Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all think of the fact that the judge did not even know or remember the name of "the other child" that was murdered? As a judge presiding this trial for 4 months? I bet every one of the posters on this thread knows and remembers Joseph, Jr.'s name. :mad:

I didn't like it either. Shall we start a #freechase campaign?

I thought it was unforgivable, and so disrespectful to the entire McStay family, including the ones sitting in his courtroom seeking justice for the family they loved.

Okay, I am changing my post to terribly regrettable instead of unforgivable. At the time it happened, I thought of what it must be like for Susan Blake, and if I were sitting in her place, after so many people had failed her family, the years of waiting, the slander of her family since the beginning, and then when the end of her ordeal is within sight, the judge forgets the name of the youngest victim, her baby grandson. I felt so sad for her at that moment.

What do you all think of the fact that the judge did not even know or remember the name of "the other child" that was murdered? As a judge presiding this trial for 4 months? I bet every one of the posters on this thread knows and remembers Joseph, Jr.'s name. :mad:
One of the other posters here is so upset with all the errors the judge has made they have suggested we start a free chase fund, it's nice to see that some of them are finally starting to see the truth.

Okay, I am changing my post to terribly regrettable instead of unforgivable. At the time it happened, I thought of what it must be like for Susan Blake, and if I were sitting in her place, after so many people had failed her family, the years of waiting, the slander of her family since the beginning, and then when the end of her ordeal is within sight, the judge forgets the name of the youngest victim, her baby grandson. I felt so sad for her at that moment.

I think if it had been Gianni, I could almost understand it... but it was Joseph Jr, and Joseph is not an uncommon name, especially in this trial. I would agree that Susan would have probably have felt this the most. JMO

I was sitting directly behind and slightly to the right of Susan. If it bothered her or anyone with her they didn't let it show.

ETA: Let's not forget the judge is human just like the rest of us and if Merritt wouldn't have murdered the entire family we wouldn't be having this discussion.

This judge is 69 years old, and came out of retirement to preside over this trial. When he is speaking from the bench, he has a tremendous amount of judicial pressure, in terms of what legally is required and the entire trial and the verdict depend upon him not misspeaking, legally or otherwise.

So it is not surprising to me, or even disappointing, that he does not have the names of each victim on the tip of his tongue, mid-sentence. His head is full of legalese and he is thinking about his interactions and rulings and all of that constantly. JMO

I agree. Plus we've been living this case for many years, sometimes hours each day. I think he had an amazing memory considering everything he had going on.
And I still have trouble with the boys names! Very confusing as the second child is Joseph jr. And Gianni is so similar to Joseph and he is the first son.
ETA. And Gianni looks more like a Joseph Jr. and Joseph Jr looks more like a Gianni, also called Baby G. Confusing? Yes.

Last edited:
Imes actually asked the Judge about his "stumble" (not saying the child's name) & the Judge explained that he didn't see the child's name on the possible verdict form. So, IMHO it was an error on the verdict forms that threw the Judge. See the video at approx 1:44:15

ETA: Let's not forget the judge is human just like the rest of us and if Merritt wouldn't have murdered the entire family we wouldn't be having this discussion.
rsbm

1. Judge is human in that he could forget one of the victims' name, but he should not be smiling while asking about it as if it's a laughing matter. He should be embarrassed and ashamed.

2. If it's clear or known who murdered this family we wouldn't be having this trial.

rsbm

1. Judge is human in that he could forget one of the victims' name, but he should not be smiling while asking about it as if it's a laughing matter.

2. If it's clear or known who murdered this family we wouldn't be having this trial.

#1 It’s not a laughing matter—but there’s such a thing as an apologetic smile. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

#2 If it were unclear who murdered this family, we probably wouldn’t be having this trial.

If it were clear who murdered this family—well, that’s when trials happen, unless the defendant confesses—and many do not.

rsbm

1. Judge is human in that he could forget one of the victims' name, but he should not be smiling while asking about it as if it's a laughing matter. He should be embarrassed and ashamed.

1. When people are embarrassed or ashamed the frequently smile.
2. We have trials for almost all homicide trials unless the guilty party pleads so.

#1 It’s not a laughing matter—but there’s such a thing as an apologetic smile. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

#2 If it were unclear who murdered this family, we probably wouldn’t be having this trial.

If it were clear who murdered this family—well, that’s when trials happen, unless the defendant confesses—and many do not.

1. When people are embarrassed or ashamed the frequently smile.
2. We have trials for almost all homicide trials unless the guilty party pleads so.

Do you even admit there have been cases where innocent people were tried as defendants?

rsbm

I didn't hear the judge laughing, did you? He has nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of, Merritt on the other hand is an entirely different matter but like CJ said Merritt cares about only himself.

Do you even admit there have been cases where innocent people were tried as defendants?
I made no comment on such. You stated that because we are having a trial that the "who did it" was in question. That is absolutely incorrect. There is no indication that the existence of a trial would indicate anything about guilt or innocence. That is the whole point.

Are you conceding point #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member