Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Powell's two sons were very upset when they were told during a visit at the home of Chuck Cox last year that it was time to go.
"He didn't want to let go of my arm. I had to physically pick him up and set him on the couch," Susan's aunt Pam Cox said in a statement filed in court.
The information was revealed in new documents from last week's shelter care dependency hearing involving the children of Susan Cox Powell that have been made public.

Read More:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...uck-Coxs-sister-released-in-custody-case.html

Thinking of the boys today and hope the visit is non-eventful. I sure pray that someone is keeping a close eye on JP!

MOO

Mel

I'm hoping that the visits are at least mildly eventful. Like the boys asking if Mommy is with him. Or talking about things they saw with him on the camping trip. Or talking about the last time they saw Mommy. I mean kids are so honest and innocent and what would be more natural than to ask Dad about any questions they may have thought of while they were separated.

According to Dr. Martha Stout in her book 'The Sociopath Next Door', sociopaths will marry but never for love. Their relationships allow them to appear normal.

A sociopath doesn't have long lasting relationships. Nor do they have real genuine feelings of love. They seek relationships for their own selfish purpose such as sex, money, status, connections, etc. They try to emulate normal behavior but fail in the long run.

That is fascinating. My cousin's ex -- led an outwardly normal successful business life -- was one of those. Cold as ice he became in the bedroom and SICK SICK SICK. She finally had a breakdown from it. I do not believe JP is capable of love either. I don't see it in him. Not for anyone. All I see is tears for HIMSELF and pity for HIMSELF but never true unselfish love for anyone else. We don't know what he went through growing up with SP, but that probably had a lot to do with it.

Susan Powell's two sons were very upset when they were told during a visit at the home of Chuck Cox last year that it was time to go.
"He didn't want to let go of my arm. I had to physically pick him up and set him on the couch," Susan's aunt Pam Cox said in a statement filed in court.
The information was revealed in new documents from last week's shelter care dependency hearing involving the children of Susan Cox Powell that have been made public.

Read More:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...uck-Coxs-sister-released-in-custody-case.html

Part of the judge's ruling last week also called for counseling for the boys, a psychological evaluation for Josh Powell

Oh, this should be good. I wonder how long JP has to show up for the evaluation. Something tells me he's going to avoid it for as long as possible or until he thinks he's well rehearsed. Every day I thank God Susans children are away from that environment. Parts of that article was just sad. The Coxes had to breathe a huge sigh of relief when they were given the boys.

Part of the judge's ruling last week also called for counseling for the boys, a psychological evaluation for Josh Powell

Oh, this should be good. I wonder how long JP has to show up for the evaluation. Something tells me he's going to avoid it for as long as possible or until he thinks he's well rehearsed. Every day I thank God Susans children are away from that environment. Parts of that article was just sad. The Coxes had to breathe a huge sigh of relief when they were given the boys.

He has had 2 years to rehearse. But, thankfully, daddy dearest will not be able to help him gather up his thoughts before he has to go in. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in his counseling sessions. I also wish I could be a fly on the wall in the boy's counseling sessions. I really wonder what those darling boys might reveal about JP and SP. I am just SO happy that they are with the Cox family now.

I wonder if JP will continue to show up for his supervised visits? I wonder if he had a visit with the boys on Sunday. Oh how I pray for those boys.

Josh's judgment has obviously been impaired. He doesn't want his kids with family because HE doesn't like them.
It's the same mentality so many have during a divorce. They aren't impartial, it's very common.

The problem here is, that it very likely already has and could go much farther than just that.
That makes him unstable, potentially dangerous and and unfit to make decisions for those kids.

The kids are living with Grandpa right now.
Yet Josh said IN court he wants that restraining order put back in place for Grandpa as soon as HE gets HIS boys back.

"You are going to live with Grandpa... and then I am going to rip him away all over again.

Your feelings do not matter to me, because I don't like Grandpa so you cannot like him either."

That tells me all I need to know. :twocents:

I do not think that Josh would kill his kids and run to Canada.
The only way I think Josh would kill his kids is if he was killing himself as well.

I could be wrong... and Josh might be completely incapable of hurting his sons.
I guess we could give the kids back to him and see whether I'm right or not....

Somehow though... I think making sure he doesn't have the opportunity would be better. :twocents:

As I've said... I drive two hours one way with a few minutes notice, to take my kids to see EX in-laws. They come first.

I have REAL in-law issues. Previous abuse issues, threats, disregarding appropriate medical care that could kill my children issues.
REAL reasons to not want in-laws caring for my kids (they never have and never will.)

Even *I* would prefer my kids be with my in-laws rather than complete strangers as long as those issues were being watched.
The religion and "they don't like me" issues drive me nuts but would not factor in once a situation was that extreme.

My in-laws would not fight for my kids anyway unless people heard about it and it looked back, so it would be a non issue.
Josh should be grateful that HIS kids have Grandparents who give a d@mn. Sure wish MINE did. :twocents:

One thing I've learned about murder and suicide is that you can't always predict either one.

He has had 2 years to rehearse. But, thankfully, daddy dearest will not be able to help him gather up his thoughts before he has to go in. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in his counseling sessions. I also wish I could be a fly on the wall in the boy's counseling sessions. I really wonder what those darling boys might reveal about JP and SP. I am just SO happy that they are with the Cox family now.

I wonder if JP will continue to show up for his supervised visits? I wonder if he had a visit with the boys on Sunday. Oh how I pray for those boys.

BBM

during the conversations at the WA house these days. Just how could those conversations be going for everyone?

IMO

steve's projection's drove josh

Fuel to the fire,but I think Josh could be nasty all by himself.
He was raised by Steve ,which influenced the person he became and Steve knew which buttons to push,but Josh made his own decisions. Jennifer proves it didn't have to turn out this way. JMO

I've been wondering, if Josh doesn't do the psychological evaluation he agreed to in court, would that be enough for the judge to grant permanent custody to the Cox family?

I've been wondering, if Josh doesn't do the psychological evaluation he agreed to in court, would that be enough for the judge to grant permanent custody to the Cox family?

I think the Judge has plenty already. But if he refuses the evaluation, that would be the nail in his coffin as far as custody goes.

My heart goes out to those precious boys. I really hope they can stay with the Cox family and regain a link to their loving mother and gain some normalcy in their day to day lives.
I hope the judge has a heart and some common sense. :rose: :rose::rose:

I just read back through the posts of the day. As much as I want to know all of the filthy truth of what happened to Susan, I want those precious little boys to come away with whole, healthy minds. To grow up to be psychologically and emotionally stable adults - and some day husbands and fathers. I hope Chuck Cox and his wife are strong enough and the law of the land is strong enough to help them. With that said, it would probably be a good thing if anything these boys say is kept very guarded from our prying eyes and ears. That their pictures from this day forward were sheilded as well. Dear lord hear my prayer! In all my nosey snooping I would never want to harm them.

Great post, I agree! Those two little boys are foremost on my mind and have been all the time. Hopefully they are young enough that the right kind of counseling can help them and they can come out of this healthy and happy.
I hope and pray that Susan is found, but I know that she would want her boys to be safe and not have to live with horrible memories.
I have every faith that the Coxes will shower them with love and tenderness. Sometimes that works better than anything else, just to know they are loved and protected.

I think children do remember quite a lot at that age. Remember OJ Simpson's 8 year-old daughter saying she heard "mommy's friend's voice" and "mommy crying" outside during those murders? But we never heard her say she also heard daddy's voice? I always wondered about that but it could have been that at the age of 8, she already knew to be protective of her father. As an adult, I recently read she said she knows that her father killed her mother so I'm guessing she did hear his voice outside that night but was protecting him. Anyway.......I wonder if the oldest son at the age of 6, now has wisened up and will try and protect his father knowing that's the only parent he has left.

But that 'owee' comment sure is haunting. I pictured JP in the bedroom with Susan lying there dead and maybe a red stain on the middle of her chest and asking daddy what happened? And he got nervous and just said, "she got an owee". Oy. How bad is that? And the child probably kept repeating it and repeating it as kids do so JP never let him talk to anyone.

Weren't the boys 2 and 4 when Susan disappeared? Most 2 year olds don't have that much recall and some 4 year olds wouldn't either, unless they were asked at that time. Two years later, it might be almost impossible to get anything substantial out of an interview.
The 'owie' comment is haunting indeed. I wonder if LE ever attempted to talk to them back then, just to find out if they saw or knew something. Kids that young will sometimes refuse to talk about something so traumatic, and hold it in for years and it might take a very skilled psychologist to bring it out. I do know that LE doesn't always consider kids that young to be very reliable witnesses and if a parent refuses to allow them to be questioned, their hands are tied.
I hope and pray these boys did not witness their mother being murdered, I don't think there is enough therapy in the world to erase that horror from their minds.

Weren't the boys 2 and 4 when Susan disappeared? Most 2 year olds don't have that much recall and some 4 year olds wouldn't either, unless they were asked at that time. Two years later, it might be almost impossible to get anything substantial out of an interview.
The 'owie' comment is haunting indeed. I wonder if LE ever attempted to talk to them back then, just to find out if they saw or knew something. Kids that young will sometimes refuse to talk about something so traumatic, and hold it in for years and it might take a very skilled psychologist to bring it out. I do know that LE doesn't always consider kids that young to be very reliable witnesses and if a parent refuses to allow them to be questioned, their hands are tied.
I hope and pray these boys did not witness their mother being murdered, I don't think there is enough therapy in the world to erase that horror from their minds.

They remember if it is tramatic. My 22 month old grandson related an incident after 2 years had passed and no one was aware he knew what happened yet he all of a sudden he started to talk about it. They are little sponges and if they can get it out before they are much older the better they will be for it. Let's hope counseling will help. jmo

I sure hope they didn't witness that horror either. Yeah, I don't think the 2 year old will remember anything. If either child was traumatized by what they saw, I think that sticks in the memory for life. If something was routine to them, they probably would not recall that particular event. I was 3 yrs old when my mother went into the hospital to have my baby sister. I didn't know this - I only knew she was gone (back in the 60's when people didn't talk to kids much) and I was terrified and screaming in the kitchen because a woman friend of my father's (who was cold and I did not like) was making us dinner. They both told me to just shut up. Anyway.......I remember that event so clearly and the smell of the spaghetti cooking and what they said and what they did because I was scared because my mother was suddenly gone. So if the older one had any fear or worry about his mother that night from what he saw or heard, I think that will stick with him, and he will eventually be able to tell it under the right counseling.

I'm very leery of counselors talking to children ever since the McMartin School debacle.

I hope they record every second the therapist is with the kid. I hope that the kid tells them something they didn't know that breaks the case, but only somebody who was there could possibly know. It seems that it's very easy to implant memories in children. JMO

ETA: If Josh knows that one or more of the kids knows something and could spit it out now, I'd do anything I could to make sure they never had to take the stand. I'd come clean and avoid a trial altogether.

The counselors can't avoid the Mommy issue so they will be discussing it. But I know a lot is done with drawings. They can tell a lot by what they draw. Let's hope. jmo

My heart goes out to those precious boys. I really hope they can stay with the Cox family and regain a link to their loving mother and gain some normalcy in their day to day lives.
I hope the judge has a heart and some common sense. :rose: :rose::rose:

Josh would have made sure that they either forgot Susan and the Cox's or hated Susan and the Cox's .
This way they will grow up knowing their mother through the grandparents.
I do hope the Cox's don't bash Josh too much or too often for the boys well-being. Visiting him in jail :praying: will be hard enough .

Josh would have made sure that they either forgot Susan and the Cox's or hated Susan and the Cox's .
This way they will grow up knowing their mother through the grandparents.
I do hope the Cox's don't bash Josh too much or too often for the boys well-being. Visiting him in jail :praying: will be hard enough .

As quiet and upstanding as Chuck has been, I just do not see them bashing Josh to the boys at all. IMHO I think they will likely bypass any discussion of their dad whenever possible.

The ONLY reason that they began an offensive against Josh is because he and Steven started on trying to publish Susan's teenage journals. Chuck has been quiet for 2 years up until they pulled that stunt. They should have left well enough alone (if they had known what was good for them). Lucky for us, they didn't! Now, LE is taking it seriously and they is a targeted investigation finally! IMO

They remember if it is tramatic. My 22 month old grandson related an incident after 2 years had passed and no one was aware he knew what happened yet he all of a sudden he started to talk about it. They are little sponges and if they can get it out before they are much older the better they will be for it. Let's hope counseling will help. jmo

Not saying this didn't or can't happen, but many times I think the counselor has to rule out that the child didn't pick up his memories from adults discussing it in their presence. Like you mentioned, they absorb everything even when other' don't think they are paying attention or old enough to do so.

LE did talk to the oldest boy and this was the contention...or stated so by Josh for not talking to WVPD any further after the first week. IMO, no doubt Pop & JP have tried to manipulate his memory of that evening in multiple conversations with him or around him. I really do doubt that getting any info from him at this point would probably be very questionable; but those two boys could very well "let it rip" on what the tell of the Powell household. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6