Casey's nightmares

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the only thing casey was having nightmares about was getting caught.

Let's consider the bottle with the syringe that was found in the same area as little Caley's body.

Didn't someone look up and describe that weird homemade drug that the kids are known to be doing there now, that horrible stuff, I couldn't imagine putting that into my body, and the effects of it?

Consider this: Casey had to dump the body, she was afraid to open the trunk and get Caylee out, so she mixes up some of that junk and takes it with her in the car figuring maybe it will take the cuss off. So she does the stuff in that spot, her old "druggie" hangout, grabs Caylee, buries her half *advertiser censored**ed, and is so screwed up on that stuff, she just drops it all right there and stumbles back to her car.

Perhaps she wakes up with nightsweats as a side effect from that stuff in the bottle, and also, when she says she doesn't remember, she doesn't know what's going on, maybe she didn't when she dumped her, like a black out or something.

When Lee asked her, "Was this like the other time before?" in his jailhouse visit, right away, I thought, he's talking about a prior black out or a drugged experience she had where she went wild and then didn't remember what happened.

I even thought that the story she told her parents in the jail, about some guy she met there who talked about how he woke up in a closet and didn't know how he got there, and how they all laughed over it, might have been her trying to tell her parents that she really didn't remember what had happened exactly. Also she says, I don't know, I don't have anyone to talk to, I can't backtrack, maybe if I was home I could backtrack.

We need someone to look up the side effects of that terrible drug they talked about and see if this could add up to her not remembering and the night sweats.

I was about to post a topic on this but then realized it may already have a thread - and of course it did, thanks to the brilliant minds and analysis of the Web Sleuthers!

This has haunted me and haunted me deeply through the entire case - this seemingly simple statement made by TL in his interview.

He stated that KC would wake up DRENCHED in sweat.

I began searching and searching for causes of night sweats, etc.

I found what many have already discussed in this thread - the subconcious mind at work.

I found some intersting links, one about the effects of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).

I also found this repeatedly through various ssearches:

those with PTSD can be characterized as sociopaths

-------

Now - the night sweats to me are very telling that KC is guilty of murdering her child.

She can escape the feelings and remorse, the sadness and guilt during waking hours, but during sleep, it will continue to haunt her for most likely the rest of her life, or until she confesses.

Ever read The Tell Tale Heart by Poe?

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tell-Tale_Heart
I thought the nightmares didn't fit with the Sociopathic diagnosis, not that we have seen an official diagnosis, but most seem to think this might be the case. There are some medical conditions that cause nightmares too, withdrawal from some drugs can, fever, Tuberculosis, low blood sugar, and some others. I just find it hard to believe that someone who is so uncaring could be bothered w/ nightmares after her daughter's death ?

I thought the nightmares didn't fit with the Sociopathic diagnosis, not that we have seen an official diagnosis, but most seem to think this might be the case. There are some medical conditions that cause nightmares too, withdrawal from some drugs can, fever, Tuberculosis, low blood sugar, and some others. I just find it hard to believe that someone who is so uncaring could be bothered w/ nightmares after her daughter's death ?

No, not nightmares. I don't believe she had nightmares. She said she had nightmares, but I think she was simply lying to avoid suspicion or further questioning by Tony. Tony saw the cold sweats. That can (very often actually) be caused by unresolved guilt. I believe it was her subconscious dealing with the horrific stress of killing her daughter.

No, not nightmares. I don't believe she had nightmares. She said she had nightmares, but I think she was simply lying to avoid suspicion or further questioning by Tony. Tony saw the cold sweats. That can (very often actually) be caused by unresolved guilt. I believe it was her subconscious dealing with the horrific stress of killing her daughter.
Yeah, the nightmares are actually the only thing, that I can think of, that doesn't fit with her personality.

Well, I don't think she's a Sociopath anyway.. so I guess it depends on what people think is "wrong with her"

she bought mucinex and sudafed at trgt with amys checks

Massive intake of sudafed is considered the poor man's crank in NE GA. The kids take massive doses and stay hyper and ride around drinking beer. It also along with benadryl can be used to make meth.

Freud was also addicted to cocaine. He was also convinced that little girls secretly wanted a penis and little boys wanted to have sex with their mothers. I know because I have a degree in Psychology.

Ding Ding Ding There we have the reason behind the assumption that all psychiatric professionals are impaired themselves.

I do not disagree with you at all. On the contrary, I lean towards agreeing with you and remaining shocked by that theory, as I too have been in close contact with people suffering from PTSD, though on a personal level and probably not to the extent that you have, however...

What the comment I posted suggests, and in several articles, the psychologists report that the two share certain aspects and in SOME cases overlap - not in all cases - meaning that not all people with PTSD are sociopaths, but that they may be characterized as such. I know it's confusing to me too - basically, if someone is not a sociopath and gets PTSD, they will not BECOME one because of the PTSD, but if they already have characteristics of being a sociopath, PTSD can be determined readily.

There are several lengthy articles - one is The Psychological Impact of War Trauma on Civilians, and several others are available that discuss how PTSD can "trigger" dormant anti-social behavior through avoidance.

I am in NO WAY stating my opinion about this whether it is true or not true, proven or unproven, nor do I believe that PTSD sufferers are sociopaths - merely bringing up an interesting theory on KC, in which if she did indeed experience PTSD through her subconscious and avoidance of the act she carried out could have pushed her so far off the edge of reality, she will never recover.
Sometimes a person, exposed to a situation so horrific that the mind blocks it out of the conscious, develops PTSD. That same person also becomes innured to other's sufferings because nothing they suffer seems as bad as what he's suffered. It's the beginning of sociopathy. The inability to sympathize or empathize becomes the norm. Then too, a lot of people with PTSD deny the event ever happened because to admit it did makes it real again and it hurts. PTSD can very well lead to sociopathy. Normal people do not intentionally inflict pain upon themselves nor upon others. The question is, do sociopaths feel pain? Sadist enjoy the infliction of pain upon others, but are they also sociopaths?

BAck to KC. I think somewhere deep in her subconscious, she was terrified of being found out AND of the finality of what she done. Particularly if she was also sick and feverish, this could have caused night terrors.

Well, I don't think she's a Sociopath anyway.. so I guess it depends on what people think is "wrong with her"

I, too, question whether or not she is a sociopath. I've kept that pretty much to myself, though, since it seems the majority here have the perspective that she is one.

BAck to KC. I think somewhere deep in her subconscious, she was terrified of being found out AND of the finality of what she done. Particularly if she was also sick and feverish, this could have caused night terrors.

respectfully snipped

I agree she was afraid of being found out and that's what may have haunted her. In addition, drugs (particularly opiates) can cause night sweats (very common) and nightmares (not unusual). I'm not sure we have any indication she was abusing opiates but possibly other drugs she regularly used? It's been theorized she used xanax but I'm not too familiar with xanax in this regard. GHB has been mentioned. If she was using GHB, it is terribly addictive and can cause serious withdrawal symptoms.

Massive intake of sudafed is considered the poor man's crank in NE GA. The kids take massive doses and stay hyper and ride around drinking beer. It also along with benadryl can be used to make meth.

It's not just in Ga, sad as it is. Benadryl can cause hallucinations too... and it's cheap! $3.00 or so for a bottle of 300 (generic)!

I, too, question whether or not she is a sociopath. I've kept that pretty much to myself, though, since it seems the majority here have the perspective that she is one.

LOL- I don't keep much to myself, though I'm sure I'd get a lot less T/O's if I did!

Sometimes a person, exposed to a situation so horrific that the mind blocks it out of the conscious, develops PTSD. That same person also becomes innured to other's sufferings because nothing they suffer seems as bad as what he's suffered. It's the beginning of sociopathy. The inability to sympathize or empathize becomes the norm. Then too, a lot of people with PTSD deny the event ever happened because to admit it did makes it real again and it hurts. PTSD can very well lead to sociopathy. Normal people do not intentionally inflict pain upon themselves nor upon others. The question is, do sociopaths feel pain? Sadist enjoy the infliction of pain upon others, but are they also sociopaths?

"The beginning of sociopathy" doesn't begin at age 22 (or how ever old she is)... and there is nothing, trauma or anything else that could cause a person to stop feeling anxiety or fear or all the other traits go with "sociopathy"... they may be good at hiding it but those things don't go away.

I don't think she is a sociopath either. I mean, can you imagine killing your child, witnessing her body decomposing, stuffing your child in not one but two trash bags, decomp fluid in car causing a very strong odor that you had to drive around with knowing where the smell came from, dumping her body around the corner from your house, trying to live a normal life but mom and dad keeps asking about the whereabouts of your child?

That's why she was having nightmares and waking up in cold sweats, IMO.

The cold sweats could also be withdrawing from drugs. Those are most common in the night.

respectfully snipped

I agree she was afraid of being found out and that's what may have haunted her. In addition, drugs (particularly opiates) can cause night sweats (very common) and nightmares (not unusual). I'm not sure we have any indication she was abusing opiates but possibly other drugs she regularly used? It's been theorized she used xanax but I'm not too familiar with xanax in this regard. GHB has been mentioned. If she was using GHB, it is terribly addictive and can cause serious withdrawal symptoms.

My money is on meth and /or crack.

What DO you think is wrong with her OLG? just out of curiosity...:)

Has anyone considered this. A dead and decomposing body can be VERY dangerous to handle. There is a host of bacteria and these bacteria can make the person handling the body very sick. Is it possible that she contracted some illness from handling her daughter's body when she "packaged" her or perhaps when she disposed of her and cleaned out her trunk?

Yeah, and about 90 or more other ingredients. As awful as meth is, it's actually a fairly sophisticated chemistry experiment.

those with PTSD can be characterized as sociopaths

**Respectfully snipped!!!**

Wow... let me just say, as someone who suffers from PTSD, that's offensive.

I'm kind of a bleeding heart... so the idea that someone would see me as sociopathic is not only hard to believe, but it's depressing. I'm not afflicted with PTSD because I don't have empathy for goodness sake, I think it's worse because I -do-.

Boy... wish I -could- blame everything on myself.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member