CBS - 48 Hours - Buried Truth episode 12 November 2016 - 9pm central

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FWIW, when I was a small child (about 3 or 4?) I locked myself in the bathroom (older home with the those deadlock type locks on the doors) and the fire department is who came to get me out. They were in their full gear. I have vague memories of it. They thought they might have to go in through the window with a ladder (upstairs bathroom) but one of the firemen talked to me through the door and finally talked me through unlocking the door.

Skibs you can talk about it because you saw it with your own eyes. But can't post the SS unless MSM has.

Maybe she did call the fire department when TK went missing as a toddler. It would have been pre 911 most likely. Most people would call the police but we aren't talking about Madame Curie here.
Something that has bothered me is the list of customers provided by the family of SP. TK was on it. Did i hear it right, that he was a highlighted customer on the list? Meaning I suppose the family thought he should be checked out? I am not understanding that. The person who left right before the shooting said another man was in the store looking at one of the super bikes and he thought it strange since the man appeared to have little or no knowledge of motorcycles. It is assumed this last customer was TK. We know TK's mom said he was embarrassed at the store because he could not ride well and fell over. So did that happen on an earlier trip to the store? What had he bought before to be on a list and what happened that made him stick out? You would think the police would at least do a background check on the "highlighted" customers. 14 years for a felony kidnapping seems to be a red flag to me. Did i misunderstand the thing about the list?

I'm not sure who highlighted the 15 names on the list but I thought it was the police when I read that in the news. I thought perhaps LE highlighted everyone with a criminal record or who knew the victims well. Then they worked on interviewing them but they never got around to interviewing TK. It's also possible that they looked at his past conviction--kidnapping when he was 15-- and without looking any further assumed that did not fit with the MO or someone who would kill 4 people. Don't misunderstand me, I think it is inexcusable that the police did not at least interview every customer on the list once. But I see how it could have happened. They started with those closest to the victims and they camped there when the whole DNA debacle happened.

As far as the incident where TK fell down, I thought I read that happened 2 weeks prior to his going back to shoot everyone. He may have gone into the store to pretend to look at another bike with the premeditated plan to get revenge and was waiting for that other customer to leave before he did that OR he may have gone in again and they may have laughed at him again in a good-natured way and he flipped to anger and killed them. I tend to think it was the first scenario, however. I think he planned to go back and kill them after they laughed at him. JMO.

I have a SS from his FB (messenger) where he states it too. Just wondering if I can post it?

Wow! Perhaps that is true? It was revealed TK never did a background check to get his weapons cache. Could he have really gotten all those guns from his father?

I just went back and rewatched both parts of the raw video of mom's interview with the local tv station. I thought it strange when she said her parents didn't want her to have Todd. They didn't want her to have any children at all.

Makes me wonder why?

WOW, I didn't catch that!
I was wondering if maybe his mother may have tied him up at some point. She did say she had a hard time controlling him, well that may have at one time been a solution for her. Chain him up, lock him in his room.

He knows how awful and demeaning he felt by her doing that, so he inflicted it on his victims.

Another thing....the guy doing the interviewing, he really seemed h e ll bent on finding out if KB has been sexually assaulted...that didn't sit well with me.

Skibs you can talk about it because you saw it with your own eyes. But can't post the SS unless MSM has.

Thanks tlcya. I just went and re-read the rules you posted and realised it was a no.

The gist is he blamed the 1986 charge on the fact 'they' (whoever they are) wanted his daddy gone because he was an arms dealer., and he just sat her down for a talk....

Blame daddy

It's always someone elses fault. Same as Mom is doing now.

