CA CA - Christina Murphy, nurse, Kern County, 22 July 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cocomod

Reaction score
I understand her friends are upset, that would be terrible to know your friend was inside that submerged vehicle. But I also understand KCSO position as well, it’s simply too dangerous to remove the vehicle at current flows. Sad situation.

I had to stop watching because it is too upsetting. I don’t get it, she is probably in there and family is waiting, where is LE ?! Or have I misunderstood??

LE came out to the scene, stayed for 4 hours, left without talking to AWP. They say it is too dangerous, but AWP dove to the car in less than 10 minutes. AWP is beyond frustrated because LE also won't give them permission to pull the car out themselves. They were all set to hook up the car for LE, but LE just left the scene without even looking at the video footage they had of the car.

LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. (KERO) — After a viral video claimed law enforcement wasn't doing enough to remove a submerged vehicle owned by missing person Christina Murphy, many residents reached out to 23ABC saying they believed the situation was unjust. However, a life-long friend and two family members of Murphy say that video didn't tell the full story - and has brought them more pain.

LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. (KERO) — After a viral video claimed law enforcement wasn't doing enough to remove a submerged vehicle owned by missing person Christina Murphy, many residents reached out to 23ABC saying they believed the situation was unjust. However, a life-long friend and two family members of Murphy say that video didn't tell the full story - and has brought them more pain.

Oh wow, thank you for posting this article. I didn’t watch the AWP video. I don’t watch anything with JL in it, this story just cements my opinion of him.

My thoughts are with Christina’s kids.

Oh wow, thank you for posting this article. I didn’t watch the AWP video. I don’t watch anything with JL in it, this story just cements my opinion of him.

My thoughts are with Christina’s kids.
Exactly. I don't think he waited quite long enough for people to forget just what a rat *advertiser censored* he really is.

On September 14, the KCSO said water conditions improved and SAR teams could attempt a recovery of the submerged vehicle in the Kern River.

However, the water was still too fast for divers to safely recover the vehicle. SAR teams then used a boat to access the vehicle.

Nobody was located inside. Deputies determined the vehicle belonged to a Christina Murphy who was reported missing on July

Last edited:
Interesting, so does that mean Christina’s body is somewhere in the Kern River undiscovered as yet?

Most likely, but can we rule out the possibility that she got out and is missing? Is the belief that she drove into the river by accident or that she crashed and rolled into the river or something? I'm ignorant on this. Is it due to the pressure that all the windows blew out and if so, why do we find so many bodies in the actual vehicles? I would think the current would carry bodies away if that's typical.

Most likely, but can we rule out the possibility that she got out and is missing? Is the belief that she drove into the river by accident or that she crashed and rolled into the river or something? I'm ignorant on this. Is it due to the pressure that all the windows blew out and if so, why do we find so many bodies in the actual vehicles? I would think the current would carry bodies away if that's typical.
Read the article in post #6 for background info.

Read the article in post #6 for background info.

I did, but I'm still confused. It makes it sound like it was an accident, then car ended up in the river. If it was an accident, where was the accident and how did it not stop momentum of the car going forward? I'm having trouble picturing exactly what happened.

I did, but I'm still confused. It makes it sound like it was an accident, then car ended up in the river. If it was an accident, where was the accident and how did it not stop momentum of the car going forward? I'm having trouble picturing exactly what happened.

sometimes the accident is going into the river itself mistakenly
some people miss a turn or drive down a boat ramp not realizing where they're going until it's too late
in modern day it's sometimes people blindly following inaccurate gps

Last edited:
Much of the information on this case is not available in MSM. Primarily because it was Christina’s friends who went looking for her after it was learned she didn’t make it home. Search her name on Facebook.

Think steep mountain two lane road, canyon wall on one side, fast moving Kern river at the bottom. No margin of error on the river side, if you were to wander or over correct. Yes there are guard rails, but with any speed/momentum, you’re going over.

sometimes the accident is going into the river itself mistakenly
some people miss a turn or drive down a boat ramp not realizing where they're going until it's too late
in modern day it's sometimes people blindly following inaccurate gps

Right, but do the windows blow out in that case and the body float away? That's the part I'm having trouble with. Sounds like there was a lot of damage to the car, some of which likely happened in the water. But in other cases, seems the body is in the car and divers don't usually mention the windows all being blown out. It could be body of water specific I suppose.

Much of the information on this case is not available in MSM. Primarily because it was Christina’s friends who went looking for her after it was learned she didn’t make it home. Search her name on Facebook.

Think steep mountain two lane road, canyon wall on one side, fast moving Kern river at the bottom. No margin of error on the river side, if you were to wander or over correct. Yes there are guard rails, but with any speed/momentum, you’re going over.

That helps. Thanks. Such a sad case.

The water flow on Sept. 14 was reported at 700 cubic feet per second, compared to 1000 CFS on Sept. 10. Officials say the water level has dropped 20 feet since July 23.

Full video of car being removed at link. There is one intact window, rear passenger window, the rest were all blown out. It's also said the driver seat belt was not deployed.

1726528726002.png
1726528844881.png

1726528902489.png

After seeing the damage to the vehicle, coupled with the water flow data. IMO, it's not suspicious Christina was not found in the vehicle. But we'll see what the investigation - which is still active, comes up with.

He seems to be so narcissistic to me. Always wanting/needing to be the hero. He's not really about the victims...he's about himself.
My opinion only of course!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back