Casey's credit card spending spree REVISITED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
on the report that JWG provided, on one of the pages it say's user name "Bobby".....has this been discussed? thanks ....a little OT but didn't know where to ask....:)

Perhaps $4500.00 would be closer to an accurate figure. This is purely assumption on my part but, the Anthony's don't appear to be in a financial category to have $45,000+ credit line extended to them on a credit card.

Also, if these purchases were made within one billing cycle....seems as though the credit card company would have notified Mrs. Anthony that charges were being made with her card that might be suspicious.

Although I find it annoying sometimes......my credit card company will put a "freeze" on my card and contact me immediately if there is any activity that looks suspect to them.

Rick said it was about $45K, and CA had to go into her 401K to cover.

BUT, Rick said he got that figure from their Mom, Shirley, and SHE got it from CA. Who lies and exaggerates.

It wouldn't have all been "stuff," Casey could run up a pretty big tab if she was out having dinner and cocktails with friends, or lunch and cocktails, etc.

Maybe gifts for bfs? "Loans" to bfs?

And also there's a possibility (albeit slim) that an employee(s) at some of the places she was shopping might remember if she did or did not have Caylee with her.

Most places have security cameras.

Thanks for the link. I wondered whatever happened to Cindy's claim that Casey has stolen a lot of money and why she dropped those claims, or charges and switched into "she's my best friend" mode for the initial bond hearing.
Didn't she also claim on Larry King that she said whatever she felt she had to say to get LE to respond?
Eeew. It is always so disorienting, this strange effect these people generate.

Listening to ANY of he As could give one whiplash!

Not officially, but Cindy did have to go into her 401K to pay the debt off. So I'm leaning more towards the higher 35,000 - 45,000 range than the lower 4,500 range. I mean that isn't a balance that most people would dip into the 401K for because of the tax bite for early removal. Most would just carry the balance of 4,500 and pay it off over several months.

Yeah, Rick and Shirley said it was the higher figure.

WTH did she spend all that money on??? It is hard not to believe CA wasn't involved in a drug habit.

No physiological evidence of drug habit (detox, treatment in jail, withdrawal while incarcerated). She prolly just dabbled at parties, and with bfs.

Maybe she was purchasing stuff to make drugs with. Meth labs use pretty simple stuff from what I have read but some of the designer drugs are more complicated. Chemistry was not my strong suit way back when so I don't have a real good handle on what it takes to set up some of these labs. That may be another reason that LE was looking for Chlorform in the trunk of the car. Maybae using Cindy's credit card along with her RN license was enough to make purchases of lab type supplies that would raise red flags if the stuff was just purchased by Jane Q. Public. Have nothing to base this own just a thought with the new information about the trunk.

She didn't have a lab, or paraphernalia.

Some people are addicted to shopping as stupid as that sounds. I actually don't think she was on meth or anything and she surely wasn't making drug money. If she was doing meth you'd know it. She'd look a lot worse than she already does

Maybe Cindy brought some chloroform home for the hospital....gotta wait to see what else they LE release on this I suppose

Hospitals don't use chloroform, anymore. It's no longer approved for medical use. And, nurses may not carry drugs home.

BUT-- I think you nailed KC's addiction-- shopping!

Taking the $$ out of her 401k, is that in an interview (400 pages of docs), or did Cindy just say that when she was on camera? If Cindy just said that to a reporter, I don't believe it.

IIRC, that was in Shirley Plesea's interview.

It wouldn't have all been "stuff," Casey could run up a pretty big tab if she was out having dinner and cocktails with friends, or lunch and cocktails, etc.

Perhaps there were some cash advances and perhaps she got cc's using CA's info! After all, she did forge that deposit slip and used GP's routing numbers to get money. KC's not all that bright but she is sly like a fox!:mad:

I read the interview and I don't think that SP meant that Casey spent all that money. IMHO, it's possible that the amount refers to the total of what Cindy removed from her 401K to pay off bills and credit cards and the such for both George and Casey. SP did mention George had opened a credit card in Cindy's name and possibly Casey had done the same.

Then, there's the maybe 29% interest.

I guess LE would have subpoened those credit card statements from Cindy, JC Penney, Sears, etc...She tried to tell Yuri, during one of the interviews, that there was nothing on the statements and that was why he didn't need to have them. Like it's up to her to decide if it would be useful information or not. I also remember her saying there was only a JC Penney card that Casey had access to, then later it came out (from who I can't remember) that there was a Sears credit card too. $45,000 is a LOT of money, I find it hard to believe that even Casey could get away with stealing that much money, maybe it was George and Casey combined ?

Well, she DID manage to kite checks, w/ her grandparents' accounts. And, she kited checks into Amy's.

We know that GA had a judgment against him in Aug 2007 for $12642.54 from Citi Bank. Was that a cc? If it was, is it possible that KC had that card too and that could be part of the money GMA's talking about?

Yep! The nut doesn't fall far from the nut tree.

CA sure can pick 'em! I'd throw BOTH their butts out of MY house.

I find it just astounding that Casey's phone bills were so big. Of course the July 15, 2008 amount is what Casey tried to pay with AH's checking account.

I wonder why Casey didn't just sign up for some cell phone unlimited calling and texting plan?

Because she's lazy, and because she doesn't care.

Kids who aren't mature at KC's age, who don't have financial responsibilities, don't think period of the consequences of their actions. KC is certainly not alone in that respect. She didn't have viable employment other than to be like many others who think they are "owned" by everyone and the system. Stealing was her employment.

Entitlement. Plain and simple. The huge, cell phone bills were but an example. Stealing and using others money to pay for her life style.

As for the cc bills, I believe the total amount of +/- 45K was a collaboration of all the A clan charging on the cc's. CA certainly spent more than she could afford monthly on material items for Caylee. No doubt there were many, many arguments over the prior years of everyone's spending habits in the A clan. CA knew what was being charged, yet she did nothing to stop it. She didn't put any type of red flags on her credit reports, she didn't remove any authorized users from her accounts. Nada, zip. She continue to let the balances and interest rack up. She did at one point get either a HELOC or refinanced the house. But she didn't change her or the A clan's spending habits. They continued to simply "charge it". Heck, she didn't even both to get a cell phone family plan.

I am not sure if it was rumor or fact, but I have read here that she was even considering filing for bankruptcy. CA/GA/LA/KC used and continue to use and abuse the system in one form or manner.

CA knowingly and willingly let everyone else "steal" from her. But when it came to family stealing from her parents, that my fellow WS's is when the straw broke the camel's back for her. That was, in my opinion, the incident that created the calculated murder of Caylee by the A clan.

I have not one ounce of sympathy for the lot of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back