Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we are going to have a guilty verdict.

I have thought that either a guilty verdict or a hung jury was the most likely outcome.

But I don’t believe based on what I have seen from watching the trial and things I have read from those covering it

That there’s any way that all jury members would have all agreed on a not guilty verdict

My not so bold prediction is:

There will finally be justice for the Mcstay family tomorrow

Jmo

I believe we are going to have a guilty verdict.

I have thought that either a guilty verdict or a hung jury was the most likely outcome.

But I don’t believe based on what I have seen from watching the trial and things I have read from those covering it

That there’s any way that all jury members would have all agreed on a not guilty verdict

My not so bold prediction is:

There will finally be justice for the Mcstay family tomorrow

Jmo

I have to agree. Because there was no hung jury, my prediction is a guilty verdict.

Mine is too, if it were not guilty, I don't think the jury would want to come back just to have it read and then released, they'd have made time to do that on Friday.

Mooo

I guess it kind of depends on the reason why it was not done on Friday. Waiting for family? Jurors needed to be elsewhere at a specific time and couldn't wait? It may have been out of their hands after the verdict was reached, they could have thought it would be done right away after they let the court know, not knowing that they were allowing the 2 hours for family to get there. I don't know if the timing is really any indication of the verdict though. Trying to read into all of this jury stuff is like trying to read the back of Merritt's head IMO <<<< @citygirl :D :D :D :D (I did that just for you!!! LOL)

I followed this case for years, but recently, I have been too busy to follow the trial. I believe CM is guilty of this crime. Does it look like he may be convicted or does the case look iffy? Sometimes the evidence is not enough to convict a suspect. Would love opinions on this. Thanks in advance!
McSpy!
b025.gif
Good to see you! You are just in time for the verdict, which will be read at 10:00 am PT, on Monday (tomorrow!)
:D
I hope we all have the same number of hours until it happens, it's just going to be different times for us wherever we are watching.
This is why I love you, T. You just go straight to the truth of a thing.
a010.gif

Yes I'm sure. Before his arrest he honestly wasn't even on my radar. Since the arrest a lot of things began to surface and I found people who corroborated the type of person he is. Up to the prelim, I wasn't certain but the clearer picture was developing.
Well, we'll see tomorrow, it's scheduled for 10:00 AM PDT, so hopefully we'll know before noon.

A couple of hours later? You are just asking for trouble with this judge and delays. Of course your client might want to watch the verdict as well...

No client... just me and the boss. lol The client is in the slammer. So he will know the verdict quickly, the noon news at the latest.

However, you are correct. I shall make it a "I'll let you know when I'm on my way" thing.
Have I mentioned how much I love my boss?

Last edited:
Before the verdict comes tomorrow, I was watching MR's rebuttal and was curious:

WHY is it bad for the state's case that Summer was raped? MR said twice, "There is no evidence of a rape" but CM could have raped her? Does the defense imply a rape means multiple people?

And the bleach stain—why would they bleach those pants if there wasn't a rape? Because then in her next sentence she says, "Their own witness says that looks like a bleach stain".

Could CM have bleached the pants and cut the bra to make it look like a rape indicating multiple people?

I would be surprised if summer wasn't raped with the cut bra. Unless her killer was cutting off whatever was wrapped around her, if she was tied up with anything.

Before the verdict comes tomorrow, I was watching MR's rebuttal and was curious:

WHY is it bad for the state's case that Summer was raped? MR said twice, "There is no evidence of a rape" but CM could have raped her? Does the defense imply a rape means multiple people?

And the bleach stain—why would they bleach those pants if there wasn't a rape? Because then in her next sentence she says, "Their own witness says that looks like a bleach stain".

Could CM have bleached the pants and cut the bra to make it look like a rape indicating multiple people?

I would be surprised if summer wasn't raped with the cut bra. Unless her killer was cutting off whatever was wrapped around her, if she was tied up with anything.
I don’t think he staged anything in relation to a possible rape, as it appears that his goal was for the bodies never to be found.

It would have been unnecessary for him to take those measures.

I already told my kids & grandkids - Don't bother Nana at noon tomorrow...I'm gonna be bizzy!! lol

Ha Ha ha.....My husband told me yesterday, that 'we' have an appointment with a mortgage broker about lowering our interest rate, Monday @ 10 am....:eek:...

I said " No hun, YOU have a 10 am meeting with the broker....I have a meeting with Judge Smith @ 10 am...":p

The first mention of rape was in a form submitted to the San Bernardino lab by investigators. This was released long before the trial because of a motion filed. I am not sure why it isn't possible, or why MR or the prosecution argued against it?

I have a snip of the document that the defense showed in their OS, it says:

The autopsy revealed all four victims died from blunt force trauma to their heads. The sledge hammer is the likely murder weapon. Investigators believe Summer was raped at the time as her pants were in the grave near her head, and her panties were in the pants as iff they were pulled off together. Her bra also appeared to be cut off of her. The incision was made in the middle of the front of the bra between the cups.

Attachments

• OS bra cut.JPG
    OS bra cut.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors