Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I can't speak for those who firmly believe DB is guilty of something, but IMO if you do believe that (I'm personally on the fence), I don't see how you can accept the drunk part of the equation. Knowing the times of the calls (assuming they are accurate), it is nigh impossible to do this and cover it up in such a way that nothing substantial has been located while being piss drunk. The 15 minute windows between the last vm attempt and when JI walks in the door make it rather difficult for a sober person.

Put me on the list as someone who doesn't believe the *drunk-possibly-blacked-out-can't-remember* scenario. IMO, it was trotted out as a convenient excuse for the reported gaps in the timeline.

Ya it's totally believable that someone who was living in a flop house and can't afford a cell phone is off doing some game hunting for a week....did he own a car or just the $500 or so hunting rifle? ps. I have no real idea how much hunting costs. But I think it's not cheap

It's possible, but it's been stated that the whole area had been combed with metal detectors, multiple times. I would think one of them would have caught something.

The poles on a chain link fence are metal. If the metal detector sounded it's alarm when it was placed near the metal pole the operator of the metal detector could have assumed he/she was just getting an alert on the metal pole itself. I would think that if the caps come off of their poles on their cyclone fence a visual inspection would be the only way to determine if a cell phone was inside. JMO only as I am not a cyclone fence expert.

Unless it wasn't DB disposing of the phones. I'm not convinced that it had to be her.

If that's the case then you must put weight into an accomplice theory. Or do you think the phones got stolen on the same night as DB doing something to her daughter, which must be like the powerball lottery of coincidences.

The poles on a chain link fence are metal. If the metal detector sounded it's alarm when it was placed near the metal pole the operator of the metal detector could have assumed he/she was just getting an alert on the metal pole itself. I would think that if the caps come off of their poles on their cyclone fence a visual inspection would be the only way to determine if a cell phone was inside. JMO only as I am not a cyclone fence expert.

I tend to think that if we think this is a possibility, then LE probably did too and searched them (if possible). I think we can agree that LE were searching for these phones before anyone else knew of them.

Ya it's totally believable that someone who was living in a flop house and can't afford a cell phone is off doing some game hunting for a week....did he own a car or just the $500 or so hunting rifle? ps. I have no real idea how much hunting costs. But I think it's not cheap

actually, FWIW, MW did say on her facebook page (or an interview with Jim Spellman, i'm not sure which) that he had guns. she said two rifles and a handgun.

It's possible, but it's been stated that the whole area had been combed with metal detectors, multiple times. I would think one of them would have caught something.

The fencing is made of aluminum coated steel with some copper also. So, the question is whether there is a metal detector precise enough to tell us that there is or isn't a cellphone contained within a fencepost.
http://www.merchantsmetals.com/literature/Spec_Aluminum_Coated_Steel_CLFabric.pdf
http://whiteselectronics.com/info/faqs.html#4

BBM

The 15 mins really has nothing so much to do with BL. The discussion earlier had to do with the ping maps and how these phones were pinging in the same area. Well, at some point they got to stop pinging. So DB had 15 minutes to dispose of one (or more phones) to the point of (so far) not being found in that same area and then get back to the house and in bed before JI walks in. And she would be doing this not knowing when exactly JI was coming home.

:fence: And WHY (if assuming PDI) did she decide at 3 am that she had to get rid of the phones? IF the 11:57 call was incriminating, one would assume she'd get rid of them then. Not wait 3+hours.

If that's the case then you must put weight into an accomplice theory. Or do you think the phones got stolen on the same night as DB doing something to her daughter, which must be like the powerball lottery of coincidences.

I do. And I think it could have even been an unknowing accomplice. Something could have happened to BL and a cover-up earlier, either before 10:30 or after, depending on if we think DB acted alone or had help. Then the phones could have been either planted where they knew somebody would find them. . .Watson's yard perhaps?. . .or directly passed off to some unknowing person that might have an interest in having some phones to sell. That person could have even tapped on the window and the phones passed out through it to them. All possible. All MOO.

:fence: And WHY (if assuming PDI) did she decide at 3 am that she had to get rid of the phones? IF the 11:57 call was incriminating, one would assume she'd get rid of them then. Not wait 3+hours.

This timeline proves nothing as far as who made what calls or attempts with the phones. We don't know if DB, Jersey or SOD made the 11:57pm call. We don't know who attempted the internet. . the same person who tried the earlier call or somebody else. It doesn't show that she decided at 3am to get rid of the phones. She could have gotten rid of the phones before 11:57pm, or some time after. We just don't know. We really don't know much. :waitasec:

I do. And I think it could have even been an unknowing accomplice. Something could have happened to BL and a cover-up earlier, either before 10:30 or after, depending on if we think DB acted alone or had help. Then the phones could have been either planted where they knew somebody would find them. . .Watson's yard perhaps?. . .or directly passed off to some unknowing person that might have an interest in having some phones to sell. That person could have even tapped on the window and the phones passed out through it to them. All possible. All MOO.

That's an interesting theory. It's been established she was outside until 10:30pm, right? Would the accomplice be someone that was outside with her that night? Or they came after the fact? And how do the boys in the house play into this? Were they awake after 10:30pm?

This timeline proves nothing as far as who made what calls or attempts with the phones. We don't know if DB, Jersey or SOD made the 11:57pm call. We don't know who attempted the internet. . the same person who tried the earlier call or somebody else. It doesn't show that she decided at 3am to get rid of the phones. She could have gotten rid of the phones before 11:57pm, or some time after. We just don't know. We really don't know much. :waitasec:

Good post. You raise my earlier theory to a new level. We don't know how many hands these phones passed through that night. they could have been discarded, found by Jersey, who tried to call MW. Maybe later he passed them off to Dane b/c he didn't want them, and Dane tried to access VM or the net.

I really like your theory stated above. I'm fence sitting, I try to view each piece from several points of view, and that was as stated from PDI view point assuming she still had them in her possession at 3 a.m.

...I had entertained the thought previously that she dumped the phones somewhere. I like the theory that if PDI, she planted them expecting them to be found (like you said possibly even by design by the resident thief and suspicious character).

That's an interesting theory. It's been established she was outside until 10:30pm, right? Would the accomplice be someone that was outside with her that night? Or they came after the fact? And how do the boys in the house play into this? Were they awake after 10:30pm?

I really don't know.

She supposedly went in and went to bed at 10:30, according to her. I would assume that's when she put the boys to bed. She also said at one time that she went on the computer. You can send messages to people's phones via e-mail on the computer. We don't know what LE knows about what activity happened on the computer that night. We don't know if Jersey had a phone. I just think with the boys saying they heard tapping noises and the screen on the window being pushed out, that the phones could have been passed out through it.

To me, that means there is a possibility that DB contacted Jersey and told him to come by and get some phones. He could have unknowingly took some phones that are now being tied to a missing baby. The 11:57pm and other attempts could have been made by him while he was possibly squatting in Watson's house. We aren't told when the internet attempts were made on the phones. He could have even heard that sirens around 4am, saw that they were at the house he just received the phones from earlier and disposed of the phones and laid low after that.

Idk. . .but all possible. It makes more sense to me than a petty thief stealing a baby and walking around in the area for 4 hrs while making calls from a phone that he knows is tied to a kidnapping.

All MOO.

I really don't know.

She supposedly went in and went to bed at 10:30, according to her. I would assume that's when she put the boys to bed. She also said at one time that she went on the computer. You can send messages to people's phones via e-mail on the computer. We don't know what LE knows about what activity happened on the computer that night. We don't know if Jersey had a phone. I just think with the boys saying they heard tapping noises and the screen on the window being pushed out, that the phones could have been passed out through it.

To me, that means there is a possibility that DB contacted Jersey and told him to come by and get some phones. He could have unknowingly took some phones that are now being tied to a missing baby. The 11:57pm and other attempts could have been made by him while he was possibly squatting in Watson's house. We aren't told when the internet attempts were made on the phones. He could have even heard that sirens around 4am, saw that they were at the house he just received the phones from earlier and disposed of the phones and laid low after that.

Idk. . .but all possible. It makes more sense to me than a petty thief stealing a baby and walking around in the area for 4 hrs while making calls from a phone that he knows is tied to a kidnapping.

All MOO.

I think the internet stuff came at the same time as the vm attempts (last one at 3:27am the last one). Keep in mind the 11:57pm call (according to the lawyer so take that for what you will) was an attempt. It didn't actually go through.

It's not a bad theory, but the vm attempts really make no sense then. Not really sure why he would be trying to access vm 3 hours after the 'call'. As a matter of fact, the vm attempts make no sense period despite who had the phone.

I really don't know.

All MOO.

What would be her motive for getting rid of the phones? Not only that, but letting someone else in on the cover-up, someone who could and probably would tell LE to save their own skin? Too many cooks spil the broth you know? Just curoius what your thoughts are.

I thought of one theory that would basically have the parent's and other accomplices using the phones to fake the abduction.

This is straight out of Hollywood, so take it for what's it worth...

Due to money problems, DB and JI sell BL to someone on the black market. They recruit SB and JB as accomplices.

JI is weary about the scheme and doesn't want to be around as it goes down. He finds an excuse to be away from the house.

JB finds an excuse to seemingly be away as well.

The baby leaves the house at around 7pm. The buyer needs a head-start to get out of the state. Because of this BL can't be reported missing right away.

Later, the phones are handed off to JB who has sneaked back into the neighborhood on foot. He makes a bogus phone call to someone that they wish to frame for the abduction. He then moves the phone(s) toward the river and makes a few more calls. All the time knowing that the calls and ping signals will be traced by LE.

Halfway to the river he pulls the batteries from the phones. The phones are dropped in the river.

Jeremy comes home and does his part in the scheme--dials 911 and reports the abduction.

All of this is just hypothetical. This isn't what I think happened. I'm sure there are a bunch of holes in it.

MOO. JMO. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member