Cause of Death - Charles and Braden Powell **Warning-Graphic Thread**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, there are many people that called about the fire. It's REALLY hard to go back and search for all the videos I watched yesterday of the neighbors talking about the explosions. Maybe the media thread has it? So, neighbors called - thats 1. No doubt in my mind that the social worker called 9-11, none at all - so thats 2.

But, here is a link about the cousins receiving the text and calling 9-11.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/02/06/Powell-family-reacts-to-e-mails/UPI-41801328577662/

I must have gotten the 9-11 calls confused with the voicemails; I bet I read that wrong.
I haven't heard any 9-11 calls in the media.

I know mods have discussed staying on track in this thread, so maybe someone can open a "9-11 call" thread?

I realize there are many 911 calls but we are discussing who made the first one. The 911 calls have not been released but will be soon.

Not sure. The radio report (I posted a link in the thread) from the CPS Director states the case worker beat on the door, then the windows (not sure what she thought that was going to do, especially after detecting the smell of gasoline AND being locked out of the home but whatever), then she went to her car where she had left her phone (another puzzling detail for me) and then called her supervisor (another great big question mark) who then called 911.

Someone posted some kind of rule or something that the social worker's phones are car phones and can't be the kind you carry in your pocket. I totally forgot the reasoning behind that, though, but someone on WS posted it. Also, someone else who interviewed for a sw position was told she had to call her supervisor first in an emergency and never initiate the 911 call herself (which makes no sense to me but I suppose they have some kind of reason for that).

If there is not a 911 call thread, please someone go ahead and open one. This thread is about the COD for Charlie and Braden. :tyou:

Someone posted some kind of rule or something that the social worker's phones are car phones and can't be the kind you carry in your pocket. I totally forgot the reasoning behind that, though, but someone on WS posted it. Also, someone else who interviewed for a sw position was told she had to call her supervisor first in an emergency and never initiate the 911 call herself (which makes no sense to me but I suppose they have some kind of reason for that).

I saw that post regarding the phones and I questioned it then. It's kind of off topic in a way but I really don't think that's protocol. As for calling supervisor before the authorities when a house is on fire.. well, I'm not even going there. All this is, is more or less speculation in trying to make sense of nonsense and this whole situation is just absolute, utter insanity. I guess we will just wait for the official report to come out.

Little ones were still alive after being attacked by monster.
They died of Carbon Dioxide.

How old were they? (sorry)

attachment.php

Braden 5 and Charlie 7 Years Of Age.​

Attachments

• braden-and-charlie-powell (1).jpg
    braden-and-charlie-powell (1).jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 332
House fires caused by gasoline & a match do not cause "instantaneous" explosions to windows. They usually take SOME time to spread. They don't 'explode' or erupt in the BLINK of an eye. They just don't. The location of the bodies, the condition of the bodies doesn't seem to be consistent with an immediate ball of fire and flames. I am not holding anyone responsible other than Josh Powell for what happened. It's not a conspiracy. But common sense tells me that either ALL the details of what happened haven't been released, or what's being released isn't the whole truth. Because what's being reported simply doesn't make sense. 2-3 minutes isn't enough time to execute this crime AND start an instant blaze to a home. And then to be able to recover the bodies in such amazingly good shape is even more perplexing. I don't know. It just isn't adding up for me YET. Anything's possible... but for me it needs to be probable.

I think if he poured enough gasoline around the interior of the house before the boys got there, then the fumes being ignited might very well have caused the explosion. Most of the eyewitnesses described it as an explosion, it was not just a small fire that started and spread, apparently.
Haven't you seen cars burst into flames on impact, which is caused by the gas tank exploding from a spark? It's not the gasoline itself, it's the fumes that cause the explosions. They have pulled bodies out of wreckages of cars that burned, and the bodies were still intact, not blown apart.

Honestly, I think 2-3 minutes is more than adequate. I'm sorry to be so graphic, but three blows of an axe would take seconds, followed by dropping a lighter on the floor. I'd be surprised if the whole thing took more than 30 seconds.

He broke their necks, imo, so they couldn't escape. If they died of carbon monoxide poisoning, that means they were alive in the fire. :mad:

At first I thought the "gas" smell was natural gas, but are we talking gasoline? Or maybe it was both? That would explain the rapid combustion and multiple explosions.

The hatchet (rather than axe) makes me wonder if that was Susan's murder weapon as well. With the hatchet, much more physical force would be needed to kill with, but not if your aim was to incapacitate and leave to suffer and wonder (as in: Mommy in the trunk). I wonder how sharp it had been honed to be? I bet there is a file found amongst the ruins.

Josh lived a coward and died a coward. :dervish: The demons below have a new plaything, I'm sure they'll have a field day with this punk.
:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

MOO

I think the demons had been around Josh for a loooooong time. IMO

Do we know whether the axe strikes severed the spinal cord? I would like to think the blows were in hoped they would not suffer in the fire, but I know better.

Do we know whether the axe strikes severed the spinal cord? I would like to think the blows were in hoped they would not suffer in the fire, but I know better.

I don't think it did. According to information we have, the 'chop wounds' are on the head and neck of one child, and neck of the other. If the spinal cord was severed at neck level, I believe it would be listed as a partial or complete decapitation, and would have been the cause of death--as far as I know, severing the spine at neck level would paralyze the lungs. They wouldn't have been able to inhale carbon monoxide.

Honestly, I don't think Josh was all that concerned with their suffering.

I think part of the reason the bodies were still intact was also the fast response. Yes, the fire burned fast and hot, but it didn't burn long enough to incinerate the bodies. JMO

I think part of the reason the bodies were still intact was also the fast response. Yes, the fire burned fast and hot, but it didn't burn long enough to incinerate the bodies. JMO

After hearing the news about the $7000 withdrawal Josh made prior to the tradgedy I certainly hope they did dna testing to make sure it was Josh in that house. Has anyone heard anything about that? tia

After hearing the news about the $7000 withdrawal Josh made prior to the tradgedy I certainly hope they did dna testing to make sure it was Josh in that house. Has anyone heard anything about that? tia

Nope, haven't heard, but DNA or dental would take some time. Unless he was not burned and his face was recognizable....

Honestly, I think 2-3 minutes is more than adequate. I'm sorry to be so graphic, but three blows of an axe would take seconds, followed by dropping a lighter on the floor. I'd be surprised if the whole thing took more than 30 seconds.

I was under the impression that the entire time from when the social worker left the door it was 2 minutes.. that was being reported on NG and JVM
HOWEVER
The 911 tapes the social worker clearly states that it has been about TEN minutes .. that she tried to get in the door.. and the call before the explosion was a good 3 minutes or more ( I would have to go back and get a exact time of duration of call)

911 call states that she (social worker) heard one of the boys crying..

It was more than 2 minutes.. I was under that assumption also until I heard the 911 calls.. which makes this that much more sad.. if there can be such a thing.. ten minutes.. that means those boys either got an earfull from father, a reason why and what was going to happen, and perhaps they lie there with the hatchet wounds for several minutes before the explsion...

I can only hope at this point that the boys were face down and did not see that hatchet coming at them.

I got the impression that the woman supervising the visit was quite familiar with JP and knew very well that he was the one at the door who took the kids inside.

Who knows what the criteria is for being a contracted case worker hired by the state? What training is required and involved? What sort of certification do you have to have? I want to know as an FYI. I'm curious. PS.. it's pretty bad when the government has to hire private agencies to help manage their case loads and accommodate the PARENTS of these kids that are being neglected and/or in danger. What is going on here?? Since when do INEPT parents dictate when and where SUPERVISED visitation takes place? I am simply livid - over it all.

In Missouri, in the case of my ex-boyfriend, there is no criteria other than both parties had to agree on who would supervise. They chose a woman who used to babysit for their daughter. The two parties also had to pay her (the supervisor). The supervisor was not hired by the state, but by the individual parties in the custody case.

The supervised visits were in the home for a while. Then they arranged to have them at the juvenile center. At that time, the supervisor was a county worker. Again, both parties had to pay for the time that was spent at the facilities.

I got the impression that the woman supervising the visit was quite familiar with JP and knew very well that he was the one at the door who took the kids inside.

Oh yes, I agree with you on that, but could he have run out the back door? Probably not because someone would see him. But, this thought has been nagging at me since I heard about it. Then the money, well, just got me concerned more. Has there been any mention of a funeral for him? tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back