Christina Laurean

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason we need to debate where the washer and dryer are located? My guess would be in a closet in the hallway actually...near the main bathroom. : )

"Two external" doors to the back yard?

Well that is certainly something different. Of course I do believe in each state and the envoronmental weather comes into play on what the majority of houses would be built as.

Personally, I haven't heard of, or seen two doors that lead outside to the backyard from a house.

FRM: Is that a statement that you heard and has been corroborated?

Is there a reason we need to debate where the washer and dryer are located? My guess would be in a closet in the hallway actually...near the main bathroom. : )

I think it was because if it was in the garage, which is common in a small house, then she may have gone to the garage while it was in the process of being cleaned/painted.

"Two external" doors to the back yard?

Well that is certainly something different. Of course I do believe in each state and the envoronmental weather comes into play on what the majority of houses would be built as.

Personally, I haven't heard of, or seen two doors that lead outside to the backyard from a house.

FRM: Is that a statement that you heard and has been corroborated?

I know you didn't ask me, but it was pointed out and clarified last night on Greta. One door went to the garage, and the other the living room.

Thanks for the responses on my question on the doors, washer and dryer etc.

SS: I wasn't trying to debate.

Are you feeling okay??

I have lived in two smaller tract-type houses similar to the Laurean's in my life - one had the WD in the garage and one in the hallway of the house. Since the garage isn't usually heated, often the WD being there has to do with the climate. In places without basements like TX, FL, Coastal NC, SC, LA, GA, etc the garage is a common place for the WD. But in places like OK, MO, KS - it gets much colder and the WD kinda has to be inside the house or the garage heated in winter to avoid frozen pipes. As far as doors - ONE house had the access to the backyard ONLY thru the garage, the other had access from the house directly to the patio and NO access from the garage to the backyard.

And NEWER houses, at least here in temperate Texas, and in my BIL's region in Wilmington, NC have MANY doors to the back yard. BIL's custom-built house in NC has like 5 or 6 doors to the backyard - including one door he specially requested that opens from the rear of the garage in the "workshop" area to the backyard. Our last house in Dallas had 4 HUGE doors (2 patio doors, 2 french doors) that opened to the backyard/patio - but none from the garage (garage opened onto driveway on an alley) - access to the backyard was from the driveway thru a gate). Our current house has 5 doors to the backyard from the house and again NO door from the garage to the backyard - here you have to go outside and across the driveway and go thru a gate and down another walkway alongside the house to get to the backyard. Both houses you walk thru the utility room (with the WD) to enter the house from the garage.

I never thought about it till now, but I have never lived in a house my WHOLE LIFE that had both a door from the HOUSE to the backyard and one from the GARAGE into the backyard. The only houses I have seen with both a garage-backyard door and house-backyard door were custom-built or a total remodel.

I think a LOT is dependent on the age of the house, and the climate - I have lived in 6 different states though, and in houses from older small and basic, to new, large and upscale. In my experience only remodeled or custom-built houses have BOTH a garage door to the backyard and doors from the HOUSE to the backyard and only houses in warmer climates and houses built in the 50's -70's have the WD connections in the garage. Later - even in warmer climates, the WD is in the house somewhere.

Just My Experience Tho....

It would make sense he used the wheelbarrow to move her body so I don't understand why they would not have taken it in as evidence either. I think that might have been a mistake on their part. We learned in the Peterson case that blood mixed with water still leaves a certain staining, if I recall correctly what Dr. Baden said at one point.

Greta asked Sutherland about the wheelbarrow, and he said they found it toward the back of the backyard and it was already filled with water at that time. Of course, they didnt find it until 1/11, so it could have sat out there in the yard getting rained on for a month.

As greta pointed out last night, the wheelbarrow looked new and still had the Lowes stickers on it.

did anyone notice when the Sheriff was talking to Greta and she asked about Christina, he definitely doubted her innocence? Is there a transcript to read his exact words?

I havent see a transcript yet. Some of greta's interviews have transcripts, but some do not. I dont know how much the court reporters (if that's who they use) charge per page, but it is pretty expensive, so it's possible that Greta doesn't have the budget to afford to have everything transcribed.

anyway, there seems to be no rhyme or reason ..... maybe they wait to see which clips get the most hits and then go ahead and transcribe those before taking the clip off their website? :confused:

Has anyone ever had a gnawing thought that won't go away but you don't know what it is?
Well, I've had one for days now and I just realized what it was this morning.
This might have already been discussed or even might be considered trivial.
But, IIRC, the note supposedly left by Maria at the home she was renting from Durham and which Durham found when he got home, supposedly said, (this is not the exact quote but close enough)

"I could not take the Marines any longer."

If you are the writer, wouldn't you have written, "I can't take the Marines any longer?

Can't being in the present tense and could being in the past tense??

That has stuck in my craw, too! (you got the antlers, I got the craw) :mad:

Because, as you said, past tense. Maybe somebody else wrote that note and, being in a hurry, used the past tense because they knew Maria was already dead.

Think capture! :behindbar

Bloody shoe on the stoop would have been a good thing to have taken the first time for evidence, too. (Now they can say it WAS planted.)

How could it be planted when the mate to it was inside the garage? Do they say the mate was planted, too?

Greta finding The shoe is suspicious, if I weren't getting to know the style of LE here, with their shoddy missing person followup, dowsing rods, skewed timelines, fruitless chase, and allowing reporters to traipse through the crime scene.

So, bloody shoe legit? Yeah, maybe.

It would seem so, boody ........ didnt seem staged:

According to Greta's "Crime Scene Tour" video, it was Sheriff Brown who noticed the shoe as they returned from the backyard to the house. And he immediately called for CSI to come pick it up.

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

Was it ever determined if he stashed her in the woods and moved her later to the back yard?

In Greta's interview w/Sutherland, when she was asking him about Christina's demeanor as she was telling her story to the FBI, he alluded to the buriel in the woods that was written in the note by CL was a false statement, and that the one and only place Maria/Gabriella were buried were right in Xtina's own backyard.

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

How could it be planted when the mate to it was inside the garage? Do they say the mate was planted, too?
I am not saying it was planted. I am saying that since it was missed during the first search warrant even if it were laying in plain sight where it was finally found...a defense Atty. would rip it to shreds as evidence in court or keep it completely out of court due to "chain of command" issues etc. It is what I would imagine a good defense Atty. would come up with tho. :rolleyes:

Another thing that Brown mentioned was the corner of the yard where Christina said the "suicide" actually took place. Of course, that was another lie. (Was this in the note?!)

Another thing that Brown mentioned was the corner of the yard where Christina said the "suicide" actually took place. Of course, that was another lie. (Was this in the note?!)

Yeah, how could the note describe that particular place? He must have shown her the spot. Plus, wouldn't she notice that there was no blood in that spot? Even if Christina wasn't involved (and I think she was) there must be a point where completely willful ignorance crosses the line into aiding and abetting. I still can't get over the fact that Maria's body must have been in the Laurean house for a day before she was burned/buried.

I still can't get over the fact that Maria's body must have been in the Laurean house for a day before she was burned/buried.

So when did the hubby make the pit, the day he borrowed the shovel?

I don't know how they will ever determine where she was or exactly her time of death. With the condition of the body, it would seem impossible to come up with such information. For all we know, Cesar kept her alive for a period of time and possibly overnight. (If his statement is partially true, he did keep her alive to go buy the bus ticket...at the very least.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tc30