Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping nothing happens to any of the jurors over the weekend. Seems really risky to wait 3 days for a verdict to be announced. I have a feeling someone may slip-up and we'll all hear what the verdict is before it is Monday. I really hope not, but I'm feeling really uneasy about this! :eek:

3 days gives a juror time to think...

I'm really hoping nothing happens to any of the jurors over the weekend. Seems really risky to wait 3 days for a verdict to be announced. I have a feeling someone may slip-up and we'll all hear what the verdict is before it is Monday. I really hope not, but I'm feeling really uneasy about this! :eek:

That is a frightening thought—and a real leak would lead to that juror being removed, and the process starting over, at best. (MOO)

Even a fake leak—something that’s just unfounded gossip—might end up as an appeal topic, I think.

I'm pretty sure the jurors had to sign the verdict forms, and therefore too late to change minds. The probably came early today to do the paperwork, leaving plenty of time the rest of today to read the verdict and be released from service. Now they have to come back Monday.

Not reading it UNTIL MONDAY MORNING?! Why? The family members are going to end up hospitalized over the weekend!

Could this mean not guilty?

Or guilty?????

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure the jurors had to sign the verdict forms, and therefore too late to change minds. The probably came early today to do the paperwork, leaving plenty of time the rest of today to read the verdict and be released from service. Now they have to come back Monday.

I'm unsure if they could change their mind... they usually poll the juror's at the end, if one says "no" that's not my verdict now... then what? I don't think it happens often, but giving them 3 days to go home and ponder the thought... whether it's the the thought of letting a guilty man go free, or having doubts about his guilt, I just don't see how this is a good thing at all, 3 friggen days???

@gitana1 now that they have reached a verdict, did the judge review that verdict already? or will that be done on Monday as well? TIA

Yeah...if it was not guilty why wouldn't they just read it and be done with it. Instead of making a not guilty man sit in prison another 2 days. It has to be guilty. MOO

I was leaning towards guilty too.... but then our insider said it was so family could get there? I want to know if the judge knows the verdict already. My thought process is that the State was expected to respond to the defense filing on Monday morning I believe and wondering if that issue with Wallace needs to be dealt with first.

The jury still has to go through the sentencing phase before they're released.

The reason is to give the family time to get there.

Oh thank you so much for letting all of us now the reason for the delay.

If they wanted this delay then I know everyone else understands it.

They are the ones who matter.

My warmest thought, and prayers are with all of the family members of the victims.

I feel true justice has finally come for Joey, Summer, JJr, and little G.

Please tell them all so many have supported them throughout. and their long journey seeking justice.

Are courts closed on Fridays or this Judge does not work on Fridays? Therefore, the Judge did not want to open the courtroom/courthouse and bring in security...all would mean extra monies spent? I guess no rush as ‘he’ is in jail....just hope the jury stays silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou