Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why did Casey drive the car around with Caylees doll,backpack and car seat in it which would be a constant reminder to her?

I hate to say it, but I think she just doesn't care. Having those items in the car would be upsetting to normal people, but Casey isn't normal.

Evidently he wasn't the only one not more on the ball that day. The odor in the car was reported to LE that very day (smells like a dead body in the damn car) and LE did not collect it as evidence that day. They took it the next day.

And I find this incomprehensible. Even an average person who doesn't watch crime shows knows to take the "damn car" immediately. :mad:

She screams into the phone that her daughter's damn car smells liek a dead body, she screams that her granddaughter is missing, she then removes only apair of grey pants and a knife, but leaves other items in the car, she takes those items and washes them, she and George search their backyard (for what?). She holds these items and gives the washed items to LE days later.

I think after she realized what was going on - Dead body smell + missing granddaughter + crazy sociopath of a daughter + maggots and flies + foolish story = murdered granddaughter, but it was too late as she had already called th epolice many times in order to SCARE Casey into apologizing and telling her where Caylee was, not once realizing the horror until later and that is when CA and GA instantly switched gears, protect our family and our daughter.

I totally agree and have thought this for quite some time. "911 Cindy" was the real deal. That was no act. After that, everything and every Anthony changed (well, except for Casey, who remained cold and heartless).

I totally agree and have thought this for quite some time. "911 Cindy" was the real deal. That was no act. After that, everything and every Anthony changed (well, except for Casey, who remained cold and heartless).

I agree with you. The awful truth began to sink in after the hysterical 911 call. She then went into damage control mode.

IMO I think there was MORE than just a 'bad smell' on those pants that Cindy washed. Why didn't she wash the cloth doll. Was there other obvious evidence, such as dirt stains, blood, grass stains etc... and the knife, why does someone have a kitchen knife in their car???

We can't forget that Cindy asked LE first - before she washed them. In my opinion that is why there has been no "interference of investigation" charge against them. Cindy claims she asked LE if they wanted any of the stuff before she cleaned out the car and LE seems to concur with this in that there have been no charges filed. It is in one of the early videos an it may also be in Greta's interview of the Anthonys.

Salem

We can't forget that Cindy asked LE first - before she washed them. In my opinion that is why there has been no "interference of investigation" charge against them. Cindy claims she asked LE if they wanted any of the stuff before she cleaned out the car and LE seems to concur with this in that there have been no charges filed. It is in one of the early videos an it may also be in Greta's interview of the Anthonys.

Salem

Wow. I didn't know this. Why would LE let Cindy wash away potential evidence? It doesn't make sense.

I agree with the poster who suggested that the knife was kept in the car to cut pills in half for Caylee.

Salem

Woah, this is shocking news. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I never believed Cindy returned the actual pants anyway.

This is something I was wondering about also, my little granddaughter is her "Dolly's" mama. She plays at being the mama or mommy to her dolly as most little girls do. I don't think she would ever consider that reversal of roles unless she was missing that presence/perception in her daily life. Most little girls are imitating the adults around them i.e. their mommies so I am wondering what is wrong with the role models in this little girl's life that she feels a need to name an inanimate object, her dolly, as "Mama". Probably making something out of nothing but I do find it unusual.
JMO
Savannahanna
Giving my 2 cents which isn't worth much!

I keep wondering about the doll named Mama. I don't speak Spanish, but I am always hearing Hispanic people calling little kids names that sound just like they are saying Moma and Dadi. I think it means my baby or something like that depending on if the child is a girl or boy. I wonder if Casey could have wanted Caylee to name her doll something like this back when she dated Ricardo to impress him.

She screams into the phone that her daughter's damn car smells liek a dead body, she screams that her granddaughter is missing, she then removes only apair of grey pants and a knife, but leaves other items in the car, she takes those items and washes them, she and George search their backyard (for what?). She holds these items and gives the washed items to LE days later.

I think after she realized what was going on - Dead body smell + missing granddaughter + crazy sociopath of a daughter + maggots and flies + foolish story = murdered granddaughter, but it was too late as she had already called th epolice many times in order to SCARE Casey into apologizing and telling her where Caylee was, not once realizing the horror until later and that is when CA and GA instantly switched gears, protect our family and our daughter.

It was my understanding that Cindy washed the items before she located Casey which was, of course, before she learned that Caylee was actually missing and before she made the 911 calls. Cindy offered up the information to LE. She could have just kept her mouth shut and LE would have known nothing about the pants or the knife.

Okay this is too funny so I had to post it somewhere. I was cleaning out my car that my kids and I were sort of living out of(personal items stayed in but we slept on a couch, but we logged many hours hanging out in it to avoid overstaying our welcome). I was in the back seat bagging garbage when low and behold, under the driver's side seat, a butter knife. Have no clue how it got there as we never transported the silverware, nor where any other pieces of silverware in the car to suggest it was part of a meal. Just super funny to me cuz I was like "who the heck carrys a dinner knife in their car??" Well apparently I do.

It just dawned on me that IF Casey was giving Caylee Xanex then she would have a kitchen knife on hand to cut them into sections. They will easily "snap" in to halves, but that would still be way too much for a child, so if she was cutting them into smaller sections this would explain the need for a kitchen knife in the vehicle and would ALSO explain why her parents washed it. Perhaps there were some tell-tell signs ON the knife and pretty as you please they washed them away...The knife has continued to bother me, as no OTHER utensils were recorded as having been found and I DOUBT she stabbed the child and left the knife...So what do you guys think?

It just dawned on me that IF Casey was giving Caylee Xanex then she would have a kitchen knife on hand to cut them into sections. They will easily "snap" in to halves, but that would still be way too much for a child, so if she was cutting them into smaller sections this would explain the need for a kitchen knife in the vehicle and would ALSO explain why her parents washed it. Perhaps there were some tell-tell signs ON the knife and pretty as you please they washed them away...The knife has continued to bother me, as no OTHER utensils were recorded as having been found and I DOUBT she stabbed the child and left the knife...So what do you guys think?
Since,you can snap xanax in 2 especially if they are xannybars. I don't think she would necessarily use a knife for that. Plus you can just wipe it off.... on your pants! lol.

I lean away from the knife being used because i think there would just be more evidence. but then I suppose we have to wait and see if there is.

ETA: I eat in my car all the time so it is full of utensils. I guess that is why I don't see a lot going on with that. I am a bad utensil judge.

Thank you i too have questioned this? Why a Knife, its not useful for eating with. Maybe protection if it were a sharp knife but i have the impression it is more like a "butter knife" ( just my impression, not a fact). I do think its significant or it wouldnt have been "washed".

I think it is a reasonable to assume that Cindy went into the car and grabbed clothing like type stuff and threw it in the wash. She look to be the do it now rather than do it later. The whole RN training kicking in. Make it clean. The knife went in the sink or dishwasher. It appears that she didn't clean everything. There were shoes still in the back of the car when LE came on 7.16 to tow it. I have to wonder if she didn't think about what the smell was or would not allow herself to until she opened the trunk and it hit her smack in the face. By then she may have already started the wash. If she was planning on hiding the fact that maybe something bad had happen in the car then why tell 911 about it. She could have kept her mouth shut and how would LE known. They may have figured out something later but that would have given GA & CA more time to clean really really well.

Are we sure LE towed it on 7/16? I thought CA said they left it there for 2 days. Does anyone know for sure when LE took custody of the car?

This has always bothered me- if "it smells like there's been a dead body in the darn car" - WHY didn't they take it immediately??

was the car in good shape inside? My gf's shifter is all funky so she keeps a knife in the car that slides into an opening that unsticks the shifter.

According to the 400 pager, CA told them about the pants AFTER they had sequestered the car. Not sure why. Maybe the towing guys had mentioned that there was a pair of pants inside?

I'm curious as to why CA cleaned the pants and the knife but chose to leave everything else there. It just seems strange. She left all of Caylee's things. Surely, they smelled too?

The knife could be a suspicious item, but it could also be something for everyday use. I dont think she could need to cut the Xanax, Im prescribed this med and if you put the small pill in your mouth and hold it on your tongue or under, it absorbs and practically melts away, even with out water.

I find it stunning that IF Cindy and George really believe Caylee was kidnapped that they are not kicking themselves in public for cleaning up the car (washing pants, etc.). You did not see them go on the television and say, "We are so upset, someone had stolen our granddaughter, and we unknowingly may have destroyed evidence that would have helped us find her!" :) Because according to Casey's latest version (from LP) of the kidnapping, Casey was with Caylee at Blanchard Park (obviously drove in Casey's car) when Zenaida and the Sippy Cup Gang stole Caylee (leaving Casey with a script).

This is KEY to part of the prosecution IMO, to show how warped Casey is.

She said, in her taped interview, that the last time SHE took Caylee to Blanchard park was in MAY. If Casey wasn't there with Caylee since May... :waitasec:

She must be crapping herself since the taped interrogation came out, oh yeah, that would imply that she actually cares what anyone thinks :bang: :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back