Maybe she did call the fire department when TK went missing as a toddler. It would have been pre 911 most likely. Most people would call the police but we aren't talking about Madame Curie here.
Something that has bothered me is the list of customers provided by the family of SP. TK was on it. Did i hear it right, that he was a highlighted customer on the list? Meaning I suppose the family thought he should be checked out? I am not understanding that. The person who left right before the shooting said another man was in the store looking at one of the super bikes and he thought it strange since the man appeared to have little or no knowledge of motorcycles. It is assumed this last customer was TK. We know TK's mom said he was embarrassed at the store because he could not ride well and fell over. So did that happen on an earlier trip to the store? What had he bought before to be on a list and what happened that made him stick out? You would think the police would at least do a background check on the "highlighted" customers. 14 years for a felony kidnapping seems to be a red flag to me. Did i misunderstand the thing about the list?

Police Mishandled Investigation of 2003 Quadruple Homicide Linked to Serial Killer Suspect: Victims’ Families

http://people.com/crime/police-mish...ed-to-serial-killer-suspect-victims-families/

<BBM>

Todd Kohlhepp&#8217;s name was one of 15 highlighted on a list provided to police of 400 customers of the business, but that the 45-year-old real estate agent was never questioned.

Perceived Hypothesis? Was retired FBI BSU/BAU John Douglas's extremely accurate profile disregarded? This is why many stranger/slight acquaintance abductions and homicides grow cold. Perceived hypothesis is also why the Adam Walsh case went cold for 3 decades...and there are over 200,000 unsolved homicides in the US since 1980...

In 2004 retired FBI profiler and pioneer of the BSU/BAU John Douglas prepared a profile of the unknown suspect/s in the SC Super Bike Murders case and their likely motive for the 4 murders; 'Killer Profiled as an angry man' -

Killer profiled as angry gunman

A nationally known criminal profiler, author and former FBI agent said Thursday that one person shot and killed the four victims at Superbike Motorsports near Chesnee last year.

John Douglas described a trail of death after reviewing the file from Spartanburg County sheriff's investigators.

He said the killer acting alone fits the mold of a disgruntled customer or someone who wanted to get back at one of the victims.
http://www.goupstate.com/news/20041105/killer-profiled-as-angry-gunman

Another thing....the guy doing the interviewing, he really seemed h e ll bent on finding out if KB has been sexually assaulted...that didn't sit well with me.

RSBM

Normally, I would agree that it's in poor taste to ask about those things but I had a different take on why the interviewer asked that question. TK's mother is making it sound like Todd had no ill-intentions and no premeditation involved in holding KB captive. She laid it all out that he took care of her while he held her- he fed her, gave her something to sleep on and tried to make her comfortable while he tried (for 2 months) to figure out what to do with her. This is his mother's story. This is what she is claiming-- that it was not as bad as it sounds and her son is not a monster. IMO, the reporter was right to confront TK's mother with that question. She HAS to know that her son has a preoccupation with sex. He was CONVICTED of RAPE when he was 15. It was in his evaluation paperwork from the 80's too. Further, it was mentioned in interviews with coworkers that he openly watched *advertiser censored* on his computer as clients came in and out of his RE offices. So he had NOT changed since he was 15. How can she be in so much denial about what he did to KB? If there is never any additional sexual charge against him I will eat my words but it is inconceivable to me that his mother believes TK when he told her he didn't harm KB. This is beyond denial, IMO.

I worked in bike shops and we would get customers who could not ride well or at all but wanted to learn.Bike shop's also sell 3 and 4 wheelers that many people with a large property would use,so he might have needed motor oil or parts and bought them from this shop.
I want to mention that all bike shops have regular customers who come just to hang out and talk it is like guy's and garages,a lot of kidding goes on but it is all in fun.
A year before the bike shootings I worked in one shop in parts room right behind counter,it had no exit and was a small room.I stacked all the boxes of motor oil in such a way that I could crawl inside to hide incase of a shooting.When I heard about this on the news it was very upsetting.

I am sure TK told his mom that people embarrassed him and had smart mouths and he shot them for it. I guess that makes sense to her. I just wonder what he told her made him kidnap and rape his 14 year old neighbor. I do not buy the fell over and they laughed story. I think we will never really find out, but there is much more to that story. For all we know he tried to rob them and it went real bad. I do not think Charlie smarted off to him either. I think he had it all planned. I guess his whining always worked on mommy. But he clearly has a dark soul and it was not about embarrassment.

