Chilean serial killers (the psychopaths of Viña del Mar)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

FIgnacio

Reaction score
Background
Jorge Sagredo Pizarro (born August 22, 1955) and Carlos Topp Collins (born January 25, 1950) murdered 10 people between August 5, 1980 and November 1, 1981 in the city of Viña del Mar, both were policemen.

The Crimes

• Assassination of Enrique Gajardo Casales, on August 5, 1980, on road to el Olivar.
• Murder of Alfredo Sánchez Muñoz, on November 12, 1980, in the Sausalito Stadium sector, an opportunity in which his companion, Fernanda Bohle Basso, was also raped.
• Assassination of Fernando Lagunas Alfaro and Delia González Apablaza, on February 28, 1981, in Estero Marga Marga.
• Murder of the taxi driver Luis Morales Álvarez, and later of Jorge Inostroza Letelier, on May 26, 1981 in Reñaca Alto, an opportunity in which his companion Margarita Santibáñez was raped.
• Murder of the taxi driver Raúl Aedo León and later of Oscar Noguera Inostroza, on July 28, 1981, on the Cuesta El Panganal, an opportunity in which his companion Ana María Riveros Contreras was raped.
• Assassination of Jaime Ventura Córdova and Rosana Venegas Reyes, on November 1, 1981, under the Capuchinos Bridge.

FBI

The FBI report, based on 19 doubtful projectiles (that is, projectiles found on the victims or at the sites of the incident), indicated that one of the weapons used was a Colt Special caliber 38 (Sagredo's weapon was a Colt Special 38 gauge).

The Judicial Process

Sagredo and Topp Collins were declared guilty by Visiting Minister Dinorah Cameratti on March 12, 1982.

Carlos Topp Collins and Jorge Sagredo Pizarro were found guilty, and sentenced to death, in a judgment rendered in the first instance on January 8, 1983 by the Minister in Office, Mr. Julio Torres Allú.

The sentence was confirmed in the second instance by the unanimity of the First Chamber of the Court of Appeals of Valparaíso, composed of the Ministers Margarita Osnovikoff, Iris González and Guillermo Navas.

The ruling was ratified unanimously by the Third Chamber of the Supreme Court (Supreme Court Decision), composed of the Ministers Osvaldo Erbetta Vaccaro, Emilio Ulloa Muñoz, Abraham Meersohn Schijman and the lawyers Raúl Rencoret Donoso and Cecili Chellew Cáceres , on January 17, 1985.

Shooting

After being denied clemency by Dictator Augusto Pinochet, they were shot in Quillota on January 29, 1985. This was the last execution in Chile before the death penalty was repealed in Chile in 1991 during the government of President Patricio Aylwin.

The arrest

Complaint from Cabo Juan Quijada The key to finding the two psychopaths, Jorge Sagredo Pizarro and Carlos Topp Collins, was delivered by Corporal Juan Quijada, all belonging to the First Commissariat of Viña del Mar. After Sagredo confessed his crimes, Corporal Quijada would accuse him of OS7 Special Group of Carabineros (Chilean word for police)

Quijada says that it was the case that sought him out. In July 1980, while on duty at the Communications Department, he received a call from a car patrol at El Sausalito Stadium. "Two stalkers are assaulting couples, the voice on the other side told me, but I did not give it much importance."

A month later, Professor Enrique Gajardo and his partner were attacked on the El Olivar road, where he was shot and the woman raped. It was the first crime.

One night in December 1980, Raúl Rojas, from the Army, "arrived at the police station and said he was assaulted and shot by two guys near Sausalito. 'One of them, he told me, was wearing a dark, short jacket with a wide white zipper, jeans and boots. He had a hard look and was stubborn, '"recalls Quijada. "That night I did not suspect anything, but weeks later the description terrified me"

"I remember that I was entering the police station and I crossed paths with Sagredo. He was dressed in a short jacket, which had a wide white closure. I was wearing jeans. I went to greet him and he dodged me. He looked at me with that cold look he had. It was like a spark. That's where everything started", he says.

On February 28 of the following year came the third attack. In the parking lots of Estero Marga Marga, the police discovered two half-naked corpses in a car. Quijada was already restless and, at the same time, obsessed. "He had been watching Sagredo for weeks and knew little about him. I just had a *advertiser censored*. Nothing else. But one day, in the 'roperillos' (lockers) I saw his open. 'How are you? *, I said, and I saw a shoe box on her piece of furniture that was full of underwear. 'You're going to catch the girlfriends', I joked and he laughed. I think I gave him confidence and that's how I started greeting him every day. "

"Once I asked him if he believed that the Esperanza hill was related to the other crimes. He answered yes and gave me an explanation that ended up confirming my suspicions: 'What happens is that the girl ran away', were his words. So I knew, do you understand? But I did not have any proof. "

No Exit

The double life of Sagredo became evident to Quijada when he confessed that at night he went out to steal and that, in the buses, he behaved improperly towards women. But he still did not confess. In May of 1981, Sagredo and Topp Collins murdered a taxi driver. Then they killed a worker and abused his wife, a housewife who was with her two-year-old daughter. Jaw was horrified and the woman's version disconcerted him: the attackers were two. "That's when I stopped sleeping and started going to the psychologist. I had in mind that one of them was Sagredo. I approached him only for that. Then he thought they were foolish, but he was still after him. I also feared that it was the murderer and they saw me with him, then they would blame me. I did not know what to do and the crimes continued, "he adds. In the middle of the year, Quijada began a path of no return. "I planned an assault and told Sagredo that we had to be three. I wanted to see if he had someone. 'I have the other,' he told me. We met on Sunday at the police station and started planning the details. At one point Topp Collins came in and Sagredo introduced him to me. We are about to steal on Monday. I did not know how to get out and I presented part of the patient. I should have done something there, but I did not know if they would believe me, "he says. By July, the "Viña psychopaths" added two new deaths and another rape. Jaw was still his "friend". "I asked Topp Collins in jest: 'Why did they murder the doctor, do not you see there are few doctors?' His response left me shivering: It is that Cabezón Sagredo becomes stupid", he told me.

With these data it was easy to get information to Sagredo, but always indirectly. "He needed to let off steam and boast. He told me that Topp Collins wanted to leave, but that he forced him to continue, he was authoritarian. His eyes shone as he told me his things, "says the former policeman. During the following four months, Quijada accumulated antecedents. He knew that the stolen species were for the wife of Topp Collins, and that Sagredo had a high record of a thief. But he was scared, he did not dare to speak.

That, until on November 1 was discovered the murder of a couple under the Capuchinos Bridge. That day Sagredo did not get to work.

On November 4 there was a transit operation. Quijada chose as a couple "Cabezón Sagredo" and once on the street faced him: "Were you the Capuchin Bridge ?, I asked, and Sagredo boasted of all the crimes."

Two days later, Quijada decided to speak with a Carabineros intelligence officer. His captain came to see me, to whom I related all the facts. But nothing happened. He explained that in Santiago they did not believe him. There I collapsed. "

"I was low rank officer just. The troop is not defended by anyone ... In that the Festival began, it was February 1982 and a unit of the OS-7 had arrived. I did not sleep anymore. One day I was jogging and I was intercepted by a black car with four OS-7. We went to Reñaca, we had some drinks and they recorded me. That time they believed me", he adds.

In March, Sagredo and Topp Collins were arrested. Luis Gubbler Díaz (He was charged and tortured to confess) was also arrested, but was later released.

In April revenge came: after learning that Quijada had betrayed them, Sagredo implicated him. The corporal was arrested and held alone. They faced them four times. The first time, Sagredo accused him of snitch and tried to hit him. The last one, he retracted. It was the last time he saw him alive.

Quijada says that the facts proved him right and that he won little by giving them away. After the arrest, the regional head was beheaded and he never ascended. Never in 25 years of career. "I retired from police after 25 years and I live on that retirement money".

But his most bitter memory was in January 1985, when he was called by the then General Director of Carabineros, César Mendoza. "He ordered me to move, because the death sentence was about to come out. He gave me a couple of days. I went to El Salvador. A week later, they were killed. I read that they had played dominoes until 4 o'clock in the morning and that they were shot before dawn, that they were awake all night. I also.

Confesiones de Los Sicopatas de Viña
Confessions of the psychopaths in Spanish

Attachments

• sicopatas_de_vina_del_mar.jpg
    sicopatas_de_vina_del_mar.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 0
On the eve of my execution, I'd like to go out while playing dominoes. Sounds serene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomevertonfc
Back