DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An accident waiting to happen.

wfLstL4.jpg

rkVN1Yq.jpg

There is still a four foot flat barrier behind that railing, dense with shrubbery. If you somehow managed to fall down over the barrier, you land in the shrubs.

This child wasn't playing on the rail, and fell in. He was making tracks as fast as he could to the moat while other adults called out to him to come back.

There is still a four foot flat barrier behind that railing, dense with shrubbery. If you somehow managed to fall down over the barrier, you land in the shrubs.

This child wasn't playing on the rail, and fell in. He was making tracks as fast as he could to the moat while other adults called out to him to come back.

Personally, I don't give a toss if the child was 'making tracks as fast as he could to the moat' or falling in, or attempting to get in by any other means. It simply should not be possible for a child or adult to enter an enclosure. It's as simple as that.

There's something that strikes me as ill about the asymmetry that many people who consider themselves as animal lovers take for granted at a zoo.

Zoos are not just places in which people should be protected from animals.

If you are an animal lover, and if that's why you go to a zoo, how is it so hard to grasp that in a zoo, animals should be protected from people?

People-proofing the gorilla enclosure would have cost something in the tens of thousands of dollars. Certainly not in the millions. But what is the cost of replacing a silverback gorilla?

wfLstL4.jpg

rkVN1Yq.jpg

Was just about to post the same thing. Throughout the video I kept noticing kids on railings or swinging on the ropes...

How do the gorillas get from the moat up to the top part? I just saw a picture where the gorilla had the boy up on the top part. Did he carry him up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wfLstL4.jpg

rkVN1Yq.jpg

TERRIBLE!

Those kids could get SCRATCHED when they fall onto the shrubs.

Nobody is going to accidentally fall into that gorilla enclosure. It ain't gonna happen. Anyone in the gorilla enclosure has gone in there on purpose.

The world isn't child-safe. Parents should be fully aware of that fact.

I notice the Investigate Michelle Gregg page is deleting a bunch of posts where they incorrectly confirmed the incorrect ID and exposed a business to harassment. No sign of an apology yet.

wfLstL4.jpg

rkVN1Yq.jpg

Lol. I'm calling cps on those families as we speak. Lol.

Uncover those faces so we can properly report them for having fun at the zoo.

Lol. Just kidding.

Here is the full briefing today from the zoo's director.

He kept calm and took responsibility for the loss of Harambe, and very carefully did not "point fingers" anywhere else.

But I think he was clear that the barrier is safe, just not from people/kids determined to get in there who are not being well supervised (totally jmo).

http://m.wlwt.com/news/full-briefin...-maynard-speaks-about-gorillas-death/39791922

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I notice the Investigate Michelle Gregg page is deleting a bunch of posts where they incorrectly confirmed the incorrect ID and exposed a business to harassment. No sign of an apology yet.

Not surprised. It seems so often that 'shoot first, ask questions later' is the order of the day.

Was just about to post the same thing. Throughout the video I kept noticing kids on railings or swinging on the ropes...

How do the gorillas get from the moat up to the top part? I just saw a picture where the gorilla had the boy up on the top part. Did he carry him up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the briefing I just posted, he goes into what happened after the video that has circulated ends. Harambe did bring the boy up the ladder onto the gorillas' grounds.

The gorillas can go up and down to the moat to their side, but the moat wall on the visitor side is designed so the gorillas can't go up on the public's side.

I wonder if they'll ever further describe that part of the incident. Did the gorilla carry the boy carefully, or did he drag him up by one leg?

Shrubbery is not a barrier, it’s landscaping. The only barrier here was a two foot high railing. Thats the type of thing you would put around a flower garden, not a 15 foot deep pit with wild animals in it.

TERRIBLE!

Those kids could get SCRATCHED when they fall onto the shrubs.

Nobody is going to accidentally fall into that gorilla enclosure. It ain't gonna happen.

Um, sorry to break it to you, but somebody just did accidentally fall into that gorilla enclosure.

Lol. I'm calling cps on those families as we speak. Lol.

Uncover those faces so we can properly report them for having fun at the zoo.

Lol. Just kidding.

LOL, I only covered their faces to stay in the WS rules for posting pictures of children. But on a serious note, if you are going to charge this mother, then you have got to charge every single parent who has let their kids climb on, lean over, or sit on that railing in the last 30 years.

Um, sorry to break it to you, but somebody just did accidentally fall into that gorilla enclosure.

The zoo official I saw on my local news this evening said they have never had an incident until now. There is always a first time for everything, of course, but it seems if it were unsafe there would have been a previous incident, accidental or otherwise.

I do not see this as the child accidentally fell in--he went in deliberately. Yes, he's only 3 or 4 years old (I heard it both ways) and cannot be held accountable for poor judgment--but nonetheless, it was not an accident. He went in. He was not being properly supervised, and he went in. Then he kept going until he fell into the moat.

I wonder if they'll ever further describe that part of the incident. Did the gorilla carry the boy carefully, or did he drag him up by one leg?

Yes, it’s on the video. The gorilla was dragging the boy by one leg.

[video=youtube;ENSkI14qyF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENSkI14qyF4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member