Classic Cold Murder Case of Most Interest Poll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What classic unsolved murder case interests you most?

• Thames Torso Murders(1887-89)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack the Ripper(1888)

Votes: 38 12.5%
  • Borden Murders(1892)

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • Gatton Mystery(1898)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cincinnati Streetcar Killer(1904-10)

• Caroline Luard Slaying(1908)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Villisca Ax Murders(1912)

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • New Orleans Axeman(1918-19)

• Julia Wallace Murder(1931)

• Brighton Trunk Mystery(1934)

• Cleveland Torso Slayer(1934-38)

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Lord Errol Murder(1941)

• Texarkana Phantom(1946)

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Black Dahlia(1947)

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • Taman Shud(1948)

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Shirley Collins Murder(1953)

• Boston Strangler(1962-64)

• Jack the Stripper(1963-65)

• Indiana Dunes Vanishings(1966)

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Bible John(1968-69)

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Zodiac(1968-69)

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • Babysitter(1976-77)

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Original Night Stalker(1979-85)

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • Tylenol Poisonings(1982)

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Gregory Villemin Slaying(1984)

• Another Please Tell Which

Votes: 32 10.5%

• Total voters
Yes, I just saw the CIA program last night for the first time.

I think I've watched all the Crime Investigation Australia videos on You Tube.

Well worth a look.

The Bricca case sounds like Clutters, in Cold Blood, if that case hadn't been solved. Who would have known the motive or make a connection? Guys who have no link to the victims show up to rob them but the latter have no money. Killers get po'd and kill the family, while not gaining anything, just risking multiple murder raps, and split.

It's no longer unsolved but the grim sleeper is one of the best names for a once long unsolved case.

I just finished watching all the Criminal Investigation - Australia this weekend on YouTube.

They were very well done and I really enjoyed them.

Had a few that I had never heard of.

I'm sure there would be several I wouldn't have heard of.

Jack the Stripper is the one I'm most surprised still has no votes.

I just finished watching all the Criminal Investigation - Australia this weekend on YouTube.

They were very well done and I really enjoyed them.

Had a few that I had never heard of.

i told ya you would like them...

I agree with an earlier post that many people probably believe Jack The Stripper was solved with the suicide of the prime suspect.

I think some times the police use the suicide of someone to just close a case.

I didn't vote for it because I just don't find it that interesting of a case. Sort of a generic serial killer - not a huge numbers of victims like a Gary Rideway or a Ted Bundy, or extremely gruesome like Cleveland Torso Killer, or just plain scary - Villisca Ax Murders - who isn't afraid of someone sneaking into your house while you're sleeping.

I agree with an earlier post that many people probably believe Jack The Stripper was solved with the suicide of the prime suspect.

I think some times the police use the suicide of someone to just close a case.

I didn't vote for it because I just don't find it that interesting of a case. Sort of a generic serial killer - not a huge numbers of victims like a Gary Rideway or a Ted Bundy, or extremely gruesome like Cleveland Torso Killer, or just plain scary - Villisca Ax Murders - who isn't afraid of someone sneaking into your house while you're sleeping.

So true. I did not find it that interesting of a case either. My vote was Zodiac, although he didn't enter people's homes while they were sleeping, but I was a kid in So. CA. when he was terrorizing No. CA. My geography wasn't that great (still isn't, but definitely better) so I didn't really get that he might as well have been in another State.

Scared the heck out of me and had fascinated me ever since. That is one I would love to see solved, but I think it is too late.

So true. I did not find it that interesting of a case either. My vote was Zodiac, although he didn't enter people's homes while they were sleeping, but I was a kid in So. CA. when he was terrorizing No. CA. My geography wasn't that great (still isn't, but definitely better) so I didn't really get that he might as well have been in another State.

Scared the heck out of me and had fascinated me ever since. That is one I would love to see solved, but I think it is too late.

I actually think Zodiac may be one that could be solved. If the DNA they have from the stamp belongs to the killer. I think some time in the future they may get a hit, not on him, but on some relative who is arrested. That is if they keep running it against the database.

I voted for the Shirley Collins case, from Australia. I found that one scary as she was only 14 or 15, goes to the wrong place on a train for date and ends up dead, miles away. She would have had to be taken there by car, but it appeared she went willingly.

The Shirley Collins Case is definitely a creepy one. I first heard about the crime on the recently deceased Collin Wilson's 10 Strangest Unsolved Murders In History entry in the Book of Lists #2 in 1981. He referred to it as "an Australian equivalent of the Black Dahlia murder".

The Shirley Collins Case is definitely a creepy one. I first heard about the crime on the recently deceased Collin Wilson's 10 Strangest Unsolved Murders In History entry in the Book of Lists #2 in 1981. He referred to it as "an Australian equivalent of the Black Dahlia murder".

I read about it in a magazine in the early '70's. I was about the same age. She was 14 going on her first date and gets off at the wrong train station. Something simple like station east instead of station west. Gets into someone's car, taken several miles away and led up a driveway where she was killed.

I always thought how easy it was for me to get off of a bus at the wrong stop and getting into a car of someone I knew who just happened to be driving by.

I think it had to be someone she knew, who just happened to be at that train station and took the opportunity because anyone who knew where she was going either thought she would be at another train station (the correct one) or that she was meeting someone at the station.

There was no struggle at the station - no one noticed anyone, although people did notice her. No one in the neighborhood heard a murder being committed outside in a driveway, so she must not have been struggling or screaming. It appears she became aware something was wrong and was running back down the driveway when the killer hit her in the head with a bottle, probably knocking her out.

I actually almost got into a strangers car when I was 16. My bus didn't come and I was walking to my job about 2 miles away when someone came along and asked if I wanted a ride. (This was a time when hitchhiking was common, although I didn't hitchhike). I hesitated and Shirley Collins came into my head (It had been that powerful to me), and I refused. He may have just been a guy who picked up hitchhikers all the time, or a crazed killer, I'll never know, but as I got older I started to get a little more creeped out when I thought about him, as he was actually driving along slowly next to me and kept asking if I wanted a ride, was I sure, was I going far, etc.

Little doubt that she trusted the wrong person to help her, whether she knew them or not.

I chose another-the Grimes sisters murders in Chicago 1956. I also find the Fort Worth Trio case interesting, but I suppose that could not be included in this poll as it is a disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back