Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal take on this situation (and CR's) is that Amanda rescued herself and the other women and that Charles, Angel and whoever else helped her do it. They all helped HER complete her escape and rescue. If the least that Charles did was take it upon himself to call the police to corroborate her story or get help faster, then he deserves the thanks. They all do, and they have been. He seems like the type of story teller that embellishes to entertain and i suspect his story will get bigger and better with ever retelling, but none of that takes away from the fact that he was there and that he helped in some way. If he's famous for 15 minutes because of his act(s) or his personality, so what. We have people that have full television careers because they made a sex tape. There's room in that equation to be entertained and delighted by someone who helped free those women and made us smile in the aftermath of such a traumatic event.

I don't care what you call him (hero, liar, etc) or what faults you find in his life or his story, but he did NOTHING wrong that day and I, for one, am too busy thanking him to waste time criticizing him.

My personal take on this situation (and CR's) is that Amanda rescued herself and the other women and that Charles, Angel and whoever else helped her do it. They all helped HER complete her escape and rescue. If the least that Charles did was take it upon himself to call the police to corroborate her story or get help faster, then he deserves the thanks. They all do, and they have been. He seems like the type of story teller that embellishes to entertain and i suspect his story will get bigger and better with ever retelling, but none of that takes away from the fact that he was there and that he helped in some way. If he's famous for 15 minutes because of his act(s) or his personality, so what. We have people that have full television careers because they made a sex tape. There's room in that equation to be entertained and delighted by someone who helped free those women and made us smile in the aftermath of such a traumatic event.

I don't care what you call him (hero, liar, etc) or what faults you find in his life or his story, but he did NOTHING wrong that day and I, for one, am too busy thanking him to waste time criticizing him.

I don't see it the same way. IF it was Angel who kicked down the door and rescued Amanda, he deserves the credit. People have offered Ramsey gifts and money and he's been all over the place in the media, riding in limousines and getting who knows what perks from the networks. I don't find the actions of someone who lies and takes credit for what someone else did to be entertaining or delightful. In my opinion, he did do something wrong (assuming Angel's story is true) he lied to the media, he lied to the police, and he lied to the public. He's changed his story so many times that even if he is telling the truth he probably doesn't remember anymore what actually did happen. The defense will make mincemeat of him on the stand which will reflect very poorly on the credibility of the prosecution.

I don't think prosecution would want to put him on the stand. I don't think they will have to.
They could probably just play his 911 call.
And put police officers on the stand that came to the rescue.

I don't see it the same way. IF it was Angel who kicked down the door and rescued Amanda, he deserves the credit. People have offered Ramsey gifts and money and he's been all over the place in the media, riding in limousines and getting who knows what perks from the networks. I don't find the actions of someone who lies and takes credit for what someone else did to be entertaining or delightful. In my opinion, he did do something wrong (assuming Angel's story is true) he lied to the media, he lied to the police, and he lied to the public. He's changed his story so many times that even if he is telling the truth he probably doesn't remember anymore what actually did happen. The defense will make mincemeat of him on the stand which will reflect very poorly on the credibility of the prosecution.

But, Angel Cordero and the other women that were there have all said that he was there helping. I'm not sure what else matters at this point. They all helped in some way, he's always said "we," and most of this is splitting hairs. I understand that it upsets you, but the differing versions of his story don't really amount to much. His failing as a story teller doesn't upset me. Angel and his crew are getting recognition, they just aren't getting the fame. Charles's fame is a direct result of his personality. The media and the public want to hear the story from him because of the way he turns a phrase. Most of the recent articles acknowledge that he was part of a group of people helping, and they name Angel. If someone isn't getting enough credit, it's Amanda. Anyone else, should get over it.

I'm not sure why the prosecution or the defense's case would turn on how the girls left the house to such a degree that who actually kicked the door down would matter. The crime is in how how they got there and were kept there. Apart from Ariel's statements and the physical evidence, Amanda, Michelle, Gina and the little girl can testify about that themselves. The police can testify as to the conditions of the front door, if you think that would be a pertinent issue. I'm a litigator, although I don't practice criminal law, but I know that Ramsey, Angel and all of the other neighbors' testimony as to how they left the house would be a very low priority in proving that Ariel was guilty of the crimes of which he's currently accused.

But, Angel Cordero and the other women that were there have all said that he was there helping. I'm not sure what else matters at this point. They all helped in some way, he's always said "we," and most of this is splitting hairs. I understand that it upsets you, but the differing versions of his story don't really amount to much. His failing as a story teller doesn't upset me. Angel and his crew are getting recognition, they just aren't getting the fame. Charles's fame is a direct result of his personality. The media and the public want to hear the story from him because of the way he turns a phrase. Most of the recent articles acknowledge that he was part of a group of people helping, and they name Angel. If someone isn't getting enough credit, it's Amanda. Anyone else, should get over it.

I'm not sure why the prosecution or the defense's case would turn on how the girls left the house to such a degree that who actually kicked the door down would matter. The crime is in how how they got there and were kept there. Apart from Ariel's statements and the physical evidence, Amanda, Michelle, Gina and the little girl can testify about that themselves. The police can testify as to the conditions of the front door, if you think that would be a pertinent issue. I'm a litigator, although I don't practice criminal law, but I know that Ramsey, Angel and all of the other neighbors' testimony as to how they left the house would be a very low priority in proving that Ariel was guilty of the crimes of which he's currently accused.

Actually, Angel and the others have said that he was NOT there helping. That all he did was make a 911 call, while Amanda was already on the phone with them. From what I've seen of big trials, it seems that everyone even the least bit involved takes the stand. I could see where it might be a somewhat important issue for the first person on the scene to testify that Amanda truly was unable to escape without assistance. I've read and talked to people who can't understand why the women didn't just up and leave - some even say they must have liked being there. <- idiots.

Okay, here's a report of what Cordero and Ramsey did..via..this article, and Cordero agreeing that Ramsey helped.

"Aurora Marti said she was the first person to see Amanda Berry screaming in Castro's doorway.

As Marti and her friend, Ana, crossed the street towards Berry, they called out to Ramsey for help, but with the women's broken English, communicating was hard, Marti told ABC News. So the women yelled for help from their friend, Angel Cordero, a fellow Spanish speaker.

Ramsey was there and did help free Berry, Marti said, but it was Cordero who kicked down Castro's door, setting Berry free.

When Berry screamed, "I'm Amanda Berry!" according to Marti, she replied, "No, Amanda Berry died years ago."

Cordero and Ana both agreed with Marti's version of events.

Neither Marti nor Cordero deny that Ramsey was there and that he helped, Marti said, but the heavy lifting to set the women free, according to Marti, was done by Cordero. "

http://www.wrkr.com/common/more.php...ticle=5E74A55FB90711E286DEFEFDADE6840A&mode=2

and

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UZFASLXOlmo

If Cordero is saying somewhere that Ramsey only placed a 911 call and Aurora is saying that's not what happened, should we scrutinize him as a liar trying to deceive the cops and the media? He, Angel, also talked about hearing Amanda scream and running over to help. This person Aurora, says she heard the screams first and called Cordero over. These are two slightly different versions of the same story, with basically the same effect. Does leaving Aurora out of the equation and not giving her credit of being the person to actually try to get help for Amanda FIRST make Cordero a liar and a deceitful person? If Cordero gives the impression in his interviews that he was alone, when this Aurora person says he was not, does that make him a deceitful liar? Should we now dissect his interviews and hold him accountable for every inconsistency?

Also, there's plenty of evidence that Amanda could not get out of the house. Even in all their inconsistencies, the one part of the story that has stayed consistent between all of them is that she could not get out the door. There's also a video of the police having to break the door down. That's probably one of the easiest things to prove and because the officers will have to testify (if it goes to trial) to entering the house, searching the house and finding the women, there's no reason not to let them testify as to the door being locked.

Great interview here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...dfbccc-ba52-11e2-aa9e-a02b765ff0ea_story.html

Highlights were that he said Amanda refused to be ushered any where by police until the other girls came out.

Also after his dinner at the restaurant he stacked the plates and picked the cutlery off the floor.

Also he was home that day as he had been suspended from his job :)

I just gotta love him!

An interesting quote that answers a question that some people have been wondering about.

She asked him to call 911 and Ramsey told her to do it. “I don’t know how,” she replied, staring at his smartphone. “I’ve been gone for a while.”

An interesting quote that answers a question that some people have been wondering about.

She asked him to call 911 and Ramsey told her to do it. “I don’t know how,” she replied, staring at his smartphone. “I’ve been gone for a while.”

I can believe that. But why not dial 911 and hand the phone to her. In another CNN interview he said he was nervous and his hands were fumbling and she anxious to call so he told her to go across the street and use their phone.

Burger Named After Charles Ramsey
Posted on: 4:49 pm, May 13, 2013

It’s called The Ramsey Burger, and is being offered at Hodge’s Cleveland on Euclid Avenue, where Ramsey works as a dishwasher.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/cleveland-kidnap-house-horrors-article-1.1337965

Another version of the story. In this one Marti, who previously claimed to be first on the scene and at the door trying to break Amanda out, now tells how she sat on her porch as Amanda broke free and ran across the street shouting "I'm Amanda Berry"

They also report that the little girl was wearing a ballet dress, a wig and black boots.

Angel said a tshirt and diaper.

Also in another report Marti says that Amanda kicked the door out after someone showed her where to kick.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/0...decade-found-alive-as-cops-offer-few-details/

Btw, I am not splitting hairs, just showing that Angel and Marti's story's change quite a bit every time.

How did Angel's story change? And the child looks to be wearing a t-shirt and a diaper from the photo of Amanda holding the child.

I can believe that. But why not dial 911 and hand the phone to her. In another CNN interview he said he was nervous and his hands were fumbling and she anxious to call so he told her to go across the street and use their phone.

I believe he told her to never mind, to go use the neighbors phone instead, and he would call on his phone. Because it would be better if they both called. Pretty good idea really. Two people can give more information then just one caller.

http://www.impactony.com/2013/05/au...ry-saco-brazo-por-la-puerta-y-le-pidio-ayuda/

I ran this interview through a Bing Translator

"She went out, and when it came out, took the girl. Then, she screamed 'call the police', call the police (call the police). But I didn't have my cell phone on. Then we ran to the balcony of Altagracia, where I was sitting. Altagracia said us 'she can use my phone' that was in a Chair on the balcony".

"She use Altagracia phone and called the police. The police called to check if it was true what was happening. And was told Yes. Then the police came quickly. It wasn't anything, or a couple of minutes. When she saw the police arrived, from the same emotion as they say I am saved, he embraced the police".

http://www.impactony.com/2013/05/au...ry-saco-brazo-por-la-puerta-y-le-pidio-ayuda/

I ran this interview through a Bing Translator

"She went out, and when it came out, took the girl. Then, she screamed 'call the police', call the police (call the police). But I didn't have my cell phone on. Then we ran to the balcony of Altagracia, where I was sitting. Altagracia said us 'she can use my phone' that was in a Chair on the balcony".

"She use Altagracia phone and called the police. The police called to check if it was true what was happening. And was told Yes. Then the police came quickly. It wasn't anything, or a couple of minutes. When she saw the police arrived, from the same emotion as they say I am saved, he embraced the police".

I don't think anyone doubts Ramsey was there at the scene, it's when he appeared is that at question. I don't get it though because most of the Spanish speakers there say she was already out of the house when he appeared, but they say he did help but don't say what he did. Maybe it was because he could speak English to her, I don't know.

yeah too much we don't know, like how long did it take to kick a door in. 10 seconds? 5 minutes?
How far behind Angel was Charles? 5 seconds? 10 seconds?

I really could have all happened very fast.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

The hero is Amanda for escaping. I'm sure everyone who helped is thrilled and proud to tell their part of the story.

Supposedly Amanda is at or outside Ramsey's house, she leaves because he's fumbling with calling 911. She crosses the street. At the first house, the woman's cell phone is either inside somewhere or not charged. Amanda goes to the next house and the woman has her cell phone on the porch and calls. And in that time Amanda gets to 911 30 seconds before Charles does. Seems like Charles call should have got there first. I've called 911 (but not in Cleveland) and there's a dispatch operator right there.

Supposedly Amanda is at or outside Ramsey's house, she leaves because he's fumbling with calling 911. She crosses the street. At the first house, the woman's cell phone is either inside somewhere or not charged. Amanda goes to the next house and the woman has her cell phone on the porch and calls. And in that time Amanda gets to 911 30 seconds before Charles does. Seems like Charles call should have got there first. I've called 911 (but not in Cleveland) and there's a dispatch operator right there.

Charles Ramsey called from his cell phone. Amanda Berry called from a landline across the street. Thats why the operator immediately knew that she was calling from 2210 Seymour, and wanted to know why she was reported the address as 2207. I don't know if you used a cell phone to call 911, but its slow. Its hard to get through, and once you do get through, you have to wait to get transferred to the right agency. A 911 call from a landline is a direct connection to the local police dispatch center. Thats why its faster.

Charles Ramsey's demeanor is very different on the GMA interview from his original interview at the scene. He looks uncomfortable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky