Cindy's Testimony at 911 Tapes Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only one who kinda thinks Cindy is just a control freak with a personality disorder that finally had nowhere to run and no story to "spin" and surrendered to the reality that she wasn't going to get away with her usual crap. Her comment about thinking Caylee is still alive is her being crafty in some way. She is manipulating so that she looks sympathetic. In my opinion she brought this all on herself and she is now having to sleep in the bed she maketh. I have a really hard time finding compassion under the totality of the circumstances.

Oh,THank God!

I thought I had fallen into an alternate universe :crazy:

I think Brad may have had a little talk with Mrs. Anthony.Perhaps they looked at her past remarks......a little video........:waitasec:

Cindy blocked herself in and she knew it. She WAS DEFEATED today.
'I can't recall' was the best she could do without facing perjury.

I also think her "Caylee is alive" remark is contrived. No one can challenge her on a belief and if Caylee is alive ICA doesn't face the death penalty.
If Cindy really thought Caylee was alive it would show in her actions.She would use the media to beg the public for help,instead of making up lies.

Would you go on a cruise if your grandchild was missing?

My son died 5 years ago so I have empathy for those that are grieving.
Today was the closest I have come to see that in CA.
How ironic she chose the same day to say she believed Caylee was alive

Bold 1 - stupid details? The entire 2 years we've been on this site discussing this case has been about what - STUPID details? Details like whether or not Caylee was left with a nanny or not left with a nanny? Details like Casey's car had decomposition or did not have decomposition? Details like Casey had a job or did not have a job? Details like Caylee was at the beach or was in the woods decaying? You mean stupid details like THAT?

Bold 2 - You'll have me believe that in the two years of this (argued by Defense and agreed here ...) VERY PUBLICIZED CASE... Cindy never once ever re-read her own transcripts or re-viewed her own media interviews? Never once? You're having me believe that never once on July 16, 2008, August 1, September 23, October 18, December 10, January 4, 2009, February 17, March 3, April 11, May 30, June 8, July 12, August 22, September 5, October 21, November 17, December 6, January 9, 2010, February 14, March 16, April 7, May 23, June 22 and July 15, and any date in between, that never ONCE did she NOT use the same tools we all have to prepare herself for court today? Really? She strictly went into the court today based solely on her recollection of two years ago, and nothing in between? For real?

Just like she prepared for the JM depo by scouring the doc dumps she burned the midnight oils for today's testimony. CA is playing to the potential jurors now, and by the sound of it some on here are buying into it.

I thank God LDB, and JA are standing up for Caylee, because Caylee's own flesh, and blood have chosen to defend her murderer instead.

Also, as a subject brought up in this thread - I was riveted by the "Sorority Girls" convention there at the defense table during the break. Bad form. OK, Casey is a human and I'm fine with her feet being unshackled so she can at least be comfortable sitting for long hours - but appearing to OMG it up with the girls during the break when she won't give her family any recognition isn't playing well with me. The clerks should have known better and the defense lawyers seemed OK with it. Camera is still on dorks.

I agree with you. Does that mean all inmates that go to court don't have to wear shackles? What is good for one should be good for all. Another thing that ticks me off is how JB lets KC read texts. WTH is that about?

I have a problem with the texting in the court room........that should NOT be allowed.

I must be the only one who kinda thinks Cindy is just a control freak with a personality disorder that finally had nowhere to run and no story to "spin" and surrendered to the reality that she wasn't going to get away with her usual crap. Her comment about thinking Caylee is still alive is her being crafty in some way. She is manipulating so that she looks sympathetic. In my opinion she brought this all on herself and she is now having to sleep in the bed she maketh. I have a really hard time finding compassion under the totality of the circumstances.

She has had a media coach after all- Jim Lichenstein is always at the hearings - it's all about spin. I am incredulous that anyone would accept that she does not remember vital information- it might be possible to forget minutiae but if you think back to the time when the investigation had just started she had notebooks full of 'pertinent' information, she tried repeatedly to tell LE and the FBI how to run their own investigation and she was extremely focused. She had reports/graphs, phone calls to manage....It is only now that she is facing a Prosecutor that she forgets so many things....

My younger and only brother was killed almost three years ago. It was 24 hours before anyone discovered his body. He was killled in a Tornado and we were unable to have a viewing/ open casket.

To this day, I my mind believes he is gone but my heart can't fathom the truth. I often think someone made a mistake and it really wasn't him.

I know the difference , cause I haven't talk to him since the day they said they found his body.

I just think it is harder on folks, that don't have the chance to see their precious beloved . It is harder to except the truth, cause you last seen that person alive...

