was more a thing for getting rid of evidence with KC. And if KC were intending to torch the car it would make more sense for her to have done this with the body still in it, IMO.

I do think KC intended to retrieve the car, though, which may be why she wanted Amy to take her to buy gas cans. After all, there's no need for gas cans if you no longer have a car.

All good theories and all make sense, depending on which stories are believable. I can't help wondering , though, how much of what was in the car was actually in the car and how much was either put in there or removed by CA. During the trial, mention is often made of what wasn't found in the trunk, overlooking almost, that the car was thoroughly cleaned out when it was brought back to the A's house. If CA used Clorox on the doll, what else did she put Clorox on and is it possible that all the chemicals used to expel the odor is what gave off the high concentration of chloroform? Also, was the blanket that was in the car also the one found with the body? I don't see how that could be possible since it would have been noted in the original investigation.
So many questions and still so much confusion, like, whatever happened to the clothes that GA said he saw Caylee last wearing? Is there a bag of clothes somewhere that still have not been found?
At any rate, I still believe KC had no intention of going back for the car. When TL asked her why she just didn't put gas in it, she said it was broken down too and her dad would come and get it to fix it. That sounds to me like she was laying the groundwork for leaving the car and the past behind her and moving on into her new fantasy life as TL's partner.

I think the oporative word here is intend... and that is a guess at best.

I guess that she abandoned the car due to the smell. I also guess that eventually she would have to claim it. She did not know what to do,
IMHO GA guided her all the way.

The things that upset me the most about this car is the smell was strong and should have been reported to the police before GA came to get it,
ALSO - why when released to GA did LE not confiscate it immediately? The evidence would have been there befor the Anthony's cleaned it.
LE "F"d up big time.

The things that upset me the most about this car is the smell was strong and should have been reported to the police before GA came to get it,
ALSO - why when released to GA did LE not confiscate it immediately? The evidence would have been there befor the Anthony's cleaned it.
LE "F"d up big time.

LE hadn't been called yet. GA brought the car home, went to work, CA tried to call KC, cleaned the car, found Amy who took her to KC and THEN LE was called.

I'm totally not happy with CA cleaning the car before LE was called. Appears like cover-up for their DD, IMHO

I think the oporative word here is intend... and that is a guess at best.

I guess that she abandoned the car due to the smell. I also guess that eventually she would have to claim it. She did not know what to do,
IMHO GA guided her all the way.

LE "F"d up big time.

The Tow Company guy, stated on the stand in court, he knew that the smell was decomp. He has towed cars that people have died in for the LE. It chaps my behind....HE KNEW! HE SHOULD HAVE ALERTED THE COPS THE NANO SECOND HE GOT A WHIF OF THE SMELL DECOMP...but he didn't. Instead he notified the Anthony's it was at his tow yard. Even GA and CA said it smelled like a dead body was in the car...but still CA went looking for KC FIRST and GA started the cleaning it up. Three rational adults, two with experience in the smell of decomp and NONE of them thought to call the cops... UNBELIEVABLE!

The Tow Company guy, stated on the stand in court, he knew that the smell was decomp. He has towed cars that people have died in for the LE. It chaps my behind....HE KNEW! HE SHOULD HAVE ALERTED THE COPS THE NANO SECOND HE GOT A WHIF OF THE SMELL DECOMP...but he didn't. Instead he notified the Anthony's it was at his tow yard. Even GA and CA said it smelled like a dead body was in the car...but still CA went looking for KC FIRST and GA started the cleaning it up. Three rational adults, two with experience in the smell of decomp and NONE of them thought to call the cops... UNBELIEVABLE!

I know, isn't there some way they can be held accountable for not reporting what they KNEW was a scene of a crime?

LE hadn't been called yet. GA brought the car home, went to work, CA tried to call KC, cleaned the car, found Amy who took her to KC and THEN LE was called.

I'm totally not happy with CA cleaning the car before LE was called. Appears like cover-up for their DD, IMHO

I did not say LE had been called - I said WHY had LE not been called?
Also the car laid around the Anthony house a couple of days before LE took it.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

LE "F"d up. and so did the garage where her car was sitting smelling up the lot.

SORRY but I think KC is walking.
That is what GA made sure would happen.

Mark Nejame :She was stealin', boozin', screwin', and tattooin' " during the 31 days before Caylee was reported missing.

So, the state proved the boozin', screwin' and tatooin'....did stealin' ever come in?

OT Im sorry.

Are you figuring that GA made every effort to conceal and cover up a murder? Or an accident?
I AM FIGURING THAT LE Dad knew exactly what to do and say from the start and cleand up the mess.
I have said this from the begining.
BUT...as we know GA knows that proving anything is most of the battle.

If you watchd him from the start when the car was taken. I did not believe one sound out of his mouth.
I never changed my opinion.

Mark Nejame :She was stealin', boozin', screwin', and tattooin' " during the 31 days before Caylee was reported missing.

So, the state proved the boozin', screwin' and tatooin'....did stealin' ever come in?

Not allowed in, Merry1. I'm sure the state would have loved to have added it to their arsenal, but nope, they couldn't.

I AM FIGURING THAT LE Dad knew exactly what to do and say from the start and cleand up the mess.

If you watchd him from the start when the car was taken. I did not believe one sound out of his mouth.

I'm confused, then......do you think GA would let Casey sit in jail for three years knowing all too well that his statements to LE would come in (meaning the decomp statements and the statement about him praying to God that this was not his Casey or Caylee when he smelled the decomp), not to mention the fact that him being in LE, knows that if it were an accident, he would know Casey would stand a far better chance of getting off than she is now going through all of this? Just needing to understand your point of view. And how do you think Caylee died and who was with her at the time?
TIA!

That's a good one - KC: Worst criminal in history. I just can't understand her...for me you would have to have a below average IQ to go on and party with your boyfriend until your mother finally tracks you down. What the heck was she thinking?
I agree. And everyone knows that if you abandon a car in a public parking area, most likely, it is going to be towed, and it will be traced to its owner. To leave a car smelling like decomposition, to get towed, was incredibly stupid.

This makes the most sense to me, out everything I've read about the car. I never understood why she left her purse in it, with her ID inside. Did she have another ID? She wasn't able to view the apartment with Tony because she didn't have one, but somehow she was able to write three checks?!? Do they just not ask for a DL anymore? I also thought the initial questioning statement said she presented a DL to the police. I also found it weird that GA brought gas with him to the impound lot... I can't remember, did they speak to Casey prior to picking up the car?

I think GA was going from experience----picking a car up that has been abandoned, chances are it's out of gas which is why it was left and towed. Also Casey said her gas gauge was broken and IF that was the truth, GA probably remembered that.

Songline,

I'm confused. Do you believe that George Anthony covered up this murder?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indiana_intrigue
Back