Cause of Death - Charles and Braden Powell **Warning-Graphic Thread**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well as we can see from the conflicting media reports, this isn't a clear cut case and vital details ARE missing. No doubt sleuthing minds will keep on top of this one until we know all there is to know. I can accept things I don't agree with but I can't accept what I don't logically understand. Why it happened and how to prevent it from happening again will come later but there's still much to learn from this tragedy. We can all agree it should have never happened and it didn't have to.

Josh was a sick; sick man that I hope he will rot in eternal hell for that. I'm going to puke.

Me too Roselvr. I could not post at all about this case yesterday. Stunned and without words. I know that the courts do the best they can...but frankly, they failed these children by not having supervised visits in public locations. They really should not have had visitation at all. I am just sick.

We discuss things to attempt to make ourselves understand someone would could do something like this, it's like attempting to walk in the shoes of a maniac, that's a difficult thing to do, I know I can't.

Was it reported that she smelled it all the way from the car? The boys were ahead of her when they reached the door, they weren't arm in arm.
Once they reached the door, the boys were taken in and the door locked on her.

IIRC it was reported that's when she smelled the gas, as she went to the door. Too late as the boys were already taken inside.

JMHO

I'm not sure if he can outrun a 7 year old, but we could let this guy handle doors at supervised visitations.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SFXQfE4kk"]Obama Kicks Door Open - YouTube[/ame]

I'm just not sure what this social worker is supposed to have done to prevent this act of evil.

I'm not sure if he can outrun a 7 year old, but we could let this guy handle doors at supervised visitations.

Obama Kicks Door Open - YouTube

I'm just not sure what this social worker is supposed to have done to prevent this act of evil.

NOTHING!! There isn't anything more that she could have done, if he would have pulled her in the door too, she would have been another statistic.

IDK Doc, but according to this, that's what the Fire Chief said:

That one had me scratching my head.........for a minute or two then I looked at the article.

The article is written by an unnamed author, then an unnamed AP reporter states the fire chief says that without any quotes.

At this point and time I go with the lead detective and hearing his own words saying what happened. Since he says they were all 3 on the porch at the same time that fact means it is true or he is not telling the truth. I don't see him lying or having any reason to lie.

I can and will blame no person but JP for this sick and depraved act on his own little children.
If it had been a visit at the park...or McDonalds...or the church in which he and Susan were married...he would have made the death of his children happen.
This was the worst thing he could do to her parents and other supporters of Susan. Kill them...if I can't have them...no one will!
He has also broken the hearts of people who cared...the social worker (who will never be the same) law enforcement and other community residents who cared.
This is the saddest time. My heart breaks. I would like to support the people who tried, the people who care and those precious souls. Things can be better but we have to enact new legistion for that purpose. It is horrible that these injustices toward innocents need to happen before appropriate action is taken.
Josh may be in hell but we are all living it as each day seems to bring new news about evil such as this.
Sad, as a word, does not describe our world right now. Our world is out of its mind!

Again, the people who got his email called 911. I posted a link. I just don't think it makes much sense for him to send emails and voicemails before children showed up because his plans could have been ruined if the people who got his e-mails called 911 before the children were delivered to his house. But maybe that's what he did, I don't know. But since he made such detailed plans it makes no sense to me that he would.

There are several ways to delay the delivery of emails.. One of the ways is included in Outlook.. Simply schedule the sending of it.. Or, if he was using an online mail program, same thing; simply schedule the time you want the mails to be sent. He didn't have to sit and type out any of those emails right before the boys arrived. He could have written them out the day before and simply scheduled the sending of the emails. Gmail even has the ability of delaying the sending of emails. He knew in advance the approximate time the boys and the case worker would arrive. IMO, the mails were sent from an external source such as Gmail or perhaps his ISP has a web based email program with the scheduling ability.. It couldn't have been sent from the "home computer" because the "home computer" would have been destroyed in the explosion and fire and nothing would have been sent.

That one had me scratching my head.........for a minute or two then I looked at the article.

The article is written by an unnamed author, then an unnamed AP reporter states the fire chief says that without any quotes.

At this point and time I go with the lead detective and hearing his own words saying what happened. Since he says they were all 3 on the porch at the same time that fact means it is true or he is not telling the truth. I don't see him lying or having any reason to lie.

I'm not sure of your thinking on this point, but if she was on the porch while the door was open, it seems to me that it would make her smelling the gas that much more likely and credible. If you pour 5 gallons of gas on the living room carpet/furniture/walls of that little house, I gotta believe the smell on the porch, through an open door, would be overpowering.

Unless the social worker could whip this 's azz, there probably wasn't a lot that could have been done to prevent his shutting and locking the door, either.

I don't know where the story is coming from that says the kids ran ahead of the CPS lady.

The head detective in the case says they did not run ahead of her. They were all on the porch and Josh let the boys in and shut the door on her. There was no running ahead.

You can hear him say it here.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=38755&p=&n=AudioClip

Thanks for the link. I think he explains it well.

Running ahead of her or all of them having gone up at the same time doesn't change that the boys were in front of her as they approached the door and went into the house, JP pushed her back and locks the door. She smells gas at that point but not much she could do being locked out.

The casewoker, first banging to get in, he says that she tried to call 911, trying to alert neighbors, everything transpired very quickly. Whether there was a difference of a minute or two in the early reporting doesn't really change anything.

Also it doesn't sound like the house immediately explodes as soon as he set the fire, but became an instant fireball, the explosion certainly could have happened just moments later. It looked to be a small home, with all that gasoline, the windows closed it wouldn't take very long for it to erupt into an explosion.

JMHO

Thread topic:

Cause of Death-Charles and Braden Powell. **Warning-Graphic Thread**

Please bump the correct topical thread or generate a new one to discuss the emails or timelines. Neither one has any relevance regarding the discussion of the CODs of Charlie and Braden.

:tyou:

I'm not sure of your thinking on this point, but if she was on the porch while the door was open, it seems to me that it would make her smelling the gas that much more likely and credible. If you pour 5 gallons of gas on the living room carpet/furniture/walls of that little house, I gotta believe the smell on the porch, through an open door, would be overpowering.

Unless the social worker could whip this 's azz, there probably wasn't a lot that could have been done to prevent his shutting and locking the door, either.

I agree. I think it is very possible she smelled the gas then. I can see him standing outside waiting for them if he had already poured the gas then opening the door and keeping one hand high up on the jamb, ushering the kids in but keeping the lady out as he stepped in.

How were the bodies recovered intact? Any thoughts? From the inferno seen on TV, I don't understand how it was possible - especially tiny bodies with not much soft tissue by virtue of their size and weight.

How were the bodies recovered intact? Any thoughts? From the inferno seen on TV, I don't understand how it was possible - especially tiny bodies with not much soft tissue by virtue of their size and weight.

The flames shoot up and the bodies are on the ground?

I couldn't find where it was reported exactly how the bodies were found, is there a link?

From the videos, the bodies were brought out on stretchers and still seemed to be "intact". In other words, they were not just bones under the blankets.

That leads me to think that the house was doused around the inside edges, by the time they got to the bodies, the fire had not reached them completely. Just guessing here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back