Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an aside:

When my husbands wing has Christmas parties usually there is one around lunch (full up friday as they call them) usually just for the members of the wing, and then there is a second, family Christmas party.

I'm wondering if there may have been two different parties, and Christina went to the evening one and was waiting for Cpl then.

JMHO

December 14
Lauterbach reported to work. Her workday ended at noon for a Christmas party, which she did not attend. Sgt. Durham returned to their home and says he finds a note from Lauterbach that expressed her desire to leave the Marine Corps. Sgt. Durham said her car was gone, and some personal items were taken. Marine command determined that Lauterbach had gone U.A. Investigators find that Lauterbach withdrew $700 from a Jacksonville, N.C. ATM, and bought a Greyhound bus ticket to El Paso.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=52333

The more I dwell on Christina's involvement, the more convinced I am that either she's the stupidest woman in the world or knew what was going on.

• Maria disappears on the 14th and the shovel wasn't borrowed until the 16th.
  • The car is seen on the 17th with CL driving it.
  • Christina's story seems to be "evolving".
  • The neighbor asks about paint cans after Christmas and Christina says that they're going to be doing some painting. So it seems that the "clean up" wasn't quite completed. It may have been left in a state that friends might not notice, but surely a spouse would.

Just an observation, but if it wasn't for the neighbor seeing Christina and Cesar arguing in the driveway, I would have thought he split the night before.

I thought Nancy Grace's show last nite was excellent esp what Mike Brooks had to say about SOMEONE HELPING CESARE,JMO,MOO>>>>
Laurean`s Wife May Have Known of Murder a Day Before Contacting Police
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/17/ng.01.html

Aired January 17, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET

Snip.............
MIKE BROOKS: ... got search warrants. Also, you know, first of all, who`s sending this money? You should be able to -- we should be able to find that out from that search warrant. They also have search warrants for his mom, Elvira`s (ph) phone, area 702, and that is South Nevada, Clark County. And also, they`ve got search warrants for both Christina`s phone and Cesar`s phone. We shall see.
herer is another statement from Mike Brooks...............

NG -I want to go out to Mike Brooks...................

Mike Brooks, right now, let`s take a look at the search. Is there any way, do you think, he planted this evidence? The ID card, at the bus station, you know, her going in to a different bus station and buying a ticket, parking his car near the airport. For all we know, he could have walked across the Canadian border and we`re all focused on Mexico.

MIKE BROOKS: He could have, Nancy. And that`s why the search warrants especially on the phones, especially on the phone to his mother is going to be very, very important because people who are on the run, they usually call a relative. For some reason, they always -- and as you always say, Nancy, they always run home to mama.

But we don`t know exactly where he is right now. Did he do this? And the other question is, you know, was he smart enough to do this? Did he do it by himself? That is the big question. But you know, this whole thing about calling him MacGyver.

Nancy, we talked -- if he was MacGyver, he`s not going to be strapped to a typewriter. He`s going to be force recon Marine. But I`m thinking that he probably did not do this by himself.

GRACE: Why?

BROOKS: I just don`t think that he -- he probably has the wherewithal. You know, maybe he`s on the run. Did he have, you know, did he have someone drop that ATM card at the bus station in Durham? Did he have someone park that truck at that hotel between Raleigh and Durham? You know -- and then there was this alleged sighting which we haven`t heard anything more of at a bus station in Shreveport, Louisiana last weekend. You know, I`m just thinking. *** Note~~ Who helped him, his wife Christina???JMO

GRACE: I got another question for you.

BROOKS: Sure.

GRACE: What genius would hand over the murder weapon, a crowbar, to somebody else? To let somebody else, a witness, then come forward and give it to the police.

BROOKS: Or, you know, unless he was trying to working with this crowbar somewhere else and left it somewhere, with one of his friends. And then, he said -- they said, well, we know, whoa, what is this thing over here? Oh maybe this is the murder weapon. You know? Who knows? And the other question is: who knows how many other people knew about this? You know, and the whole thing with the barbecue in the backyard, with the Marines, ah, just -- it`s disgusting.

The more I dwell on Christina's involvement, the more convinced I am that either she's the stupidest woman in the world or knew what was going on.
  • Maria disappears on the 14th and the shovel wasn't borrowed until the 16th.
  • The car is seen on the 17th with CL driving it.
  • Christina's story seems to be "evolving".
  • The neighbor asks about paint cans after Christmas and Christina says that they're going to be doing some painting. So it seems that the "clean up" wasn't quite completed. It may have been left in a state that friends might not notice, but surely a spouse would.
Just an observation, but if it wasn't for the neighbor seeing Christina and Cesar arguing in the driveway, I would have thought he split the night before.
All of those dates are coming from the neighbor. The neighbor could be wrong.

OK, who used the ATM card and how did they get the PIN code? Could have been something obvious like a birthdate, but one might not be so eager to wander up to an ATM and chance trying a guess at the PIN knowing they had just killed the card's owner. So, could the first use have been Maria with killer behind capturing the code? Of course, this would dramatically shorten any cleanup time and does not look so good for Christina. We don't know the time on the first ATM use do we? As I recall first use was on the 14th (possibly either before or soon after she was killed). Second use was white male who reportedly tried to conceal the camera - no mre on description of the male. Have they shown any video from either ATM use?

OK, who used the ATM card and how did they get the PIN code? Could have been something obvious like a birthdate, but one might not be so eager to wander up to an ATM and chance trying a guess at the PIN knowing they had just killed the card's owner. So, could the first use have been Maria with killer behind capturing the code? Of course, this would dramatically shorten any cleanup time and does not look so good for Christina. We don't know the time on the first ATM use do we? As I recall first use was on the 14th (possibly either before or soon after she was killed). Second use was white male who reportedly tried to conceal the camera - no mre on description of the male. Have they shown any video from either ATM use?

Good point.
The time line of the first atm transaction. That and stg dunham's time line on the 14th...

LE confirmed the withdrawal on December 24th with her ATM card was made by Cesar Laurean. (It was stated by Sheriff Brown in a presser, I think.)

They believe she did make the withdrawal of $400.00 on December 14th and bought the bus ticket at 5:00pm.

LE confirmed the withdrawal on December 24th with her ATM card was made by Cesar Laurean. (It was stated by Sheriff Brown in a presser, I think.)

They believe she did make the withdrawal of $400.00 on December 14th and bought the bus ticket at 5:00pm.

5pm...woow, that's huge.
Wify got home early afternoon from the party, not evening. Which we still don't know the actual time.
Tks ss, you did good.......:blowkiss:

Could Xtina walked in on him Assaulting Maria...and all hell broke loose from there? Would explain the anger behind everything. (my line of thinking is, to get blood spatters on the ceiling, someone was running on pure adrenalin at some point) Plus, I dunno, it seems it was more of obliterating her(the burning, the burying, the "bon fire" over her, the "party" afterwards...And I don't know if it has to do entirely with just DNA evidence....

Oh could it have been that the wife comes home and finds Maria there and that is what begins the assault? What would be the expected response from a wife who's husband is accused of rape if she comes home and finds her husband and his pregnant accuser both in her home, she had been expecting her husband to show up at the party and he never did, what was going through her mind by the time she walked through that door? She also is a Marine, what kind of training has she had?

VB

Oh could it have been that the wife comes home and finds Maria there and that is what begins the assault? What would be the expected response from a wife who's husband is accused of rape if she comes home and finds her husband and his pregnant accuser both in her home, she had been expecting her husband to show up at the party and he never did, what was going through her mind by the time she walked through that door? She also is a Marine, what kind of training has she had?

VB

She would be one pissed off Chica!

I still believe we will find out that Christina's story doesn't hold water. I think they both planned it and executed it. To think of them having that barbeque with the body of Maria and her baby in the pit is one of the most henious acts I have ever heard of.
Cold and calculating.
I hope the both of them fry!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/shar...p/National/Missing_Marine.html?cxntlid=inform

Marine's Wife Waited to Report Death

The wife of the key suspect in the slaying of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine waited almost 24 hours after learning of the woman's death to go to authorities, according to court documents released Thursday.

The sheriff's affidavit, which details the account Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean's wife gave to detectives, does not provide an explanation for why she waited. Police have consistently described her as a cooperating witness, and she does not face charges.
Laurean told his wife, Christina, while driving to their attorney's office last Thursday that Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach visited the couple's home on Dec. 15, demanded money and told him she planned to leave the area, according the affidavit.

Lauterbach had accused Laurean of rape in May, a charged he denied to military investigators.

Laurean asked his wife whether she was "with him on this" as they headed to the attorney's office, according to the affidavit. She responded: "I do not know. Is there anything you have not told me?" That's when Laurean told her what had happened, the affidavit states.

He told his wife that he and Lauterbach purchased a bus ticket for her to El Paso, Texas, but that she later returned to their home and they began to argue. He claimed Lauterbach produced a knife and slit her own throat. Laurean also told his wife he then buried Lauterbach in the woods near their home, the documents state.

Laurean disappeared the next day, leaving behind a note in which he repeated his claims that Lauterbach killed herself.

Maybe Christina was scared he would kill her also.

Posted: Today at 7:45 a.m.
Updated: Today at 10:21 a.m.

Jacksonville — Onslow County authorities said Friday they do not believe Christina Laurean was at her house when a pregnant Marine was killed. They believe she was at a Christmas party during that time.

Laurean’s husband, Camp Lejeune Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, is wanted in the death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

Sheriff's officials said Thursday that investigators believe Cesar Laurean killed Lauterbach, 20, on Dec. 14. Authorities described Christina Laurean as a cooperating witness and said they have no plans to charge her.

more at link below

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2321610/

VB

I thought that too VB - IMO if I were her..my emotions would have been rampant...fuming because of waiting for him to show up...then pulling onto the street, and seeing his car still there..possibly her car...and then to go in and find her there....While I don't think it would make me lose that much control, I can understand the emotions that would be running rampant.

So Let me ask this - IF that were the case..and Xtina did it..IF she would have came clean...COULD it have been considered a "crime of passion" or "heat of the moment' type thing?

Clearly it appears that Maria was murdered on the 14th after 5:00 p.m. However, Christina is reporting that Cesar told her he helped Maria buy the bus ticket on the 15th. Huge discrepancy! However, it appears that Christina is saying she wasn't around on the 15th and he had the opportunity that Saturday to dispose of Maria and clean up.

So where was she?
Where was their daughter?

Think interviewing and re interviewing the neighbors might be way to go with who/where/time, everyone was at.

So where was she?
Where was their daughter?

The 15th was a Saturday and it was right before Christmas. Maybe Christina
was shopping with a Friend or family member for Christmas gift. LE apparently knows something we don,t. Could there be a witness to Christina's
were abouts that day and they are not releasing the info until they are able to verify. I can just hear CL saying take this Money ($700) and go christmas shopping for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie