Christina Laurean

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just telling my husband how strange it was that Christina wasn't an active-duty Marine when this case all started but she is now. And I asked him if they could call a specific reserve soldier up to active duty for a particular reason (as opposed to calling up a whole reserve unit.) He said yes, and now she's not free to take off, even if the civil authorities don't charge her with anything.

This is what I want to know, too, Stead!
Was she active duty on 12/14, the day of the Xmas party on base? If not, would she be allowed in even if her husband wasn't with her? An if so, wouldnt there be some record at the guard station?

Because if she went to that party to meet her husband there, wouldnt she have freaked out a little bit when he didnt show up?

Or did she know perfectly well why he wasn't showing up?! :eek:

Did anyone see Greta tonight?

She was talking to the rep of the Onslow County Sheriff's office, and he said that, as far as he knows right now etc., etc., xtina discovered cesar was gone at 4:00 a.m. 01/11 and found his note.

Has that guy not talked to the neighbor, Alander, whose wife saw Cesar at 6:30 a.m. that morning?

I think the sheriff rep's name was southerland or some such, but that neigbor was emphatic about the time, yet the sheriff dept guy spoke as if he'd never even heard there was a witness who saw him later.

strange . . . it's getting to me . . . :bang:

This is what I want to know, too, Stead!
Was she active duty on 12/14, the day of the Xmas party on base? If not, would she be allowed in even if her husband wasn't with her? An if so, wouldnt there be some record at the guard station?

Because if she went to that party to meet her husband there, wouldnt she have freaked out a little bit when he didnt show up?

Or did she know perfectly well why he wasn't showing up?! :eek:

Yes, her dependent i.d. would get her on base without her husband even if she was a civilian. No, there would be no record. They just check out your car decal, look at your i.d., and wave you in. They don't make a record of incoming cars.

I bet she did freak out when her husband didn't show up at the party. I also bet she freaked out when she came home and found either a live or a dead Maria there. (Unless she knew why he wasn't showing up.)

Yes, her dependent i.d. would get her on base without her husband even if she was a civilian. No, there would be no record. They just check out your car decal, look at your i.d., and wave you in. They don't make a record of incoming cars.

I bet she did freak out when her husband didn't show up at the party. I also bet she freaked out when she came home and found either a live or a dead Maria there. (Unless she knew why he wasn't showing up.)
You got that right! :D

I'm thinking that if she did freak out, she would have been talking about it to some of their friends at the party and, at the very least, making lots of calls trying to find him. ....... Telephone records would come in handy here .... and, of course, a list of the party-goers w/whom she interacted at the party.

I think CNN's latest report speaks volumes. We all know that a wall had been recently painted over, where some of the blood was... but thing is, not a soul was named as to whom was doing the painting. Now it comes out that it seems to be HER seen painting the inside of the house...

Talk about raising eyebrows... this is one of those "things that make you hmmmmm" moments...

I think CNN's latest report speaks volumes. We all know that a wall had been recently painted over, where some of the blood was... but thing is, not a soul was named as to whom was doing the painting. Now it comes out that it seems to be HER seen painting the inside of the house...

Talk about raising eyebrows... this is one of those "things that make you hmmmmm" moments...

Plus ... whatever day/days it was that they were doing the painting, xtina told her neighbor (Mrs. Alander) that she and her husband were painting the inside of the garage as well some rooms in the house.

That was reported by Richard Alander, but he was not asked whether the garage was open at the time and whether or not his wife could see inside. I hope the wife gives an interview to someone, since she's the one who intereacted w/xtina the most (and overheard xtina and cesar talking outside the night before he went awol.

is America's Most Wanted on Saturday? :behindbar

I think they are confusing the information. Unless the information came from some other source than the Alanders.

Mr. Alander said his wife had said that Christina had said they were going to paint a few rooms and the garage, NOT that she saw her painting.

I know there is a lot of misinformation going on with this, but CNN is directly quoting Rick Sutherland, in the report:

"Neighbors claim to have seen Laurean's wife Christina painting the inside of her home recently", Sutherland said.

And wasn't there a report somewhere of someone who noticed a bunch of paint cans? ........ I dont remember if it was on Laureans' porch or driveway or what ....

somewhere along the line, I got the impression that the reason xtina told wanda about the painting was as an explanation for some activity ... whether it be unloading painting type equipment ... or what....:confused:

I dunno... I don't think she was involved in this murder. As far as waiting to tell the police -- she's in a car with her husband who tells her a girl is dead and he buried her and he says, "Are You With Me?" -- she was probably scared out of her mind.

I'm not going to blame her for not running immediately to the police. She was probably trying to protect herself and her daughter.

I dunno... I don't think she was involved in this murder. As far as waiting to tell the police -- she's in a car with her husband who tells her a girl is dead and he buried her and he says, "Are You With Me?" -- she was probably scared out of her mind.

