Cindy's Inconsistencies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this is an inconsistency on Cindy's part but to me it was a blunder on her part, in an interview with Cindy and George in their home Cindy is rambling and says how they are safety conscience with caylee in the house and says "that they started locking all the sheds and stuff about a month or so ago" well this interview was done days after Casey was arrested and Caylee had not been at the house for a month or so. just found it odd. It is interesting to go back and watch the video's after we know what we know.

This isn't really an inconsistency but since we don't have General Discussion anymore I don't know where else to put this. IIRC in one news cast I think it was when Cindy was outside with the hammer (one of those times) and media was hounding her she said something about you should read The Power of Positive Thinking. I googled the book and part of the intro is as follows
1. Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Never permit it to fade. Always picture success no matter how badly things seem to be going at the moment.
2. Whenever a negative thought comes to mind deliberatly voice a positive thought to cancel it out.
I don't have a link to the video, did anyone else catch that.
I'm thinking that she might whole heartedly subscribe to this way of thinking, thus her strange behavior - besides the fact that she is covering for KC.
I apologize is this has been covered. Just my thoughts.

I don't find it odd that she said Sat. was Caylee's birthday... that day had passed, so she referred to it in the past tense, not the present tense. It's like someone asking me what I did on Weds. last week, I would say, "it was my birthday.. we went out to dinner."
Saying Caylee talked about the puppy all the time, well, obviously Caylee isn't around now to still be talking about it. So... why say it in the present tense?
Some people just have a tendency to be evasive when they are answering questions. I have a sister-n-law like that... it used to drive me crazy. It's just not that big a deal, once I got used to it. Sometimes I have to ask a different way to get a direct answer.

I would find it odd for someone not to refer to a day that has passed in the past tense. :waitasec:

I would find it odd for someone not to refer to a day that has passed in the past tense. :waitasec:

The point isn't that she's referring to a date in past tense. The point is that she's using the phrase you know in that sentence, which indicates deception. Add that to her statements in past tense about how Caylee talked about a puppy instead of talks, and it all makes sense. :D

The point isn't that she's referring to a date in past tense. The point is that she's using the phrase you know in that sentence, which indicates deception. Add that to her statements in past tense about how Caylee talked about a puppy instead of talks, and it all makes sense. :D

Lot's of people say 'you know' as a habit, especially when they're nervous. She was asked a question in the past tense - Did Caylee talk about Z? She answered in the same tense - Caylee talked about Z's puppy. What was she supposed to say? Caylee WILL talk about Z's puppy? I think you're trying to make something out of nothing.

Lot's of people say 'you know' as a habit, especially when they're nervous. She was asked a question in the past tense - Did Caylee talk about Z? She answered in the same tense - Caylee talked about Z's puppy. What was she supposed to say? Caylee WILL talk about Z's puppy? I think you're trying to make something out of nothing.

I'd say, "Caylee talks about Z's puppies." That's what I'd say if Caylee's alive.

Past tense indicates she's no longer with us or she's never coming back.

I'd say, "Caylee talks about Z's puppies." That's what I'd say if Caylee's alive.

Past tense indicates she's no longer with us or she's never coming back.

Sometimes past tense indicates that something happened in the past. And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Maybe grammar is different where you are; my brother plays World of Warcraft all the time. I'd never say, "He played all the time", especially since he'll continue playing it all the time forever it seems. :D

Maybe grammar is different where you are; my brother plays World of Warcraft all the time. I'd never say, "He played all the time", especially since he'll continue playing it all the time forever it seems. :D

And if someone asked you, "Did your brother play Monopoly last Saturday?" Would you answer by saying, "No, he played World of Warcraft." or by saying "He plays World of Warcraft last Saturday"?

I agree with you completely on your usage of grammar in that situation. But how about the example we're actually discussing?

QUESTION: Hey, Cindy, did Caylee ever talk about Zenaida Gonzalez? Did she ever say the baby-sitter's name? (simple yes or no question)
CINDY ANTHONY: She talked about her puppy all the time. (deceptive answer, speaking in past tense)
QUESTION: Did she ever say the baby-sitters name? (simple yes or no question)
CINDY ANTHONY: I never asked her about the baby-sitter. (deceptive answer)
CINDY ANTHONY: I mean, when I got her, it was all about her being home and getting love and playing and just doing stuff, so there was never a reason. She talked about her puppy all the time. (deceptive, tense changing answer)

All aboard the tenseflipping railroad! Next stop, deceptiontown!

It's like someone saying, "Hey, did you see Star Wars last weekend?" and you answering, "Hey, I liked hamburgers."

I agree with you completely on your usage of grammar in that situation. But how about the example we're actually discussing?

QUESTION: Hey, Cindy, did Caylee ever talk about Zenaida Gonzalez? Did she ever say the baby-sitter's name? (simple yes or no question)
CINDY ANTHONY: She talked about her puppy all the time. (deceptive answer, speaking in past tense)
QUESTION: Did she ever say the baby-sitters name? (simple yes or no question)
CINDY ANTHONY: I never asked her about the baby-sitter. (deceptive answer)
CINDY ANTHONY: I mean, when I got her, it was all about her being home and getting love and playing and just doing stuff, so there was never a reason. She talked about her puppy all the time. (deceptive, tense changing answer)

All aboard the tenseflipping railroad! Next stop, deceptiontown!
The questions were asked in the past tense - about things that happened in the past - Cindy answered in the past tense, as the conversation called for. I see nothing at all odd or unusual in her answers. I see no tense flipping - It WAS all about her being home and getting love.....

It's like someone saying, "Hey, did you see Star Wars last weekend?" and you answering, "Hey, I liked hamburgers."

While that makes no sense in that the answer is not responding to the question, it does show that a question asked in the past tense is usually answered in the past tense.

If Cindy has no reason to be dishonest, she would have answered the question. "Yes, she mentions Zenaida." "Yes, she talks about Zenaida." If she's talking about a real, live Caylee, she'd talk about her in the present tense. Again, just my opinion, but a pretty telltale sign that at least on a subconscious level she knows Caylee is already gone.

See if you can pick out the subtle differences in Cindy's story about Casey's "vacation":

"This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?"​

(From Cindy's deleted myspace page, archived here http://cayleeanthony.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/cindy-anthony-deleted-myspace.jpg )

Let's fastforward to the Larry King interview on 7/30 (from http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/30/caylee.grandmother/index.html ):

King: Why did you turn your daughter in?

Anthony: Well, a little background, Casey had gone on an extended trip, kind of trying to figure out -- she's 22. We were talking about when it might be the right time for her and Caylee to move out. Her trip just kept getting extended and extended, which was really not a red flag, I mean, the trip itself. There would be a few days at a time that she would go and stay with friends. She went from a couple different friends, and I never got a chance to speak with Caylee during that time.

I would ask Casey periodically if she could put Caylee on the phone or whatever, and there was always a very reasonable excuse. Either, she was napping or she was already in bed. By the time I get home from work sometime in the evening and I would be able to speak to my daughter, it would be time for Caylee to be napping or going to bed.​

Wow, so how does she explain those crazy panicked calls to 911?

Anthony: I believe we're going to find Caylee if the investigation goes the right way, if the media will not just take their own spins on things. I was in shock that first night and there's a lot of things -- the first phone call, there was no panic in my voice. The second phone call, a little frustrated. The third phone call, by the time my daughter had spoken to my son and actually said that Caylee had been kidnapped, I walked in on that conversation. So the police were going to be taking their time to get to the house, so I said whatever it was to get them out there, right then and there.

That's right, kids.. instead of admitting that she was hysterical with emotions, she'd rather you believe she was faking the tears and panic and believe she was lying to law enforcement to get them there faster.

The crowning achievement in the Larry King interview is a direct contradiction IN THE SAME INTERVIEW:

Anthony: I believe she is alive when Casey handed her off to the baby sitter. At this point, I just hope to God that no one has done anything to her.​

So she believes Caylee was alive when Casey handed her off to "the baby sitter", but it sounds ominous when she says she hopes no one has done anything to her, right?

King: Did you get a ransom note?

Anthony: No, it's not that type of kidnapping, sir. This person loves this girl and wants to have her as her own. That happens all the time. That happened not too long ago. In Orlando, Florida, someone stole the baby right out of a hospital.​

Oh, ok.. so it was a magical love-duction that happens all the time in FL, apparently. Not the kind of kidnapping where people use a missing little girl for financial gain or anything, just some angelic love-voyage by a person that wouldn't hurt a flea!

__

As an interesting sidenote, in statement analysis, order is important.

Cindy Anthony: My thoughts are a lot clearer now than they were that night that I made three 911 calls. I'm very confident that Casey will be exonerated of all charges once we find Caylee, so that's why our focus is on trying to find our granddaughter.​

So I'm sure Caylee is the most important thing, right? Watch the order carefully or you might miss it.

Anthony: So, my daughter is not a murderer. My granddaughter is missing.
What's more important? Got it.

Hmmm .... how about these inconsistent statements -

KC as mother of the year VERSUS unfit mother (Lee's statements to LEOs investigating this case that were just released today - sorry, don't have a link yet as they haven't been posted by media)

I don't believe Casey's story for one second but Cindy does. So... I would so love to hear someone ask Cindy "Why did Casey need a sitter if she did not have a job?"

Cindy never did answer Larry King's q., "Why did you turn your daughter in?" To answer that truthfully would be to admit she suspected Casey of (at the very least) irresponsiblity in the dire circs. of her missing child and, based on the excited utterance about the stench in the Pontiac, harming the child. Instead, she piles up equivocations and evasions, always in the interest of not giving certain information. This was Cindy's manner of reply on the witness stand as well. She likes to supply rationalizations and justifications extraneous to the q. She likes to redirect the line being pursued. Anything to avoid the harsh truth that would come with a direct answer. Her mode of responding is so near to Casey's, I cannot slip a poker card between them.

"Questions about Anthony's car and Caylee's room
* Schieber said Cindy told her about Casey's car being towed from the Amscot. Cindy said Caylee's baby doll was in her car seat and there was a bag of diapers in the back. That was odd because Caylee never leaves without her baby doll, Schieber said.

* Cindy also told Schieber that items were missing from Casey's room, but nothing of Caylee's was gone. "And Caylee's stuff was never moved. No shoes, no pajamas, no clothes, no dolls, no anything."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-casey-anthony-documents092308,0,2008725.story

Cindy saying the car did NOT smell when it was towed. Someone might of put a dead body in truck while it was at the tow yard. Yet, Casey is explaining the odor before she dumped the car, dead squirrel/squirrels in frame of car.

i found it strange that cindy feared it was casey or caylee in the trunk as she hadn't had contact with either for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27