Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the lack of makeup as well. Contrast her appearance in this hearing with that of her Zenaida Gonzales deposition, and the difference is striking. They left no stone unturned in trying to soften her image.

I watched the hearing online and my impression was that Cindy looked heavier than the last time she was in court (maybe stress eating?). I wonder if the stress of being called as a witness had something to do with how she looked for this hearing? It's been nearly a year since she had to appear for a deposition (the one for the state that was done at the end of July 2009.)

I also don't think it was lost on Cindy that she had to testify on the 2 year anniversary of those 911 calls that she made either.

Just got to watch the hearing the last couple days. I had been dreading it knowing how hard it would be on CA and LA being questioned again, dreading the rambling answers, etc. Watching it, well first, I was so turned off when Cindy took a water bottle with her onto the witness stand. I was very surprised it was allowed. What are people thinking these days, that you can't go a few minutes without refreshment, even when you're in court? It's like people think everywhere they go is their living room now. Like she couldn't have had a drink before going on the stand and again after if she wanted to?
However, I thought Cindy did very well in the hearing. I thought she seemed to be making a conscious effort to answer the questions as concisely and directly as possible. She did a very good job.
I was a little shocked when she said she still thinks Caylee is alive. I could understand it to some extent, but what I can't understand is, if she has any doubt that those were Caylee's remains, why did she have the remains cremated? I never understood their decision to have the remains cremated anyway for a few reasons, if it were me I wouldn't have done that. But if they thought there was any chance it was someone else's child?

I agree about the remains. Makes no sense to cremate remains that you do not think are your grand daughters..unless, you wanted to still be able to to claim that she was alive after the remains could not be retested?

I also think it is sad that CA decided to cremate Caylee even though this was against KC's wishes. To me, that made me feel like CA felt like KC had NO rights to Caylee's remains. Made me feel like despite what she was saying, she knew KC was responsible. Regardless of if she thought KC responsibility was intentional, accidental or neglect. She blames KC.

This is a statement by my client and she's authorized me to a make a statement to the public with regards to tomorrow's memorial.

I miss Caylee every day and every minute of every day. I can't be there for Caylee's funeral, but some day I want to go and visit her grave and tell her how much I miss her.

I allowed my parents to be in charge for the funeral for Caylee. I told them I wanted her buried in a casket and I wanted there to be a gravestone so I could go and visit her. I asked them if there could only be a private funeral for just the family.

I know they cremated her. I still don't want a public event with cameras and everybody around for Caylee's service, but I can't stop my parents from doing what they want. I truly hope that it will help them.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18675431/detail.html

I think this may come back to haunt CA if she blurts out she still believes Caylee is alive...it will open up a reason for the SA's to fire away at her and forget for the moment she is a greiving grandmother. She may want to rethink this outrageous statement.

Besides, ICA's little statement had no hearfelt meaning...it was a slap in your face sort of statement to her parents for all the public to hear! JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I agree about the remains. Makes no sense to cremate remains that you do not think are your grand daughters..unless, you wanted to still be able to to claim that she was alive after the remains could not be retested?

I also think it is sad that CA decided to cremate Caylee even though this was against KC's wishes. To me, that made me feel like CA felt like KC had NO rights to Caylee's remains. Made me feel like despite what she was saying, she knew KC was responsible. Regardless of if she thought KC responsibility was intentional, accidental or neglect. She blames KC.

This is probably the only instance where I think Cindy did right- cremation would not be my choice, but it's better than dumping your child on the side of the road... how Casey has the nerve to say she would like a casket etc and visit her grave is unbelievable, when she had no qualms about letting her rot with animals eating her remains...

I just think it's more of Cindylusional magical thinking, personally. Makes her, in her mind, a more empathetic character. Well, in that Cindylusional thinking way, of course.

You know, if I had to testify as Cindy did today, you better believe I would need some heavy duty meds to deal with the stress of recounting the traumatic details of my first realization that my beloved two year old granddaughter was most likely never coming home again, and my daughter was most likely responsible. Yup, I am cutting this lady some slack this time.

Personally, I don't think I could have done this without sobbing thru the whole thing. I wonder if Cindy was on some kind of meds to keep her calm?

Regarding a statement Cindy made on the stand~

She said, (not verbatim) that since the time in which she smelled the stench of the car, she had on several other occasions smelled trash in a vehicle that smelled similar..Really??

I would love to know exactly what trash in a vehicle she has smelled since then that smelled similar to decomp...

<<<<snipped article for purpose>>>>>

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...nthony-the-emotion-often-trumps-the-news.html

in reference to the bolded part of article:

That is truly pathetic for CA, IMO...this will make her go insane if she doesn't come to terms with Caylee being deceased. I truly think she needs huge doses of mental health to help her deal with Caylee's death and the probability it was at the hands of her own daughter. Her attorney should make a strong suggestion that she does get mental health therapy for when trial rolls around, the gory details of Caylee's death will be much more than she can handle. I think she's setting herself up to be institutionalized, unless she takes that drastic step to get help....JMHO

I feel for what they have to endure even as I don't agree with their methods or how they choose to testify. I'm sure guilt eats at CA more each day...ICA is responsible for her own actions and behaviors but remember, this family is all about appearances, CA can't appear to have raised such an evil child! JMHO

The evidence will not lie, the evidence will tell it true...as CA has stated many times, she doesn't know how Caylee died, will knowing the gory details help her come around to the probability that it was her daughter and the various reasons why??? I think it will be her defining moment when that guilty verdict is reached. Even as CA testified, ICA's hatred showed. She feverishly scribbled things that CA conveniently forgot but has stuck in ICA's mind, that you can bank on...hatred runs deep...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

BBM, this has probably been discussed already, but I wanted to comment on the bold above. Considering that a great deal of the people who will be testifying have a direct link to Cindy, wouldn't she be dismissed from the court room during a great deal of testimony? I don't know how they'll determine when to let her in, considering how much cross and recross there might be so I can't imagine how much of the trial she'll actually get to see in person. Is there a thread for how many people on the witness list have a direct link to Cindy? People like Dominick Casey, Tony, Amy, Jesse, etc.?

Hold it here folks, was I watching an entirely different hearing from all you today? She was truthful? She was honest? She was passionate? She was tearful?
What?

She was lying.

She was asked by Baez if she discussed the smell in the car with Amy during her ride to Tony Lazzaro's house. She said she couldnt' remember, but probably not, and after some nudging from Baez, she said the car wasn't even an issue at that point.

Did Amy not tell police in her interview that Cindy smelled the smell and Amy then told Cindy that Casey told her about George hitting the squirrel? HELLO???
------------------

Thank you! She told Amy everything, up to and including the fact she was NOT selling the house to Casey.

She was asked about her time at Lazzaro's apartment - she testified today that she was there oh I don't know... maybe three seconds...
Did she not tell police, and did Lazzaro himself AND his roommates not tell police - that she came into the apartment and said "I hope you're rich because she's going to take you for all you've got" ???

And she testified that Casey didn't take any of her stuff because she (Cindy) wouldn't let her. Nathan and Tone's interviews both say differently - they both say Casey said she was coming back, and that Cindy told her to get all her sh8t.

---------------

She was asked if she told anybody at work that she smelled the smell of death in the car, and she said she couldn't recall but probably not...
DID DEBBIE NOT GET UP THERE AND PULL A COMPLETE AND UTTER JACKIE LAMANCHICK PERFORMANCE OR WHAT???

She ALSO said that she didn't yell at Casey on the way to take Amy home because she 'respected Casey' too much to do that. Whereas Amy's interviews say she blasted her butt all the way.

Thank you! She told Amy everything, up to and including the fact she was NOT selling the house to Casey.

And she testified that Casey didn't take any of her stuff because she (Cindy) wouldn't let her. Nathan and Tone's interviews both say differently - they both say Casey said she was coming back, and that Cindy told her to get all her sh8t.

---------------

She ALSO said that she didn't yell at Casey on the way to take Amy home because she 'respected Casey' too much to do that. Whereas Amy's interviews say she blasted her butt all the way.

What is a Jackie Lamanchik performance?

That's what's scary...she has a very short memory if that's her "opinion".

From all accounts she was at her wit's end with KC's behavior. She hadn't seen Caylee in a month and there was the stealing on top of that. On that occasion I wouldn't blame her if the accounts given by KC's friends are accurate.

I don't know why she picked that moment during the hearing to interject the statement that she "wouldn't do that because she respected KC" other than that she wished to convey that to KC NOW, after not having spoken to her for over a year and a half. I can only guess.

It really seems that by and large, until the redirect, Cindy appears to have testified to the best of her ability.

Well and you'd think that would have been clue #1 that KC wasn't working. No car payments and she stole money from her grandfather to pay her cellphone bill. Why would she bother to grow up when people were always covering her butt?

Her cell phone bills appear to be about $500 monthly. Sounds like one of those deals with bad credit maybe? But she stole to pay a few of them, how did she pay the rest? Who paid them? Why didn't Cindy put her on her plan? Maybe she did but she WAY outused the allowed minutes? She had to have been doing something, not working legitimately, but working? These people freak me out. I just can't get inside of it. It's too scary. lol

Her cell phone bills appear to be about $500 monthly. Sounds like one of those deals with bad credit maybe? But she stole to pay a few of them, how did she pay the rest? Who paid them? Why didn't Cindy put her on her plan? Maybe she did but she WAY outused the allowed minutes? She had to have been doing something, not working legitimately, but working? These people freak me out. I just can't get inside of it. It's too scary. lol

Also can someone point me to where we can watch the taped testimonies? I see picture and the live links but was it taped and can we watch it? Thanks guys. I lurk and sometimes post, but can't be on here as much as I want. I just want justice for Caylee.

It may be just me, but after watching Cindy at the 911 hearing, and seeing GA and CA, in an interview this morning on television, I think they are being coached,...heavily.

These two were never calm. Not since Casey was accused of any wrong-doing, let alone murder. Yet, today we see Cindy calmly responding to the prosecution's questions. Not once raising her voice, and no obfuscation. With the exception of her outright attempt to raise reasonable doubt by stating that she believed that Caley was still alive.

Otherwise, the A's were very civil. Almost too civil for them, based upon prior behavior. CA appears to be quite overweight as well. This could be due to a number of reasons, stress, medication. I am just saying it is evident to me that something has changed.

With all the money the A's have raised with their interviews, and book deals, it would not be a stretch to believe that they are being tutored by 'experts' in marketing, behavioral experts, etc. They could not be blind to the effects of their prior outbursts, and outright lying, on the public, and the press.

Anybody else agree that they are being coached, and perhaps, out of desperation, they are finally listening?

Stole from her Mother, stole from her Father, stole from Lee, stole from Casey's savings bank that GA put money in every week, stole from her G'mother, stole from her G'father's Nursing Home Account, stole from Amy (more than once) took her Mother's credit cards and ran them up to the max, multiple thousands of dollars ( per Rick Plesea, CA's brother) to the point she had to deplete her IRA of ? 50K to pay it all back..

It may be just me, but after watching Cindy at the 911 hearing, and seeing GA and CA, in an interview this morning on television, I think they are being coached,...heavily.

These two were never calm. Not since Casey was accused of any wrong-doing, let alone murder. Yet, today we see Cindy calmly responding to the prosecution's questions. Not once raising her voice, and no obfuscation. With the exception of her outright attempt to raise reasonable doubt by stating that she believed that Caley was still alive.

Otherwise, the A's were very civil. Almost too civil for them, based upon prior behavior. CA appears to be quite overweight as well. This could be due to a number of reasons, stress, medication. I am just saying it is evident to me that something has changed.

With all the money the A's have raised with their interviews, and book deals, it would not be a stretch to believe that they are being tutored by 'experts' in marketing, behavioral experts, etc. They could not be blind to the effects of their prior outbursts, and outright lying, on the public, and the press.

Anybody else agree that they are being coached, and perhaps, out of desperation, they are finally listening?

Anyone who watched the Zenaida G deposition with Mr Morgan and has seen Cindy's insolence and combativeness would know the real Cindy and the real George. What you saw during the hearing was highly sanitized ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals