Caseys tax problems exposed..maybe

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was holding the money in trust for her Carole so if he didn't withold the taxes, he's the one in real trouble. Casey was in jail and couldn't spend it.

Uh oh!!

I was thinking that ABC would have furnished that address to the IRS as to where the check was mailed to from their financial reports.

Oh yeah, good point! Or maybe that was the address on the 1099 that ABC issued. Hm. Interesting.

The IRS mailed the lien to Baez's law office. 522 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee.
The IRS must have a 3rd party designee on file that makes him a recipient of IRS correspondence.

:waitasec: I would really like to know where this money went? Why has the State of Florida not investigated where the funds went? Did I miss something? How did Casey go from having $200,000 to having $0? Baez did hardly nothing towards her defense until they filed for her to become indigent. I wonder how the IRS expects Casey to pay this money back or will they go after Baez or whom ever is the designated payee? I know that when it comes to Social Security they make the payee pay back money if they over pay, same as for the IRS in my son's case. He was disable and his payee at the time had to pay back taxes because the payee never reported that he had made some money. Not saying that it is proof that Baez was in charge of the money, but it sure seems that way. Anyone follow what I am saying? Sorry if I sound out of it, been sick and out of it for 2 weeks.

"Snip" WFTV

IRS says Casey owes $68,000 in back taxes

Posted: 12:05 pm EDT May 27, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The lien dates back to 2008. The same year ABC news paid $200,000 for Anthony family home videos. It is unknown if that payment generated the big tax bill.
Full Article: http://www.wftv.com/news/28048740/detail.html

She should have paid the taxes on all that money she received from selling those photos.

Shame shame shame.

Right! And you would think she would have had an attorney who would instruct her to do that before she spent it on the attorney, huh! :rolleyes:

Hey how much of an income from the pics would she have gotten to come up with a $68,000 IRS tab???

I wonder how log it will be till Fla. files for their state taxes?

I don't know, but I think Florida doesn't have a state income tax. Any Foridians want to clear that up?

I don't know, but I think Florida doesn't have a state income tax. Any Foridians want to clear that up?

Correct, az. Florida does not have a state income tax.

No, Florida doesn't have state income tax.

ETA: The ONE day I get off work early & can be online to watch the trial...bad thunderstorms/hail/lightning....#$*^ gotta get off of here. :(

Looks like ICA should have had a CPA on her team as well. (No one else on the DT knew enough about money to consider her tax liability on that transaction? Hmm...) :sheesh:

Good point lynxofsd. That was probably more money than Jose has ever seen from a client. Just saying.
jmo

Will it be admissable in court that she sold pics of Caylee? That won't go down well with the jurors!!!

I don't think it's admissible...
Baez would say she has to defend herself against the big bad government who want to kill her because her dad is throwing her under the bus:maddening:

You're right, of course. I was thinking about a direct deposit into her bank account, but she probably doesn't have one, since she had no income.

I am only guessing but IMO the money was probably put into a separate, probably interest-bearing, escrow account

That would be correct..Florida is 1 of 9 States that does not have State Income Tax..

Florida does not charge a personal income tax. Instead, the state imposes a sales tax and an intangible tax. Much of the intangible tax was discontinued in 2007, but it still exists for leases of government-owned property and on notes secured by a mortgage on Florida real property. Businesses also help fund the state budget, because Florida charges a corporate tax.

Maybe she thought since she didn't have her little tax deduction anymore, that it would exempt her???

I am only guessing but IMO the money was probably put into a separate, probably interest-bearing, escrow account

and therefore the taxes should have been paid.

I know, I know I still haven't gotten over this one yet.

I think JB has a lot of you know what by bringing it out Ricardo received 4,000. I wish the jury could hear all about Jose A. Baez, Esquire.

I've read all of the threads in this and had a bit of a different take on it.

Jose was the one who made the arrangements for the deal that netted her the 200K, which basically paid his fees. Now, he brokered that deal while she was incarcerated. Since the IRS used his address for the tax notice, that would indicate the payee (ABC) provided that information on the 1099 provided to the IRS from the payee (ABC) .......which means that's where the check was sent. '

I believe he is liable for not preserving a tax buffer for Casey’s IRS debt. More importantly, could this present a situation for Jose that the Florida Bar Assn would choose to get involved in? Shooting for the Moon, could he possibly get disbarred for misusing his clients funds?

I guess I'll post this in the lawyer forum as well.

and therefore the taxes should have been paid.

I know, I know I still haven't gotten over this one yet.

I think JB has a lot of you know what by bringing it out Ricardo received 4,000. I wish the jury could hear all about Jose A. Baez, Esquire.

BBM

Yes! And I found it particularly offensive today when he questioned CA about the $20k from ABC and how the A's spent that. I just kept yelling "$20k is only one third of what YOU were supposed to set aside from ICA's deal to pay her taxes!!!!! Man o man JB has a whole lotta nerve.

Is anyone really surprised that Casey is the type of person that would cheat on her taxes? lol

BBM

Yes! And I found it particularly offensive today when he questioned CA about the $20k from ABC and how the A's spent that. I just kept yelling "$20k is only one third of what YOU were supposed to set aside from ICA's deal to pay her taxes!!!!! Man o man JB has a whole lotta nerve.

Yes, JB is a big ol' HYPOCRITE! How dare he make his nasty remarks to Ricardo and Cindy about money made from pictures and/or appearances.

Yes, JB is a big ol' HYPOCRITE! How dare he make his nasty remarks to Ricardo and Cindy about money made from pictures and/or appearances.

So true.

I know Baez isn't responsible for paying Casey's income tax on the picture money. However, Baez was also responsible to pay income tax on it because he received it from Casey as his fee. He needs to pay tax on all income he receives, minus business expenses. So Baez also has an obligation to claim the money on his income tax form too, even if he doesn't have to pay a tax on it because of expenses deducted from the money.

I do hope the IRS checks closely into JB's 2008 income tax, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back