Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire "is-or-isn't-Charles-Ramsey-a hero" line of questioning needs to be put to rest. The facts remain the same, and no matter how bitter Angel Cordero may be, he needs to accept that CR has emerged as the true "hero" in this situation, and nothing will ever change the public's perception of that day, period. America was practically screaming out for a hero as this incredible story unfolded, minute by minute, excruciating/horrifying detail by detail, and Mr. Ramsey more than fit the bill as a narrator. He got involved- no, immersed!- in the scene, he speaks English, and he has a way with words that helped viewers connect with his story, both with humility and humanity. I am sure Mr. Cordero will get recognized, but he shouldn't feel bitter toward CR. This is an American story and Mr. Ramsey stepped forward as the quintessential "man-on-the-street" American narrator. LOVE. HIM.!!

I could not disagree more. Witness accounts and Mr. Ramsey's own constantly changing stories cast great doubt on his role in the rescue. He very well could be no more than a con man pulling a great fraud on the American public. I refuse to honor him simply because I want the story to have a hero and he has a way with words. Actually, the story does have a hero and there is no question about her role in the rescue. That person is Amanda, of course.

Additonally, if it's true that Ramsey did absolutely NOTHING to help other than place an unneccesary 911 call, and Cordero actually was the one who broke down the door, I don't blame him Cordero one bit for being bitter. I would be too.

Lots of people can tell a great story, for a con man it's a job requirement. That doesn't give them the right to take credit for the heroic actions of another. Until I know the truth, I can't offer any praise or "love" to Ramsey. As of right now, I see him as a wife-abuser and dead beat dad who has inserted himself into this case for fame, glory, and $. If I'm proven wrong, I'll be the first one to step up and apologize to the man.

I could not disagree more. Witness accounts and Mr. Ramsey's own constantly changing stories cast great doubt on his role in the rescue. He very well could be no more than a con man pulling a great fraud on the American public. I refuse to honor him simply because I want the story to have a hero and he has a way with words. Actually, the story does have a hero and there is no question about her role in the rescue. That person is Amanda, of course.

Additonally, if it's true that Ramsey did absolutely NOTHING to help other than place an unneccesary 911 call, and Cordero actually was the one who broke down the door, I don't blame him Cordero one bit for being bitter. I would be too.

Lots of people can tell a great story, for a con man it's a job requirement. That doesn't give them the right to take credit for the heroic actions of another. Until I know the truth, I can't offer any praise or "love" to Ramsey. As of right now, I see him as a wife-abuser and dead beat dad who has inserted himself into this case for fame, glory, and $. If I'm proven wrong, I'll be the first one to step up and apologize to the man.

Amanda Berry and Charles Ramsey standing together in front of the house. Thats all I need to see.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-13-at-8-14827-AM_zps7d55b9e1.jpg

At first I considered both their stories reasonable and that they were probably both there or there within seconds of each other. Now the stories have changed and become so different.

Marti has been giving eyewitness accounts about Angel helping. But she also gives an account that when Amanda was released she ran across the street yelling "I'm Amanda Berry" and that she watched her from her deck chair. So was she at the door or across the street? The seems to be so many conflicting (or bad reporting) reports.... If she was across the street how would she know who kicked in the door. If she was at the door why would she say Amanda ran across the street shouting I'm Amanda Berry?

At first I considered both their stories reasonable and that they were probably both there or there within seconds of each other. Now the stories have changed and become so different.

Marti has been giving eyewitness accounts about Angel helping. But she also gives an account that when Amanda was released she ran across the street yelling "I'm Amanda Berry" and that she watched her from her deck chair. So was she at the door or across the street? The seems to be so many conflicting (or bad reporting) reports.... If she was across the street how would she know who kicked in the door. If she was at the door why would she say Amanda ran across the street shouting I'm Amanda Berry?

Marti would be able to see from across the street that Ramsey was not on Castro's porch and Angel was, if that was the case.

Ramsey said he saw "the Dominican" run across the street (towards Castro's house) when he heard screams. I read two reports, one said Ramsey was inside when he heard screams and looked out, and another that said he was on his porch and he heard screams. He didn't think anything more until he saw Cordero run across the street. Cordero saw Amanda's arm and hand waving, as well as heard the screaming.

So I believe Cordero was the first to reach Amanda. Ramsey did say "we" helped kick open the door and I believe he was referring to Cordero. Eventually they were together, but I think Cordero got to Amanda first.

Marti would be able to see from across the street that Ramsey was not on Castor's porch and Angel was, if that was the case.
So perhaps she called Angel over and then went home? That's pretty casual considering she realized this was a girl who had been missing for 10 years, you'd think if she did go home she would have at least called the police.

Ramsey said he saw "the Dominican" run across the street (towards Castro's house) when he heard screams. I read two reports, one said Ramsey was inside when he heard screams and looked out, and another that said he was on his porch and he heard screams. He didn't think anything more until he saw Cordero run across the street. Cordero saw Amanda's arm and hand waving, as well as heard the screaming.

So I believe Cordero was the first to reach Amanda. Ramsey did say "we" helped kick open the door and I believe he was referring to Cordero. Eventually they were together, but I think Cordero got to Amanda first.

Ramsey said later that he was inside his house but that the door and window were open and that he could see and hear the street. Ramsey claims that "we" means himself and Amanda.

Cordero claims that Ramsey was not around when he kicked the door in and did not appear until Amanda was out of the house.

Cordero also claims that Ramsey did not have McDonald's that morning. And that Amanda told him that there were other girls inside (before they broke her out.)

Ramsey said he was eating a big Mac and that Amanda told the police there were other girls inside and did not mention it before that.

They now seem to be disagreeing on every single detail.

Also Ramsey calls Cordero his "neighbor" but Cordero apparently doesn't live there.

So the story has evolved into two conflicting stories.

If Ramsey was referring to he and Cordero as 'we', he has since changed that story to Cordero not helping at all but rather turning around and running away, afraid to get involved. One thing we know for certain is that Ramsey is what some people here call 'an embellisher of the truth." I call it lying.

“I got on the porch and she said, ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.” I figured it was a domestic violence dispute. So I open the door. And we can’t get in that way ’cause of how the door is, it’s so much that a body can’t fit through; only your hand.” He and a man named Angel Cordero broke down the door, WEWS reported. “We kicked the bottom. And she comes out with a little girl and she says ‘Call 911. My name is Amanda Berry.”

http://wreg.com/2013/05/07/neighbor-i-got-amanda-berry-send-the-police-out/

So perhaps she called Angel over and then went home? That's pretty casual considering she realized this was a girl who had been missing for 10 years, you'd think if she did go home she would have at least called the police.

I have never heard the story of Marti being anywhere but on her own porch.

“I got on the porch and she said, ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.” I figured it was a domestic violence dispute. So I open the door. And we can’t get in that way ’cause of how the door is, it’s so much that a body can’t fit through; only your hand.” He and a man named Angel Cordero broke down the door, WEWS reported. “We kicked the bottom. And she comes out with a little girl and she says ‘Call 911. My name is Amanda Berry.”

http://wreg.com/2013/05/07/neighbor-i-got-amanda-berry-send-the-police-out/

And in a later interview, Mr. Ramsey said that by "we' he meant himself and Amanda. That Angel Cordero didn't want to get involved.

Reporter Stephanie Ramirez said Cleveland police brought Cordero to her for an interview, saying he had played a role in the rescue. She pointed out that Ramsey acknowledges that he was not alone, saying in now famous interviews things like “we can’t get in that way.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/angel-cordero-cleveland_n_3246207.html

here is Ramsey's story about "we can't get in that way".

Charles Ramsey: Heard screaming, I’m eating my McDonald’s, I come outside, and I see this girl going nuts, trying to get out of the house. So I go on the porch. I got on the porch and she said “Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.” I figured it was a domestic violence dispute. So I open the door. And we can’t get in that way ‘cause of how the door is, it’s so much that a body can’t fit through; only your hand. So we kicked the bottom. And she comes out with a little girl and she says ‘Call 911. My name is Amanda Berry.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...ry-i-thought-that-girl-was-dead#ixzz2Tnhph5vT

Reporter Stephanie Ramirez said Cleveland police brought Cordero to her for an interview, saying he had played a role in the rescue. She pointed out that Ramsey acknowledges that he was not alone, saying in now famous interviews things like “we can’t get in that way.”

Again, by "we" Ramsey now says he meant himself and Amanda. His and Angel's story really don't match. Each one claims he was the one who broke down the door.

Why would Ramsey say, "we can't get in that way?" No one was trying to get in, Amanda was trying to get out.

Why would Ramsey say, "we can't get in that way?" No one was trying to get in, Amanda was trying to get out.

That's a good question, considering here is the later interview and he claims that "Dominican" didn't want to get involved.

"When I saw that girl, I don't recognize her, I saw a white girl, [I said] 'What's your problem?'" Ramsey said. "Keep in mind, the Dominican, as I'm saying this, runs back over there behind me. I look across the street and say, 'She needs to get out of here.' He says, 'I'm not getting involved in that.'"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UZmNLtjm9EJ

Again, by "we" Ramsey now says he meant himself and Amanda. His and Angel's story really don't match. Each one claims he was the one who broke down the door.

And each says the other was not there and did not help. Ramsey's continued and conflicting 'embellishments' have caused him to lose all credibility in my book. I much prefer Cordero's quiet humble approach to hero-hood.

I have never heard the story of Marti being anywhere but on her own porch.

There is one story that Marti was first to the house. She then called Angel over to help after trying to get Ramsey's attention and he apparently didn't understand what she was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo