Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
very well said. Charles has the personality to turn this into something everyone wants to hear, simply by his use of vernacular and his ability to make you picture the scene. The others have been interviewed but don't resonate as well with the public......charles gives us a sneak peek into a world most of us don't live in and does so for good reason so we don't feel like voyeurs. Yet the real man is there in him quietly clearing the plates and picking cutlery off the floor while the people he was with walked away, He did what was right and dserves kudos. Others deserve kudos too, wouldn't a block party be a great way to give everyone recognition?

So you say the others don't resonate with the public. Well it's always pretty girl handsome boy gets the job over the others. So if one can't tell a good story, don't apply for the job of hero.

So you say the others don't resonate with the public. Well it's always pretty girl handsome boy gets the job over the others. So if one can't tell a good story, don't apply for the job of hero.

Let's not start hating on the rescuers we don't like. Really, channel your hate to Ariel Castro the monster who did this.

Anyone know how to post a photo of Marti? I tried but it won't work. She was first on the scene! She alerted others and helped Amanda phone police. And who is Ana? Anyone seen a photo or interview?

He will get called to testify and I hope this doesnt end up like Roy Kronk for him.

I think Charles has told the truth from the beginning, but sugar coated Angel's unwillingness to help in initial interviews because he was friendly with Angel and felt no need to bash him, so he suggested that Angel hesitated because of a language barrier, but always said that Angel saw Amanda first. Later, Angel saw a chance to get some reward money and tried taking the credit, so now Charles is telling the full story about Angel's refusal to get involved.

If I'm right and Cordero is lying, shame, shame, shame on him.

MOO

yes, I believe Charles is telling the truth, I have listened to his 911 call, he heard the banging screaming and saw the neighbor running back to his
house.

he did not have time to make stories up about what happened. he had no clue what was going on to make any stories up.

I don't think the neighbor helped with the door. He might of walked to the door, but for some reason or another, he ran back to his house.

He hasn't said anything about his neighbor running back to his house at any point of his 911 call.
He said bunch of people were on the street and she was trying to break out of the house. Nothing at all about any neighbors running anywere. Didn't say that he helped her to break the door down either.
The whole transcript is available.

Amanda called from a landline.
Otherwise the operator wouldn't have known the address she was calling from.

nah, when I called from my cell they confirmed my address without me having to tell them. I think our cell phones have emergency phone technology that either enables them to locate you, or access the address you provide for emergency calls.

It's the whole reason skype has to have so many warnings about their lack of adequacy for emergency calls- they don't have that technology integrated into free accounts.

He hasn't said anything about his neighbor running back to his house at any point of his 911 call.
He said bunch of people were on the street and she was trying to break out of the house. Nothing at all about any neighbors running anywere. Didn't say that he helped her to break the door down either.
The whole transcript is available.

Ramsey said he was sitting inside his home, eating McDonald's, when he heard a piercing scream from the house next door.

"[A] scream that is etched in my head forever," he said. "That sound stopped children from playing. Everybody looked at that house."

Ramsey said he first looked out of his window and saw his neighbor, Cordero, who Ramsey called, "the Dominican," run from across the street to alleged kidnapper Castro's house, which is next door to his. Then Ramsey said he raced outside to see what was going on.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UZT0iKI3uuI

nah, when I called from my cell they confirmed my address without me having to tell them. I think our cell phones have emergency phone technology that either enables them to locate you, or access the address you provide for emergency calls.

It's the whole reason skype has to have so many warnings about their lack of adequacy for emergency calls- they don't have that technology integrated into free accounts.

Yeah i watched some videos on youtube the other day, Marti says that Amanda rang from her friends mobile. She also says (through her daughter) that Charles never went to McDonalds either.

Sheesh, will be so interesting to hear the truth at some point. :p

Yeah i watched some videos on youtube the other day, Marti says that Amanda rang from her friends mobile. She also says (through her daughter) that Charles never went to McDonalds either.

Sheesh, will be so interesting to hear the truth at some point. :p

How would Marti know if Charles went to McDonald's? Maybe he just didn't have the Big Mac in his hand when he went over to Castro's house. Or maybe since they were sitting on the porch they never saw him leave or come back to his house.

Ramsey said he was sitting inside his home, eating McDonald's, when he heard a piercing scream from the house next door.

"[A] scream that is etched in my head forever," he said. "That sound stopped children from playing. Everybody looked at that house."

Ramsey said he first looked out of his window and saw his neighbor, Cordero, who Ramsey called, "the Dominican," run from across the street to alleged kidnapper Castro's house, which is next door to his. Then Ramsey said he raced outside to see what was going on.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UZT0iKI3uuI

He said that during interview, not 911 call. And he says here he saw Cordero run toward Castro's house.

Charles Ramsey called 911 using a cell phone, and operator could not tell where he was calling from.

Before You Call 911 on a Cell Phone
By Rod Brouhard, About.com Guide
Updated December 15, 2011

When you call 911 in most parts of the country, emergency responders can find you - even if you don't know where you are or can't communicate. That's because calling 911 from a landline (a telephone connected to the lines on the poles) makes a computer in the dispatch center show the number and address of the phone you're using.

Cell Phones Don't Work the Same

When you make a 911 call on a cell phone, you are sending signals through the air. The tower that picks up your phone's signal may be near, but it isn't enough to tell the dispatcher where to find you. It's like playing "Marco Polo" in the pool - blindfolded with just sound to guide you.

The Federal Communications Commission has required that all wireless carriers be able to pinpoint your location for the 911 dispatchers, but the rule is coming in phases and there are plenty of exceptions.

http://firstaid.about.com/od/callingforhelp/bb/cell911.htm

How would Marti know if Charles went to McDonald's? Maybe he just didn't have the Big Mac in his hand when he went over to Castro's house. Or maybe since they were sitting on the porch they never saw him leave or come back to his house.

Yeah I guess it depends how long they were sitting out on the porch. But they claim he didn't go to McDonalds.

I don't think these neighbors are going to be very friendly to each other into the future. :/

Just trying to get my head around how the door was opened.
Ramsey says he was pulling and she was kicking and they couldn't get it open. I believe at this point they were trying to open the whole door but the chain holding it wouldn't budge. The Charles says he kicked the bottom screen out of the lower panel and she crawled through.

Angel says also that he was pulling and she was kicking. What part of the door was he pulling? How do you pull a screen/piece of plastic that is part of a door? You can't, because thee is nothing to grab hold of. His description of getting the door open makes no sense to me.

Looks like the door had a screen and pieces of plastic taped to the inside. So Amanda or Charles would have to tear the plastic and kick out the screen. Looks like the bottom support was kicked out of place possibly making it possible to tear the screen away.

This makes Ramsey story more plausible to me. Thoughts?

Okay went back and watched Angels accounts. He says they (He and Amanda) were both kicking the door. They could have been kicking the bar at the top of the partition. Which sounds possible. So back to square 1 ... Two conflicting stories.

Other comments I saw were people saying Amanda chose to hang out with Charles afterwards as he spoke English, the others Angel/Marti did not (or was minimal)

Angel went to work the next day so could not be interviewed but Charles was off work so was available for interviews.

Just trying to get my head around how the door was opened.
Ramsey says he was pulling and she was kicking and they couldn't get it open. I believe at this point they were trying to open the whole door but the chain holding it wouldn't budge. The Charles says he kicked the bottom screen out of the lower panel and she crawled through.

Angel says also that he was pulling and she was kicking. What part of the door was he pulling? How do you pull a screen/piece of plastic that is part of a door? You can't, because thee is nothing to grab hold of. His description of getting the door open makes no sense to me.

Looks like the door had a screen and pieces of plastic taped to the inside. So Amanda or Charles would have to tear the plastic and kick out the screen. Looks like the bottom support was kicked out of place possibly making it possible to tear the screen away.

This makes Ramsey story more plausible to me. Thoughts?

They kicked and/or pulled out the aluminum panel at the bottom of the door. The plastic was more then likely torn in the process. Amanda Berry and her child then crawled out through the hole.

When the police arrived, they pried the door open with a piece of porch railing.

CLEVELAND-articleLarge_zps97260f07.jpg

Okay went back and watched Angels accounts. He says they (He and Amanda) were both kicking the door. They could have been kicking the bar at the top of the partition. Which sounds possible. So back to square 1 ... Two conflicting stories.

Other comments I saw were people saying Amanda chose to hang out with Charles afterwards as he spoke English, the others Angel/Marti did not (or was minimal)

Angel went to work the next day so could not be interviewed but Charles was off work so was available for interviews.

The neighbor said that Angel could not give interviews the next day because he worked in the daytime. I also read that he was an unemployed tree trimmer. It could be though that he doesn't have a full-time job and works odd jobs for now.

I'm not sure where Angel lives, if he lives on the same street or nearby. Articles say he was visiting Castro's across the street neighbors, the Tejedas. In fact in one account he was leaving their house getting into his car when he heard the screams.

This entire "is-or-isn't-Charles-Ramsey-a hero" line of questioning needs to be put to rest. The facts remain the same, and no matter how bitter Angel Cordero may be, he needs to accept that CR has emerged as the true "hero" in this situation, and nothing will ever change the public's perception of that day, period. America was practically screaming out for a hero as this incredible story unfolded, minute by minute, excruciating/horrifying detail by detail, and Mr. Ramsey more than fit the bill as a narrator. He got involved- no, immersed!- in the scene, he speaks English, and he has a way with words that helped viewers connect with his story, both with humility and humanity. I am sure Mr. Cordero will get recognized, but he shouldn't feel bitter toward CR. This is an American story and Mr. Ramsey stepped forward as the quintessential "man-on-the-street" American narrator. LOVE. HIM.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc