Christina Laurean

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some very distinct differences between Amber and Christina. Just because Amber ended up not being involved, which BTW, I never thought she was, doesn't equate to Christina not being involved with this case. Outside of differences of opinion, factually there is no comparison between Amber and Christina.

Amber was not living with Scott during the time Stacy was murdered. Stacy was not murdered in Amber's house, leaving a bloody mess behind. Amber did not help Scott clean up and paint over the crime scene. Stacy was not 75 feet away burned and buried in Ambers backyard. Stacy's car was not suspiciously parked in Ambers driveway for days. And lastly, Amber didn't aid in Scott's escape. Or in Scott's case, attempted escape.

Hi SuziQ .. :)

You must be thinking of Stacy Peterson - Drew's missing wife. "Laci" was Scott's murdered wife.

I agree with you that there are vast differences in the 2 cases. I was not comparing the cases - nor was I comparing Amber & Christina. (How could I? We know almost nothing about Cesar's wife.)

My point in bringing up Amber & the Peterson case was in "being fair" & waiting for all the facts, not supposition, in this puzzling case before we condemn Christina along with her husband. Just sayin' .. facts & fairness

Rum Tum

You must be thinking of Stacy Peterson - Drew's missing wife. "Laci" was Scott's murdered wife.

I agree with you that there are vast differences in the 2 cases. I was not comparing the cases - nor was I comparing Amber & Christina. (How could I? We know almost nothing about Cesar's wife.)

My point in bringing up Amber & the Peterson case was in "being fair" & waiting for all the facts, not supposition, in this puzzling case before we condemn Christina along with her husband. Just sayin' .. facts & fairness

Rum Tum

But isn't it a fair question to wonder how she could be unaware of all the crime scene cleanup in her house and body disposal in her yard and the victim's car in her driveway?

And then to answer that question by saying "I dont' think she could have been unaware." And then to ask, "Why didn't she turn him in?" And then to answer, "She may have been involved." And so on.

Originally Posted by Seven
But why would she leave herself without transportation by abandoning her car in a public parking lot if she were running away from the Marines?
EXCELLENT POINT SEVEN!!!!!
So, we are to believe she was going AWOL, taking a BUS to El Paso alone at 8 mos pregnant - El Paso where she knew no-one and had never been? With only $700 cash?

And when she got there - for her "vacation" or "get away", or whatever the note said she was doing - she was going to get around HOW? El Paso is NOT a big city with lots of cabs everywhere and good public transportation - she wasn't going to see much of the town on FOOT - especially at 8 mos pregnant. And El Paso is such a "beautiful place" - a tourist mecca (NOT). She decides to leave a beautiful place with great weather not too far from her family and near the ocean and the mountains to go 1800 miles away - far from her family, to the forsaken dry, barren, treeless flatness of El Paso where there is NOTHING for her - in December - without a car? And do WHAT? Sit in her cheap hotel room alone? She could have gone into labor at any minute, so I guess she was gonna WALK to the nearest hospital, with no money and no DR and AWOL from the MC?

I know pregnancy makes one emotional, moody, and a bit scattered, but I am having trouble buying that our "solid" Marine Maria - who was in the home stretch of a very difficult pregnancy and close to the end of a very difficult time in her life was gonna go AWOL, leaving her possessions, her cell phone, her baby's layette, her car, her ID, her Dr and hospital - by taking a BUS alone and almost broke to El Paso Texas. A bus to Ohio, maybe? To El Paso? Don't think so.
I don’t think so either, FlowerChild!

Wow! You really had me visualizing the forsaken, dry, barren, treeless flatness of El Paso . . . good creative writing, yet eminently logical about her car! :)

MeOnline.gif

But isn't it a fair question to wonder how she could be unaware of all the crime scene cleanup in her house and body disposal in her yard and the victim's car in her driveway?

And then to answer that question by saying "I dont' think she could have been unaware." And then to ask, "Why didn't she turn him in?" And then to answer, "She may have been involved." And so on.

Stepping out on a limb here. WHy would Christina even turn the note that the wrote to the USMC or the LE if she was involved? Also why would she turn over the 2 letters?And once again Maria's car in the driveway. Remember Alot of Marines wre going on leave for the Holidays. He could have told her some one car he was going to keep while they were on leave.
Does anyone know how far the Bus station is from the house? After all he was seen driving the car before it was found at the bus station.

Rum Tum

Ack, I've been so wrapped up in the Peterson case! So what fair to the victim and her family?

Ack, I've been so wrapped up in the Peterson case! So what fair to the victim and her family?

There is nothing fair to Maria or her Family!!!!But all of us speculating that Christina had something to with this is unfair to her.Like I said on another thread I am willing to eat Crow.
Been 6 days now. And I think if the LE or the USMC had any feeling Chritina was involved she would be sitting in Jail not on the base

Hi Steadfast . :)

Yes, Absolutely!

IMO - all questioning of Christina's behavior is certainly valid & should be expected under the circumstances.

"Suspecting" her of complicity in some part of this horrendous crime is a given with the tidbits of information we've been given. Even more confounding & suspicious to people is the fact that the media & public have not seen &/or heard from her.

I'm as suspicious as all the rest of you - I just don't want to condemn her or assume anything until the real true facts are known. Not supposition masked as fact. There is stil much to learn.

Rum Tum

There is nothing fair to Maria or her Family!!!!But all of us speculating that Christina had something to with this is unfair to her.Like I said on another thread I am willing to eat Crow.
Been 6 days now. And I think if the LE or the USMC had any feeling Chritina was involved she would be sitting in Jail not on the base

IMO she should be making some type of a statement saying as such - even IF she doesn't want to speak/deal directly w/ the media, many of families have a "spokesperson" that can do all that for them. I find it perplexing that she's kept so silent. Not a sense of emotion, no disbelief, shock, denial, apologies, pleas for him to come forward, to turn himself in...NOTHING!

JMO but I think in her shoes I'd be doing whatever I could to get my partner to come home or at least contact someone, especially if I was innocent and so was he...after all, she committed suicide according to him, and he never had any type of sexual relationship with her.....so what's he running from?

Stepping out on a limb here. WHy would Christina even turn the note that the wrote to the USMC or the LE if she was involved? Also why would she turn over the 2 letters?And once again Maria's car in the driveway. Remember Alot of Marines wre going on leave for the Holidays. He could have told her some one car he was going to keep while they were on leave.
Does anyone know how far the Bus station is from the house? After all he was seen driving the car before it was found at the bus station.

If the letter clears her of involvement, you bet she would hand in that letter. The other two letters most likely went to her house that is currently a crime scene. Ah well, I almost bought that about the car. But I can't any longer as Christina is active and working on that base. There is no way she didn't know who's car that was. The distance to the bus station doesn't matter when you have someone driving another car.

And I think she will be sitting in jail before this is over - she'll get offered a reduced sentence to testify against , since they cannot compel her testimony due to marital privilege. They are "dealing" with her and making a case against her at the same time. She'll eventually be facing charges and paying for her part in this - at LEAST the cover-up. Heck WE can almost make a case for her covering up with what we know so I am sure the Sheriff can too.

There's really no rush and putting her in jail right now just gets her a lawyer and stops her from talking. Since the USMC basically has her restricted to the base and supervised outings there is no benefit from her going to jail (the USMC is not about to let HER run) and a huge benefit to keep her out of jail and talking freely to NCIS and LE and NOT talking to the PRESS. It also keeps worrying about what she can incriminate him with and what is going to happen next. The lack of an arrest in this case does NOT mean she is in the clear - like it would if she was a civilian. We must remember this case has a few extenuating circumstances that 99% of the cases we discuss on WS do not. Normal rules do not apply here.

My Opinion

Hi Steadfast . :)

Yes, Absolutely!

IMO - all questioning of Christina's behavior is certainly valid & should be expected under the circumstances.

"Suspecting" her of complicity in some part of this horrendous crime is a given with the tidbits of information we've been given. Even more confounding & suspicious to people is the fact that the media & public have not seen &/or heard from her.

I'm as suspicious as all the rest of you - I just don't want to condemn her or assume anything until the real true facts are known. Not supposition masked as fact. There is stil much to learn.

Rum Tum

RTT and JBD, we get it, you all want to give xtina and her hubby the benefit of the doubt. That's great, have at it. However, the rest of us do not have to. There is nothing in WS TOS that says we do. This is not a courtroom. The repetitive preaching is getting to be a bit much, Thank you very much.

WOW! I have been unable to log on & post for ages -- this time it let me in.

First, I do not believe Maria wrote the note about going away unless under duress. A military person would want to be close to the assigned military hospital at a time like this. Active duty military can only use a civilian hospital when "referred" by their assigned medical facility or in case of an emergency.

One thing I noticed with Sheriff Brown yesterday was when he was asked if he thought Christina was an accomplice, he said something like "I'm not going to speculate on something I can't prove." The FOX host said "Someone has gotten to you since yesterday, haven't they?" The Sheriff sorta looked down & said "yes"... The comment about not being able to prove her part in this speaks volumes to me.

Lastly, if what was said on Nancy Grace is true, Christina has been recalled to active duty. That means the military have control of her -- they can confine her to quarters on base AND they can discipline her including full military Courts Martial (if warranted). This speaks volumes to me, too...

Hope everyone is well!

Cheers, OB

I have had so many problems trying log on, that it is really ticking me off. Don't know what the problem is, but it is so frustrating. Sometimes it lets me and sometimes it doesn't. :confused:

Glad to see you were able to get in OB.

I think I agree with much of what you said!

We won't know the answer to many of these questions until the is caught. Even then we may still question if what comes out is TRUE.

JMHO
fran

IMO she should be making some type of a statement saying as such - even IF she doesn't want to speak/deal directly w/ the media, many of families have a "spokesperson" that can do all that for them. I find it perplexing that she's kept so silent. Not a sense of emotion, no disbelief, shock, denial, apologies, pleas for him to come forward, to turn himself in...NOTHING!

JMO but I think in her shoes I'd be doing whatever I could to get my partner to come home or at least contact someone, especially if I was innocent and so was he...after all, she committed suicide according to him, and he never had any type of sexual relationship with her.....so what's he running from?

Not if she is under orders from the USMC or the LE.
SQ no The is gulity as Sin. But if the LE or the USMC thought she had anything to do with this she would be Locked up.

SQ no The is gulity as Sin. But if the LE or the USMC thought she had anything to do with this she would be Locked up.

Im sorry, I can't imagine that LE wouldn't let her plea for him to come home and/or contact them. same thing w/ USMC...it BENEFITS these entities for him to BE CAUGHT. If they're going with billboards, and reward money, why wouldn't they allow her to go on the air and plead for him to call? Even if it was just to call his attorney or someone at the base?

If the letter clears her of involvement, you bet she would hand in that letter. The other two letters most likely went to her house that is currently a crime scene. Ah well, I almost bought that about the car. But I can't any longer as Christina is active and working on that base. There is no way she didn't know who's car that was. The distance to the bus station doesn't matter when you have someone driving another car.
The first note she took to LE on Friday absolved both of them of the murder by saying that Maria committed suicide, and his only involvement was to bury and burn her body. He could've left that hoping two things, that he'd be cleared and it clears his wife so she won't be arrested and can take care of their 18 month old baby. I think she knew all about Maria and what car she drove, and whose car was at her house and probably helped him get Maria's car to the bus station where it was found.

RTT and JBD, we get it, you all want to give xtina and her hubby the benefit of the doubt. That's great, have at it. However, the rest of us do not have to. There is nothing in WS TOS that says we do. This is not a courtroom. The repetitive preaching is getting to be a bit much, Thank you very much.

And the repetive preaching of she had to have something to do with this is the same. Until I have proof I will not accuse her of any wrong doing

Not if they want to keep her talking. Also, the justice clock starts ticking once someone is arrested. Unless a situation turns dangerous and a POI is attempting to flee, there is rarely an arrest so quickly. LE doesn't do it that way anymore. If they are smart they don't do it that way. Many times they don't even arrest someone until the case goes to a GJ, who makes sure all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed before bringing charges.

[/b]

And the repetive preaching of she had to have something to do with this is the same. Until I have proof I will not accuse her of any wrong doing

Discussing the case and voicing an opinion is much different than pointing out how unfair the rest of us are when we voice ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mojojojo