Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

I havent watched HLN since the Arias trial ended years ago.

Do you think other national channels will cover it as well?

Imo

On the court portal, it shows that LA Times and KCBS/KCAL made media requests and it says Order to Permit Media Coverage, I don't see the actual order though. Those are the only one's I see.

Thou clock doth tick slowly...
While we wait I’d like to say something about a father & his son ,if I may.
In my family we have a mix of a bio kid adopted by husband , some bio kids & some adopted kids.
It pains me when media or onlookers always refer to a person as “the adopted child of “ , “ the adoptive parent of “ & the worst “ they have 2 kids and another child they adopted”
While there is occassionally the mention that Patrick adopted Joey , we don’t see that “adopted child” phraseology about them in the media or here on WS !!
I’m so relieved because the truth is , Patrick is Joey’s dad , Gianni & Joe Jr’s grandfather & Summer’s father-in-law! That’s it ! Period
The agony Patrick McStay has endured is that of a father . He loves his son as much , if not more than , other fathers out there.
My heart goes out to him & all the family & friends of Summer, Joey , Gianni & Joe Jr.
This part , finding some justice , is almost over , but the grief , the loss , will never end and WE will never forget them .
I also lost a son (not that my loss comes close to this horror) and the worst feeling is that others have forgetten about him.
That will not happen . We will always remember the 4 McStay’s that were taken from their family

I just happened to click on HLN forgot all about that channel. We are in a motel not much on

Not sure about the others.

Thank you.

I swore I wouldn't ever watch MSM channels like HLN again after the Arias trial.

I detest the way how self centered the talking heads have become.

It never seems to fail right in the middle of either riveting testimony or statements made by either side when talking to the judge... the talking heads think the viewers would rather hear them yap, and yap about their opinions, which doesn't mean diddly squat to me.

Imo, talking heads disguised as journalists nowadays have ruined the news for everyone.

In recent years they have become so narcissistic, and self centered they spin their own biased opinions as if they are facts. Gah!

I just wish they would just STHU without disrupting what the viewers tuned into hear/see ..which doesn't include wanting to know what they think. I couldn't care less.

I do thank you for linking it for others who will watch it I'm sure.

I imagine I will do like I did during the closings, and watch it live streaming online so I can hear every word said from beginning to end.

Jmho!

Thank you.

I swore I wouldn't ever watch MSM channels like HLN again after the Arias trial.

I detest the way how self centered the talking heads have become.

It never seems to fail right in the middle of either riveting testimony or statements made by either side when talking to the judge... the talking heads think the viewers would rather hear them yap, and yap about their opinions, which doesn't mean diddly squat to me.

Imo, talking heads disguised as journalists nowadays have ruined the news for everyone.

In recent years they have become so narcissistic, and self centered they spin their own biased opinions as if they are facts. Gah!

I just wish they would just STHU without disrupting what the viewers tuned into hear/see ..which doesn't include wanting to know what they think. I couldn't care less.

I do thank you for linking it for others who will watch it I'm sure.

I imagine I will do like I did during the closings, and watch it live streaming online so I can hear every word said from beginning to end.

Jmho!
So true ! Live stream with no interruptions is all we want when court is in session.

While we wait I’d like to say something about a father & his son ,if I may.
In my family we have a mix of a bio kid adopted by husband , some bio kids & some adopted kids.
It pains me when media or onlookers always refer to a person as “the adopted child of “ , “ the adoptive parent of “ & the worst “ they have 2 kids and another child they adopted”
While there is occassionally the mention that Patrick adopted Joey , we don’t see that “adopted child” phraseology about them in the media or here on WS !!
I’m so relieved because the truth is , Patrick is Joey’s dad , Gianni & Joe Jr’s grandfather & Summer’s father-in-law! That’s it ! Period
The agony Patrick McStay has endured is that of a father . He loves his son as much , if not more than , other fathers out there.
My heart goes out to him & all the family & friends of Summer, Joey , Gianni & Joe Jr.
This part , finding some justice , is almost over , but the grief , the loss , will never end and WE will never forget them .
I also lost a son (not that my loss comes close to this horror) and the worst feeling is that others have forgetten about him.
That will not happen . We will always remember the 4 McStay’s that were taken from their family

Beautuful post.

I couldn't agree with you more!

I am so sick, and tired of seeing loving dads like Patrick, or moms who have done the same ...along with countless loving stepparents always being marginalized.

As if somehow to imply they have less value to the children they dearly love, and how dearly the children loves them.

It is meanspirited, petty, spiteful, and deeply hurtful to both the parent/s, and to the children who love each other deeply.

Jmho

Last edited:
@MissJames

Before my hubs passed he would touch his finger to his heart and say “no matter what...you will always be here”. That image is forever in my mind. It hurts so much because we love so much.

The McStay and Aranda Families have had to endure more than is imaginable. I do believe justice will prevail. Once the verdict and sentencing is behind them - may precious memories carry them through.

I hope all family members KNOW that their loved ones will never ever be forgotten. May that bring some comfort to them.

and here I thought you were in the U.S. :)

I am, I was trying to figure out why you have to wait an additional hour!

Only 25 more hours to wait....

Now I'm really confused. You posted this 24 hours before the verdict is scheduled to be read. Is my math really that bad?

Maybe we are just assuming it'll be an hour late? That would be wise! Lol

Not to sidetrack the thread but what other cases are people following? I’m in need of some reading!

OT
For light, fun reading that’s not a “case” I recommend this one:
The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

I’m following this tragic “arrest but no bodies” case in Oregon:
Deceased/Not Found - OR- Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

And I also like to suggest that members “adopt an orphan case”...one that doesn’t get much attention or has gone years without an arrest. It can encourage family to know we still care. And in a shameless plug, one of these is listed in my signature. Stephanie Warner’s third thread has been going for 5 years with a few faithful members hanging in there. July 4 it will be 6 years since she disappeared and was murdered. We won’t forget.

I am, I was trying to figure out why you have to wait an additional hour!

Now I'm really confused. You posted this 24 hours before the verdict is scheduled to be read. Is my math really that bad?

Maybe we are just assuming it'll be an hour late? That would be wise! Lol

Well I am 10 hours ahead of Pacific time. So at the time I posted that 25 hours it was 7pm here.... OH! I see my mistake!! :rolleyes: guess I did my math wrong... LOL! Okay - it is almost 10pm - so it's 12 noon on Sunday in California.
So let's see I have ..... now I'm really confused...
57x53px-LL-851d59ac_laugh.gif

Okay - try again - I will see the verdict at 8pm my time - 10am in California.... so 10pm to 10am is 12 hours plus 10am to 8pm is 10 hours... 22 hours for me - right?
88x88px-LL-ba8902b3_SmileyCrazy.gif

Well I am 10 hours ahead of Pacific time. So at the time I posted that 25 hours it was 7pm here.... OH! I see my mistake!! :rolleyes: guess I did my math wrong... LOL! Okay - it is almost 10pm - so it's 12 noon on Sunday in California.
So let's see I have ..... now I'm really confused...
57x53px-LL-851d59ac_laugh.gif

Okay - try again - I will see the verdict at 8pm my time - 10am in California.... so 10pm to 10am is 12 hours plus 10am to 8pm is 10 hours... 22 hours for me - right?
88x88px-LL-ba8902b3_SmileyCrazy.gif

LOL It’s 22 hours for all of us, no matter where we are. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members