Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was wonderful to watch.

IMO - his team was shocked that he got a guilty verdict.

I don't know. I don't think they were shocked by the verdict. I don't think the attorney was crying. And I don't think they felt he was innocent.

If I was convinced my client was innocent I would have an arm around his shoulder and a hand on his arm, as the verdicts were being read. I would give him a squeeze if it was bad news.

I wonder what the other attorneys think but I'm reading their body language as distancing. Even the perfunctory pat before the verdict.

Last edited:
Yes, and when I read that, I can picture that little girl in my head exactly. That’s one that never leaves you. She was such a beautiful child.

Yes! Her mom had moved to Stanton which she felt was safer than where they had been. Her little friend was playing with her when she was grabbed. Her tears were found on his car door.

Ugh. That beautiful smile. Her mother's grief. That case never left me either.

I don't know. I don't think they were shocked by the verdict. I don't think the attorney was crying. And I don't think they felt he was innocent.

If I was convinced my client was innocent I would have an arm around his shoulder and a hand on his arm, as the verdicts were being read. I would give him a squeeze if it was bad news.

I wonder what the other attorney think but I'm reading their body language as distancing. Even the perfunctory pat before the verdict.
I agree - especially with regard to McGee and his perfunctory pat. He definitely did not feel a thing for Merritt. Maline was expressing some kind of emotion, but towards what is debatable. The Merritt family members he'd dealt with perhaps? - although I doubt it -

I wonder what the other attorney think but I'm reading their body language as distancing. Even the perfunctory pat before the verdict.
Hi gitana1, (BBM) McGee did put his hand on CM's arm, as the verdicts were being read, not once, but twice! :)

Oh this verdict is SO so long overdue. The McStay and Aranda families have been through way too much. And Joey, Summer, and their sweet boys should be here to enjoy everything they've missed out on.

There was a time when I feared there would never be justice for the McStays. Never been more happy to be wrong.

In the Jodi Arias Trial, she got up and spoke during her Penalty Phase. She was like a joke though---listing her good points---she actually brought out a t-shirt she designed, against Domestic Violence, and promising to sell them online, to earn donations to a DV charity in her name.

It was pathetic.

It was a horrible slap in the face to Travis and his family. Galls me to this day that that monster was allowed to do that.

He didn't mean it????? WTH! I thought Maline was saying the convicted quadruple murderer was innocent! Obvs she didn't get the talking points. Wow. I am stunned. I guess on the bright said, she is admitting that he actually did the crime.

Yeah. How do you not "mean" to murder four, separate people? That takes some time. Time to reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog