• Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, one the video she says she wants things done 'respectfully', hasn't that ship sailed?
OK, I do feel sort of sorry for them.

I understand what you are saying, but the thing is, Casey was once a little girl too, just like Caylee, and for whatever reason (and most of us think that it's due to parental responsibility) now she's "broke"! Now, I'm NOT trying to excuse her or take any responsibility from her for the mess she's in now, but if she has something wrong with her, or if it's even just that she was raised to be the way she is, then it just seems a bit unfair to me that suddenly she is being hung out to dry ALL BY HERSELF in this! I DO NOT condone the things she has done, I REPEAT, I DO NOT CONDONE THE THINGS SHE HAS DONE! But it seems that a lot of people are saying that since she has some "disorder" or that she wasn't raised to behave differently than she does, then she should just be tossed aside and forgotten! I just think that is sooo sad! It makes me almost as sad for her as it does for little Caylee. I know that Caylee is a complete innocent and doesn't deserve any of this, but if Casey is so screwed up by no fault of her own, then she (IMO) needs help instead of hatred! And as always, this is JMHO

I would love to get into a discussion with you about this but it really does belong in the mental illness thread not here in the "general discussion" thread. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do.. I'm simply trying to keep this thread from getting clogged up.

Again, I would love to discuss the entire nature/nurture and punishment/treatment issues you bring up- I have lots of opinions on 'em and could talk about it for weeks! So I hope I see ya over on the other thread!
:)

Was that Lee that grabed Cindy and drug her into the garage.

i agree with what you are saying...to a certain degree. if casey needs help, then by all means, she should get it. if she is too sick to actually have the capacity to know right from wrong, then she deserves professional care. i cannot, however, be as sad for casey as caylee. casey is a grown woman, she makes her own decisions, she has free will and choice. her parents, while a tad crazy, are not evil (from what we know, at least). she has lied to everyone for years. she has no discipline. i really don't think casey is, by definition, insane. i think she is selfish and takes no responsibility for her actions. this time, though, she may not be able to help it when the state imposes responsibility directly upon her...

Amen!

I wonder if The National Enquirer could help with this case. I'm not kidding. I'm serious. They can sure find hidden things.
The Nat Inquirer was the team that broke John Edwards affair. I hope they are in Orlando investigating too.

so did you guys see that interview with Cindy I mentioned? I'm guessing it's new....I hadn't seen it, but I could have missed it...and she says that if news stations air george getting upset then she will no longer do anymore interviews with that station.

http://www.wesh.com/video/index.html

thanks for the link, I was hoping someone would post it!

so did you guys see that interview with Cindy I mentioned? I'm guessing it's new....I hadn't seen it, but I could have missed it...and she says that if news stations air george getting upset then she will no longer do anymore interviews with that station.

http://www.wesh.com/video/index.html

TY for that link. I think Cindy, George and Lee have been doing the best they can under the circumstances. Why in the world LE waited so long to take all this evidence Cindy has is perlexing?

Thanks, I can't listen, my audio is on the fritz. Interesting that the stations all ran it anyways.

Well so far, the only station airing George fuming with the press was CH 6. Wesh Ch2 that aired the interview of Cindy saying that anyone who airs George reflecting his emotions will lose further interviews with her has NOT added it to their website.

I honestly feel that most sociopath's are like pedophiles. There is no helping them, there is only protecting the innocent from them.

What did Cindy mean on the video when she said that George was angry because "things were coming to a head"?

George's truck was not visible in the garage

That was Lee that pulled Cindy away.

I understand what you are saying, but the thing is, Casey was once a little girl too, just like Caylee, and for whatever reason (and most of us think that it's due to parental responsibility) now she's "broke"! Now, I'm NOT trying to excuse her or take any responsibility from her for the mess she's in now, but if she has something wrong with her, or if it's even just that she was raised to be the way she is, then it just seems a bit unfair to me that suddenly she is being hung out to dry ALL BY HERSELF in this! I DO NOT condone the things she has done, I REPEAT, I DO NOT CONDONE THE THINGS SHE HAS DONE! But it seems that a lot of people are saying that since she has some "disorder" or that she wasn't raised to behave differently than she does, then she should just be tossed aside and forgotten! I just think that is sooo sad! It makes me almost as sad for her as it does for little Caylee. I know that Caylee is a complete innocent and doesn't deserve any of this, but if Casey is so screwed up by no fault of her own, then she (IMO) needs help instead of hatred! And as always, this is JMHO

I don't believe sociopaths are created by their families or their upbringing therefore I cannot under any circumstances view Casey as "screwed up by no fault of her own". And what 'help' would you suggest she get? Just because there are psychological diagnoses that can classify her behavior doesn't mean that there is a cure for it. And it certainly doesn't mean she is not responsible for her actions--which IS what you are saying, IMO, despite your protests to the contrary.

B/c everyone was once 'little' for heaven's sake. It does not mean that they are not responsible for crimes they commit as an adult.

And I am a liberal who does NOT believe in the death penalty. I do, however, believe in justice, accountability and personal responsibility.

ETA: Sorry, I'm a new poster. Didn't realize this was the wrong thread to discuss this in.

Well so far, the only station airing George fuming with the press was CH 6. Wesh Ch2 that aired the interview of Cindy saying that anyone who airs George reflecting his emotions will lose further interviews with her has NOT added it to their website.

WFTV has it as well. I don't think I've seen it on Fox.

just looked this up, as different states have different legal definitions for insanity. florida is more complex than many - here, you need: 1) to have a mental disease AND 2) not know right from wrong or not know what you were doing during the alleged act.

FLORIDA Title XLVI CRIMES
Chapter 775 DEFINITIONS; GENERAL PENALTIES; REGISTRATION OF CRIMINALS

775.027 Insanity defense.--

(1) AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE.--All persons are presumed to be sane. It is an affirmative defense to a criminal prosecution that, at the time of the commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendant was insane. Insanity is established when:

(a) The defendant had a mental infirmity, disease, or defect; and

(b) Because of this condition, the defendant:

1. Did not know what he or she was doing or its consequences; or

2. Although the defendant knew what he or she was doing and its consequences, the defendant did not know that what he or she was doing was wrong.

Mental infirmity, disease, or defect does not constitute a defense of insanity except as provided in this subsection.

(2) BURDEN OF PROOF.--The defendant has the burden of proving the defense of insanity by clear and convincing evidence.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/crimes/775.027.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member