Found Deceased OR - Charity Lynn Perry, 24, Multnomah County 24 April 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charity is mentioned in the article.

JUN 2

EAGLE CREEK, Ore. — A forested area off Southeast Judd Road in rural Clackamas County is where deputies discovered the remains of Ashley Real in early May.

Real is one of six women who have vanished and then been found dead in the past six months. The women's remains were found within 100 miles of each other in and around Portland and in most cases, they were discovered in forested or rural areas.

April 24: Charity Lynn Perry, 24​

Multnomah County sheriff’s deputies found Perry’s body shortly after 1:30 p.m. on April 24 in a culvert at East Historic Columbia River Highway and Northeast Tumalt Road, near Ainsworth State Park in east Multnomah County. The sheriff’s office has not released additional information, citing an ongoing suspicious death investigation.

Perry, 24, was frequently seen near Southwest Washington Street and Fourth Avenue in downtown Portland at the beginning of March, the sheriff’s office said. That area is home to the Washington Center building, the site of a former open-air fentanyl market that was cleared by police earlier in April after 11 people overdosed in one night in that area – three fatally.

"
"This year, Charity suffered from extreme mental health issues with the most impacting one, it being schizophrenia," said Allen.

Portland Police said on Sunday, June 4, that Perry’s death, along with the deaths of five other women in the region are not connected, saying any reports linking them together are just “speculation,” and PPB “has no reason to believe these 6 cases are connected.”

Deputies say Perry was known to frequent downtown Portland around the area of Southwest Washington and 4th Avenue at the beginning of March."

Perry, who police found dead inside a culvert at Ainsworth State Park, 35 miles east of the city, had a history of substance abuse and mental health problems, her mother, Diana Allen, told Fox News Digital.

Perry’s mother believed she had been living in a tent in neighboring Vancouver, but learned later that her daughter was last seen at an open-air fentanyl market in Portland – where she overdosed.

Perry was taken to the hospital and revived with a dose of Narcan, her mother told Fox News Digital.

But she was released without any verification of her address, no one looked up her background and the hospital did not reach out to her emergency contact – her mother – about the incident.

“I had been trying to find her, but every time I went to the tent she was staying out, she wouldn’t be there,” Allen told Fox News Digital. “At first, I didn’t know she went to Portland till the detective informed me of this. They can’t give me a day of death, but are pretty sure it was April.”

Allen said she could not discuss specifics of the case due to the ongoing investigation but said she believes the evidence shows her daughter was taken to the location in the park in an attempt to conceal her remains.

“It seems like a lot of work for a drug overdose,” she said. “So, I’m stuck on this f---ed up ride I call the ring of fire. One side is trying to reach for everything that may have a more innocent reasoning behind it. The other sucks you down a rabbit hole that I fear I may never get out of.”

Was Charitys' hair short and buzzed down when she was found? Some photos I've seen, Charity has different styles and lengths of hair. Maybe she wore extensions or wigs?

July 17, 2023 article

[…]

Multiple news agencies, including Willamette Week and later The Oregonian, reported the identity of the person of interest as Jesse Lee Calhoun. He's a current inmate at Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario, where he's facing charges not related to the death investigations of the four women. Calhoun, 38, has not been charged in relation to the four deaths.

[…]

JUL 17, 2023

Deaths of four Oregon women over three months are linked, authorities say, reversing earlier call

The bodies of four women began appearing in wooded areas in northwest Oregon in February, though police initially said the cases appeared to be unconnected. But on Monday, prosecutors dropped a bombshell, saying they are linked and “at least one person of interest” has been identified.

[...]

“Investigators and prosecutors from multiple law enforcement agencies have been working collaboratively, ... and they have determined that there are links between four cases: Kristin Smith, Charity Perry, Bridget Webster, and Ashley Real,” the prosecutor’s office said.

[...]

The women’s bodies were found in Portland and rural areas starting on Feb. 19, with the latest one found on May 7. One body was found about 45 miles (72 kilometers) southwest of Portland, near a creek in Polk County.
  1. The first body discovered was that of Smith, 22, found in a wooded area in a suburb southeast of Portland. Smith's disappearance was reported to police in suburban Gresham on Dec. 22, 2022.
  2. Perry was 24 when she died. Her body was found on April 24 near a state park alongside the Columbia River, east of Portland.
  3. Webster’s body was found on April 30 near Mill Creek in rural northwest Polk County. She was 31.
  4. Real, 22, was last seen at a fast-food restaurant near Portland on March 27, police said. She was reported missing on April 4. Her body was found on May 7 in a forest southeast of Portland.

Jesse Lee Calhoun indicted on murder charges for three women in 2023

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734