Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BCBM

I agree with the exception of that one phrase. I don't think JP loves himself,but he does think he should be the one controlling his little Universe. JP probably loathes himself and his life, and he hates those who are better than him in every way.
That's why he hated Susan and the Cox's . Susan was everything good that he was not.
He couldn't let his boys grow up seeing that their father was useless ,weak and pathetic in comparison to their mother.
He hated Susan for bringing in the money that he controlled ,for being a better parent, for being attractive and well liked by others.

OT but the line in your post BBM really rings a bell from my past with a Sociopath... In his anger I remember him sometimes ranting how he HATED that EVERYONE like me and I didn't even have to work at it! Only just remembered that from long long ago. I do thank you for reminding me of that.

I don't think SP was trying to get arrested. Trying to pull some of the attention off JP maybe and trying to tarnish Susan's image, but not trying to get arrested.

SP did talk about having her journals. But I think that was a mistake on his part. He did say he would turn them over to the FBI, and he also said he was going to publish them. I think he was so set on justifying the image that he and JP were spreading about Susan that he never thought her teenage journals would be of any serious interest to LE.

Hearing about the journals, the friend decided to go public. The friend is the one who talked about the *advertiser censored* stash, and she never mentioned that there was anything illegal about it. She also talked about his 'crush' on Susan. And she mentioned that he had told her about having the temple garments. (But I believe he told her that before Susan went missing.)

SP then 'came out' to the media. He talked about his crush on Susan mostly. He fabricated her responses to his crush. He may even have briefly admitted to or alluded to the *advertiser censored*. But *advertiser censored* isn't illegal. And he thought he was safe. LE had already done a voluntary search of his home and found nothing.

But he never mentioned the temple garments. And I believe that the journals and the garments were the focus of the search. Finding the illegal activity was just icing on the cake and a way to arrest SP and separate JP and SP. But I don't think they went there looking for that.

I think the only reason SP began talking about his and Susan's alleged flirting episodes-- and the reason he showed up at the parking lot to harass Mr C was because of the cease and desist order in publishing the journals. He was striking back---full force after that. I don't know if it was just a control issue, if they were just up to the same ole antics of degrading Susan or the thought they could make some $ off of it....but he was torqued after that was squished. IMO

Curious, does anyone know if SP was going to the Mormon church or held their beliefs at anytime? Did his mother have Mormon roots? Was his hatred for the religion from his divorce or was he really an X-Mormon (joining the website) TIA

Thinking of the boys today and hope the visit is non-eventful. I sure pray that someone is keeping a close eye on JP!

MOO

Mel

Good article!

What must Josh Powell do to get his sons back?

With his children now in the custody of their maternal grandparents, there is only one way for Josh Powell to get them back, says one national child welfare expert.

Law enforcement must clear him as a person of interest in his wife Susan’s disappearance and of any participation in his father’s illegal activities.

“I can’t think of anything that would prompt the court to give the children back to him while that exists,” said Richard Wexler, executive director of the National Coalition for Child Protection Reform based in Alexandria, Va.

more at link

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52665446-78/powell-josh-judge-court.html.csp
I think even it those two obstacles were eliminated, his mental stability, imo, would still be in question. He allowed his father too much control over him--- and his father's parenting was warped...to say the least. IMO, JMO, etc.

I think the only reason SP began talking about his and Susan's alleged flirting episodes-- and the reason he showed up at the parking lot to harass Mr C was because of the cease and desist order in publishing the journals. He was striking back---full force after that. I don't know if it was just a control issue, if they were just up to the same ole antics of degrading Susan or the thought they could make some $ off of it....but he was torqued after that was squished. IMO

Curious, does anyone know if SP was going to the Mormon church or held their beliefs at anytime? Did his mother have Mormon roots? Was his hatred for the religion from his divorce or was he really an X-Mormon (joining the website) TIA

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52638750-78/powell-anderson-susan-police.html.csp

Powell respected that, said Anderson, then a divorced mom. And their friendship, largely centered around ex-Mormon social events, continued.

I just went to the Susan Powell website created by Josh and Steven - and on the page about Mormons mobilizing against Josh, it's written in 3rd person (but I believe it is Steven who is writing it), says that Jennifer has hated her father for 20 years because he is an ex Mormon.

I hope Steven isn't the type who sings in his cell. Don't know why the other prisoners are in jail - but it would be cruel and unusual punishment to be forced to hear him sing his Top Ten songs.

I hope Steven isn't the type who sings in his cell. Don't know why the other prisoners are in jail - but it would be cruel and unusual punishment to be forced to hear him sing his Top Ten songs.

He's gonna sing, alright...just not that kind of singing.

BCBM

I agree with the exception of that one phrase. I don't think JP loves himself,but he does think he should be the one controlling his little Universe. JP probably loathes himself and his life, and he hates those who are better than him in every way.
That's why he hated Susan and the Cox's . Susan was everything good that he was not.
He couldn't let his boys grow up seeing that their father was useless ,weak and pathetic in comparison to their mother.
He hated Susan for bringing in the money that he controlled ,for being a better parent, for being attractive and well liked by others.

I agree with you that he loathed himself, not loved himself. My wording was off. What I basically was trying to say is that he values his own life too much to end it. Even if he hates her goodness, he still somehow feels entitled to have things his way, and he might get "rid" of those things that make him feel bad about himself.

BBM

Perhaps a kazoo?

BCBM

steve's projection's drove josh

I wonder if Josh ever really loved Susan and wanted a life with her apart from his father and if so if he ever regretted letting his father shape his opinion about how he treated Susan. Does he ever regret not listening to Susan's objections to Steven's behavior?

I could be wrong, but maybe there was a time that there was some hope for Josh to break away from the dysfunctional parent he was raised by and to have a fresh start. But he looked backwards and leaned on his father for advise. That led to Josh losing both his wife and his children. Josh, are you happy now?

What was Steve Powells alibi on the night of Susan's disappearance?

Anyone?

I just went to the Susan Powell website created by Josh and Steven - and on the page about Mormons mobilizing against Josh, it's written in 3rd person (but I believe it is Steven who is writing it), says that Jennifer has hated her father for 20 years because he is an ex Mormon.

That is Steve's version. I suspect her negative feelings toward him have very little to do with how he feels about the LDS church. I imagine they have more to do with how he treated her and her mother, his feelings toward human sexuality and the sanctity of marriage, and his desire to make small children into sexual beings. He was probably a very difficult, controlling, and vexing man to live with who has to be right about everything, and micromanage every aspect of his childrens' lives. I suspect that is more the reason she can't stand her own father.

Josh's judgment has obviously been impaired. He doesn't want his kids with family because HE doesn't like them.
It's the same mentality so many have during a divorce. They aren't impartial, it's very common.

The problem here is, that it very likely already has and could go much farther than just that.
That makes him unstable, potentially dangerous and and unfit to make decisions for those kids.

The kids are living with Grandpa right now.
Yet Josh said IN court he wants that restraining order put back in place for Grandpa as soon as HE gets HIS boys back.

"You are going to live with Grandpa... and then I am going to rip him away all over again.

Your feelings do not matter to me, because I don't like Grandpa so you cannot like him either."

That tells me all I need to know. :twocents:

For whatever it's worth, I kind of agree with this. The pathology of this family is that they are woman-haters, and capable of anything in that regard. I wouldn't put anything past them, but Little Joshy Boy just does not strike me as the kind to kill his kids. That's not to say I wouldn't take precautions...I just don't see it, though.

I do not think that Josh would kill his kids and run to Canada.
The only way I think Josh would kill his kids is if he was killing himself as well.

I could be wrong... and Josh might be completely incapable of hurting his sons.
I guess we could give the kids back to him and see whether I'm right or not....

Somehow though... I think making sure he doesn't have the opportunity would be better. :twocents:

As I've said... I drive two hours one way with a few minutes notice, to take my kids to see EX in-laws. They come first.

I have REAL in-law issues. Previous abuse issues, threats, disregarding appropriate medical care that could kill my children issues.
REAL reasons to not want in-laws caring for my kids (they never have and never will.)

Even *I* would prefer my kids be with my in-laws rather than complete strangers as long as those issues were being watched.
The religion and "they don't like me" issues drive me nuts but would not factor in once a situation was that extreme.

My in-laws would not fight for my kids anyway unless people heard about it and it looked back, so it would be a non issue.
Josh should be grateful that HIS kids have Grandparents who give a d@mn. Sure wish MINE did. :twocents:

That is Steve's version. I suspect her negative feelings toward him have very little to do with how he feels about the LDS church. I imagine they have more to do with how he treated her and her mother, his feelings toward human sexuality and the sanctity of marriage, and his desire to make small children into sexual beings. He was probably a very difficult, controlling, and vexing man to live with who has to be right about everything, and micromanage every aspect of his childrens' lives. I suspect that is more the reason she can't stand her own father.

I was merely using his statement defining himself as being an ex Mormon to answer the question raised by someone else. They wanted to know if he was a former member or just never liked them. I wasn't using his statement to explain why Jennifer doesn't speak to him (I think she has been very clear on that subject herself.)

(Respectfully snipped by me for emphasis)

Josh's judgment has obviously been impaired. He doesn't want his kids with family because HE doesn't like them.

The kids are living with Grandpa right now.
Yet Josh said IN court he wants that restraining order put back in place for Grandpa as soon as HE gets HIS boys back.

"You are going to live with Grandpa... and then I am going to rip him away all over again.

Your feelings do not matter to me, because I don't like Grandpa so you cannot like him either."

That tells me all I need to know. :twocents:

I totally agree! 100% :rocker:

I wonder if Josh ever really loved Susan and wanted a life with her apart from his father and if so if he ever regretted letting his father shape his opinion about how he treated Susan. Does he ever regret not listening to Susan's objections to Steven's behavior?

I could be wrong, but maybe there was a time that there was some hope for Josh to break away from the dysfunctional parent he was raised by and to have a fresh start. But he looked backwards and leaned on his father for advise. That led to Josh losing both his wife and his children. Josh, are you happy now?

I've had the same questions also sunnydee. I think he may have had a lightning bolt experience, but quickly reverted. He may feel he's in too deep to dig himself out; hence, the remark to LE about being over his head. JMO, IMO.

We went to ToysRUs... the West Valley one...
I could not help but think... I wonder if Susan ever went there for her boys?
Probably was never permitted to...

Do we know that the boys are back with Susan's parents after their visit today?

According to Dr. Martha Stout in her book 'The Sociopath Next Door', sociopaths will marry but never for love. Their relationships allow them to appear normal.

A sociopath doesn't have long lasting relationships. Nor do they have real genuine feelings of love. They seek relationships for their own selfish purpose such as sex, money, status, connections, etc. They try to emulate normal behavior but fail in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003