Was the only "proof" he gave the sheriff that he committed the murders, the single shot to the foreheads of each victim? If that's the case then I'm certain the friend that found them dead noticed the single shot to their foreheads and I'm certain the immediate family members of the victims would have seen that in their autopsy reports. Surely this has been discussed over the years to others that live there and easily TK could have found out this fact. Hopefully there is more "proof" that he committed the murders so he isn't recanting his confession later. Meanwhile a killer would still be walking free.

Was the only "proof" he gave the sheriff that he committed the murders, the single shot to the foreheads of each victim? If that's the case then I'm certain the friend that found them dead noticed the single shot to their foreheads and I'm certain the immediate family members of the victims would have seen that in their autopsy reports. Surely this has been discussed over the years to others that live there and easily TK could have found out this fact. Hopefully there is more "proof" that he committed the murders so he isn't recanting his confession later. Meanwhile a killer would still be walking free.
Honestly, I think they have their guy. I wasn't so sure at first, but after finding out he had just bought a motorcycle from there 2 or 3 weeks before the murder......I believe it.

Do the families get to see autopsy reports in a case that's still open? And the friend that found them knew they had been shot, but the 911 call didn't sound like he got super close or examined them closely. He just said there was a lot of blood. I can see nobody knowing that exact detail.

And the idea that he killed them simply because they teased him once during a visit to the store seems pretty petty to be coming back to the store to carry out four murders in broad daylight. Seems to me if he actually did commit these murders, it was for something more than being teased. Could you image the death toll if he killed everyone that slightly upset him from 2003 up until now? I'm just not buying that motive.

When someone has the personality issues TK has, even a giggle from behind that is completely unrelated to him can take on a significance in his mind.

I doubt very much that CDC had a "mouth and got smart with him" as well. I am sure in TK's convoluted mind that is a fact. But I highly doubt the bike shop guys were bullying and making fun of him or that CDC got mouthy or whatever his version of events explains killing the Coxies.

By making excuses for TK and his horrible acts his entire life, his mother has only served to convince him that others might view his BS excuses as viable. They are glaringly not.

MaybeTK tried to pass a bad check and telecheck caught him. Perhaps they threatened to call the cops and he shot his way out of there. I mean he would be headed to prison since he was on probation still wasn't he? Not sure about that. But i could see him going off if he thought he was about to be arrested. He might have grabbed the check before he left.

I think RT, once again, only gave the snapshot of the story she wanted us to hear. IMO, she was seeking attention and if he really was missing, she needed it to appear as though she had exhausted all resources trying to find him so that she was a good mother. (much like all the counseling she got him) Was he really in a clothes hamper? What if it was more of a clothes chute and she knew he was there, possibly stuck in the wall? Then it would make sense to call the fire department as it would be a rescue situation. She may also be catching on that the media has already accessed many records and they found this call to the fire department, she needed to explain. IMO, they both have been caught in so many lies that it's really hard to believe anything at this point.

FWIW, when I was a small child (about 3 or 4?) I locked myself in the bathroom (older home with the those deadlock type locks on the doors) and the fire department is who came to get me out. They were in their full gear. I have vague memories of it. They thought they might have to go in through the window with a ladder (upstairs bathroom) but one of the firemen talked to me through the door and finally talked me through unlocking the door.

Moms physical appearance to me is dry mouth and dry eye caused by psych meds, underscoring that I do not know she that takes those meds BUT have seen such many times in the past with those who are, along with her "bobbly" movements.

Also, what REALLY surprised me is that TK was being raised with THREE very young step-siblings (step-fathers children) per mom's interview. They were secretly whisked away, but made me wonder how those poor little tykes were treated by TK or even mom. I'm waiting for ex's and their families to start speaking. Of course, ex's could be deceased at this point considering age of mom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back