Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE should have released the whole diary. We need to know if Caylee is mentioned anywhere in the diary. If she is, then we know that 2003 has nothing to do with the diary because Caylee wasn't born then.

*resp. snipped
maybe she was given a diary/journal/notebook in '03, dated it '03 and left it lying at the bottom of a closet or on a shelf somewhere and forgot about it .... until '08.

when i was a kid i did the same thing. it would also explain the 11yr old writing and spelling on the first page (well, back of the book cover really)

several things.

the number 1 thing that stood out to me, or that I noticed when I saw the first pic on wesh was that it looked as if previous pages had been ripped out. I always did that with the diaries that I kept. I would write in one, forget about it, and when I wanted to go back I would rip the previous entries out and start over.

Another thing, if this was written in 2003, these definitely do NOT sound like the thoughts of someone entering their sr. year of high school. KC is only about 11 months older than I am and should have graduated in 04. That would put her at the summer before her sr. year. What stuck out to me the most was the whole end justifying the means part. I can't think of anything that you would go through during the summer before your sr. year of high school that is just so big like that.
ALTHOUGH, I did read someone mention that maybe she had gotten pregnant in 03 and had an abortion, and then I could see a journal entry of that sort. Although I would find it a little disturbing that she would just be so HAPPY about it. But whatever, jmo

I think you are right to put emphasis on her age. It might not seem that someone going into their senior year might have any real issues to write about like that, but teenagers MAKE issues out of small things. When I was reading it, I thought it sounded more like a boyfriend type thing. I didn't think it was about Caylee. JMO.

I will finish catching up on this thread, but wanted to chime in. If you have ever bought a new hardcover book or a journal type book, a lot of time when you open the book wide, the glue that has been used will have adhered to part of one of the first pages and it looks exactly like the spine on these two pages. I don't think pages were ripped out, I think there was a little too much glue used and it it stuck to the page until the book was opened wide and flat, as if to write on it.

I think the diary was written in '03. to have used the exact same ink color 5 years apart is pushing the limits of coincidence. It is possible that the crime tech took the pictures BEFORE they realized or saw the '03 up in the corner. Or they may have had a completely different reason for photographing it. However, I am going to side with the '03'ers on this one. As much as I would love it to be recent, because it would be such a wonderful exhibit for the Prosecution, sadly, I think it was written in 03.

Well, let's just think about the date of the adjoining journal page which reflects '03.

What could have been going on in KC's life that by June 21, 2003, 5 YEARS before Caylee went missing that would provoke this entry? Caylee wasn't born until 2 years after this entry and well before KC became pregnant in November 2004.

June '03 would have been right after her junior year in HS. What decisoin did she make at that time that she was sure was the right one, that made her the happiest she had ever been in her life, who were her new friends at this time, why did her decision worry her a bit? Find something that fits and maybe I will not believe it was written post-murder of Caylee.

Well, the most obvious answer to your questions would be - she decided to sleep with one of her new friends and lost her virginity. Everything she wrote on that page could very well be about losing her virginity to which ever of her new friends she was crazy about.

I think you are right to put emphasis on her age. It might not seem that someone going into their senior year might have any real issues to write about like that, but teenagers MAKE issues out of small things. When I was reading it, I thought it sounded more like a boyfriend type thing. I didn't think it was about Caylee. JMO.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. When I was her age I was busy writing long drawn out things in my journals about things that I look back on aren't really that big of a deal, but at the time I made it seem like my world was crashin down around me. I just don't know where I would have used the whole "ends justifying the means"

If nothing else, this entry is just a really, really eerie coincidence.

JVM is on HLN right now dissecting the diary entry and whether it was written in 03 or 08.

When you look more carefully at it, it is possible the paper in the diary was manufactured after 2003.
Also a professional, Paul Callen is talking about ink and how it is a federal law that ink manufacturers must chemically date their ink so that people can't back date receipts, or taxes.

JVM is on HLN right now dissecting the diary entry and whether it was written in 03 or 08.

When you look more carefully at it, it is possible the paper in the diary was manufactured after 2003.
Also a professional, Paul Callen is talking about ink and how it is a federal law that ink manufacturers must chemically date their ink so that people can't back date receipts, or taxes.

Secret Service has the largest ink "library" and examines documents for just this type of situation. It would be interesting to find out if the document has been sent to them for forensics examination. If not, here's a hope that one of the case detectives will do so soon. :)

What frustrates me is that the SA's office knows all the answers to all these questions, we can speculate till the cows come home. I wish we knew what this diary entry means and do they know was it in 2008 or 2003? :confused:

Just a few more thoughts (my prior post focused on how it makes sense that the diary entry would have been written in 2008).

The entry says it is June 21. Seems like the very day that Casey would have finally breathed a huge sigh of relief. Just a few days before (June 18), she had borrowed a shovel from her neighbor and backed the car up into the garage. She probably buried Casey on the 18th. Phew! That’s a big thing over with! So now we’re at June 21 and so far, so good! Nobody knocking at the door and looks like nobody saw her ditch Caylee. It’s three days later and it looks like the coast is clear. June 21 - Casey is hanging out at a club, photographed with a bunch of new friends, smiling and looking pretty in her royal blue dress. She probably wrote that entry when she got home and was tucked in her bed after a great night out. Of course, she probably became alarmed the next day or the next about the smell of poor Caylee’s body remaining in Casey’s car and growing worse. Didn’t count on that! By the 27th, she finally ditched the car not knowing what to do with it at that point. I wonder what the diary entries (if any) look like between June 18 and 27th.

BTW – this bit about hoping that the “end justified the means” probably reflects Casey’s BS excuse for killing Caylee – the “end” being getting Caylee away from Cindy and George who might get custody (those “evil” people according to Casey) and “the means” being murder. I wonder if Casey (however lazily) inquired about a private adoption plan. She might have asked around and found out that if she tried to privately place Casey with a third party, Cindy and George might have asserted grandparental rights since they all lived in the house together and Cindy and George had helped care for Casey. Not saying that would have prevented Casey from placing Casey with a third party; just that it would have complicated things and surely Cindy and George would have tried to prevent it. (Not that Casey bothered to actually inquire about adoption, though it saddens me she didn’t. Everyone on here would have gladly taken in this dear child).

I wonder what the handwriting experts will say about the filled in circles topping some of the letters of words in her statement on the left-hand page. I know that when someone embellishes their writing with certain flourishes, it can indicate immaturity. These "bullets" appear almost like nail heads to me--as if the writer wants to securely tack that statement onto the page as a major statement.

I agree with the immaturity statement. We know she sat around writing Casey Lazzaro repeatedly at one time as well. She'd just started seeing him and already had visions of grandeur.

My daughter has a 15 year old friend who is doing the same thing right now.

Thank you!
So what do home inspectors do? it appears that "RS" the name on there is one, I googled his name and phone number.

He's a home inspector for sure. I don't know what Casey's business would be with him-- perhaps an appraisal for the house?? Since Cindy was going to "give it to Casey" ??

Home inspectors (if they are the same in FL as they are in NY) are usually called in when someone is thinking of buying a house. The inspector comes and checks out the place to make sure there are no electrical problems, foundation is solid, oil tank isn't buried under ground, etc.

Now, can someone fill me in real quick and tell me why we are talking about a home inspector?

LOL I just got on the board now and haven't had a chance to catch up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413