Child discovery leads Alabama police to 2 bodies, arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The girl had been restrained to bed posts for about a week, according to a criminal complaint. She had chewed off her restraints -- breaking her braces -- and her wrists show marks consistent with restraint, it states.
The 12-year-old had been given alcohol to stay "in a drugged state" and was assaulted in the "head area," the complaint states. She had not been reported missing, the sheriff said.
[snip]
The sheriff further stated that "other people" were living in the residence. The sheriff did not say whether these people were being charged or held in connection with the alleged crimes at the residence.
[snip]
"This is horrendous to have a crime scene of this nature and also a 12-year-old juvenile to deal with this horrendous situation," Abbett said, calling the girl "a hero."
Kidnapped girl's escape leads investigators to 2 decomposed bodies in Alabama

so many questions. How brave of her, what a survivor. Not reported missing. wondering if the bodies are those of indivuduals who are known to her, or would have stopped her ordeal :( I hope not, she's endured so much I would hate to think that she wasn't reported missing because those who cared most are dead at her captors hands.

Who were these "other people" who lived there? Did they know what was happening under their roof? How could they not? and if they did, WTF? So many questions. I am sure the answers will come.

Bless whoever saw her walking down the road and recognized she needed help. There are two heroes in this tale. MOO

It is odd she wasn't reported missing. She had braces and those are expensive. Someone cared about her. Jmo.

It is odd she wasn't reported missing. She had braces and those are expensive. Someone cared about her. Jmo.
She wasn't reported missing because her mother was a victim. See post by @TootsieFootsie above. Here's the link to TF's news link: Detectives: Dadeville man killed, dismembered girlfriend and her young son

It states: Reyes intentionally caused the death of his girlfriend, Sandra Vazquez Ceja, by smothering her with a pillow. Reyes is also charged with killing Ceja’s juvenile son who is under the age of 14, by striking him with his hands and feet.

[...]

Investigators believe Reyes then held Ceja’s 12-year-old daughter hostage inside his mobile home along CR 34 in Dadeville.

Looks like she was using the guys address so maybe she lived there at one point.

Ceja, 29, used an address that matched the location of the mobile home when she received traffic tickets for speeding and driving without a licence in April, court records showed.

Monday night the bodies were removed from the floor of the mobile home from beneath as a saw was used from above. The bodies were placed onto tarps and bags and taken to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.

A man accused of abducting a 12-year-old who escaped by chewing her way out of restraints after a week in captivity at a rural mobile home was charged with killing a woman and juvenile found dismembered inside the residence, authorities said Wednesday.

Already charged with first-degree kidnapping in connection with the girl's mistreatment, José Paulino Pascual-Reyes also was charged with capital murder and corpse abuse in the deaths of a woman and a boy younger than 14 who were found inside the mobile home in the central Alabama town of Dadeville, according to Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett and court documents.

Seems like maybe he severely beat the boy (perhaps regularly) and after one such beating he died then he tied the women up to keep them from reporting the boy's death. Maybe Mom started screaming and wouldn't stop, he tried muffling her screams but ended up suffocating her in the process then eventually daughter realized that sooner or later she was also going to be murdered and did what it took to escape.

To be tied up for days, knowing that your mom and brother had been murdered and perhaps seeing them dismembered. Smelling them decomposing under the floor, becoming more and more sure that you're going to be next. What a total nightmare - and for there not to have been anyone close enough to her to have checked up on the family for a week makes me think she's not going to have anyone she loves and trusts to help her recover.

A man accused of abducting a 12-year-old who escaped by chewing her way out of restraints after a week in captivity at a rural mobile home was charged with killing a woman and juvenile found dismembered inside the residence, authorities said Wednesday.

Already charged with first-degree kidnapping in connection with the girl's mistreatment, José Paulino Pascual-Reyes also was charged with capital murder and corpse abuse in the deaths of a woman and a boy younger than 14 who were found inside the mobile home in the central Alabama town of Dadeville, according to Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett and court documents.

Was the alleged murderer still living with his girlfriend and her children? If so, how does the kidnapping/abduction fit in?

Was the alleged murderer still living with his girlfriend and her children? If so, how does the kidnapping/abduction fit in?
Seems they were living together, no additional info about the abduction. IMO, it sounds to me to have been more of a domestic hostage / murder situation.

The Montgomery Advertiser report stated: “Ceja, 29, used an address that matched the location of the mobile home when she received traffic tickets in April, court records showed.

The NYT article stated: “Sheriff Abbett said that Mr. Pascual-Reyes had worked at a construction site in Auburn, Ala., about 25 miles southeast of Dadeville, and had been living at the home since February.”

Per WRBL, “the investigation is ongoing. The FBI, Department of Homeland Security, and other agencies are assisting.”

This poor girl. She is going to need so much in the way of services and support. I cannot imagine the hell of what she saw heard and lived. Just truly horrific. There are no other words.

This poor girl. She is going to need so much in the way of services and support. I cannot imagine the hell of what she saw heard and lived. Just truly horrific. There are no other words.
yes, totally, so unimaginable.

I had to scroll past the posts describing what might have happened because what has been reported is enough, and imagining a scenario with additional made up details is too much IMO.

But it's the girl... my heart just aches for her and what she is facing for the REST OF HER LIFE. And all the people she has relationships of any kind with in her life will also be indirectly affected, because this will and has changed everything about who this little girl is and who she will become. It is just so overwhelming to think about that. I hope she gets all the resources available, but it is Alabama and they don't have the greatest reputation for mental health and trauma victim services. Man's inhumanity to man continues to baffle me.

Seems they were living together, no additional info about the abduction. IMO, it sounds to me to have been more of a domestic hostage / murder situation.

The Montgomery Advertiser report stated: “Ceja, 29, used an address that matched the location of the mobile home when she received traffic tickets in April, court records showed.

The NYT article stated: “Sheriff Abbett said that Mr. Pascual-Reyes had worked at a construction site in Auburn, Ala., about 25 miles southeast of Dadeville, and had been living at the home since February.”

Per WRBL, “the investigation is ongoing. The FBI, Department of Homeland Security, and other agencies are assisting.”

Again, LE isn't clear about who owns or rents the trailer.

We know the perp moved into the trailer in Feb and the murdered gf was there in April.

My gut sense is that those were not his children. The gf moved in with him, and I wouldn't put it past him to have had them move in to target the young girl. Mom & brother got in the way in July and were murdered for it.

Seems like maybe he severely beat the boy (perhaps regularly) and after one such beating he died then he tied the women up to keep them from reporting the boy's death. Maybe Mom started screaming and wouldn't stop, he tried muffling her screams but ended up suffocating her in the process then eventually daughter realized that sooner or later she was also going to be murdered and did what it took to escape.

To be tied up for days, knowing that your mom and brother had been murdered and perhaps seeing them dismembered. Smelling them decomposing under the floor, becoming more and more sure that you're going to be next. What a total nightmare - and for there not to have been anyone close enough to her to have checked up on the family for a week makes me think she's not going to have anyone she loves and trusts to help her recover.
This poor little girls recovery is going to be a lifelong journey. We can only hope she has some sort of close family support out there. Poor baby. IMO

She was abducted since she was held against her will by someone that was not her guardian. It is still kidnapping even if he was the mother's bf - especially since he killed her mother before tying her up. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back