Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

I think the oporative word here is intend... and that is a guess at best.

I guess that she abandoned the car due to the smell. I also guess that eventually she would have to claim it. She did not know what to do,
IMHO GA guided her all the way.

The things that upset me the most about this car is the smell was strong and should have been reported to the police before GA came to get it,
ALSO - why when released to GA did LE not confiscate it immediately? The evidence would have been there befor the Anthony's cleaned it.
LE "F"d up big time.

LE didn't fudge up. ICA is NOT walking!! I believe in our Jurors who will see through the Defenses lies and ICA's lies and Justice will be served for Caylee! AMEN!

Songline,

I'm confused. Do you believe that George Anthony covered up this murder?
I am wondering the very same thing. I do think there is something VERY suspicious about a man who works in LE for years, who smells decomposition in a car his daughter has ditched, and has a grand daughter missing, after a family fight in which Casey fled with her daughter - and then, who does nothing.

I am wondering the very same thing. I do think there is something VERY suspicious about a man who works in LE for years, who smells decomposition in a car his daughter has ditched, and has a grand daughter missing, after a family fight in which Casey fled with her daughter - and then, who does nothing.

I would suggest you brush up on this case. You obviously do not have the full story.

I think you have to remember that, although GA hadn't seen or spoken to Caylee in a month, CA had been in constant communication with KC. It's highly possible that GA was so relieved to see there was no dead body in the trunk, he dismissed the smell as his mind playing tricks on him in his fear of the unknown. It wasn't until later, when he learned that Caylee was "missing" that he realized he could have been right. Also, GA seemed to not know anything about the alleged fight on the 15th. That didn't come out until later as well, IIRC.

I think you have to remember that, although GA hadn't seen or spoken to Caylee in a month, CA had been in constant communication with KC. It's highly possible that GA was so relieved to see there was no dead body in the trunk, he dismissed the smell as his mind playing tricks on him in his fear of the unknown. It wasn't until later, when he learned that Caylee was "missing" that he realized he could have been right. Also, GA seemed to not know anything about the alleged fight on the 15th. That didn't come out until later as well, IIRC.
Thanks for your kind clarification! Most appreciated! :)

You are entitled to your own opinion. Thank goodness you are not on the jury
Thank you. I will let that last sentence go. GA did tell police that "it is a smell you never forget" and I think it is strange in the extreme that he would not call on it. Likely some on the jury may, as well.

Hopefully, the jury can keep the timeline straight. When GA was talking to police, it was after he was made aware that a crime of kidnapping had occurred. At that juncture, he was in "LE mode". At the time he retrieved the car, he was in "Dad-E mode".

Thank you. I will let that last sentence go. GA did tell police that "it is a smell you never forget" and I think it is strange in the extreme that he would not call on it. Likely some on the jury may, as well.

No, because at that time GA didn't know Caylee was missing. GA said to the tow yard guy that he was scared it was Casey or Caylee in the trunk and was relieved the trunk was empty. George thought Caylee was with ICA at this time. I thought you knew the whole story?

Hopefully, the jury can keep the timeline straight. When GA was talking to police, it was after he was made aware that a crime of kidnapping had occurred. At that juncture, he was in "LE mode". At the time he retrieved the car, he was in "Dad-E mode".
This is a good clarification. I had not thought of it quite that way. Really helpful. Thanks.

No, because at that time GA didn't know Caylee was missing. GA said to the tow yard guy that he was scared it was Casey or Caylee in the trunk and was relieved the trunk was empty. George thought Caylee was with ICA at this time. I thought you knew the whole story?
I do. But the smell of death might still be something to take very seriously. I fail to see where this is an irrational question. I think SCWildneart once more just enlightened me. I really appreciate the patience of people like SCWildneart who will gently point out something one might have missed, without being demeaning in any way. That sort of behavior gives Websleuths a reputation of having gracious and civil posters, and I am duly appreciative of them! :) Yes, I think the jury will be able to keep the timeline right in front of them.....

I AM FIGURING THAT LE Dad knew exactly what to do and say from the start and cleand up the mess. I have said this from the begining.
BUT...as we know GA knows that proving anything is most of the battle.

If you watchd him from the start when the car was taken. I did not believe one sound out of his mouth.
I never changed my opinion.

But at the same time, stood by during the last three years and allowed his daughter to stand trial for first degree murder with a possible death penalty???

Sounds like a pretty costly gamble if you ask me....

I do. But the smell of death might still be something to take very seriously. I fail to see where this is an irrational question. I think SCWildneart once more just enlightened me. I really appreciate the patience of people like SCWildneart who will gently point out something one might have missed, without being demeaning in any way. That sort of behavior gives Websleuths a reputation of having gracious and civil posters, and I am duly appreciative of them! :) Yes, I think the jury will be able to keep the timeline right in front of them.....

:rocker::rocker:

A good point is made about what the jury thinks. This is an incredibly complex case and we have the advantage of reading LE interviews, depositions, emails, etc.

1st off, remember CA is a nurse & testified to viewing corpses in nursing school. If that is a "smell you never forget", it should apply to her as well.

After retrieving the car, CA sent GA to work (IIRC, he'd been working at a new job for only a week or so) and that CA "would take care of it". This seems to be a common theme - CA wore the pants, and GA was 'whipped. Since they offered work time cards as evidence today (yesterday?) I'd guess that was covered.

In any event, CA admitted she Febreezed/Cloroxed the car. I believe it was deliberate. Hear me out. She had to have been in contact (probably text) with KC between hearing of the towed car and picking it up. Why? If she hadn't, I can't believe she would destroy evidence if KC & Caylee were BOTH missing and she was in possession of a car that "smelled like something died". IMHO, CA automatically went into protect KC mode.

OTOH, if CA DID merely think it smelled like "rotten pizza"...don't know about you, but MY mother (RIP) would have torn me a new one for getting my car towed & waited for ME clean up the car.

A good point is made about what the jury thinks. This is an incredibly complex case and we have the advantage of reading LE interviews, depositions, emails, etc.

1st off, remember CA is a nurse & testified to viewing corpses in nursing school. If that is a "smell you never forget", it should apply to her as well.

After retrieving the car, CA sent GA to work (IIRC, he'd been working at a new job for only a week or so) and that CA "would take care of it". This seems to be a common theme - CA wore the pants, and GA was 'whipped. Since they offered work time cards as evidence today (yesterday?) I'd guess that was covered.

In any event, CA admitted she Febreezed/Cloroxed the car. I believe it was deliberate. Hear me out. She had to have been in contact (probably text) with KC between hearing of the towed car and picking it up. Why? If she hadn't, I can't believe she would destroy evidence if KC & Caylee were BOTH missing and she was in possession of a car that "smelled like something died". IMHO, CA automatically went into protect KC mode.

OTOH, if CA DID merely think it smelled like "rotten pizza"...don't know about you, but MY mother (RIP) would have torn me a new one for getting my car towed & waited for ME clean up the car.
Very good points. I think many people have the feeling of simultaneously holding strong sympathy for both Cindy and George, and yet questioning some of the dubious behavior. Yes, it is true, Cindy even wiped down the doll. And yes, if it were truly believed to be pizza, why not angrily force Casey to clean it up? Indeed. Cindy loved Caylee, was anxious and severely worried, and yet her behavior does indicate some cover up for Casey. As you note, perhaps even to a more extreme degree than George's. Great post, thank you.

Very good points. I think many people have the feeling of simultaneously holding strong sympathy for both Cindy and George, and yet questioning some of the dubious behavior. Yes, it is true, Cindy even wiped down the doll. And yes, if it were truly believed to be pizza, why not angrily force Casey to clean it up? Indeed. Cindy loved Caylee, was anxious and severely worried, and yet her behavior does indicate some cover up for Casey. As you note, perhaps even to a more extreme degree than George's. Great post, thank you.

Casey was not there and hadn't been seen in weeks at the time that Cindy cleaned the items from the car. Remember, G and C had just picked up the car and paid the bill at the tow yard. The car reeked in the garage, I imagine Cindy was filled with the energy that comes from being angry and the need to do something to keep busy, as insignificant as it may have seemed at the time.

Casey was not there and hadn't been seen in weeks at the time that Cindy cleaned the items from the car. Remember, G and C had just picked up the car and paid the bill at the tow yard. The car reeked in the garage, I imagine Cindy was filled with the energy that comes from being angry and the need to do something to keep busy, as insignificant as it may have seemed at the time.
Yes, that is certainly one way to look at it. I suppose it is easy enough to be suspicious of them in retrospect. I cannot imagine how I would feel if a car belonging to my son smelled like a dead body, and a child was "missing", but not formally missing or reported. Denial would likely kick in. Although on some level, there must be SOME suspicion.... I admit I have wavered between 1. having total sympathy for CA and GA, and feeling they were innocent dupes of their daughter, and 2. sometimes feeling annoyed at their denial, ( or even suspicious of their near attempts at cover-up). I would not like to be in their shoes, and judged by millions of strangers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back