Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT
For light, fun reading that’s not a “case” I recommend this one:
The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

I’m following this tragic “arrest but no bodies” case in Oregon:
Deceased/Not Found - OR- Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

And I also like to suggest that members “adopt an orphan case”...one that doesn’t get much attention or has gone years without an arrest. It can encourage family to know we still care. And in a shameless plug, one of these is listed in my signature. Stephanie Warner’s third thread has been going for 5 years with a few faithful members hanging in there. July 4 it will be 6 years since she disappeared and was murdered. We won’t forget.

FWIW, I have followed Stephanie Warner's case here on WS. I care.

Well I am 10 hours ahead of Pacific time. So at the time I posted that 25 hours it was 7pm here.... OH! I see my mistake!! :rolleyes: guess I did my math wrong... LOL! Okay - it is almost 10pm - so it's 12 noon on Sunday in California.
So let's see I have ..... now I'm really confused...
57x53px-LL-851d59ac_laugh.gif

Okay - try again - I will see the verdict at 8pm my time - 10am in California.... so 10pm to 10am is 12 hours plus 10am to 8pm is 10 hours... 22 hours for me - right?
88x88px-LL-ba8902b3_SmileyCrazy.gif

This reminds me of toilet paper math.... 12 rolls = 36 rolls, 24 rolls = 92 rolls, double rolls, triple rolls,etc. etc. etc. ... :D :D

I feel pleased that I am not the only one having trouble with timezones and thanks to google I am doing ok, but will sit here all afternoon and wait for the clock to be 7 pm and of course Sweden calls it 19.00.....
That's one of the things I loved about Sweden, no am or pm, lol! And walking streets and red mushrooms with white spots.....fellow viking, lol!
It must be interesting watching US cases and Swedish cases. The laws are different in so many ways as are the prisons.

OMG I just realized I'm supposed to be at work at EXACTLY 11AM MST tomorrow. :eek: I actually scheduled this meeting MINUTES before we found out the jury had a verdict and it would be announced Monday at 11am MST. Then I promptly forgot about it. :rolleyes:

I work for a lawyer. He'll understand.... right? :confused:

OMG I just realized I'm supposed to be at work at EXACTLY 11AM MST tomorrow. :eek: I actually scheduled this meeting MINUTES before we found out the jury had a verdict and it would be announced Monday at 11am MST. Then I promptly forgot about it. :rolleyes:

I work for a lawyer. He'll understand.... right? :confused:

Ask for a continuance. ;)

Isn't it supposed to be read at 10:00 a.m. pacific time (1:00 p.m. eastern)? Of course we know nothing is very timely in this trial but HLN should plan to start just a little early. moo

HLN is part of CNN so I guess they are out of GA also. Reason for the 1 EST. Strange everyone will know and not need to watch. But they did say 1pm EST

IMO

I think I'm better off just saying I have another commitment I forgot about. It's not an urgent matter, I can just go a couple hours later. I can't believe I DID THAT!!! OMG. :eek:
A couple of hours later? You are just asking for trouble with this judge and delays. Of course your client might want to watch the verdict as well...

Thank you.

I swore I wouldn't ever watch MSM channels like HLN again after the Arias trial.

I detest the way how self centered the talking heads have become.

It never seems to fail right in the middle of either riveting testimony or statements made by either side when talking to the judge... the talking heads think the viewers would rather hear them yap, and yap about their opinions, which doesn't mean diddly squat to me.

Imo, talking heads disguised as journalists nowadays have ruined the news for everyone.

In recent years they have become so narcissistic, and self centered they spin their own biased opinions as if they are facts. Gah!

I just wish they would just STHU without disrupting what the viewers tuned into hear/see ..which doesn't include wanting to know what they think. I couldn't care less.

I do thank you for linking it for others who will watch it I'm sure.

I imagine I will do like I did during the closings, and watch it live streaming online so I can hear every word said from beginning to end.

Jmho!

Trust me I agree with you. I hardly ever watch TV. I didn’t know HLN was doing trials anymore. I thought when NG left and others it stopped.

Well it’s there for anyone that wants to watch it. I’m doing online also.

I followed this case for years, but recently, I have been too busy to follow the trial. I believe CM is guilty of this crime. Does it look like he may be convicted or does the case look iffy? Sometimes the evidence is not enough to convict a suspect. Would love opinions on this. Thanks in advance!
Just curious, if you don't know what the evidence is, then how do you conclude that he's guilty?

Will anyone cover the verdict other than Law and Crime online?

Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?
This poll will close on Jun 17, 2019 at 7:34 AM.
  1. *
    Guilty
    152 vote(s)
    92.1%

2. Not Guilty
    13 vote(s)
    7.9%
POLL - Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?

What is the Jury's Verdict?
This poll will close on Jun 10, 2019 at 3:00 PM.
  1. *
    Guilty
    56 vote(s)
    91.8%

2. Not Guilty
    5 vote(s)
    8.2%
POLL - Chase Merritt Jury Verdict

L&C did a poll on their twitter account. Thought I would share the results.

66% guilty
34% not guilty
224 votes total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics