Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, if I had to testify as Cindy did today, you better believe I would need some heavy duty meds to deal with the stress of recounting the traumatic details of my first realization that my beloved two year old granddaughter was most likely never coming home again, and my daughter was most likely responsible. Yup, I am cutting this lady some slack this time.

Add to that the fact that your daughter is facing the death penalty and your testimony will more than likely help towards that end, I would not be seeking out the press to spin stories, but it has got to be devastating for the Anthony's. jmo

Hello WS :)

I was posting during the hearing. Cindy threw AH under the bus every chance she got! Cindy still lied, and only told the truth when she was forced. Cindy lied on AH so bad! Cindy couldn't remember any details regarding her or Casey the day she got AH to take her to TL apt, but she remembered AH knew just where the apt was, and how to get inside, and "right where the door was" but Cindy, Cindy didn't go inside TL apt. She stayed outside.

And, Cindy doesn't think, know or remember if she spoke to AH about the car, or the smell or the Caylee missing and the not knowing where Casey was...

I'm sorry I don't have a better thought out post about this, I signed off after the hearing because I was left feeling so yucky after hearing Cindy and Lee.

So yucky.

They're always laughing, Lee on the stand, Cindy after her time on the stand...I wonder what's so darn funny? :furious:

:twocents:

And isn't it odd that her appearance for this court hearing was as dowdy looking as possible ( poor depressed grandmother) but when she was on the cruise spending part of their $20K from the ABC interview - and thought she was unobserved she didn't look anything like that, nor has she at any other time, she has always paid a lot of attention to her appearance.
Staging is what I think they call it. Image management...

I've only made once post so far regarding CA's testimony yesterday, and that was brief and done with clenched teeth, because I was pretty po'd.

Just let me run a disclaimer first - though, in hopes I can get my point across without upsetting our wonderful posters. I "work hard" to post what I'm feeling, seeing, hearing. And whenever I post - I'm not expecting koombyah as a response, I'm actually surprised when someone actually agrees with me. BUT, I do try to post without intentionally attacking anyone, or to prevent anything but a friendly wave hello from the mods.

So, my thoughts about Cindy testifying yesterday. She lied. She'd been extensively coached. And she was pleased and excited about her performance when the hearing wrapped up. Do I think she did a lot of damage to ICA? You bet your sweet bippy I do, but it was just those bits that were truthful that hurt her.

I'm being long winded - sorry. Here's my point. I feel a great deal of compassion for Cindy regarding her loss of Caylee and the destruction of her family. That's one box. In another box are my opinions about why this happened. But Cindy's testimony was in another box. It didn't have anything to do with Cindy. This day wasn't about her and her emotions and her problems and whether or not she brought this on herself or not. It's not even about whether or not she is a grieving grandmother. This was an hour or so out of time where Cindy was required by law to give honest and accurate recollection of events that took place two years ago that she took part in. It wasn't about a grandmother's love for her dead grandchild, it wasn't about a mother's love for her daughter, and it wasn't about ICA's guilt - okay or innocence. Cindy made it about herself. Poor me. And I'd better do what all these defense people are telling me to do. And oh yeah, don't forget I'm the grieving grandmother here.

Why? There are about a hundred answers to that - but that's not the point. My point is - Cindy had the perfect opportunity to BE RELIEVED of the responsibility of pointing the finger of "guilty" at her daughter. No one was asking her to come to any conclusions about "why" ICA acted the way she did. Cindy was only asked about actions. What did she see, smell, do. Not asked to accuse. Just answer truthfully.

To me if she had testified truthfully, she would have redeemed herself in the eyes of the world, and surely in the eyes of Caylee.

And yes, I still feel compassion for Cindy, but that's a whole different subject.

BBM
But, remember that CA threw in a loophole yesterday by saying that the FBI depos were not accurate and that paragraphs were missing! I think that will come up in trial when CA tries to squirm around the truth!
CA does love Caylee-but I don't think she wants to live with the idea that anything she did contributed to Caylee's death. I think, in many ways, this is more about CA being able to live with herself with a clear conscious than actually getting KC off. :waitasec:

So could CA be referring to clips she may have seen on the TV programs about her FBI statements. I don't think she gave a depo to the FBI but they did record her statement in full, you can bet your money on it. jmo

ETA: Funny how she remembers that which was about 2 years ago but can't remember a depo she had given more recently. So does that tell us she lied on the depo and just uses I don't remember as an excuse???

<<<<snipped article for purpose>>>>>

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...nthony-the-emotion-often-trumps-the-news.html

in reference to the bolded part of article:

That is truly pathetic for CA, IMO...this will make her go insane if she doesn't come to terms with Caylee being deceased. I truly think she needs huge doses of mental health to help her deal with Caylee's death and the probability it was at the hands of her own daughter. Her attorney should make a strong suggestion that she does get mental health therapy for when trial rolls around, the gory details of Caylee's death will be much more than she can handle. I think she's setting herself up to be institutionalized, unless she takes that drastic step to get help....JMHO

I feel for what they have to endure even as I don't agree with their methods or how they choose to testify. I'm sure guilt eats at CA more each day...ICA is responsible for her own actions and behaviors but remember, this family is all about appearances, CA can't appear to have raised such an evil child! JMHO

The evidence will not lie, the evidence will tell it true...as CA has stated many times, she doesn't know how Caylee died, will knowing the gory details help her come around to the probability that it was her daughter and the various reasons why??? I think it will be her defining moment when that guilty verdict is reached. Even as CA testified, ICA's hatred showed. She feverishly scribbled things that CA conveniently forgot but has stuck in ICA's mind, that you can bank on...hatred runs deep...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

You are so right on this LLL! Here is your only daughter on trial for the murder of your only grandchild and all these emotions are welling up inside you. Perhaps Cindy doesn't want to be seen as the mother who was the BAD mother in this circumstance, not her daughter. If she didn't push KC's buttons all the time Caylee would still be alive. Is Cindy feeling guilty for fighting with KC on a regular basis which brought about her grandaughters demise.
Cindy literally pointed out KC as the killer of her grandaughter when she made the 911 call about the smell in the car smelling like a dead body had been in there.
Thus KC's stoney silence facing her mother, blaming her mother for pointing the finger at her admitting that she KC is Caylees killer by that statement.
If looks could kill.................

so....can anyone manage to find a tiny bit of compassion for the woman and the position she's in?

My heart breaks for her.

No - honestly no. I use too - But, she has lied too much, she thrown too many under the bus and tried to set up many innocent people for a first degree murder charges, all the time knowing their innocents. She visiously attacted TM, and would not even allow him are all the police who worked diligantly to find her daughter to attend Caylee's funeral. She is all the time searching for more and more ways to make money off the death of Caylee. Even on the first night while still supposingly reeling from the disappearance of her grandaughter, she stopped for a few seconds to steal AH money from KC purse.

She is one of the lowest human beings I have ever heard of, and then she puts on the greaving grandmother acts and everone feels so, so, sorry for poor poor Cindy.

So could CA be referring to clips she may have seen on the TV programs about her FBI statements. I don't think she gave a depo to the FBI but they did record her statement in full, you can bet your money on it. jmo

ETA: Funny how she remembers that which was about 2 years ago but can't remember a depo she had given more recently. So does that tell us she lied on the depo and just uses I don't remember as an excuse???

She can't remember anything that might be incriminating... but she remembers everything else in minute detail. Did you watch her depo with Mr Morgan- she was really enjoying the combativeness, giving detail after detail that she felt proved her point, or illustrated her 'not relevant' comments. No memory loss then..

I was shocked to hear her say "I still think Caylee is alive," how can she, didn't they have a funeral for her? I just don't understand that statement.

She does look old and tired. I think the longer hair also pulls her face down and makes her look more tired IMO.

I cannot imagine what they must be going through at the hands of their own daughter, but I cannot feel sorry for her after all she has said and done. I feel sorry for their situation, but not for them.

I have tried to write a post sympathetic to CA - but I can't. For some reason I feel the need to post that information......I guess she needed to come completely clean at this hearing and instead she still managed to manipulate the truth and in some instances remain a liar. I agree we saw a more groomed CA on the stand. But the punch stains are still around all their mouths.....

I sat through CA's testimony and my family thought that I was crazy. I kept saying that is not true, that is not what you told LE, that is not what you said.

How sad is it that I can remember more accurately what she said and did than she can?

As for her still believing Caylee is alive, that is hogwash! CA may have some problems but mental deficiency is not one of them. She has had 2 years to come to gripes with Caylee's death and she has. If not, then she would not have had a memorial or be wearing Caylee's ashes.

What it does is sound good during interviews and sound bites. It is great for the sympathy angle. Besides....truthfully, if your grandchild had gone missing and you truly believed that the body found was not hers/his, would you go on a cruise to get away from everything and get a memorial tattoo? Or would you be out all day, every day trying to get someone to listen to you, hiring good PIs, spending any funds that you have and any funds that you can scrape together to mount your own searches? Wouldn't you still be looking?

If she had said "Sometimes I still believe that Caylee is alive" or "Sometimes I feel that she is still here" or "It is hard for me to believe that she is really gone", this would be a normal statement and would be understandable. We cant claim that she just mispoke because we have already heard her say this before and she used almost the same words. Don't ask me where I heard it but I do remember everyone talking about it here.

CA is a piece of work for sure. Don't let what you saw on the stand yesterday fool you. She was playing a role yesterday to garner sympathy to her and her cause but she told only as much truth as she had to to save her own butt.

Come trial time, she is going to try playing the same well rehearsed role that we saw yesterday because the got a good reaction from the public but she won't be able to maintain that for very long and she will explode.

I sat through CA's testimony and my family thought that I was crazy. I kept saying that is not true, that is not what you told LE, that is not what you said.

How sad is it that I can remember more accurately what she said and did than she can?

As for her still believing Caylee is alive, that is hogwash! CA may have some problems but mental deficiency is not one of them. She has had 2 years to come to gripes with Caylee's death and she has. If not, then she would not have had a memorial or be wearing Caylee's ashes.

What it does is sound good during interviews and sound bites. It is great for the sympathy angle. Besides....truthfully, if your grandchild had gone missing and you truly believed that the body found was not hers/his, would you go on a cruise to get away from everything and get a memorial tattoo? Or would you be out all day, every day trying to get someone to listen to you, hiring good PIs, spending any funds that you have and any funds that you can scrape together to mount your own searches? Wouldn't you still be looking?

If she had said "Sometimes I still believe that Caylee is alive" or "Sometimes I feel that she is still here" or "It is hard for me to believe that she is really gone", this would be a normal statement and would be understandable. We cant claim that she just mispoke because we have already heard her say this before and she used almost the same words. Don't ask me where I heard it but I do remember everyone talking about it here.

CA is a piece of work for sure. Don't let what you saw on the stand yesterday fool you. She was playing a role yesterday to garner sympathy to her and her cause but she told only as much truth as she had to to save her own butt.

Come trial time, she is going to try playing the same well rehearsed role that we saw yesterday because the got a good reaction from the public but she won't be able to maintain that for very long and she will explode.
Well...look at it this way...with Caylee still "missing" she can go on record saying that she knows what it's like to have lost a child...empathize with those who are in need of support and may be willing to contact her Foundation for assistance. I can't imagine how the truth- Caylee dead at the hands of Cindy's daughter- would be good for donations.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but...did Cindy really give the State exactly what they wanted by stating she didn't think before she spoke on that last 911 call? That it wasn't "premeditated"? Yes, she did say she doesn't know why she said what she said, but IIRC (and someone please tell me if I'm wrong), she did give LDB exactly what was needed for the call to come into evidence.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but...did Cindy really give the State exactly what they wanted my stating she didn't think before she spoke on that last 911 call? That it wasn't "premeditated"? Yes, she did say she doesn't know why she said what she said, but IIRC (and someone please tell me if I'm wrong), she did give LDB exactly what was needed for the call to come into evidence.

Yes. If IIRC she said she was in shock, and used words such as hysterical and panicked to describe her mental state as she was making the last 911 call.

http://www.wftv.com/video/24269107/index.html

Video 3 of 911 hearing testimony for CA....at minute marker 1:37 approx CA is testifying that she didn't get into an argument in front of Amy H while in the car with KC because "she respected KC".....camera pans to KC, who intakes a breath, rolls her eyes, and CM has to tap her arm........very telling......

CA is saying over and over that she didn't look at the time for the rest of the evening after picking KC up in the car, but while being questioned by JB about taking KC to the police dept...she states the place was closed, that she didn't know it closed at 5pm....this is where I think she is lying, because when you arrive somewhere that is closed, it is normal to check your watch/phone to see what time is actually is......JMHO

No - honestly no. I use too - But, she has lied too much, she thrown too many under the bus and tried to set up many innocent people for a first degree murder charges, all the time knowing their innocents. She visiously attacted TM, and would not even allow him are all the police who worked diligantly to find her daughter to attend Caylee's funeral. She is all the time searching for more and more ways to make money off the death of Caylee. Even on the first night while still supposingly reeling from the disappearance of her grandaughter, she stopped for a few seconds to steal AH money from KC purse.

She is one of the lowest human beings I have ever heard of, and then she puts on the greaving grandmother acts and everone feels so, so, sorry for poor poor Cindy.

Quote Respect kushka :)
ITA

I do not see love in Cindy's actions. Any of them. Not what I call love. Accusing innocent people of the murder of her granddaughter is not "one" in a list of behaviors I have against Cindy, it is a fundamental difference in what one thinks is right and wrong. The reality of what happened to Caylee is too awful to believe one human being could do such to another that we say we have sympathy for what Cindy must be going through knowing Casey, her own daughter is accused-yet Cindy was willing to visit that very same awful label on innocent people. If Cindy was anywhere near being effected by "what happened to Caylee" I do not believe she could so easily accuse and put that pain upon innocent people.

Cindy is saying she believes Caylee is alive. And, she has(from almost the beginning)offered up anyone and everyone else as the person who has Caylee. Recently we saw a letter where Cindy tells Casey she has a "tip" about Caylee being in New York with a Latin named man. At the hearing Cindy talked about "zanny."

If Cindy loves Casey and truly believes Caylee is still alive and out there, why isn't she doing something about it? How can I believe Cindy(George and Lee)love Casey when they allow her to sit in jail, facing the death penalty while they profess she is telling the truth and do nothing to help her?

I do not have children but if my husband was in jail waiting on the death penalty and I knew he was innocent and I had tips(and 200,000 dollars)I would be following those leads myself. Let alone my daughter.

Cindy thought Casey had made a mistake in getting pregnant and threw it in Casey's face. Cindy herself in one of the 911 calls threatens to take Caylee away "we'll do the child thing and you'll never...", Shirley P told LE that Cindy had gone for advice regarding taking custody of Caylee from Casey. Cindy knew what a bad mother to Caylee Casey was and she feels some guilt but that is squashed quickly because like Casey, Cindy can not take responsibility because that would make her less than the perfection she wants to convey. I agree with Dr. Glass's assessment that in Cindy's letters to Casey, Cindy is trying to get Casey to feel guilt. Cindy does not want to feel responsible for anything that happened to Caylee and she wants, needs to be seen as a martyr. Truly, attention for some, is the ultimate and the only time they feel alive.

In the interview with LE at Universal, they let Casey know everything she has told them is a lie. (Casey retorts with "not everything" :rolleyes: ) Obviously they know she does not work at Universal, yet she tells them she goes to college. In Casey's mind, she lost some face in the "perfect person" category and must now make it up: so she "impresses" them with the "fact" that she is a college student.

I see where Casey learned to take control but not take responsibility for the outcome. True love would let Casey pay for her actions but I don't expect that: I would understand if Cindy had truly protected Casey through out. LE told Cindy what she was doing was not helping Casey or Caylee, why would she continue to do what was not best for those she supposedly loves? LE knew Casey had done something with Caylee and yet they offered up to Cindy what could ease the consequences for Casey. And, Cindy as a "loving" mother did not take that gift.

What about Caylee? If I was Cindy's friend I would ask, "Is Caylee in New York, Cindy?" and then I would say, "OMGoddess! Let's GO! Now!" I saw a early interview where Cindy says she will knock on every door forever looking for Caylee, when they never even left their house to search in the neighborhood. Cindy "hired" a P.I. and sent him out to the woods near her home to look for a "live" Caylee. How could Cindy hold a memorial for Caylee and accept all the donations and sympathy for the death of her granddaughter if she still believes she is alive?

How can she have it both ways? If she is in a delusion, mentally ill believing Caylee is alive, not able to come to terms: how was she able to have a memorial and funeral? And, if Cindy is not mentally ill and believes Caylee is alive(making Casey innocent of murder!) why does she do nothing about it?

When you can't figure something out, it is because there are a bunch of lies. Cindy is the same as Casey, the only difference is Cindy didn't actually kill anyone, it is all about Cindy all of the time. Casey wanted it to be all about Casey all of the time and so they clashed: and then Caylee came along. Both women still wanted it to be about them all of the time and now they used Caylee for each of their purposes. That same dynamic was still going on in the courtroom during the hearing. The reason it seems like this is not about Caylee...with Casey's actions and Cindy's telling of the story(even with the changes)is because it never was about Caylee to Caylee's family.

It was said long ago on Websleuths and has been repeated many times(by that I mean documented), "Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee" that Casey wanted to hurt Cindy. Casey is a phony but she knows her mother is an even bigger phony, and when it looked like Cindy was going to push Casey out of the house and win: Casey did what she had to do(in the mind of a sociopath). Casey had so much invested in being a "perfect mother" just like Cindy did: but Cindy didn't have anyone saying she was a bad mother and threatening to blow her cover...

Now she does. What is that other quote, "now she knows how it feels?" Cindy was no more showing her real self by her dress, hair and make up than Casey is: this being the first case I have ever followed I have now had my first taste of "image making" and a "image makeover" being used to sway peoples emotions to get them to change their minds. When the nominations for best costume and best actress come out, I nominate all those that worked behind the scenes to get Cindy Anthony to come across as a sympathetic human.

I have sympathy for everyone, but not their actions. It makes me mad because it is wrong to lie. We teach children that fact, we supposedly base all that we are as good and decent human beings on the idea that it is wrong to lie. I don't mean it as any religious statement, I feel not lying is part of what it takes to truly be human. Then there is the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have done to you. And, when I judge myself for my anger at this woman and her family, I remember how important not lying and the Golden Rule is because if the Anthony family, who would want you to think they are like that, were really like that: then Casey could not have killed Caylee.

George said, "I don't want to believe I could have brought someone into this world, raised someone who could have hurt..." And, that is the awful thought that Cindy does not want to take responsibility for, that she raised a daughter that killed her daughter. If Cindy had not said all the things she has I would have no choice but to have some doubts that any of this was her fault but she has documented otherwise, just like Casey. Cindy has been covering for her crimes just as Casey has, that is why neither of them make any sense and constantly lie. And that is why Cindy can't save Casey, she is busy saving herself. Cindy did not defend Lee against the next worse accusation to murder, sexual abuse. I am sure on the grounds that doing so would bring up uncomfortable subjects for her, even if it's not true.

The one thing narcissists fear the most is what people think of them, and this makes them very shallow people, and I think it is shallow of them to believe that any kind of a meek and loving person would do the things Cindy has done in the last two years(alone). I wonder how the Grunds view the "new" Cindy? I wonder what Amy thought as Cindy "couldn't remember" any thing she had said to Amy regarding everything Amy learned and went though that day, I bet that day is ingrained in Amy's memory and she is still processing all the emotions. And, Cindy only remembers that Amy knew right where Tony's apartment was and as Cindy gave out all kinds of detailed extra information about Amy and mentioned Zanny again...

We combine this with interviews where Cindy(in page after page)lays out her theories about Amy, connecting her to needle drugs and being Zanny and we can see that right on the stand Cindy was still doing the same thing. So regardless of her appearance, I still saw the same old Cindy.

:cow:

Again, at tape 3 min 4:42 of the hearing tapes, when CA explains why she lied about the car being stolen by Kc, she says she did it because she wanted the police there, but didnt think they'd come if she was just some crazy grandma wanting to see her granddaughter.....KC again quickly inhales and rolls her eyes....its an unconcscience reaction to CA's words.....

Sorry if this has been discussed, but...did Cindy really give the State exactly what they wanted my stating she didn't think before she spoke on that last 911 call? That it wasn't "premeditated"? Yes, she did say she doesn't know why she said what she said, but IIRC (and someone please tell me if I'm wrong), she did give LDB exactly what was needed for the call to come into evidence.

CA gave the state exactly what they wanted in many ways. And often without realizing she was doing it (or probably even realizes it now.) JA and LDB are not stupid and the biggest thing that they know that CA does not appear to know or understand (nor JB or CM for that matter) JURIES ARE NOT STUPID!

As an example from CA's testimony. Just imagine if that was at trial in front of the jury. Yes she seemed cooperative. But the evasiveness was politely masked with the memory issues. She claimed she couldn't remember exact conversations or specific points or wording. Fine and understandable. A jury would buy that to some degree... until she raised her hackles and got her feelings about the FBI transcripts into the court record. If the jury watches her be vague and unable to remember pertinant facts... until it comes to something that she feels works in her daughters favor, they will quickly pick up on that. And they will then look at all of CA's words and actions through a much more critical filter. They will not believe that she simply "does not remember". They will instead fill in with "what does she not want us to know?"

Aaah...since I have watched several episodes of "Lie to Me" and have in fact slept at a Motel 6, or 8, or whatever, I do feel qualified to say, CA's body language is indicative that she is being deceptive and is extremely uncomfortable with what she is saying.

I'm not convinced that all of Cindy's memory lapses correspond to an unwillingness to divulge information. She answered fundamental questions that she had not previously been willing to discuss, or for which she had previously provided alternate explanations.

I don't think that there is really any substantial or empirical evidence that Cindy should possess an eidetic memory of the events surrounding the loss of Caylee, based on current & existing research into memory recollection and "reconsolidation".

The first article addresses 9/11 specifically. So far the research indicates that long term memories are affected with each recollection. Each reactivation of the memory integrates new information with the old and results in essentially a hybrid memory.

This may also occur through different mechanisms including length of time since the event, change in attitude, and incorporation of misinformation.

Whether the event is traumatic and unexpected also affects the recollection.

How Our Brains Make Memories

Reference Letter: (Cited 368 times)

A Bridge Over Troubled Water: Reconsolidation as a Link Between Cognitive and Neuroscientific Memory Research Traditions

Alterations in Recollection of Unusual and Unexpected Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member