Casey's "Emotional Breakdown" per the docs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There again I blame CA, couldn't she see the note hanging up?
Couldn't she see kc was depressed?
CA is a NURSE! for goodness sake, counseling or meds........
talk about denial............IMO CA needs a shrink!

Casey is a narcissistic, sociopath who is also selfish and immature. Those pleas to her friends were nothing more than a cry for attention, once she got some sympathy and and the full focus of her girlfriends she pulled the "oh never mind I'm all set" bit. She craves attention...even if it's negative.

i know this isn't a popular opinion on this thread, but it's mine and i'm sticking to it.
i don't think there is anything mentally wrong w/ casey aside from the sodding obvious - sociopathy, stupidity, and the ever present 'LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!!!!!' disorder she clearly suffers from!

(snipped for brevity)

incidentally i'm not one of those posters who believe she's bipolar either. bipolars seem to me to be very deep, creative, sensitive and intelligent people.
hardly a description of casey.

i really don't want to argue w/ anyone (i've got the flu so if you bash me you're picking on a defenceless 5ft woman!) i just posted to get it off my last nerve, err i mean chest.

Actually, I agree with you completely! It's obvious that Casey is a sociopath.

Hope your flu gets better!

~Jai Yen

I believe this description of a bi-polar sufferer is true when that person is being monitored and medicated properly/appropriately. Without intervention they are often from one side of the spectrum to the other without any real ability towards balance.

You bring up interesting points about everything she has been through not causing a breakdown.

Anyway, I'm not replying to argue any of your points. Hope you feel better!

thank you, Disguiseduser, i'm working on it :blowkiss:

A couple witnesses interviewed mentioned that Casey said she thought she might need to be committed and she was going crazy and having an emtional breakdown in 2007.

No one seemed to take KC at face value once they realized that she was a habitual liar. I think this dovetailed off her "miscarriage"

Without turning into a crazy bashing thread, do any of you think there is any merit to KC's claims of losing it? or was this another attnetion seeking device? Do her claims tie into anything substantial we have revealed about her life at that time? Did this lead into possible murder of her daughter?

I am sorry I do not have the link to the 2 interviews that this was mentioned in. Perhaps someone could help me out with that?

Thanks

Considering the outcome , I wish someone would have taken her seriously. She talked to Cindy and was evidently discouraged from thinking she was losing it. Cindy and her need to have the perfect family? Sorry just my opinion.

Maybe there was no miscarriage at all. Maybe she was just "late" one month and when it finally happened she called it a miscarriage to get attention. With as much as I have going on in my life somedays, I often say I feel I am "losing it" or it is "driving me nuts", but that does not necessarily mean it is true.

I think it was her way of getting attention, she is evil and has no soul. She could have given Caylee to her parents or even put her up for adoption if she did not want to be bothered with her. There is NO excuse for what KC did to her baby girl, none!

I could not agree more. The entire story has so many holes in it there's no way it can be even remotely true, IMO.

1 - Let's remember the source, Casey. Some may think that's mean or dismissive but not keeping that fact front and center is partially why Cindy & George are in this mess in the first place.

2 - Let's assume she was pregnant with this guys kid. We know she's 100% self serving, man crazy, dying to get out from under her mother, loves playing house and worships money. Why would she not tell him until after she miscarried? Why would she wait months later at a party to tell anyone at all about it?

3 - Still, assuming she was pregnant and did miscarry and opted not to tell Brandon, would PPD not be the BEST possible defense this girl could hope to have? A jury would certainly be a lot more sympathetic to that. I would be leaping at the opportunity both as Casey or as JB to prove that yes, I had a miscarriage and it's caused me severe emotional issues which is what lead to this situation. Instead, they're going forward with her being absolutely innocent and given the mounting evidence, that's a pretty stupid thing to do if you've got an emotional anguish card in your pocket.

Very accurate.

I am curious to know why you don't believe kc fits the sociopathic wheel. I know my reasoning was lack of knowledge of her youth and teens but I have given up on getting that info and I am assuming she had trouble covered up by Cindy....I know I should not assume. Was that your reasoning also?

I believe her behaviors began as very normal coping mechanisms growing up in that house. I think she feels- deeply, in fact, (like her mom, ever the victim) just different then most people... but most people don't grow up in such dysfunctional personality disordered homes. Because she has been invalidated her entire life she believes those feelings are not real or at least that they don't matter so she "checks out", disassociates them away. Why feel them if they don't count or if they will only be made fun of or discounted?

She has no self esteem or self-soothing skills but I believe she had a concept of what normal was beyond what people assume psychopaths/sociopaths think normal looks like, what is expected of them. She knew her mother crossed many lines- She certainly knew it was f^cked up that her mother wanted Caylee to call her mom... that Cindy was trying to BE Caylee's mother.

Please don't think that this is saying I excuse any of what Casey has done or that I blame Cindy for Casey killing Caylee (if she did) because neither is true. I just don't see Casey in the same light others here do..

i know this isn't a popular opinion on this thread, but it's mine and i'm sticking to it.
i don't think there is anything mentally wrong w/ casey aside from the sodding obvious - sociopathy, stupidity, and the ever present 'LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!!!!!' disorder she clearly suffers from!
casey anthony murdered her child and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
casey anthony drove around w/ the stench of her own baby's body decomposing in the trunk of her car, breathing it in and out, and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
casey anthony was in a house surrounded by people 24/7 screaming 'baby killer', hot for her blood and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
casey anthony was indicted for killing her own little girl, arrested and jailed and it didn't cause her to have a breakdown.
i don't believe for a nanosecond that a miscarriage would cause her to have a breakdown. i'm very aware of the effects of a miscarriage as i suffered several of them, including twins and even i, w/ all the emotions she lacks, didn't have a breakdown, nor did i feel compelled to murder a tiny child b/c i had suffered a miscarriage.
the upside of being a sociopath and therefore w/o any depth of emotion is that this also includes depression. they don't get depressed, they get the blues... then 8 or 9 minutes pass and they think of something else and cheer up. that's why being imprisoned, as so many have noticed, has had little to zero effect on miss bubbly personality 2009, let alone a breakdown.
i don't even believe she had a miscarriage never mind a breakdown.
i believe she said she had a miscarriage for attention and i believe she claimed to have a breakdown for attention.
this creature accused her own father and brother of indulging in incestuious behaviour towards her ... for attention (nothing more than the aforementioned 'LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!!!!! disorder)
in perspective - a miscarriage and a mild breakdown are pretty small fish as lies for attention go in caseyland.

incidentally i'm not one of those posters who believe she's bipolar either. bipolars seem to me to be very deep, creative, sensitive and intelligent people.
hardly a description of casey.

i really don't want to argue w/ anyone (i've got the flu so if you bash me you're picking on a defenceless 5ft woman!) i just posted to get it off my last nerve, err i mean chest.

ITA. She's no different than any other run of the mill, waste of space murder. She's just young and pretty.

Considering she wasn't working I doubt she had any type of medical coverage. Which now that I think about it could be the reason she didn't seek medical attention. Any bills that came in Cindy would possibly read and understand (knowing procedure codes and diagnosis coding). At the very least I would expect Cindy to have an ICD-9 coding book within her reach either at home or work.

Since she was an obvious dependent still, Cindy or George could have covered her. Likewise, she was a single mother, she would have qualified for state coverage. I don't see her parents letting her go around without insurance and obviously Caylee was covered because her dr's appts have been noted. The state wouldn't cover Caylee and not Casey and I don't think her parents would either.

It's amazing to me, based on everything I'm reading about Casey's behavior and supposed breakdown that the defense is not going for insanity. They would certainly have more than enough fodder.

I can't help but wonder if there is something mentally going on with Casey just based on everything that's gone on and how deeply she seems to believe in her own lies. She seems bi-polar, which I know can sometimes start developing as late as early adulthood...

I believe this description of a bi-polar sufferer is true when that person is being monitored and medicated properly/appropriately. Without intervention they are often from one side of the spectrum to the other without any real ability towards balance.

You bring up interesting points about everything she has been through not causing a breakdown.

Anyway, I'm not replying to argue any of your points. Hope you feel better!

Sorry, I just don't see it under ANY color lighting... nor does any mental health professional that has weighed in on this case. I have Bipolar that has only been treated properly for the last 6 years and it NEVER looked like Casey- ever, not even CLOSE! People with personality disorders sometimes have a few of the same traits but that's as close as it comes.

The first clue is that people with Bipolar have CYCLES of mania and depression.We feel guilt and shame and regret.. we are sorry for the crazy things we do while manic, many of us to the point of being filled with thoughts of suicide on a daily basis.

It's amazing to me, based on everything I'm reading about Casey's behavior and supposed breakdown that the defense is not going for insanity. They would certainly have more than enough fodder.

I can't help but wonder if there is something mentally going on with Casey just based on everything that's gone on and how deeply she seems to believe in her own lies. She seems bi-polar, which I know can sometimes start developing as late as early adulthood...

She's not insane- she's personality disordered.

Since she was an obvious dependent still, Cindy or George could have covered her. Likewise, she was a single mother, she would have qualified for state coverage. I don't see her parents letting her go around without insurance and obviously Caylee was covered because her dr's appts have been noted. The state wouldn't cover Caylee and not Casey and I don't think her parents would either.

Depending on the rules of their insurance carrier, Casey would only still be considered eligible for coverage if she were a full-time student. The Anthony's would have to supply transcripts from the school verifying that Casey was enrolled each semester. Considering their supposed financial issues, I highly doubt CA & GA could afford to pay COBRA insurance for Casey. Private insurance is expensive by far and I doubt her parents would have been able to afford that as well.

It is possible (and more likely) that Casey and Caylee were on a public assistance program. Who knows, perhaps Casey only applied for coverage for Caylee. In the end, these things always leave more questions than answers.

I think it was just another a part of her very active fantasy life. I'm sure Juliette was very comforting during the event, and someone else had a car accident and died on the way to her house at the very same time--or else there was a squirrel plastered in there somewhere. :D

Her mom sure taught her well, how to live in a fantasy. So sad, IMO.

Depending on the rules of their insurance carrier, Casey would only still be considered eligible for coverage if she were a full-time student. The Anthony's would have to supply transcripts from the school verifying that Casey was enrolled each semester. Considering their supposed financial issues, I highly doubt CA & GA could afford to pay COBRA insurance for Casey. Private insurance is expensive by far and I doubt her parents would have been able to afford that as well.

It is possible (and more likely) that Casey and Caylee were on a public assistance program. Who knows, perhaps Casey only applied for coverage for Caylee. In the end, these things always leave more questions than answers.

IIRC, Cindy claims to have paid for everything including health insurance for Caylee.

Sorry, I just don't see it under ANY color lighting... nor does any mental health professional that has weighed in on this case. I have Bipolar that has only been treated properly for the last 6 years and it NEVER looked like Casey- ever, not even CLOSE! People with personality disorders sometimes have a few of the same traits but that's as close as it comes.

The first clue is that people with Bipolar have CYCLES of mania and depression.We feel guilt and shame and regret.. we are sorry for the crazy things we do while manic, many of us to the point of being filled with thoughts of suicide on a daily basis.

OLG, (in case you look back here) i'm not bipolar but like everyone else i do get depressed from time to time. thinking about it, i tend to keep phone calls short and only make them when necessary and dont spend much time on the computer when i'm, for whatever reason, low.
would i be right or wrong in thinking that if casey were bipolar, even though she texts like she's on a mission, were she at the depressive point in her cycle we'd see her cell and computer activity drop like a brick?
wouldn't she just .. not feel like she could be bothered?
would a bipolar in a depressive phase keep texting, calling, playing on myspace and clubing?

There are now many forms of Bipolar...and it is very easy for many people to be dx'd in this category. For instance...you don't have to cycle.....you can experience mania and depression at the same time. You don't have to exhibit loads of energy (it may be just your mind racing, not your body) and you would experience depression at the same time...they call it Bipolar mixed. However, both Cindy and her are anxious but I think it is personality-driven and is histrionic in nature, more so than straight anxiety or mania

If Ed Kemper is sitting in prison for all the brutal murders he has done and w/o an insanity plea...there is no way Casey could plead "insanity". I expect her team to plea her out to a "nice" prison or mental facility though so she can avoid a harsh environment....well, they can try...lol

I disagree. Again, this is lending way too much credit to her. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a woman of KC's mentality that's already gone through pregnancy and childbirth who knew they were pregnant again that would bleed even slightly and not contact a Dr. in some way - even if you didn't want the pregnancy.

I didn't say that Casey was too naive to know she had miscarried. I was confirming that it is totally possible that women have early term miscarriages
and never seek medical help or follow-up. Thus, no medical record of the pregnancy. She very well might have hid the fact that she was pregnant.
Possible, yes. Likely, no. IMO

I think I may have some sort of imbalance after listening to the dizziness of the testimony in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo
Back