Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I see your point, so then again, I ask, why would it turn up in these particular doc dumps if it was nothing? (also, did she carry this diary with her in her bag, or just write in it when she was in her room at home?)

Because if you commit a crime and if you have anything in your possession that makes you appear guilty the police will use it. They gamble that the jury will be fed so much info that they will not have the time to deduce using the ping records to determine that this may be a unlikely piece of evidence especially since there is a date of '03 on the other page.

We have had a lot of time to go over this data and it makes our heads spin. What will happen to a jury is INFORMATION OVERLOAD and it will be easy for the police to convince a jury that this is a real deal. That's okay. They have a EVIL person they are trying to put away and they have no reason to place nice.

It will be Baez's job to make the jury doubt this piece of evidence.

We must have ink analysis and dating to PROVE this is written during the timeframe of the crime.

BTW.. here are the ping map for that day.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e....532655,-81.337967&spn=0.269651,0.432587&z=11

Capri said:
Thanks JWG for posting the cover. Fox's Holly Bristow (sp?) also says in the video report that the diary was found by LE in the bedside table of KC's room.

WEll that is interesting ! because I got this next to her bed

picture.php

yeah but that's on it, not in it.

(don't bash me i'm having a rough day ;))

Evidence page 1443 (interview with LA):

EE: Okay, so you went and you picked up. Give me that list of items again.
LA: Sure. Uhm...
EE: From Tony's apartment at Sutton Place.
LA: Yes. Uhm, this was uhm, around midnight. I went and picked up uhm, my sister's laptop. Uhm, well it's actually my mom's laptop, but you know, my sister was, she's had it for that past month or so. So uh, the laptop, uhm, a very large uhm, leopard print duffle bag that had all of her clothing and items uhm, in there. Uhm, a uhm, a backpack, a white backpack with kind of a uh, you know, a pattern or you know, a symbol on that uhm, that also had some more clothing items in there. Uhm, a large purse and some, you know, some, some kind of you know, female items. You know things like that like her toiletries and that kind of stuff. And then also a, a more slender black bag that I ended up using as the bag for the laptop. I figured that's how she was carrying it around. There was some paperwork and things like that in there. And uhm, all of it was extremely organized and...

Just speculating...the journal could have been a part of that "paperwork"...

Just to pile on a little more speculation...

KC knew she had that old journal lying around somewhere in her room, and on one of her stops between the 16th and 21st picked it up and brought it back to AL's. As she is flipping through it she is drawn to her opening page: EVERY DAY IS A NEW BEGINNING.

"Damn straight", she thinks, and decides to write briefly about her new beginning. She tears out the pages discussing her "old" life, and writes a one-page memo to self about her new-found freedom. :mad:
I agree, JWG. I have several journals, and sometimes I'll start writing in one I bought two or three years earlier but didn't fill.

Also, bound journals, the kind you might buy in a bookstore, usually have barcodes on the binding. KC's diary looks like that type. A bar code would narrow down the date of purchase.

No, she's not.

But, she took REAL person's phone number's and added her make-believe person's name to them in her phone book!

Obviously, not expecting anyone would bother checking out these people with their own phone calls!

I remember Lee calling a neighbor asking for a Juliette, or some other such name and the neighbor saying....Lee??? This is so & so why are you calling? And it happened more than once!

Not smart BUT cunning in that she would lie and expect no one to check and thereby not catch her at it!

ETA--I could see her writing '03 to throw off a person who might 'catch on' and get the significance of this passage should it be found & read!

Well said. I think the reasoning behind putting real folks' phone numbers next to fake names in case anyone saw her phone book might be the same reasoning used in putting `03 on the book.

I agree, JWG. I have several journals, and sometimes I'll start writing in one I bought two or three years earlier but didn't fill.

Also, bound journals, the kind you might buy in a bookstore, usually have barcodes on the binding. KC's diary looks like that type. A bar code would narrow down the date of purchase.
Yep, true. Also on JVM it was mentioned that ink is chemically dated. Of course she could have used an "old" pen, but if she used a new one...that could help narrow a time frame.

On June 20th, we have her partying at Fusion late into the night. The pings on the 21st per this info in the stickies. JWG posts this investigative info

TELL ME.. HOW DOES SHE GET BACK TO THE HOUSE ON A SATURDAY JUNE 21st , CINDY'S DAY OFF... write this information down and leave????

Do we have records for GA or CA to see if they were home all day that Saturday?

As a juror, I would discern this to be a RED HERRING... based upon the ping records. Oh.. how easily we fall for media reports after we have already sleuthed this one out. This is NOTHING. The duct tape and red heart is the nail in the coffin.

Respectfully, it's a journal. No one said it couldn't leave Casey's room. Just because they found it there doesn't mean Casey wasn't carrying it around with her in her backpack and writing in wherever she was. She could have written that at Tony's, she could have been in her car killing time somewhere...it could have been anywhere.

Pic one at the below link is a diary entry for June 21st. She talks about how she's happier than she has been in a long time. It appears to be the first page of a new book she bought for the occasion.

Sure doesn't sound like a mom who is upset her kid has been kidnapped. She sounds like she's happy to be free.

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18739798/detail.html

Picture 15 Shows the year.
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html

Not to bust any bubbles but on Issues they said the diary had a date of 2003 on a page . She may have been writing about something else other than what everyone is assuming. I want her to be found guilty as much as anyone else but we seem to jump to conclusions at times.

Maybe she had it with her at TL's? Then it got back to the A's house when Lee went and got all her stuff? Just thinking out loud here.

So she has this journal.. she writes in it about how happy she is about killing Caylee. Mom calls the police and she so happens to put it back in her nightstand drawer, which makes her look guilty...why not just throw it in the trash can? It would have gotten thrown out before the police searched the house.

Heck if she was going to leave a smokin gun like this.. why not just leave Caylee laying in her bed in a trash bag.

If she was going to write in a journal 1 page.. why not write about how she was worried about Zenaida?

Also.. the only new friends she got in the last month was TL and his gang. She still was hangin out with RM, Kristina, Amy, Brittany. Could this not be written in June of 2007? We need to look to see when she "changed friends"

The journal page entry w which the State chose to fuel the media frenzy and further inflame the public this time is simply **advertiser censored* date (any date beyond the 15th will do... :rolleyes:) during the month of **advertiser censored* June (nevermind it appears to be the June five years prior...). Every year has a June, and most diaries from any given year will also likely include this month... Are we to believe there were five years of pages removed...? :rolleyes:

Never have I seen a worse case of the State trying, quite so obviously and vigorously, to use a rabid media to demonize a defendant. The bottom line is people who want KC stoned to death for the worst imaginable heinous coldblooded killing are determined, irrespective of fact, to interpret each new piece of info and shred of evidence in the most grotesque, gruesome, grisly and sinister light possible, projecting onto it every conceivable evil connotation. A lynchmob and witchhunt all rolled into one. I'll defer judgment until trial when we hear from an ink expert w test results. No one can any longer lend a voice of reason to "Caylee" threads anyway, so great is the thirst for blood. JMO

:parrot:

You do realize don't you that the docs are released per the Florida Sunshine Law and that law was passed before this case came along right?

Not to bust any bubbles but on Issues they said the diary had a date of 2003 on a page . She may have been writing about something else other than what everyone is assuming. I want her to be found guilty as much as anyone else but we seem to jump to conclusions at times.

This has been discussed throughout this thread. The '03 is on the opposite page, and it appears that pages were torn out in between.

Yes, we've seen the photo. The '03 is clear on the top corner of the other page, not the one with the incriminating entry which is dated June 21. Could be a red herring, Casey backdating it, or an old journal with pages torn out.

Cuss away Lanie, I've already said many cuss words in many different languages today LOL

I believe(maybe I should say I chose to believe) the entry was written in 2008

I am not sure but...Doesn't the State have to prove when that entry was written and/or it's relevance to this case?
Would the State submit evidence in Court that was useless to them..I don't think so..but then again I am not a lawyer.

Well, just because it is released in a doc dump does not mean it has to be used at trial. Basically, pretty much everything they retrieved via subpoena has to be turned over to the defense. The media seems to have picked up on this diary because it certainly is impressive to ponder, not because the prosecution indicated it was valuable evidence. It would be great if it was from 08' but for now, I don't see the proof. Hopefully, there is that proof or they're working on it.
But, what strikes me is that the prosecution has not said word one about this diary. Notice how it was not mentioned in the supplemental reports which do mention matching duct tape and laundry bags? I feel if it was that important, we may see a mention of it in a report. I just don't think there is going to be one, smoking gun in this case. But, taken together, all the evidence creates one heck of a big ole' bomb. It's enough for me.

My observations, which are likely repeats of other's....

(snipped)

4. The diary certainly is not a school yearbook as can be seen by the cover, but it was photographed on top of the 2001 yearbook (last image).

Right - I think it is from Peter Pauper Press ... it is a journal.

Here is an example from peter pauper - although this is not the book. I am sure that her book is in this series (cattitude) or done by the same artist.

9781593595722_T.jpg

Does that book actually have a year on the cover? Or is that just to show what year that book was designed? Maybe you could email the company Casey's book to see if they can pinpoint what year it was made?

My observations, which are likely repeats of other's....

(snipped)

4. The diary certainly is not a school yearbook as can be seen by the cover, but it was photographed on top of the 2001 yearbook (last image).

Right - I think it is from Peter Pauper Press ... it is a journal.

Here is an example from peter pauper - although this is not the book. I am sure that her book is in this series (cattitude) or done by the same artist.

9781593595722_T.jpg
I bet they could tell when her journal was distributed which may be well after the 2003 date...if in fact it is dated 03.

ETA: Same page, huh, Suz? LOL

Check this out when the WESH TV reporter realizes the diary has '03 on it. Lots of scrambling going on while another reporter distracts us with other items.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18740616/detail.html#

They should come over here and read our posts about the diary!

The reported doesn't come back with a solution, either.

Hilarious. Even the media can't report this one w a straight face. JMO

Yes, we've seen the photo. The '03 is clear on the top corner of the other page, not the one with the incriminating entry which is dated June 21. Could be a red herring, Casey backdating it, or an old journal with pages torn out.
I think it's an old journal with pages removed. The writing on the inside of the cover doesn't look the same as the entry dated June 21. Just MOO.

I bet they could tell when her journal was distributed which may be well after the 2003 date...if in fact it is dated 03.

I want them to chemically test the ink! not sure it would tell anthing - she could have used an older pen, but it could help better establish when the entry was written if she used a newer pen with newer ink.

The journal page entry w which the State chose to fuel the media frenzy and further inflame the public this time is simply **advertiser censored* date (any date beyond the 15th will do... :rolleyes:) during the month of **advertiser censored* June (nevermind it appears to be the June five years prior...). Every year has a June, and most diaries from any given year will also likely include this month... Are we to believe there were five years of pages removed...? :rolleyes:

Never have I seen a worse case of the State trying, quite so obviously and vigorously, to use a rabid media to demonize a defendant. The bottom line is people who want KC stoned to death for the worst imaginable heinous coldblooded killing are determined, irrespective of fact, to interpret each new piece of info and shred of evidence in the most grotesque, gruesome, grisly and sinister light possible, projecting onto it every conceivable evil connotation. A lynchmob and witchhunt all rolled into one. I'll defer judgment until trial when we hear from an ink expert w test results. No one can any longer lend a voice of reason to "Caylee" threads anyway, so great is the thirst for blood. JMO

:clap:

Kiki, After lurking & not posting for awhile, the "lynchmob" mentallity you mention fades to one being more objective. I totally agree with you & this was my first thought also, about the journal. I also went back to the pings, as I see JWG did.

My observations now, with all this, & future evidence to come, is to view every piece of information, as if I was LK Baden. It will all come down to what the court will & will not allow. JMO.

Bottom line is that just because there's an '03' notation, it doesn't mean it was written in '03. It doesn't mean it wasn't written in '03, either. At this point, we have no way of knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413