In no way do I like Cindy's actions. No way do I condone anything she says or has done. Today however, I think she spoke some truth when she said she still believes Caylee is alive...Her heart hasn't yet excepted the fact fully. Neither has mine !

Charleyann

My younger and only brother was killed almost three years ago. It was 24 hours before anyone discovered his body. He was killled in a Tornado and we were unable to have a viewing/ open casket.

To this day, I my mind believes he is gone but my heart can't fathom the truth. I often think someone made a mistake and it really wasn't him.

I know the difference , cause I haven't talk to him since the day they said they found his body.

I just think it is harder on folks, that don't have the chance to see their precious beloved . It is harder to except the truth, cause you last seen that person alive...

In no way do I like Cindy's actions. No way do I condone anything she says or has done. Today however, I think she spoke some truth whn she said she still believes Caylee is alive...Her heart hasn't yet excepted the fact fully. Neither has mine !

Charleyann
I'm so sorry for your loss.

:(

You've made me rethink CA's statement.

Just like she prepared for the JM depo by scouring the doc dumps she burned the midnight oils for today's testimony. CA is playing to the potential jurors now, and by the sound of it some on here are buying into it.

I thank God LDB, and JA are standing up for Caylee, because Caylee's own flesh, and blood have chosen to defend her murderer instead.

I can almost buy into being sympathetic to CA today on the stand. That momentary lapse, however, does not make me BELIEVE what she says. As CA continued to testify, I was able to regain my sanity. I hope that your statement of "...some on here are buying into it" does not rule us out of making a contribution to intelligent conversation. :)

Actually, I am a little mortified by how sorry I felt for CA. I think I jumped into bed with someone and will regret it in the morning. :) That is the truth for me at this moment. If I remember correctly, it doesn't necessarily reflect badly on a person if they are taken in by a manipulator. But I was today.

tehcloser --- I noticed Casey looked P*ssed when Cindy was on the stand and paranoid when Lee was up there. I also noticed while explaining how long she was at the house etc....Cindy said she put Casey's pants in the washer, and then later she said when she got back she "took the slacks out of the dryer"......so who put them in the dryer if no one was supposed to be at home??????? Or was someone there "cleaning" out the car

I caught this also. When Jose was questioning her about the timeline of events. Something like what time she left work, picked up the car, returned to the house with the car (here she states that she noticed things in the car.....put the slacks in the laundry) and returned to work......stayed at work for approx an hour before they made her leave, she returned home ........ took the slacks out of the dryer ......she then went thru the car finding Amy's papers and proceeded to contact Amy to find Casey......etc.

THEN when she was questioned by the State........she tells Linda Drake that after bringing the car home; she and Geo rtn to their jobs. She said she was at the house for about 5 min. I thought how could those pants be washed and in the dryer in 5 min. :waitasec:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she took those pants with her in one of those black plastic bags with the yellow handles...you know which ones I mean. Then she took a pair of slacks from KC's closet, and threw them in the dryer to give to LE. Sadly, when someone lies, and lies, and lies you don't believe anything they say.

Hold it here folks, was I watching an entirely different hearing from all you today? She was truthful? She was honest? She was passionate? She was tearful?

What?

She was lying.

She was asked by Baez if she discussed the smell in the car with Amy during her ride to Tony Lazzaro's house. She said she couldnt' remember, but probably not, and after some nudging from Baez, she said the car wasn't even an issue at that point.

Did Amy not tell police in her interview that Cindy smelled the smell and Amy then told Cindy that Casey told her about George hitting the squirrel? HELLO???
------------------

She was asked about her time at Lazzaro's apartment - she testified today that she was there oh I don't know... maybe three seconds...

Did she not tell police, and did Lazzaro himself AND his roommates not tell police - that she came into the apartment and said "I hope you're rich because she's going to take you for all you've got" ???

---------------

She was asked if she told anybody at work that she smelled the smell of death in the car, and she said she couldn't recall but probably not...

DID DEBBIE NOT GET UP THERE AND PULL A COMPLETE AND UTTER JACKIE LAMANCHICK PERFORMANCE OR WHAT???

Come on.... she lied on at LEAST 7 or 8 questions that I counted, and I'm not even nearly as good as you guys here. I'm not the least bit fooled by her tears.

Wait, let me say, yes I feel her tears are genuine. Of course they are. I just feel that her tears are for Casey, and for herself, and not for Caylee.

MY tears are for Caylee. And I know all of yours are too, or you wouldn't be here.

I'm so sad for what happened here today. Casey, and all her eye-shadow, don't have me fooled for a second.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

In no way do I like Cindy's actions. No way do I condone anything she says or has done. Today however, I think she spoke some truth when she said she still believes Caylee is alive...Her heart hasn't yet excepted the fact fully. Neither has mine !

Charleyann

So sorry for your loss, Charleyann. {{{HUGS}}} to you.

She has had a media coach after all- Jim Lichenstein is always at the hearings - it's all about spin. I am incredulous that anyone would accept that she does not remember vital information- it might be possible to forget minutiae but if you think back to the time when the investigation had just started she had notebooks full of 'pertinent' information, she tried repeatedly to tell LE and the FBI how to run their own investigation and she was extremely focused. She had reports/graphs, phone calls to manage....It is only now that she is facing a Prosecutor that she forgets so many things....

IMO, if LDB had not shown her the transcripts of her OWN words, Cindy would have forgotten a lot more.
IMO, she told part of the truth when she had no other option.
Cindy is still more concerned about looking bad, than doing what's right for Caylee. imo

Why can't she see that honoring Caylee would cast her in a different light?

Charleyann

:hug:

I understand how you feel. My son had just turned 15 when he died and for a very long time I would see someone that looked the same from behind and for a moment,believed it could be him.Maybe there had been a terrible mistake.At the same time you know it's not true,but you hope...........

Nothing in CA's actions over the last 2 years have shown me she is looking for a live Caylee. She has changed her stories and made up lies,even in depositions!
I wish I could believe Cindy shared similar feelings,but her actions are so foreign to me,I don't believe it's true.
There is a reason for everything she says. She's trying to get her daughter off of a murder charge. Nothing else,no one else ,matters.
JMO

Nope, not new news ...CA babbled this in one of the earlier interviews with LE and the FBI among all the other "stories" she spewed out then.

No .. .. ICA never returned the vehicle ..... it was left at Amscots. ICA didn't even have the courtesy to let GA know it, but she managed to tell all her new found acquaintances that GA was taking it to the dealership. :doh:

I can't believe I missed that one. I guess in a backward sorta way KC was giving the car back to CA filled with the aroma of decomposition. Hey Mom you want your car back? Here ya go!

I think Cindy did a good job today. I think she was honest as she would allow herself to be. I do believe the questions she answered with "I don't know" or "I don't recall" was a way for her to not completely throw Casey under the bus.

I admit that I was shocked that she didn't completely stick to the "I said that just to get LE there faster" story.

I'm going to give myself a week or so to think about whether I can start to forgive her for all she has done these past two years because everytime I do, she always makes me regret it later.

But, I will say that I am proud of whoever prepared Cindy for today. They did good!

This.

I am not oblivious to my own naivety, and yes...she lied about a few things, but I have to give credit - all in all, she was a MUCH better witness than I anticipated. She wasn't combative and didn't argue with LDB when she was called on her conflicting statements. She repsectfully (IMO) succumbed. Baez & Mason weren't happy with her at all. In fact, I don't think she helped them AT ALL on direct exam.

The soft part of me just has to believe that some of those tears were for Caylee.

If she can maintain that same demeanor during trial, I think a jury would like her a helluva lot more than they will like Cheney Mason. A jury is not going to like CM and his condescending, chauvinistic nature. I really cannot stomach that man.

Also, as a subject brought up in this thread - I was riveted by the "Sorority Girls" convention there at the defense table during the break. Bad form. OK, Casey is a human and I'm fine with her feet being unshackled so she can at least be comfortable sitting for long hours - but appearing to OMG it up with the girls during the break when she won't give her family any recognition isn't playing well with me. The clerks should have known better and the defense lawyers seemed OK with it. Camera is still on dorks.

I agree with you 100000000%!! This was positively cringe-worthy behavior. Super bad form and extremely bad judgement!! A defendent does not need to look morose and subdued all the time in court, but to jump to the other extreme end of the spectrum?? Yikes. Bad, bad, bad move!

IMO, if LDB had not shown her the transcripts of her OWN words, Cindy would have forgotten a lot more.
IMO, she told part of the truth when she had no other option.
Cindy is still more concerned about looking bad, than doing what's right for Caylee. imo

Why can't she see that honoring Caylee would cast her in a different light?

rbbm:

Well because this is case is all about CA, not Caylee - dontcha know. <being sarcastic here>

Agree with your comments btw.

I can't believe I missed that one. I guess in a backward sorta way KC was giving the car back to CA filled with the aroma of decomposition. Hey Mom you want your car back? Here ya go!

Mom and Dad had to pay $500 for the privilege of getting that car back, too. Sweet considerate Casey.

The number one goal and objective is to get ICA off the murder charge - they will do anything and everything it takes to reach that goal. Nothing they can say or do at any point in time will ever change what happened and who did it. All these theatrics that we're exposed to until trial are just part of their plan to sway public opinion to their side. I'm not game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member