I'm not going to blame her for not running immediately to the police. She was probably trying to protect herself and her daughter.
The thing is: The being in the car, if it happened, happened on 01/10/08.

And the painting over the blood occured at least a week before that ... I read somewhere that they had receipts from his purchase of the paint on 12/16/07 ........ and that would constitute at the very least obstruction of justice, tampering with a crime scene.

Especially when she came home after the 12/14 xmas party to see the condition of her walls, ceilings and garage ....... when it had looked MUCH different when she left the house that morning.

:behindbar

I think they are confusing the information. Unless the information came from some other source than the Alanders.

Mr. Alander said his wife had said that Christina had said they were going to paint a few rooms and the garage, NOT that she saw her painting.
Hmmm...I thought you were correct until I was typing it just now...but it made me think. I know the wife said that (I heard her say it in an interview, but haven't found it yet), but I think I recall Mr. Alander stating he SAW them in the garage painting at some point, too.

I was just telling my husband how strange it was that Christina wasn't an active-duty Marine when this case all started but she is now. And I asked him if they could call a specific reserve soldier up to active duty for a particular reason (as opposed to calling up a whole reserve unit.) He said yes, and now she's not free to take off, even if the civil authorities don't charge her with anything.
Thank you! I was trying to figure that one out myself. However, since she was only to be a "witness", why would the Marines be worried she would take off? When did her "active" duty status come back into play? Why all of the sudden? There are still questions.

I am not 100% sure on this but is it possible that the military called her back up to active duty to protect her from questioning or incrimination, or
to protect the military themselves as far as incrimination or statements released from her about the military dropping the ball.

I mean since she is active duty now, and the military is federal and can decide if they want jurisdiction over a case or not. And it seems as well that Onslow Co. didn't want to step on anyone's toe's as far as the military was concerned. The military has kept her hidden well......and we still haven't seen a photo leaked of her.

Most cases we would find a photo somewhere somehow of a suspect or accomplice. I still for one second don't believe that if she was at the xmas party and her hubby had not shown up that she would just stay there and not call him or go home to see if he is ok. I would like to know what she told people at the party as to where he was.

If she made excuses like he is getting ready, or he isn't feeling well, or something like that.....then maybe she was covering for him so he could take care of any problem. If she honestly didn't know where he was wouldnt she atleast call him, or ride to the house to check on him? My hubby is Army and there is no way in the world I would stay at one of his unit xmas parties without him there.(unless he was deployed.....then maybe.)

Just a gut feeling that she knows more than they are releasing or more than she is telling.

If maria did go over there willingly to his house, then that really does question the fact of an affair rather than only the rape encounter. I just can't see after the rape allegations and that much time passing that she would just show up at his house after not talking to him for months.

Kel

this is exactly what the lawyers on Greta's show said tonight (well, last night now)....the only one that blames her was Ted

The thing is: The being in the car, if it happened, happened on 01/10/08.

And the painting over the blood occured at least a week before that ... I read somewhere that they had receipts from his purchase of the paint on 12/16/07 ........ and that would constitute at the very least obstruction of justice, tampering with a crime scene.

Especially when she came home after the 12/14 xmas party to see the condition of her walls, ceilings and garage ....... when it had looked MUCH different when she left the house that morning.

:behindbar

Ok, lets put ourselves in her shoes.
You come home from a party early in the afternoon, knowing your hubby got off work at 12pm.
And you walk in the house/garage and see all hell has broken loose, smelling cleaners and paint, dogs in the front yard.
What would you think?
Then hubby wants to repaint and the child has to play in the front yard where the street is and there's a pit in your backyard and part of the fence is gone.
Would you think something is wrong?
What would the average person think?:eek:

Ok, lets put ourselves in her shoes.
You come home from a party early in the afternoon, knowing your hubby got off work at 12pm.
And you walk in the house/garage and see all hell has broken loose, smelling cleaners and paint, dogs in the front yard.
What would you think?
Then hubby wants to repaint and the child has to play in the front yard where the street is and there's a pit in your backyard and part of the fence is gone.
Would you think something is wrong?
What would the average person think?:eek:

Some women would do ANYTHING to protect their husbands (even if the husband is a lying )....SHe may have just jumped in and started helping ...trying to cover his butt, come up with a way to salvage her own familys life, not considering at all the fact that a murder has accured in her home. Perhaps all she was thinking is "How can I save my family".

I dont know all the facts, just specultating on what might have been going through her head. I dont think for a minute they thought they could conceal the fact that a murder took place in the home and a body was being conceiled in a pit, I think it was more like buying time to come up with a plan and make a geteway.

I was just thinking outloud, please excuse my spelling and grammer errors.
I am horrible at both.

So far, I have to agree with Shannon's theory about Christine.

I just don't buy that she didn't know NOTHING about Maria until 1/10.

Key word being NOTHING in this post.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members