Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry is Mike the police ?

Chase needed to go to the cops and that’s exactly what DK actually did. Because that’s the logical step.

Comparing to a friend/business associate and relatives, who are supposed to be more concerned? Chase had no obligation yet he raised alert.

Re Dan

The defence has to show a reasonable possibility DK did it

The Judge allowed too much wild speculation

Surprised malone didn't take the stand himself to testify on behalf of chase
Exactly. I think it was good that MR brought it to the jurors attention in her closing statements that it was DK that called LE from Hawaii and asked them to do a wellness check on JM because of his concern that he couldn't contact Joseph McStay.

Hey Everyone,
Just spoke with Patrick McStay. He is thrilled with the closing argument the prosecution put on yesterday. Also, Mr. McStay has offered to come on the Websleuths Podcast when it's all over.

Carry on my friends and thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Fantastic. Thank you Tricia. The radio talk shows with Patrick in the past were extremely informative and valuable:

Patrick McStay Let the Truth be Told

Patrick McStay's Book "McStays, Taken Too Soon"

Yet Chase had considered they were all dead, the family hadn't.

Mike: "I was concerned that we were looking for homicide..... I never believed it's voluntary missing. I said that from Day One."

@9:35

Comparing to a friend/business associate and relatives, who are supposed to be more concerned? Chase had no obligation yet he raised alert.

DK has no obligation but he did the right thing he went to the correct people, are you denying that?

Chase was in contact with Joey 24/7 the family were NOT so Chase should of raised the alarm by the Monday but yet he didn’t, suspicious no?

Last edited:
Chase was in contact with Joey 24/7 the family were not so Chase should of raised the alarm by the Monday but yet he didn’t, suspicious no?
rsbm

Why would someone who some say Joey was going to fire be in contact with Joey 24/7? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
rsbm

Why would someone who some say Joey was going to fire be in contact with Joey 24/7? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you admit he was going to be fired that’s progress.

He was still in contact with Chase though even on the way home from “lunch”. So Chase should of been frantically been trying to call Joey over the weekend and on the landline. Yet the phone records claim otherwise, I mean this was his best mate and yet he didn’t behave like one.:confused:

rsbm

Because there was something that happened around the 1st.-2nd. February where JM had been in contact with his bank. I daresay it was fraudulent activity in his QB's account. It is my opinion it was something that caused CM to murder JM and his family as JM was phasing Merritt out of his business and possibly told him to go take a hike when the fraud was discovered a couple of days before the murders.

rsbm

Even though Joey was getting complaints about CM, he wasn’t planning on completely cutting him out according to Patrick McStay.

Snip

P MCSTAY: The last year Joey had talked about the quality of some of the (inaudible) had slipped. And Joey wasn't happy with that. He's upset.

KAYE: Blaming Chase at that point.

P MCSTAY: Yes, absolutely because he was getting complaints.

KAYE: Was he considering not doing business for Chase Merritt anymore.

P MCSTAY: Joey discussed with me about it possibly (inaudible) and getting another welder.

KAYE: Cutting Chase out.

P MCSTAY: Well not virtually cutting him out. Giving him some competition.

CNN.com - Transcripts

If you were one of the jurors, would you not ever feel tempted to take a look at some of the hearings outside the jury presence, that are available on video. Or during the long recesses, wouldn't you be dying to know what was going on? I would.

So you admit he was going to be fired that’s progress.

He was still in contact with Chase though even on the way home from “lunch”. So Chase should of been frantically been trying to call Joey over the weekend and on the landline. Yet the phone records claim otherwise, I mean this was his best mate and yet he didn’t behave like one.:confused:

Please don't distort my meaning. Where did I "admit"? What does "some say" mean?

Even though Joey was getting complaints about CM, he wasn’t planning on completely cutting him out according to Patrick McStay.

Snip

P MCSTAY: The last year Joey had talked about the quality of some of the (inaudible) had slipped. And Joey wasn't happy with that. He's upset.

KAYE: Blaming Chase at that point.

P MCSTAY: Yes, absolutely because he was getting complaints.

KAYE: Was he considering not doing business for Chase Merritt anymore.

P MCSTAY: Joey discussed with me about it possibly (inaudible) and getting another welder.

KAYE: Cutting Chase out.

P MCSTAY: Well not virtually cutting him out. Giving him some competition.

CNN.com - Transcripts
Susan Blake stated at Trial that JM her son had spoken to her about how he was getting rid of Merritt and wanted to know if she knew of any good welders in the area.

If you were one of the jurors, would you not ever feel tempted to take a look at some of the hearings outside the jury presence, that are available on video. Or during the long recesses, wouldn't you be dying to know what was going on? I would.
Yes it might be tempting for them, but they are in a position of being trusted by the court to follow instructions, so hopefully they did so.

Susan Blake stated at Trial that JM her son had spoken to her about how he was getting rid of Merritt and wanted to know if she knew of any good welders in the area.

Hard to believe Susan and Mike would hire Chase if this was the case. Would have been the perfect time to get rid of him knowing this is what Joey wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey