Casey's Confinement, Mail; Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat on our local prison board. It certainly was a shocker to me, however it is true in most jails and state prisons. Going commando would be against policy. I know I never even gave it a thought however think about it they have 1300 or 1500 inmates on any given day. Do you think they get their own valet service for laundry? All laundry is put together and washed by inmates and distributed with a like exchange (meaning if they give a bra back they get a bra, or what ever particular piece) and only 2 or 3 times a week.
Imagine no INTERNET!! Geez... that would do me in right there.
All mail is read in & out except attorney and if Baez were caught filtering mail to her family he would be disbarred and arrested. I think that is why they were back tracking a couple of months ago about the letter Casey was supposed to give to Baez...it should have never been said.
She may not receive books or mags from anyone and all mail she does get probably must go thru USPS only (meaning no FedEx, UPS)
I about died just touring the facility...just hearing those doors slam behind is unnerving to say the least.

(I'm so behind on this thread!) I think the most difficult things for me to get used to were lights out even if you are not tired and the constant buzz of the facility 24/7. And no smoking- that's the hardest thing to adjust to IMO.

Unfortunately she didn't learn. She laughed after she was released because even though she had to pay restitution, in payments no less, she then told us that she had actually embezzled double of what she was charged with. She still is up to her tricks and cons and manipulates everyone she comes into contact with. Can't hold a job for any length of time because once people figure out her schemes they drop her. My grandkids are the ones suffering at her hand and because no one has yet proved child abuse, they are still with her. She stopped talking to us when we finally stopped enabling and making excuses for her. We will not give her any money or allow her to live with us because of the drama she creates for everyone around her. She is 35 and continues to do her thing without regard for anyone else. I see so much similarities between KC and her, with the exception that my daughter hasn't committed murder.

KC, like my daughter, will adapt to confinement. At least my daughter had a release date. Hopefully KC won't.

*hugs* I'm sorry for what your daughter puts you through!

In jail she won't have:

cell phone
computer
car
feminine clothes
makeup
sunglasses
"friends" (to steal from"
sex
beer
shopping
partying
camera/photography
freedom

I suppose the human spirit is rather resilient and I don't doubt some people do "adjust" but I think she is going to "care" plenty about all she is losing. JMO.

As far as I know she can have make up when she has money on her account to buy it with.. unless Florida has different rules but I don't think they do.

Can felons be lawyers?

If she becomes a jailhouse lawyer, she could get all KINDS of popularity and favors.

Doubt it. I was thinking about nursing school but found they do a background check when you send in your application. No felons allowed. Hell I can't even vote.. I sure can't imagine them letting a felon be a lawyer LOL.

I've been told that you have to buy the flip-flops to wear in the shower, or go in barefoot. They give you nothing, you have to buy it, or maybe do favors to get it. just saying. How much you want for that freeze pop?

Eww, yeah, "shower shoes". Most of the time ya still end up with athletes foot anyway.

*hugs* I'm sorry for what your daughter puts you through!
Thank you. I have read your posts and am so glad you are doing well and strong.

As a mom who has a child who manipulates everyone around her, it took me and our family years to understand we were not responsible for her actions. The shame, quilt and anguish of years of abuse from her took its toll on everyone. I finally found the strength to stop the toxic relationship by ending it. It still hurts knowing what could have been, will never be. At least any time soon. I refuse to enable her behavior and allow that behavior from anyone to affect me again. I will always love her but I cannot and will not be party to the drama she lives in, by her choice.

I wish the A's could see past their hurt to realize the damage KC created, although I feel CA created most of it and KC is but a part of her environment of daily life with CA. Years of therapy may never even crack the drama they created. So sad.

Maybe she had some pocket money for the coke machine at JB's office. That's the only possible explanation because otherwise she was on home confinement.

/channeling Chilly. how am i doing? :dance:

hahha. You did good!

I don't care one way or the other what Casey is getting in jail as far as money to buy things, food, or lounging around. Because we all have something she will never have again!... FREEDOM!

Thank you. I have read your posts and am so glad you are doing well and strong.

As a mom who has a child who manipulates everyone around her, it took me and our family years to understand we were not responsible for her actions. The shame, quilt and anguish of years of abuse from her took its toll on everyone. I finally found the strength to stop the toxic relationship by ending it. It still hurts knowing what could have been, will never be. At least any time soon. I refuse to enable her behavior and allow that behavior from anyone to affect me again. I will always love her but I cannot and will not be party to the drama she lives in, by her choice.

I wish the A's could see past their hurt to realize the damage KC created, although I feel CA created most of it and KC is but a part of her environment of daily life with CA. Years of therapy may never even crack the drama they created. So sad.

You are very strong and brave and IMO you are doing the right thing... the best thing for your daughter! Like addicts, we too must hit a "bottom" before we are even willing to change our behaviors. There is no bottom when mommy and daddy come to our rescue every time we screw up!

What you are doing for your daughter shows just how much you love her. I'm glad that you realize her behaviors are not your fault. I hope someday she is willing to change. :blowkiss:

I don't care one way or the other what Casey is getting in jail as far as money to buy things, food, or lounging around. Because we all have something she will never have again!... FREEDOM!

not to mention souls :)

In Florida, a past felony conviction usually means loss of civil rights, including the right to vote, even after completion of all the terms and conditions of the sentence. Loss of civil rights takes away not only the right to vote, but also the right to hold public office, serve on a jury, and hold certain types of state occupational licenses.

An ex-felon's civil rights are taken away permanently until and unless he or she successfully completes a lengthy clemency application process and is granted restoration of civil rights by the Governor and the Board of Executive Clemency. The information below will help you know whether you have lost your rights, and if so, how you can apply to get them back.

http://www.aclufl.org/issues/voting_rights/applying_for_rights_restoration.cfm

There are ways to get civil rights restored.

Ya know, I accept my punishment... I did wrong, I'm honestly cool with accepting my own bullsh!t. I wasn't complaining in my post, I agree with it, actually. break laws, loose rights, period!
:)

In Florida, a past felony conviction usually means loss of civil rights, including the right to vote, even after completion of all the terms and conditions of the sentence. Loss of civil rights takes away not only the right to vote, but also the right to hold public office, serve on a jury, and hold certain types of state occupational licenses.

An ex-felon's civil rights are taken away permanently until and unless he or she successfully completes a lengthy clemency application process and is granted restoration of civil rights by the Governor and the Board of Executive Clemency. The information below will help you know whether you have lost your rights, and if so, how you can apply to get them back.

http://www.aclufl.org/issues/voting_rights/applying_for_rights_restoration.cfm

Thank you for the information, it was nice of you to go out of your way for me :):blowkiss:

Thank you for the information, it was nice of you to go out of your way for me :):blowkiss:
There is a time for arrest, trials, sentencing, punishment. When the debt to society has been paid and the recovery and rehabilitation has been done, there is a time for redemption and restoration. :blowkiss:

You are very strong and brave and IMO you are doing the right thing... the best thing for your daughter! Like addicts, we too must hit a "bottom" before we are even willing to change our behaviors. There is no bottom when mommy and daddy come to our rescue every time we screw up!

What you are doing for your daughter shows just how much you love her. I'm glad that you realize her behaviors are not your fault. I hope someday she is willing to change. :blowkiss:

Again thank you, but I think you are the one who is very strong and brave. Hugs back atcha.

This is the second time KC left her purse behind.
What was it CA said a woman never leaves.................

hahah.

(I'm talking to myself here- these posts where made hours ago, huh?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski