Casey's nightmares

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the nightmares were a combination of both Caylee' s death and TL and KC. In her way of thinking, the riddance of any encumbrances (like Caylee?) that limited their time together was solved. Only, more time together wasn't matching up with her fantasy of: the good life. She couldn't tell him what really happened, because he didn't care enough about HER?

Do you think she will eventually turn on TL and blame him for what happened to Caylee, for instance, saying that he never wanted to see her unless Caylee wasn't there?

no I dont, I dont think she will ever admit to it

Personally, I think it was stress. Her family putting a lot of pressure on her and maybe there had been some issues between her and AL. KC is obviously a very immature person, and immature people don't handle stress well, so that could very well have triggered her nightmares and sweats. Stress over Caylee? No. But about other things that still mattered in Casey land? Probably.

I concur with you - it also could be in part reaction to the drugs/ alcohol she was consuming or administrating to Caylee . I seriously doubt she had one moment of regret about Caylee.

For normal people this would be true. KC is dissociative-completely dissociative. Her only remorse is the fact that she lost TL, but I doubt she even has that remorse any longer with JB by her side. Off with the old, on with the new. Even if JB has zero affection for KC-KC will fabricate her own reality with him as well (IMO-JB is a participant here, but even if he's not...)
People like KC can't even FIND their subconscious. They aren't wired that way. The synapsis are firing about every other time. You know how old people can remember vividly what happened back in 1924, but have no idea what was for lunch today? It's a similar mental issue. Their brains just file "nuisance" info away somewhere so that they can focus on less stressful issues. They even make up stress to avoid real pressure...

I see your point. It's just odd to me that this is only evident in hindsight. Before Caylee went missing, she was just seen by everyone as, at worst, a chronic liar. Her parents, who she lived with, didn't even see her dissociative personality (or if they did, it didn't scare them enough to take her to a therapist). CA went to a therapist herself, to learn how to deal with her daughter.

I have the utmost compassion and empathy for her parents... she's put them through sheer, never-ending hell), but either they were too dumb to see it, or just denied what they were seeing.

Wow...why would TL bother to lie or make up stories about Casey having nightmares? It is interesting that you spun this discussion around to point a finger at TL. :confused: :waitasec:

Why is that so interesting?
He's the one that said Casey had the nightmares/nightsweats. Does that mean that his word can't be questioned like everyone else in this case?
I find it more interesting that you've deemed it not relevant.

Given her behavior, I'd say it's likely that her nightmares center solely on consequences for her actions, not the actions themselves.

Why is that so interesting?
He's the one that said Casey had the nightmares/nightsweats. Does that mean that his word can't be questioned like everyone else in this case?
I find it more interesting that you've deemed it not relevant.

I am sooo interested in knowing why TL was excluded from more scrutiny in the case. Not that I think he did anything, but I want to know how LE determined that.

In regards to the post you responded to: It does seem very protective of TL.

I see your point. It's just odd to me that this is only evident in hindsight. Before Caylee went missing, she was just seen by everyone as, at worst, a chronic liar. Her parents, who she lived with, didn't even see her dissociative personality (or if they did, it didn't scare them enough to take her to a therapist). CA went to a therapist herself, to learn how to deal with her daughter.

I have the utmost compassion and empathy for her parents... she's put them through sheer, never-ending hell), but either they were too dumb to see it, or just denied what they were seeing.

I think they did see it. I think they knew she needed help. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that somewhere in her history she did have a therapist. But then again, youngsters with dissociative disorders are often seen as "imaginative" instead of scary. Perhaps by the time it became problematic she was already too far out of control for CA to get her to therapy. IIRC CA told one of her friends that KC was a sociaopath before this all fell apart. I do feel sorry for GA and CA in that they were truly at a loss on how to deal with their adult daughter with Caylee in the mix. However, I think CA suffers from some of the same issues as KC and her behaviors are at times mirror reflections of her daughter. I think they unwittingly enabled KC and are paying a price far heavier than any parent could withstand. The whole situation is a horrible nightmare that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!

We've all watched scary movies where someone from the dead comes back and get scared. How many have laid in bed that night and heard noises or had a nightmare after.

She's having nightmares of Caylee coming back to face her 'murderer'

He didnt let her stay at his apartment when he went to new york. must not have been that into her before he left and she had to know that {or he would have given her the keys to his apt.] I think the nightmares were NOT about their relationship, it wasnt that strong to begin with.

Excellent point---I definitely don't think Casey was worried about their "relationship" with TonyL of, oh how long...5 or 6 weeks? Nah. Besides Tony was her stepping stone to someone else she was scheming to be with (Mark H. comes to mind).

Maybe I am completely out in left field by saying that given what testimony we have heard from AL (and who knows...maybe he went into further detail later on, with someone else) I just don't have any reason to think these nightmares are anything worthy of mentioning in court.

Vivid dreams and nightmares can come about from a variety of things. Just because she had frightening dreams doesn't be any account mean they were about Caylee or what happened to her.
Even eating certain types of foods right before going to bed can produce some really odd dream cycles.

I don't know....unless I hear something more descriptive or damning, I just don't see much point in even discussing this. EVERYONE has dreams and nightmares.

I am sooo interested in knowing why TL was excluded from more scrutiny in the case. Not that I think he did anything, but I want to know how LE determined that.

In regards to the post you responded to: It does seem very protective of TL.

I don't think that he was excluded from more scrutiny. I think there is probably quite a bit more from him that we don't know about judging from how the interview with him left off and we just won't know about it until trial. In response to Evansmom, he was the one sleeping (I really mean sleeping:=) with her during that time, so of course he would probably be the only one, besides the A's that possibly would know about any nightmares.

Nope, for once she told the truth. Her nightmares were about TL leaving her. We already know how stressed she was over him possibly not coming back from his trip. He was NOT as into her as she needed him to be. Her new reality was all about TL and he wasn't an active participant in that plan. By this time Caylee was no longer a part of her life and therefore out of her thoughts. People like KC take that "out of sight, out of mind" thing to a whole new very literal level.

...and what was so attractive about TonE?
Nothing I have seen so far.
Was he a drug supply?
I have often wondered....the strange conversation during his interview.
:confused:

This comes from the book Nightmares & Human Conflict:

The painful guilt and shame associated with the memory of the traumatic event serve as motives for repression and prevent the integration of the incident, which is relived repeatedly in the regressive experiences of recurrent nightmares.

...and what was so attractive about TonE?
Nothing I have seen so far.
Was he a drug supply?
I have often wondered....the strange conversation during his interview.
:confused:

She did start smoking the herb once she got with him.

:yes: :yes: I agree. When she was awake, she had thouroughly convinced herself the imaginanny story would be accepted without question. imo
However, during sleep, her subconscious mind took over and I believe the nightmares were caused by fear of getting caught- not what she did to Caylee.
<my bold>

I'm of the same opinion.

Nope, for once she told the truth. Her nightmares were about TL leaving her. We already know how stressed she was over him possibly not coming back from his trip. He was NOT as into her as she needed him to be. Her new reality was all about TL and he wasn't an active participant in that plan. By this time Caylee was no longer a part of her life and therefore out of her thoughts. People like KC take that "out of sight, out of mind" thing to a whole new very literal level.

Ok, here is what I do not understand.. everyone claims she was sooo into Tony, killed her baby to be with him and all but- she was with other men within the same time frame! I don't think she was as invested in Tony as everyone thinks... he was one of several at the same time, IMO. She was even leading Will on during this time- talking to him on the cell until Tony got off the plane!

Ok, here is what I do not understand.. everyone claims she was sooo into Tony, killed her baby to be with him and all but- she was with other men within the same time frame! I don't think she was as invested in Tony as everyone thinks... he was one of several at the same time, IMO. She was even leading Will on during this time- talking to him on the cell until Tony got off the plane!

Well, I think she was into him but I think that since Caylee had been gone at this point then she was trying to "fill a void" by sleeping and/or dating around. Ya know?

I don't think KC became invested with anyone. She viewed everyone under the microscope of whether or not they could fill her needs. She was stringing several guys along at the same time. If the first guy doesn't work, go to backup guy number one, if that doesn't work, go to backup guy number two, and so on...

I think they did see it. I think they knew she needed help. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that somewhere in her history she did have a therapist. But then again, youngsters with dissociative disorders are often seen as "imaginative" instead of scary. Perhaps by the time it became problematic she was already too far out of control for CA to get her to therapy. IIRC CA told one of her friends that KC was a sociaopath before this all fell apart. I do feel sorry for GA and CA in that they were truly at a loss on how to deal with their adult daughter with Caylee in the mix. However, I think CA suffers from some of the same issues as KC and her behaviors are at times mirror reflections of her daughter. I think they unwittingly enabled KC and are paying a price far heavier than any parent could withstand. The whole situation is a horrible nightmare that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!

But they didn't even know KC was unemployed. Jeez, her father said she left for work that day (the 16th?) with gray dress pants on. They believed her about the imaginary Zani for however long. I really don't think they saw it, or they didn't take it seriously enough. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela