Chris Brown to Appear on Larry King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, Brwnigirl, I too noticed our different spellings - are you in England?
I think the counseling he has to attend is classes on domestic abuse and if I remember from his sentensing in court it's for an entire year.
You did a fine job of reporting from the show. I think we'll make you our official Cub Reporter.

Ha Ha, I couldn't take the pressure from having to be so observant.
AZ, I'm Canadian. Our spellings often have a British origin and/or American. I am just starting to notice it more on the board.

Ha Ha, I couldn't take the pressure from having to be so observant.
AZ, I'm Canadian. Our spellings often have a British origin and/or American. I am just starting to notice it more on the board.

Ahhh, the U.S. neighbors to the north. I have also noticed that in your country, or parts of it, there doesn't seem to be a word "immediately."
Instead you're urged to do something "straightaway."
I love to see the differences in the language. We find that here in the U.S. from state to state, too.
Don't worry - the pressure is off, no more assignments for a while. But thanks again for reporting on the LKL show.

Hi guys,

After the incident regarding the beating of Rihanna by Chris Brown, Oprah took a stand and dedicated an entire show to domestic violence.

And... ...

Chris Brown has admitted that he found Oprah Winfrey disrespectful

!?!?

I have no respect or admiration for Chris Brown the artist or person. Even if Rhianna hit him first (which I never condone), being a man he should know that his fists will hurt a lot more than hers. What happened to just walking away?

I can't imagine the escalation of violence in the car that day, but stories like this only solidify my resolve to raise my children to respect and love people without using his fists. Especially in anger.

Hi guys,

After the incident regarding the beating of Rihanna by Chris Brown, Oprah took a stand and dedicated an entire show to domestic violence.

And... ...

Chris Brown has admitted that he found Oprah Winfrey disrespectful

!?!?

BBM - Only further proving what a tool he is. Be a man for once, Chris. Accept you did a horrible thing. Teach those who look up to you that this is not the way to treat a woman/person you're supposed to love. Although, I must admit, it's extremely disconcerting that he still has fans.

I must have posted my comments regarding CB on the original thread, but fwiw this dude needs to just SHUT his cake-hole. JMO. There is not a thing he can say that will justify what he did. Not.a.single.thing. Head down and do your community service. Stop making noises about loving Rhianna, stop saying you do not remember. This is just salt in the wounds for the rest of us who care about this issue deeply. Every comment, every interview and every photo op to date has absolutely proven his continued immaturity. Again JMO.

I detest any kind of violence in the home, regardless of whether it is women hitting men, men hitting women, men hitting men, women hitting women...you get the picture. If Rhianna smacked CB, he was free to let her out of the vehicle in a safe place. Beating her bloody was not the appropriate response-BITING her ears and fingers, slamming her head against windows and dashboards....come on.

I went back and looked for the article that said that she hit CB first in the latest altercation.

I could only find that it was reported first on TMZ and by "sources" at that site.

I don't know what instigated the beat down CB gave her, but I don't remember reading in the crime report that she inflicted harm on him.

What is the statute in CA involving domestic violence? Here in TX (where I was living until July) it doesn't matter who threw the first punch. All participants that threw a punch are arrested. So if it is true, as reported by anonymous sources to a gossip celeb site, that she did hit him, wouldn't that result in an arrest or charge for her? (If CA statute dictates?).

FWIW, I personally don't care who started it when there is a domestic violence incident between anyone, whoever throws a punch should get a ticket to jail IMHO. Both parties, regardless of who got the beat down and who didn't get a scratch.

What concerns me even more is this young man, has made this statement:

...Chris Brown said that "I'm not saying I have a problem but I am willing to get counselling".

(I had to copy and paste that from Brwnigirl's post #31 because I forgot to quote it)

Other statements of concern:

... "When I look at it now, it's just like, 'Wow, I can't believe that actually happened.' It just really, like, took a toll on me." ...

...Brown repeatedly said in the interview he had difficulty believing he did what he did...

The best response I have seen to his behavoir is this:

...In reply, National Organization for Women's president Terry O'Neill issued a statement saying, "It's all too common for offenders to claim they are 'not the kind of person who would do such a thing.' But when we allow them to evade responsibility by redefining themselves in this way, we trivialize their crimes and jeopardize their ability to heal and stay safe." ...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/03/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main5284649.shtml

I saw it too. He is distancing himself from that act. He can't accept responsibility even though he says that he does.

He refuses to acknowledge he has a problem. This man is very young and I can't tell if some of these tendencies come from being so very young, or if he's exhibiting some character deficits that is the foundation of who he is and he will carry these deficits with him throughout life. KWIM?

Bottom line is this, IMHO ~ When two ppl are in a relationship, there should never be a time where either one crosses the boundries and becomes physically violent with each other.

I can't discuss whether or not the female in this incident commited a crime also by striking this man because I have yet to see it reported by LE or a trusted source.

But I did see the pictures of how this man beat a woman down. He beat her so hard, that it's not out of the question had a blow been struck just right, she might have had lasting damage or death.

JMHO.

All of what Kat quoted is exactly why CB is at risk to re-offend. He does not get it. And the continued cry of "I was raised in a violent home and I know what women suffer who are beaten" is tantamount to saying something like "Some of my best friends are black."

He is the perp. HE is the offender. Convicted. Case Closed. The fact that he was raised by a woman who suffered at the hands of a batterer reminds me of a doctor or priest or a coach who molests children-of all people he should know better.

jmVho....

Ahhh, the U.S. neighbors to the north. I have also noticed that in your country, or parts of it, there doesn't seem to be a word "immediately."
Instead you're urged to do something "straightaway."
I love to see the differences in the language. We find that here in the U.S. from state to state, too.
Don't worry - the pressure is off, no more assignments for a while. But thanks again for reporting on the LKL show.

I find the differences interesting too AZ, I am always ribbed for saying "eh" and bathroom instead of restroom when I come down there but where I am from "immediately" is commonly used.:)

All of what Kat quoted is exactly why CB is at risk to re-offend. He does not get it. And the continued cry of "I was raised in a violent home and I know what women suffer who are beaten" is tantamount to saying something like "Some of my best friends are black."

He is the perp. HE is the offender. Convicted. Case Closed. The fact that he was raised by a woman who suffered at the hands of a batterer reminds me of a doctor or priest or a coach who molests children-of all people he should know better.

jmVho....

believe09, thanks for your insightful post. You're right - he doesn't get it And the shame of it all is that he won't get it until his life has a defining change - like going to jail. Which tells me he's a good candidate for being a repeat offender. And then, since he's on a long probation, the cell door is going to slam on him.
Just having him make remarks on Oprah's show shows me he's got his anger on a short leash.
Hopefully the anger management and domestic abuse classes he's required to take will help him get it
However, what really shocks me is that there are just too many Chris Brown's out there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039
Back