Casey's Life in Jail, Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard they grow their hair in prison for "locks for love." They need a certain length to make wigs for cancer patients.

The minimum length for "locks of love" is 10 inches - she could have donated months ago.
I don't think she has any altruistic reason, unless she's going to show up in court tomorrow with it cut and JB will announce how wonderful she is - she donated her hair.
:floorlaugh:
I think she's just stubborn. . . "I'm not cutting my hair 'til I'm out of here."
or to go against CA somehow. It would be so much easier if it was shorter.
I have to admit she has nice thick fast-growing hair, but it doesn't look good on her now b/c she can't care for it properly.

I heard they grow their hair in prison for "locks for love." They need a certain length to make wigs for cancer patients.

IMHO - No way Jose (pun intended). She'll only cut her hair if she can sell it on e-bay (like Justin Beiber) and make money. There are unoosual people out there who would actually buy it.

I don't think she'd ever have the compassion to donate anything, let alone to Locks for Love (which I believe is a wonderful charity).

Also - would someone really want a wig made of ICA's hair - egads! I'm sure they would never know, but I also wonder if LfL would even accept it.

MOO

Mel

If Casey receives life without parole, would she go to Lowell, or is there another facility she might go to?

I was just reading about Lowell and the article said that sometimes it is hotter inside the dorm or cells that it is outside. It was in the 90s here today.

IMHO I think she will go to Lowell Annex. This is a DP prison for women, and those who need to be closely monitored. So even if ICA receives LWOP, this would be a good location for her. I looked at all the prisons in Florida (cuz that's just how I roll), and thought this would be the most logical place for her.

MOO

Mel

IMHO - No way Jose (pun intended). She'll only cut her hair if she can sell it on e-bay (like Justin Beiber) and make money. There are unoosual people out there who would actually buy it.

I don't think she'd ever have the compassion to donate anything, let alone to Locks for Love (which I believe is a wonderful charity).

Also - would someone really want a wig made of ICA's hair - egads! I'm sure they would never know, but I also wonder if LfL would even accept it.

MOO

Mel

I totally agree that ICA isn't altruistic and would only cut her hair to sell it. I can't imagine anyone wanting it for anything (but I was skeered to get a t.o. so I left MOO off).

At some point would they force her to cut off some of her hair because it would become a problem?

I think someone said no cable, no AC but regular stations on the tv.

I believe you are correct - no cable, just regular channels. This would include news, so that should keep her fairly well occupied.

I believe you are correct - no cable, just regular channels. This would include news, so that should keep her fairly well occupied.

My guess is her free time will be spent in the law library.

My guess is her free time will be spent in the law library.

I have this image of Casey flipping through law books like a madwoman - "There's got to be a loophole to get me out of here before tomorrow!" LOL

Misconceptions About Florida Prisons

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/myths.html

Only a portion of the article:

1. "Prisons are air-conditioned."

Only ten of the major state-managed prisons in Florida have air-conditioning in some portion of the facility housing inmates, and many of these are located in South Florida.

3. "Inmates have cable television and satellite dishes."

There are no correctional facilities with cable television. Television reception in our prisons is from the antennae only.

Since TV has gone to digital, I wonder how those antennae receptions are working out?

I just had a shiver run throughout my whole body when I read this. A person on trial for murdering her baby is going to give her hair to Locks for Love ???? That's just a little spooky to me.

As for her hair maybe they should just shave her head and donate all of her hair. Wonder what she would look like with a shaved head? Her face would really look long then.

Misconceptions About Florida Prisons

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/myths.html

Only a portion of the article:

1. "Prisons are air-conditioned."

Only ten of the major state-managed prisons in Florida have air-conditioning in some portion of the facility housing inmates, and many of these are located in South Florida.

3. "Inmates have cable television and satellite dishes."

There are no correctional facilities with cable television. Television reception in our prisons is from the antennae only.

I believe it was reported that the "death row" portion of the prison at Lowell has no air-conditioning. I'm assuming the regular portion does. jmo

MOO

Mel

They should. It's not like the person receiving it in the end would know. Hair is hair. The shame would be if someone made such a stink about it and demanded that LFL should take the hair.

Years ago a local radio station did a topless car wash for Breast Cancer. Lots of folks just drove by and donated money to the cause. The actual area was not viewable. Such a stink was made, that Breast Cancer groups refused the funds! A lot of the men who donated, didn't get their car washed or even attempt to. They knew someone who was effected by it. And they were supporting the radio station's effort to get the information out there. Including that it does effect men.

The station worked hard to find a group to take the funds. It had to go to the cause, since that was what was promised. FINALY found a group that made falsies for after surgery.

I haven't given since. And my Mother had it. My view is that they must all ready have enough funds that they do not need any more. My funds go elsewhere. Lots of groups need help and support.

If ICA decides to donate, she should be thanked nicely. If they don't want pr about it, then they should just say a quiet thanks, and nothing else. If they want to encourage other prisoners to do the same, then use it as PR. IT is rare to find virgin hair. And it's rare that when such a person is found, that their hair stylest knows what to do with it. (that happened to me. 2 ft thrown away.)

Quick question?? If there was a mistrial for some reason, would ICA be set free or would she stay in jail until the next trial since she was on no bond.

They should. It's not like the person receiving it in the end would know. Hair is hair. The shame would be if someone made such a stink about it and demanded that LFL should take the hair.

Years ago a local radio station did a topless car wash for Breast Cancer. Lots of folks just drove by and donated money to the cause. The actual area was not viewable. Such a stink was made, that Breast Cancer groups refused the funds! A lot of the men who donated, didn't get their car washed or even attempt to. They knew someone who was effected by it. And they were supporting the radio station's effort to get the information out there. Including that it does effect men.

The station worked hard to find a group to take the funds. It had to go to the cause, since that was what was promised. FINALY found a group that made falsies for after surgery.

I haven't given since. And my Mother had it. My view is that they must all ready have enough funds that they do not need any more. My funds go elsewhere. Lots of groups need help and support.

If ICA decides to donate, she should be thanked nicely. If they don't want pr about it, then they should just say a quiet thanks, and nothing else. If they want to encourage other prisoners to do the same, then use it as PR. IT is rare to find virgin hair. And it's rare that when such a person is found, that their hair stylest knows what to do with it. (that happened to me. 2 ft thrown away.)

Yes, I agree, the person cutting the hair really does need to know how to do it the right way. I think the person who needs to keep quiet about it would be CA, remember her donation of a pair of Caylee's shoes? It just gave me chills thinking a person like KC would be donating HER hair, it sounds spooky to me, but that's just me LOL I think KC is spooky!!!

Eh, I think she should cut her hair so it can sop up some of the Gulf oil spill... it's not seemly to provide it to an innocent/unknowing person. Yuck.

At some point would they force her to cut off some of her hair because it would become a problem?
Maybe when she gets to prison? Seems like it would be a security issue. Scott Peterson got a buzz cut, I didn't think it was voluntary...:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back