Caylee may be cremated

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I never said Catholic Church would not allow it, I said my husband's family as many other Catholics consider it a sin. Just because the church allows it that does not mean they approve of it. Until recently it had to be "special circumstances" just like JFK.

The Church no longer forbids the practice of cremation, but Doesn't Allow The Scattering of Cremated Remains. You can't store Grandma on the mantel or scatter your father's ashes across the 13th green of his favorite golf course," advises Father Peter Polando, canon lawyer and pastor of St. Matthias Parish in Youngstown, Ohio. "The Church has strong feelings about the fact that this body has been a temple of the Holy Spirit and requires a proper burial as a result."

Miss Turbo - I knew exactly what you were saying and I was hoping to be supportive of what you were saying by giving an example of when a high profile Catholic did it on approval of the Church - like everyone else probably. (sigh)

What a vision :(

But they cant say "we are going to pulverize her"

so they are opting for the word Cremate. It means that they will get her ashes
Otherwise they would have to put her in a coffin dig 6 ft and bury her

Hi Jane, I don't think it is as bad as it sounds.

# One, It doesn't matter what form her remains ha*e as they are still Caylee's. Fore*er.

If this doctor or whoe*er he is says they pul*erize the bones, they aren't e*en burned. They are freshly ground and basic, just what is left of our girl.

And remember Jane, the people who carry out this task are good people, professional, and who take e*ery care to e*erything perfectly. If I thought differently I would tell you.

Sometimes in life we ha*e to simply trust that what is right will be done. Caylee was called back way before her time on earth. I think anyone who will be dealing with her remains will understand that and gi*e her extra grace. It is what I hope for, and thus ha*e to belie*e.

Thanks Jane for all the input you gi*e here on Caylee's forum. I am newly back to WS, busy with Sleuthing Madeleine's case. But belie*e me, I would hate to e*er miss a post of yours. xox

Again, sorry for all the *'s. That dern letter just died :eek:

# One, It doesn't matter what form her remains ha*e as they are still Caylee's. Fore*er.

If this doctor or whoe*er he is says they pul*erize the bones, they aren't e*en burned. They are freshly ground and basic, just what is left of our girl.

And remember Jane, the people who carry out this task are good people, professional, and who take e*ery care to e*erything perfectly. If I thought differently I would tell you.

Sometimes in life we ha*e to simply trust that what is right will be done. Caylee was called back way before her time on earth. I think anyone who will be dealing with her remains will understand that and gi*e her extra grace. It is what I hope for, and thus ha*e to belie*e.

Thanks Jane for all the input you gi*e here on Caylee's forum. I am newly back to WS, busy with Sleuthing Madeleine's case. But belie*e me, I would hate to e*er miss a post of yours. xox

Really ?

Wow thats a very nice thing to say :blowkiss::

Thank you Scandi x

Okay folks, I went to a teaching lecture tonight by Dr. William Bass of The Body Farm fame. He is not only the leading Forensic Anthropologist in the US ( and most likely the world) he is also the leading Physical Anthropologist & Osteology. (look it up, to much to explain here)

The lecture was on "Cremation". Good timing. Some of the things reviewed were:
*Weight of remains after cremation - 5-7 lbs. *not measured in pounds normally
*It takes about 1 1/2 hours to cremate an average body (more if they are skinny)
*Some crematoriums will not cremate persons over 300lbs because the fat in the body can cause a fire. (now that is funny)
*Australia has the highest cremation rates - Their crematoriums burn 24 hours a day-7 days a week.
*The South has the lowest cremation rate with California & the North West being the highest rate.
*The majority of bones were still identifiable after cremation and do not burn. They take a large magnet to remove any metal from the body (replaced parts) and then run the bones through a pulverizer which some call a hammer mill. Some older crematoriums use a "rake" to pulverize the bones.

I asked Dr. Bass if there were only skeletal remains would they be cremated. He said that would be foolish as they would still be pretty much the same after the cremation except the DNA would be ruined. He said they are normally just run through the hammer mill and buried. I asked specifically about a child's bones next. He then showed a slide of what looked like a large cast iron dutch oven bottom and said that is what is normally used to cremate a child. He said you could put the bones in it, but they would pretty much still be there and and have to be pulverized just like in cremation.

So WHY would they cremate the bones? Is anyone sure that is true?

I asked the owner of a crematorium in New Jersey the same question about cremating the skeletonized remains of a child and he said that they would have to be cremated as bones not heated in a retort, would clog the pulverizer.

Maybe off subject but a really good read on the social, religious and cultural aspects of cadaver research
and burial vs. cremation. Dr. Bass is also featured in several case studies.
stiff_large.jpg

could t the smoke & mirrors of cremation vs. burial, grieving grandparents.[/QUOTE]

But,if KC is not convicted, if she is set free, there's still no double indemnity, if guilt is found ten years from now, due to evolved forensic technique.

Thee is also the fact that Caylee isn't there. We show respect for the remains, because they symbolize the child. But, Caylee has long left them.

Okay folks, I went to a teaching lecture tonight by Dr. William Bass of The Body Farm fame. He is not only the leading Forensic Anthropologist in the US ( and most likely the world) he is also the leading Physical Anthropologist & Osteology. (look it up, to much to explain here)

The lecture was on "Cremation". Good timing. Some of the things reviewed were:
*Weight of remains after cremation - 5-7 lbs. *not measured in pounds normally
*It takes about 1 1/2 hours to cremate an average body (more if they are skinny)
*Some crematoriums will not cremate persons over 300lbs because the fat in the body can cause a fire. (now that is funny)
*Australia has the highest cremation rates - Their crematoriums burn 24 hours a day-7 days a week.
*The South has the lowest cremation rate with California & the North West being the highest rate.
*The majority of bones were still identifiable after cremation and do not burn. They take a large magnet to remove any metal from the body (replaced parts) and then run the bones through a pulverizer which some call a hammer mill. Some older crematoriums use a "rake" to pulverize the bones.

I asked Dr. Bass if there were only skeletal remains would they be cremated. He said that would be foolish as they would still be pretty much the same after the cremation except the DNA would be ruined. He said they are normally just run through the hammer mill and buried. I asked specifically about a child's bones next. He then showed a slide of what looked like a large cast iron dutch oven bottom and said that is what is normally used to cremate a child. He said you could put the bones in it, but they would pretty much still be there and and have to be pulverized just like in cremation. remate

So WHY would they cremate the bones? Is any one sure that is true?

Thet are not the same. I have interred cremains. It's mineral dust. No bones.

I also think that there are state laws requiring that one either bury or cremate. One cannot just out the bones on the mantle.

Miss Turbo - I knew exactly what you were saying and I was hoping to be supportive of what you were saying by giving an example of when a high profile Catholic did it on approval of the Church - like everyone else probably. (sigh)

I believe KC was allowed to attend a Baptist Church, because that was her faith. Perhaps Caylee was also intended to be raised a Baptist.

The cremated remains I have personally handled were the size of a large 73 year old man. Remains were just a few pounds - maybe 5. They looked like dust/ash with a few bone pieces in them. It wasn't creepy. He was placed in a biodegradable urn and buried at sea.

In the case of a 6 year old who was murdered, her remains were obviously much smaller and her parents keep them in an urn in the house.

I'm sorry but if my child or grandchild was murdered and I had nothing to do with the murder, I sure as heck would not be thinking about cremating her remains.

What are they going to do when Casey is found not guilty and the real killer(s) are arrested and charged with murder.

The real killer(s) attorneys will have a field day, with the fact, the remains are no longer available to examine. All because of potential grave robbers. :rolleyes:

ETA: The real killer(s) are on a siesta w/O.J. & Scott's ATM :crazy:

I never said Catholic Church would not allow it, I said my husband's family as many other Catholics consider it a sin. Just because the church allows it that does not mean they approve of it. Until recently it had to be "special circumstances" just like JFK.

The Church no longer forbids the practice of cremation, but Doesn't Allow The Scattering of Cremated Remains. You can't store Grandma on the mantel or scatter your father's ashes across the 13th green of his favorite golf course," advises Father Peter Polando, canon lawyer and pastor of St. Matthias Parish in Youngstown, Ohio. "The Church has strong feelings about the fact that this body has been a temple of the Holy Spirit and requires a proper burial as a result."

But, KC is supposedly a Baptist.

Where's the Catholic stuff coming from?

I grew up on the East Coast. I have not met many people who were Irish or Italian that weren't raised Catholic. George is of Irish/Italian descent...This is the way things were 50 years ago.

Of course there can be an exception and many change religions as they grow older, but I would bet George started out as that.

I grew up on the East Coast. I have not met many people who were Irish or Italian that weren't raised Catholic. George is of Irish/Italian descent...This is the way things were 50 years ago.

Of course there can be an exception and many change religions as they grow older, but I would bet George started out as that.

My husband and his whole family are very Irish/Catholic and yes, they are very into the old ways as far as burying goes. The church still requires the remains be buried, even if they allow the cremation.

According to my DH, there is no such thing as an ex-Catholic because it is so ingrained in his long family history. LOL Of course he did go to all Catholic schools even all the way through college.

He calls himself "A Recovering Catholic." ROFL!!!

There is a lot I don't know about the Catholic Church and most I received by osmosis from his very large family, but I do know there are true traditional Catholics who still hold to the original articles of the doctrines.

Thet are not the same. I have interred cremains. It's mineral dust. No bones.

I also think that there are state laws requiring that one either bury or cremate. One cannot just out the bones on the mantle.

If you have interred cremains, then you, like everyone else, received them after they were put through the hammer mill. Bones DO NOT burn and have to be pulverized prior to giving the ashes to the family.

If GA is Catholic, they cannot "set the bones" on the mantle anyway. The ashes and./or bones have to be buried.

There is no law requiring pulverized bones from being placed in an urn (and on display if someone desired) Why would there be? You can set your loved one's skull on the mantle if you so desire. It is rather grotesque, but not illegal.

I'm too am Irish-Catholic and know exactly what your husband means when he calls himself a recovering Catholic. I feel the same way...lol

There aren't many crematoriums that are still using the hammer mill.
They were finding that there were too many cremains left over to fit in the standard urns, so most are using the pulverizer instead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back